Author Topic: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020  (Read 423759 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020
« Reply #975 on: November 18, 2019, 06:49:57 PM »
I don't feel like slapping people I don't like or like what they say. Having said that, Warren is not my candidate of choice. Something about her just rubs me wrong.

Something??  Could it possibly be her repeated lies about being a Native American?  How she profited off her repeated lies? Her lack of authenticity? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #976 on: November 18, 2019, 07:14:07 PM »
Something??  Could it possibly be her repeated lies about being a Native American?  How she profited off her repeated lies? Her lack of authenticity? 

Maybe for you, not for me. I think what I don't like about her is that her speeches seem like lectures and as if she believes she is Superior to the rest of us poor slobs. She's not my mother.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #977 on: November 18, 2019, 07:29:36 PM »
The new way to become a “rising star” in the Democrat Party is to call out the failings of the Oreo Messiah!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #978 on: November 20, 2019, 08:36:27 AM »
Still continues to dominate among black voters.

‘Joe is an uncle to our state’: South Carolina polls show Biden with blowout lead

Joe Biden is blowing away his Democratic rivals in South Carolina, according to three new polls that show he’s the only candidate with outsize support from African-American voters in the first-in-the-South primary.

While the former vice president has lost ground in surveys of overwhelmingly white Iowa and New Hampshire, Biden is pulling in about a third of the overall primary vote in South Carolina. His lead there is powered by a 44 percent backing from black voters, surveys from Quinnipiac University and the University of North Florida released Monday show.

Story Continued Below

Another survey released Monday, from CBS News/YouGov, shows even stronger support from black voters in South Carolina. Biden receives more than half of his support from African-Americans and has 45 percent overall support.

His next-closest opponents in South Carolina are Sen. Elizabeth Warren, at 17 percent, and Sen. Bernie Sanders at 15 percent in the CBS poll.

In the Quinnipiac poll, Biden has 33 percent support and Warren and Sanders are at 13 and 11 percent, respectively. In the UNF survey, Biden registers 36 percent support, with Warren and Sanders tied at 10 percent.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/18/joe-biden-south-carolina-2020-071397

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #979 on: November 21, 2019, 10:17:18 AM »
Deval Patrick would like to be president. Only two people showed up to his event at Morehouse.
By Katie Mettler
November 21, 2019
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/11/21/deval-patrick-would-like-be-president-only-two-people-showed-up-his-event-morehouse/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #980 on: November 21, 2019, 11:32:32 AM »
Poll: Biden and Sanders tied nationally, followed by Warren
BY RACHEL FRAZIN - 11/21/19
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/471528-poll-biden-and-sanders-tied-nationally-followed-by-warren

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #981 on: November 21, 2019, 11:42:29 AM »
Deval Patrick would like to be president. Only two people showed up to his event at Morehouse.
By Katie Mettler
November 21, 2019
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/11/21/deval-patrick-would-like-be-president-only-two-people-showed-up-his-event-morehouse/

That would be humiliating. I'd rethink my decision to run. I've been to neighborhood gatherings (a tea) for local candidates at someone's private residence where the attendance was not what was hoped, but never as few people as that. Who organized the failed event? 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #982 on: November 21, 2019, 01:29:27 PM »
All that excitement for dem candidates and their policies out there. Impressive. Inspiring.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #983 on: November 21, 2019, 02:02:30 PM »
That would be humiliating. I'd rethink my decision to run. I've been to neighborhood gatherings (a tea) for local candidates at someone's private residence where the attendance was not what was hoped, but never as few people as that. Who organized the failed event? 

Popeye's.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #984 on: November 23, 2019, 09:42:23 AM »
Pocahontas lies (again).

Warren told pro-school-choice activist she sent her kids to public school, campaign says otherwise

On Thursday, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., told a school choice activist in Atlanta that she had sent both of her children to public school. On Friday, her campaign told a different story.

In a video that was originally uploaded on social media, Sarah Carpenter of the Powerful Parent Network challenged Warren's opposition to charter schools, at one point saying: "We are going to have the same choice that you had for your kids because I read that your children went to private schools."

"My children went to public schools," Warren told Carpenter.

However, a yearbook obtained by The Washington Free Beacon showed Warren's son Alex attended Kirby Hall School during the 1986-1987 school year. The online publication reported that the school currently charges nearly $15,000 per year for tuition, up from $4,700 in 1995, the earliest year for which records are available.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warren-told-pro-school-choice-activist-she-sent-her-children-to-public-school-her-campaign-confirms-otherwise

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #985 on: November 23, 2019, 10:20:15 AM »
Shaprio showed some math that shows Warren being in deep shit.

Elizabeth Warren’s candidacy is in serious, serious trouble. Bernie just passed her in the national polling average, she’s lost all momentum in IA and NH, she’s dropped from 50% in the betting odds down to 26% in one month, and she’s got nothing left to throw at the wall.

Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #986 on: November 23, 2019, 10:29:33 AM »
The MSM is still behind Biden. I caught a little of an  MSNBC show that had on the author of a Biden biography. According to this guy, Biden is the greatest man who ever lived.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #987 on: November 23, 2019, 12:01:18 PM »
Shaprio showed some math that shows Warren being in deep shit.

Nobody has ever won an election talking about raising taxes. People know that raising one means raising all whether they can explain it or not doesn't matter it comes from the gut.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #988 on: November 23, 2019, 12:15:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1197992624180867072

Biden threatens Lindsey Graham for daring to look into he and his son in an interview.

Rudy laying a pimp hand on Biden.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #989 on: November 23, 2019, 12:23:59 PM »
Pocahontas lies (again).

Warren told pro-school-choice activist she sent her kids to public school, campaign says otherwise

On Thursday, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., told a school choice activist in Atlanta that she had sent both of her children to public school. On Friday, her campaign told a different story.

In a video that was originally uploaded on social media, Sarah Carpenter of the Powerful Parent Network challenged Warren's opposition to charter schools, at one point saying: "We are going to have the same choice that you had for your kids because I read that your children went to private schools."

"My children went to public schools," Warren told Carpenter.

However, a yearbook obtained by The Washington Free Beacon showed Warren's son Alex attended Kirby Hall School during the 1986-1987 school year. The online publication reported that the school currently charges nearly $15,000 per year for tuition, up from $4,700 in 1995, the earliest year for which records are available.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warren-told-pro-school-choice-activist-she-sent-her-children-to-public-school-her-campaign-confirms-otherwise

My kids went to private and public schools. My son attended Catholic school for five primary years then attended a public high school. My daughter was a student at the same Catholic elementary school until she started middle school. If someone asked me if my kids went to public school, I would say yes. If I was asked whether my kids attended private school, I would reply that they did. Both answers are true. Who is to say Elizabeth Warren's kids didn't go to both public and private schools?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #990 on: November 23, 2019, 12:29:17 PM »
Who is to say Elizabeth Warren's kids didn't go to both public and private schools?

Uh....Elizabeth Warren said it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #991 on: November 23, 2019, 12:34:31 PM »
My kids went to private and public schools. My son attended Catholic school for five primary years then attended a public high school. My daughter was a student at the same Catholic elementary school until she started middle school. If someone asked me if my kids went to public school, I would say yes. If I was asked whether my kids attended private school, I would reply that they did. Both answers are true. Who is to say Elizabeth Warren's kids didn't go to both public and private schools?

Context counts.

So, given the context of this conversation, the answer was disingenous.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #992 on: November 23, 2019, 12:41:12 PM »

Uh....Elizabeth Warren said it.

Right. She said, "My kids went to public school." This is correct. Her son also attended a private school for one term.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #993 on: November 23, 2019, 12:46:23 PM »
Context counts.

So, given the context of this conversation, the answer was disingenous.

How so?
diingenrous: not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

What do you think would have a more genuine answer in that context?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #994 on: November 23, 2019, 03:05:54 PM »
How so?
diingenrous: not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

What do you think would have a more genuine answer in that context?

I know what it means, and my statement is  entirely correct by the definition you posted.

I'm genuinely confused how you could ask "how so"?  You're either being intentionally obtuse, or didn't listen to the video.

The women said "I read your children went to private schools"

Warren replied "NO, my children went to public schools"

The "No" part means they didn't go to private school, not that they went to public in addition to private.

The correct/honest answer would have been "My children attended both public and private shcools".

Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #995 on: November 23, 2019, 03:09:57 PM »
How do?  The woman asked if her kids attended private school.  She answered that her kids attended public school.

She should have said her kids attended both public and private school.

Okay, since her kids are grown and where they attended school is history, she could have said they attended both public and private schools. Although, isn't it just her son that went to private school from the 5th grade on? I've not seen where her daughter attended private school. Maybe her son had special needs which public school wasn't meeting.

She is not who I'd like to see get the nomination anyway, so she could of said she home schooled her kids and it wouldn't make any difference to me.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #996 on: November 23, 2019, 03:27:02 PM »
The MSM is still behind Biden. I caught a little of an  MSNBC show that had on the author of a Biden biography. According to this guy, Biden is the greatest man who ever lived.

Joe Biden lashes out at protesters, telling one 'you listen to Bernie too much' and another to 'vote for Trump'

Former Vice President Joe Biden lost his patience with protesters at a campaign event in Greenwood, South Carolina, on Thursday.

One of the protesters, identified by The New York Times as the immigration rights activist Carlos Rojas, confronted Biden about the mass deportations that occurred under the Obama administration.

Biden was asked if he would commit to putting a moratorium on all deportations in his first day as president. The former vice president, who is at the top of national polls among 2020 Democratic hopefuls, replied: "No. I will not stop all deportations. I will prioritize deportations only of people who have committed a felony or a serious crime, No. 1."

As Rojas pressed Biden on immigration, and referenced related statistics from the Obama era, Biden lashed out at him and said: "You should vote for Trump."

Rojas replied: "No, no ... I'm not going to do that."

More than 3 million immigrants who were in the country illegally were deported under the Obama administration, according to Department of Homeland Security data.

Biden has repeatedly faced questions about Obama-era deportations along the campaign trail, including during a presidential debate in September.

At the time, Biden said he thought Obama had done the best he could at handling the issue. The former vice president has fiercely defended former President Barack Obama's record on immigration, particularly against any comparisons to the Trump administration's deportation policies and unabashed desire to deport undocumented immigrants.

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-lashes-out-protesters-vote-for-trump-2019-11

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #997 on: November 23, 2019, 03:31:35 PM »
Okay, since her kids are grown and where they attended school is history, she could have said they attended both public and private schools. Although, isn't it just her son that went to private school from the 5th grade on? I've not seen where her daughter attended private school. Maybe her son had special needs which public school wasn't meeting.

She is not who I'd like to see get the nomination anyway, so she could of said she home schooled her kids and it wouldn't make any difference to me.

Not sure on the daughter but it only takes one to make the "no" comment incorrect and a lie.  You can hear it in her voice.

I doubt she'll get the nomination.  I feel Warren and Sanders have zero chance.  Caveated a small bit if someone every young voter goes to polls for Sanders.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #998 on: November 23, 2019, 03:33:46 PM »

Joe Biden lashes out at protesters, telling one 'you listen to Bernie too much' and another to 'vote for Trump'

Former Vice President Joe Biden lost his patience with protesters at a campaign event in Greenwood, South Carolina, on Thursday.

One of the protesters, identified by The New York Times as the immigration rights activist Carlos Rojas, confronted Biden about the mass deportations that occurred under the Obama administration.

Biden was asked if he would commit to putting a moratorium on all deportations in his first day as president. The former vice president, who is at the top of national polls among 2020 Democratic hopefuls, replied: "No. I will not stop all deportations. I will prioritize deportations only of people who have committed a felony or a serious crime, No. 1."

As Rojas pressed Biden on immigration, and referenced related statistics from the Obama era, Biden lashed out at him and said: "You should vote for Trump."

Rojas replied: "No, no ... I'm not going to do that."

More than 3 million immigrants who were in the country illegally were deported under the Obama administration, according to Department of Homeland Security data.

Biden has repeatedly faced questions about Obama-era deportations along the campaign trail, including during a presidential debate in September.

At the time, Biden said he thought Obama had done the best he could at handling the issue. The former vice president has fiercely defended former President Barack Obama's record on immigration, particularly against any comparisons to the Trump administration's deportation policies and unabashed desire to deport undocumented immigrants.

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-lashes-out-protesters-vote-for-trump-2019-11

If Biden would simply say "we only deported those who entered that country illegally.  We were upholding the law.  If elected, I will push for reform".

Simple, no?  I think a comment like that would help with independents too.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #999 on: November 23, 2019, 03:41:35 PM »
Not sure on the daughter but it only takes one to make the "no" comment incorrect and a lie.  You can hear it in her voice.

I doubt she'll get the nomination.  I feel Warren and Sanders have zero chance.  Caveated a small bit if someone every young voter goes to polls for Sanders.

Well, I don't have a fix on a clear front runner yet. Whoever ends up being Trump's challenger will get my vote. I've said this before, but i hope it is not another old fart. In my opinion, the supposed top three, Biden, Warren and Sanders are too old. Buttigieg is right behind them in the polls. I like that he's a fresh face with a younger outlook. I doubt people are ready for a man and his husband to move into the White House, however.