Author Topic: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020  (Read 422854 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2019, 11:22:37 AM »
I think he certainly has to be considered a front runner at this point. Young, tall guy with a decent look. Catchy name, speaks Spanish and has social media appeal.

The problem will be when Beto gets on stage with Trump. He looked flustered and awkward versus Cruz. In the words of Mickey from Rocky "What's going to happen when you face the Champ?"

Trump would bury this guy in front of the entire world.

Head to head versus Trump, I think the Don easily takes Texas, Arizona, Florida, Ohio. Strong favorite in Wisconsin and likely takes Pennsylvania yet again.  

:D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2019, 01:03:45 PM »
It'll be Beto.

Good bet, given the obscene amount of money he raised in Texas. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2019, 02:04:16 PM »
Good bet, given the obscene amount of money he raised in Texas. 

He flubbed a bit today when asked about immigration.

He made the point about many illegals just being overstayed visas.  When asked how to correct it, he said "I don't know".

I didn't see the interview, so I don't have the context / body language around how he answered.  Sometimes, a straightforward "I don't know" is a good answer, rather than trying to make up some bullshit.

But if it's a stuttering, "uh, I don't know" it means he's caught off guard, and doesn't have an alternative to the wall he's bitching about.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2019, 03:10:52 PM »

He made the point about many illegals just being overstayed visas.  When asked how to correct it, he said "I don't know".

I didn't see the interview, so I don't have the context / body language around how he answered.  Sometimes, a straightforward "I don't know" is a good answer, rather than trying to make up some bullshit.

But if it's a stuttering, "uh, I don't know" it means he's caught off guard, and doesn't have an alternative to the wall he's bitching about.

He, like most of them, lack substance.  They just memorize their talking points and regurgitate them. 

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2019, 03:34:01 PM »

He is Hussein Oblunder version 2 - totally inept clown of piss
K

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2019, 04:00:09 PM »
Kirsten Gillibrand Launches 2020 Presidential Exploratory Committee
The New York senator is the latest high-profile Democrat to confirm that she is seriously considering a bid to oust President Donald Trump.
By Marina Fang and Daniel Marans
01/15/2019

NEW YORK ― Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) has launched an exploratory committee to begin raising money for a possible 2020 presidential campaign, she said Tuesday during an appearance on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.”

“I’m filing an exploratory committee for president of the United States ― tonight!” Gillibrand told host Stephen Colbert, eliciting cheers from the studio audience.

Asked why she was running, Gillibrand replied, “I’m going to run for president of the united states, because as a young mom I am gonna fight for other people’s kids as hard as I fight for my own, which is why I believe health care is a right and not a privilege.

“It’s why I believe we should have better public schools for our kids ― it shouldn’t matter what block you grow up on, and I believe that anybody who wants to work hard enough should be able to get whatever job training they need to earn their way into the middle class,” she continued.

“But you are never gonna accomplish any of these things if you don’t take on the systems of power that make all of that impossible, which is taking on institutional racism, it’s taking on the corruption and greed in Washington, it’s taking on the special interests that write legislation in the dead of night. And I know that I have the compassion, courage and the fearless determination to get that done.”

Gillibrand, who had been widely expected to jump into the race, is the latest high-profile Democrat to confirm that she is seriously considering a bid to oust President Donald Trump in 2020.

In late December, fellow Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) became the first major Democratic figure to officially begin testing the waters for a 2020 run with the creation of an exploratory committee. Last week, former Obama administration Cabinet member Julián Castro and Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) announced their entry into the field.

A number of Gillibrand’s Senate colleagues have been floated as possible 2020 Democratic presidential contenders, including Sens. Kamala Harris (Calif.), Cory Booker (N.J.), Sherrod Brown (Ohio), Amy Klobuchar (Minn.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

Trump’s 2016 defeat of Hillary Clinton, who would have become the first female U.S. president, left Democrats hoping for a slate of several female candidates to challenge Trump in 2020 and make history.

Gillibrand is seen as well-positioned to do so as a frequent critic of Trump ― and a target of his sexist attacks. She has consistently voted against his policies and nominees. In 2017, she called for Trump’s resignation, citing the “numerous” and “credible” sexual harassment and assault allegations against him.

Gillibrand joined the Senate in 2009, appointed to fill the seat vacated by Clinton, who had been named secretary of state under President Barack Obama. The two first met during Clinton’s first Senate campaign in 2000, and Gillibrand came to consider her a mentor. Gillibrand later supported Clinton’s 2008 and 2016 presidential campaigns.

Before joining the Senate, Gillibrand, an attorney, served two years in the House representing New York’s 20th Congressional District, outside of the state capital of Albany. Representing a more conservative and rural area of the state, she was considered a moderate Democrat, and was part of the now-defunct group of Blue Dog Democrats in the House.

As a senator, she took on more progressive positions, later winning a special election in 2010 and a full Senate term in 2012. She handily won re-election last November.

One of Gillibrand’s key issues during her Senate tenure has been advocating for survivors of sexual violence. Long before the Me Too movement, she sponsored legislation to combat sexual misconduct in the workplace, on college campuses and in the military.

When the Me Too movement catalyzed the resignations of a spate of Capitol Hill lawmakers in 2017, Gillibrand led the charge to overhaul a set of arcane congressional policies for addressing sexual misconduct claims.

She, along with the other Democratic women of the Senate, called on then-Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) to resign over mounting sexual misconduct allegations from nearly 10 women. She subsequently generated an extraordinary amount of fury from some progressives and defenders of Franken who blamed her for his downfall, called her a political “opportunist” and pledged not to donate to her campaigns.

Gillibrand also made headlines when she said that former President Bill Clinton, who was accused of sexual misconduct by several women, should have resigned in 1998 after his extramarital affair with then-White House intern Monica Lewinsky became public.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kirsten-gillibrand-2020-presidential-exploratory-committee_us_5c37a3e1e4b0c469d76c52f0

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2019, 06:11:57 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2019, 02:02:43 PM »
Good video, funny guy.

-Menu choice - excellent idea.

-Making sure to announce that he picked up the tab. Crass.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2019, 04:37:47 PM »
Democratic Sen. Kamala Harris Says She Is Running for President in 2020
By Reid J. Epstein and Ken Thomas
Updated Jan. 21, 2019
WASHINGTON—California Sen. Kamala Harris said Monday she will seek the Democratic nomination for president, launching a campaign to become the nation’s first woman and second African-American to win the White House.

Kamala Harris

@KamalaHarris
 I'm running for president. Let's do this together. Join us: http://kamalaharris.org

2:35 AM - Jan 21, 2019
64.9K people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Ms. Harris, who served as San Francisco district attorney and California attorney general before being elected to the Senate in 2016, made her announcement in a Martin Luther King Jr. Day interview on ABC’s “Good Morning America” and in a video distributed to supporters.

“I am running for president of the United States and I’m very excited about it,” Ms. Harris said. “I love my country and this is a moment in time where I feel a sense of responsibility to fight for who we are.”

The 54-year-old will highlight her career as a prosecutor with the campaign slogan “For the People.” She joins a Democratic field that includes two of her Senate colleagues, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, along with former U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro and former Maryland Rep. John Delaney.

The field could grow in the coming weeks with the potential entries of Sens. Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Cory Booker of New Jersey, former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke, former Vice President Joe Biden and others.

Speaking Monday at Washington’s Howard University, where she received an undergraduate degree, Ms. Harris said she was prepared to fight.

“Right now we have an administration that has waged a full-on assault against American institutions and American ideals,” she said. “It is going to be about speaking truth, especially when there is so much that is contrary to truth. It is going to be about regaining the trust of Americans.”

Michael Ahrens, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee, said the senator was “arguably the least vetted Democrat running for president,” called her unqualified and out-of-touch and said she had produced a “radically liberal voting record” during her two years in the Senate.

Ms. Harris touted her career as a prosecutor and said that as president she would aim to “keep people safe.” Yet during her announcement interview she faced questions about whether her résumé reflects a candidate more aligned with law enforcement than with minority communities.

Ms. Harris said the nation’s law-enforcement and criminal-justice systems have included “systemic racism” that she will work to change.

“It is a false choice to suggest that communities don’t want law enforcement,” she said. “Most communities do. They don’t want excessive force, they don’t want racial profiling, but nobody should.”

Asked during the news conference if she regretted any of her decisions as a prosecutor, Ms. Harris cited cases in which her office wasn’t able to charge alleged child molesters due to lack of evidence, and instances in which deputy prosecutors hadn’t consulted her on decisions, though she added that she took full responsibility for those matters.

“But I will also say that there is a lot about what I did as a prosecutor that I’m proud of, including a recognition that there are fundamental flaws in the criminal justice system and that this criminal justice system needs to be reformed,” she said.

The Harris campaign plans to rely on her status as the potential first black woman president. African-American voters carry enormous clout in Democratic presidential primaries, having boosted Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton to the last two contested nominations. Her aides also see California’s moving its primary from the end of the nominating calendar to near the beginning as a boon for her candidacy.

Aides noted that her campaign’s colors—red and yellow—are borrowed from the 1972 campaign of Shirley Chisholm, the first black woman to seek the presidency.

Ms. Harris’s first public event as a presidential candidate is scheduled for Friday in South Carolina, where she will address a gala held by her college sorority. She plans to travel to Iowa next week.

Ms. Harris’s campaign platform includes a monthly tax credit of as much as $500 for families earning less than $100,000 a year, reducing maternal mortality rates and bail overhauls to reduce the federal prison population. She has been a staunch opponent of the Trump administration’s immigration policy and was in June the first senator to call for the resignation of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen after the DHS began separating migrant children from their families at the border.

Ms. Harris telegraphed her presidential ambitions as soon as she arrived in Washington. She hired top staffers from the Hillary Clinton campaign to work in her Senate office and became one of the party’s most active figures on social media.

In her two years in Washington, Ms. Harris has established a reputation within the party as a hard-nosed interrogator from her perch as a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, including her questioning last year of Brett Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearing to become a Supreme Court justice.

Ms. Harris recently completed an abbreviated tour for her autobiography, “The Truths We Hold.” The book includes a passage about her work as attorney general in negotiating a multibillion-dollar settlement with five major banks for their role in the foreclosure crisis after the economic downturn a decade ago.

Ms. Harris begins her presidential campaign at a financial disadvantage to Senate colleagues already in the race. Her latest campaign-finance report, which covers a period ending Sept. 30, showed her with $1.7 million in cash on hand. Ms. Gillibrand and Ms. Warren each had more than $10 million in their latest reports.

The daughter of a Jamaican father and Indian mother, Ms. Harris was born in Oakland and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area but spent her teenage years in Montreal after her parents’ divorce.

She was elected San Francisco district attorney in 2003 and California attorney general in 2010 before winning her Senate race in 2016 following the retirement of former Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democratic-sen-kamala-harris-says-she-is-running-for-president-in-2020-11548073967

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2019, 02:51:10 PM »
Poll: Biden Favored in 2020 by Democrats
By Jeffrey Rodack    |   Thursday, 24 January 2019

President Joe Biden leads possible Democratic presidential contenders, according to a Politico/Morning Consult poll.

Here are the top five hopefuls favored by Democrats:

Biden – 26 percent
Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt. – 16 percent
Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif. – 9 percent
Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass. – 6 percent
Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke, D-Texas – 6 percent

The survey, conducted Jan. 18-22, polled 1,996 registered voters. The margin of error on results from the full survey is 2 percentage points.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/poll-joe-biden-bernie-sanders-kamala-harris/2019/01/24/id/899658/

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2019, 10:07:41 AM »
Hillary Clinton has not ruled out running for president in 2020, a new report claims.

January 28, 2019

The former US senator and secretary of state has told friends that she is "not closing the doors" on her Oval Office ambitions.

https://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-apos-still-considering-154721924.html

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2019, 10:13:34 AM »
Hillary Clinton has not ruled out running for president in 2020, a new report claims.

January 28, 2019

The former US senator and secretary of state has told friends that she is "not closing the doors" on her Oval Office ambitions.

https://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-apos-still-considering-154721924.html

She better be more worried about the doors of the mausoleum closing on her.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2019, 07:57:38 PM »
Nudes, please.

These'll have to do for now:

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2019, 03:51:24 AM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2019, 08:51:38 AM »
Top Democrats fear Howard Schultz is a Perot or Nader who could help re-elect Trump

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/top-democrats-fear-howard-schultz-is-a-perot-or-nader-who-could-help-re-elect-trump

This guy stepped down when the heat was turned up on his stores. A reverse Perot would be a delight in 2020.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2019, 09:06:40 AM »
Top Democrats fear Howard Schultz is a Perot or Nader who could help re-elect Trump

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/top-democrats-fear-howard-schultz-is-a-perot-or-nader-who-could-help-re-elect-trump

I watched about 5 minutes of this guy yesterday just to get a better feel.

Maybe he's going for the milquetoast, boring, middle of the road "Howard" vote but I am just not seeing it.

Even the most boring, drab, all day insurance seminar seemed like a rock concert compared to listening to this corporate npc drone carry on with that dull monotone voice.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2019, 10:07:09 AM »

This guy stepped down when the heat was turned up on his stores. A reverse Perot would be a delight in 2020.

;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2019, 12:08:47 PM »
This kind of aligns with my thoughts on why the Democratic primary is going to be a complete circus.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42796/democrats-have-serious-radicalism-problem-and-ben-shapiro

But Democrats, honing in on President Trump’s personal unpopolarity, apparently mistake the public rejection of Trump’s personal foibles for public warmth toward full-scale Leftism. There’s simply no evidence of that. That’s why Democrats are panicking over the possibility of a third party candidate like Howard Schultz, former Starbucks CEO, who could siphon off many anti-Trump votes by not running as a complete loony. There’s room for an anti-Trump centrist in this electorate – and that running space has been created by a Democratic Party beholden to its radical base.

That’s why it will be fascinating to see how Vice President Joe Biden fares in Democratic primaries. Should he lose to someone more in line with the base – a Warren or a Sanders or a Harris – Democrats may face the possibility that Trump’s popularity ratings matter less to the general public than Democrats’ extremism. Democrats see Trump’s 2020 re-election race as a golden opportunity to move further to the Left. But they may find out the hard way that when forced to choose between a vulgarian who doesn’t want to take away their health insurance and a media darling who does, the American people aren’t sure to choose the latter.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2019, 01:40:09 PM »
This kind of aligns with my thoughts on why the Democratic primary is going to be a complete circus.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42796/democrats-have-serious-radicalism-problem-and-ben-shapiro

I agree.  Good point. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2019, 01:44:36 PM »
I agree.  Good point. 

The Dems are going to nominate a communist end of dstory 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2019, 01:48:52 PM »

We've reached critical mass when it comes to the free shit army...any moderate left side candidate will be taken out by an extreme left candidate that promises the most new freebies. Bloomberg and Schultz are not radical enough - they might as well run together as independents.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2019, 01:56:52 PM »

It will be interesting to witness what shakes out from the group of Democratic and Independent hopefuls. There is no automatic nomination by the parties for a sitting president. An incumbent president still has to go through their party's nominating procedure and people are free to run against them. [Google]  Will the Republicans nominate someone other than Trump?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2019, 02:14:55 PM »

Do they even have a declared or rumored candidate who isn't a socialist? 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2019, 07:15:02 PM »
What are we up to, 20, 25 libtards "announcing" their intentions to run for president? ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!