Author Topic: DeSantis announces voter fraud charges against 20 in Florida  (Read 698 times)

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
Re: DeSantis announces voter fraud charges against 20 in Florida
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 03:45:05 AM »
DeSantis is far from perfect, particularly on foreign policy, which is the same as every other politician in the country, but he’s the best choice for the GOP to win the presidency in ‘24. Trump is old and carries too much baggage.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 06:29:38 AM »
Country needs a Trump type, but not THE Trump.

DeSantis fits the bill.
Y

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 08:22:24 AM »
DeSantis is far from perfect, particularly on foreign policy, which is the same as every other politician in the country, but he’s the best choice for the GOP to win the presidency in ‘24. Trump is old and carries too much baggage.

Country needs a Trump type, but not THE Trump.

DeSantis fits the bill.

No, he doesn't. The left (via their media buddies) is already pushing the narrative that DeSantis is EVEN WORSE than Trump.

Plus, thanks to this screwball FBI raid, Trump is raking in money hand over fist. And, the polls consistently have him beating DeSantis, at least 2-to-1. A recent NH poll (ST. Anslem College Survey Cener) has Trump at 50% vs. DeSantis at 29%; everyone else is in single digits.

Besides, as Pharaoh Seti said in "The Ten Commandments" (when Ramses accused Moses of treason), "Who would take a throne by force that he has earned by deeds?"

Why challenge the Donald now, when you're the heir-apparent to the MAGA throne in 2028? He inherits all of the Trump supporters, gets the "blessing" of the Orange Man, and has an entire party at his disposal. All DeSantis needs to do is concentrate on beating the brakes off Fried/Crist in 2022 and staying governor of my home state of FL.  ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 10:02:56 AM »
No, he doesn't. The left (via their media buddies) is already pushing the narrative that DeSantis is EVEN WORSE than Trump.

Plus, thanks to this screwball FBI raid, Trump is raking in money hand over fist. And, the polls consistently have him beating DeSantis, at least 2-to-1. A recent NH poll (ST. Anslem College Survey Cener) has Trump at 50% vs. DeSantis at 29%; everyone else is in single digits.

Besides, as Pharaoh Seti said in "The Ten Commandments" (when Ramses accused Moses of treason), "Who would take a throne by force that he has earned by deeds?"

Why challenge the Donald now, when you're the heir-apparent to the MAGA throne in 2028? He inherits all of the Trump supporters, gets the "blessing" of the Orange Man, and has an entire party at his disposal. All DeSantis needs to do is concentrate on beating the brakes off Fried/Crist in 2022 and staying governor of my home state of FL.  ;D

Because I am of the belief that another 4 years of Trump causes the pendulum to swing hard back the other way, and 2028 goes back to blue.  Getting DeSantis in now gives the best chance at 8 years.

I've said most of the angst caused by Trump is self imposed by those who have lost their minds, however, even given that, I don't think we need 4 years of Trump.  And on top of that, I'm not a fan of 80+ year old Presidents, regardless of who they are.
Y

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 10:51:22 AM »
Because I am of the belief that another 4 years of Trump causes the pendulum to swing hard back the other way, and 2028 goes back to blue.  Getting DeSantis in now gives the best chance at 8 years.

I've said most of the angst caused by Trump is self imposed by those who have lost their minds, however, even given that, I don't think we need 4 years of Trump.  And on top of that, I'm not a fan of 80+ year old Presidents, regardless of who they are.

Very true.

If Trump dropped out, all his voters would go to DeSantis anyway.

Trump is damaged goods.

It will be hard for me to vote for him again.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 10:54:13 AM »
Very true.

If Trump dropped out, all his voters would go to DeSantis anyway.

Trump is damaged goods.

It will be hard for me to vote for him again.

I think he was necessary in 2016, we did need the shakeup and the exposure of the dishonest media and such.

But, in my opinion, he botched his covid messaging and 1st debate SO badly it made me think he's incapable of any compromise.  It was fine for his run, and set the stage for DeSantis now, but I don't think we need him again.
Y

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 10:59:54 AM »
I think he was necessary in 2016, we did need the shakeup and the exposure of the dishonest media and such.

But, in my opinion, he botched his covid messaging and 1st debate SO badly it made me think he's incapable of any compromise.  It was fine for his run, and set the stage for DeSantis now, but I don't think we need him again.

Agree 100%.

And the pendulum swing is something i said when he was in office and what we have seen with Biden.

You swing to too far one way or another, it comes back that much further.