Author Topic: Superman vs Batman 2015!  (Read 101242 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Superman vs Batman 2015!
« Reply #425 on: March 23, 2016, 02:40:44 PM »
Snyder's Watchmen took a beating initially like BvS is, but Watchmen is a brilliant, beautifully made film.  When I read critic opinions I can tell fairly confidently which are comic book fans and which are not and most critics are just film fans.  I think CMB saturation is setting in for many....they're tired of the genre and want every film to be "Gone with the Wind" (which I didn't enjoy LOL). 

Most often the films critics love I can't frikin stand.  So I don't really care what critics think, let alone with critics think of CBMs.  I like movies for what they are, not what they aren't. 

One guy wants the movie to be one way and another guy wants it to be the opposite.  Whose right?  Ultimately BvS is supposed to be a darker film and sticks to comic book action faithfully yet with beatifully shot action (Snyder's forte), but that "editing, pacing, character development" is lacking.  All these terms average Joes use today about movies make me wanna throw up.

I want to see Batman punch Superman, Superman to punch Batman, both to punch Doomsday, Doomsday to punch everyone and whole bunch of splosions, bone crunches and heat vision.

Watchmen sucked ass.  Sorry to say.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #426 on: March 23, 2016, 02:42:04 PM »
HAHHAHAHAHA check out this critics Review, what a faggoooot

An even less charitable way to put it is that a clearly excited 7- or 8-year-old kid sitting in front of me busted out crying and had to be whisked out of the theater by his father within the first five minutes. Perhaps he was unnerved by the harsh, operatic violence of Bruce Wayne’s parents getting murdered—the mom’s pearls get tangled around the gun, somehow, which allows for some very tight and poignant slow motion—or maybe he was offended by the notion that a 2016 Batman movie felt it necessary to depict Bruce Wayne’s parents getting murdered. Either way, this kid bounced.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/batman-v-superman-is-v-bad-1766555948

Yea because nobody and i mean nobody has ever seen the Waynes get murdered in a batman movie before, queue Spiderman's Uncle sob story next by the critic

Why do they need to keep telling this part of the story?  No one seeing this movie is unaware about it.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #427 on: March 23, 2016, 02:43:44 PM »
Why do they need to keep telling this part of the story?  No one seeing this movie is unaware about it.

i agree, its tired and fucking old

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: March 23, 2016, 03:02:28 PM »
I guess a small minority of people are maybe seeing the batman story for the first time and don't know the parents getting murdered plot.
It is very old though and the trailers for the film are shit, way too much is being stuffed into the movie. Sadly it will rake in tonnes at the box office even if it is crap. Can't wait for the R rated era to come back into fashion with the comic book stuff dying out, its gone on way too long now.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #429 on: March 23, 2016, 04:09:04 PM »
I guess a small minority of people are maybe seeing the batman story for the first time and don't know the parents getting murdered plot.
It is very old though and the trailers for the film are shit, way too much is being stuffed into the movie. Sadly it will rake in tonnes at the box office even if it is crap. Can't wait for the R rated era to come back into fashion with the comic book stuff dying out, its gone on way too long now.

this movie is nothing more than filling the gap for the JL movie.  They're trying to introduce all the characters quickly.  That's fine, but in doing that avoid the back story.  Just have batman being batman and none of the history of why he's batman.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #430 on: March 23, 2016, 05:33:56 PM »
this movie is nothing more than filling the gap for the JL movie.  They're trying to introduce all the characters quickly.  That's fine, but in doing that avoid the back story.  Just have batman being batman and none of the history of why he's batman.

You're talking about 2 -3 minutes of film probably.

I doubt it's taking anything away from the actual film itself.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #431 on: March 23, 2016, 09:28:10 PM »
Why does every fucking Batman movie need the show his parents getting murder? It is like every movie is a fucking reboot.
I don't get subpar reboots. Same plot different actors. Bad DC comics. They will never catch marvel that way
A

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #432 on: March 23, 2016, 10:02:37 PM »
Snyder's Watchmen took a beating initially like BvS is, but Watchmen is a brilliant, beautifully made film.  When I read critic opinions I can tell fairly confidently which are comic book fans and which are not and most critics are just film fans.  I think CMB saturation is setting in for many....they're tired of the genre and want every film to be "Gone with the Wind" (which I didn't enjoy LOL). 

Most often the films critics love I can't frikin stand.  So I don't really care what critics think, let alone with critics think of CBMs.  I like movies for what they are, not what they aren't. 

One guy wants the movie to be one way and another guy wants it to be the opposite.  Whose right?  Ultimately BvS is supposed to be a darker film and sticks to comic book action faithfully yet with beatifully shot action (Snyder's forte), but that "editing, pacing, character development" is lacking.  All these terms average Joes use today about movies make me wanna throw up.

I want to see Batman punch Superman, Superman to punch Batman, both to punch Doomsday, Doomsday to punch everyone and whole bunch of splosions, bone crunches and heat vision.

I look forward to your review!

I think the film will be good, maybe not great?

I think Man of Steel was often brilliant, but Snyder seems to have trouble tying his brilliance together into one compelling narrative.

I think history will be kind to his film making (not saying he's ahead of his time, just misunderstood) 

I will be there on Friday, and I will be grubbing on an overpriced dog and enjoying the hell out of a well deserved day off work.

Talk to you after the show, my man.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #433 on: March 24, 2016, 02:38:19 AM »
If ISIS was ever to strike at a movie theater, I hope they strike at a theater full of Reddit-ors seeing this movie.

You can tell by the trailer this movie is going to be a turbocharged garbage truck.

That being said, it will still shit all over Suicide Squad. That one looks like a turbocharged short bus.
a

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #434 on: March 24, 2016, 03:28:53 AM »
Fuck this movie and any one that sees it, especially after Ben's stupid attack on Sam Harris.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #435 on: March 24, 2016, 03:33:17 AM »
Who is Ben Harris and why did Batman attack him?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #436 on: March 24, 2016, 03:40:08 AM »
Who is Ben Harris and why did Batman attack him?

It's Sam Harris. Not surprised you don't know since you likely had your head up some whales ass at the time and ever since.  :)

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: March 24, 2016, 04:02:00 AM »
whats this gif from with some catman?
It's Sam Harris. Not surprised you don't know since you likely had your head up some whales ass at the time and ever since.  :)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: March 24, 2016, 05:36:13 AM »
It's Sam Harris. Not surprised you don't know since you likely had your head up some whales ass at the time and ever since.  :)

Who is Sam Harris and why did Batman attack him?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: March 24, 2016, 05:40:21 AM »
whats this gif from with some catman?

It's from Capitan Amerigo Vespucci VS Catman (he's one fast Hebrew)

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: March 24, 2016, 06:24:42 AM »
Fuck this movie and any one that sees it, especially after Ben's stupid attack on Sam Harris.

Whats the deal with dan harris and ben?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: March 24, 2016, 06:26:46 AM »

Did Ben train with Ron Harris for this role and had a dispute with him? Why the attack?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: March 24, 2016, 06:37:34 AM »
I'll attend a late showing Sunday evening. Try to avoid humanity as much as possible.

Very excited.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: March 24, 2016, 06:39:19 AM »
I'll attend a late showing Sunday evening. Try to avoid humanity as much as possible.

Very excited.

There will probably be a bunch of Hebrews sitting in the front row yibber-yabbering throughout the whole movie!

JK, good luck with your visit to the cinema Fortress! Hope you will enjoy it.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: March 24, 2016, 06:46:30 AM »
Ed Harris is an excellent actor

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: March 24, 2016, 06:50:03 AM »
Ed Harris is an excellent actor

Just wondering how Will "World" Harris was involved with this movie, was he playing Big Ben aka The Thing?

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: March 24, 2016, 07:05:04 AM »
Just wondering how Will "World" Harris was involved with this movie, was he playing Big Ben aka The Thing?

Isnt he butt buddies with neil patrick harris?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: March 24, 2016, 07:09:04 AM »
There will probably be a bunch of Hebrews sitting in the front row yibber-yabbering throughout the whole movie!

JK, good luck with your visit to the cinema Fortress! Hope you will enjoy it.

Oh, gosh, I hope not. I've been way too close to theatre punch-ups too many times.

I enjoy peace and quiet. The only sound I wanna hear is Batman telling Superman he's gonna make him bleed.

Thanks, man!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #448 on: March 24, 2016, 08:23:45 AM »
Why does every fucking Batman movie need the show his parents getting murder? It is like every movie is a fucking reboot.
I don't get subpar reboots. Same plot different actors. Bad DC comics. They will never catch marvel that way

???  How about the 18th Spiderman reboot with the same long drawn of story of how he got that way.  Boring as shit.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: March 24, 2016, 08:32:43 AM »