Author Topic: Kendall vs. Herman Wow!!  (Read 6002 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Kendall vs. Herman Wow!!
« on: June 25, 2006, 12:25:16 AM »
Was it me, or was that like the best MMA fight ever.

Back and forth. Both guys with near subs. Both guys exhausted but reaching down deep for something extra. Fanfreakintastic.

If you weren't on the edge of your seat between the 2nd and 3rd rounds, you're not a fan of the sport.

What was really great about it for a grappling freak like me, was that it showed that submission ground fighting can be just as exciting and dramatic as stand up, if not moreso.

Put that fight in the time capsule.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
Re: Kendall vs. Herman Wow!!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 12:48:21 AM »
for sure i thought Kendall had the hooks in and was going to choke him out for sure...What a great fight...That Herman guy was one cocky bastard on the TV show but he was gracious in losing and I was glad they gave him the contract also....He fought better tonight then he did during the show...

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 12:49:51 AM »
Are you kidding !!! Every fight was f-n outstanding. Came down to great matchups. Who would have thought it, with the crappy fights on the show every thursday. I get every payper view and this was better than the last 4 ufc ppv. Awesome fights. ( Real fights )

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 12:54:19 AM »
Are you kidding !!! Every fight was f-n outstanding. Came down to great matchups. Who would have thought it, with the crappy fights on the show every thursday. I get every payper view and this was better than the last 4 ufc ppv. Awesome fights. ( Real fights )

yup for sure...

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 09:10:03 AM »
fight was INSANE.  My heart was thumping the whole time.  I was rooting for Kendall and was glad to see him get the decision.  Best fight I've seen in a looong time.
w

bigally

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 09:57:29 AM »

dead on............the last several ppv couldn't hold a candle

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 10:25:32 AM »
fight was INSANE.  My heart was thumping the whole time.  I was rooting for Kendall and was glad to see him get the decision.  Best fight I've seen in a looong time.

It was an awesome fight for sure.  Kendall conditioning was out of this world and his ground game made huge improvements.  Herman lacks heart, if he worked as hard as Kendall he would of kicked Kendall's ass. 

Kendall will improve if he keeps working with great coaches.  Herman will be back in the trailer park with his mommy and step dad after their Vegas Wedding because the kid has no work ethic.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 10:43:51 AM »
That was a real war!  Def. PPV quality; other matches were good as well.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 11:56:58 AM »
ed got screwed

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 12:19:10 PM »
ed got screwed

E

How ??? he got beat and was still given an contract!  You can't end a close fight in a RNCH and be given the decision...
w

bigally

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 05:09:36 PM »
Just saw the fight for the second time.  It was a lot closer than I thought.  With Ed gassing & Kendall near choking out at the end, Kendall took the fight but not by much.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 05:26:33 PM »
anyone notice Eds parents? Looked like they were a Joe Dirt parody. wtf!
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 05:37:19 PM »
How ??? he got beat and was still given an contract!  You can't end a close fight in a RNCH and be given the decision...

ed dominated the first round

I give him the second round too

kendall had him in the weak choke for the last 30 seconds of the fight, ed was on top of him for the other 4 minutes or so

E
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 05:40:13 PM »
ed dominated the first round

I give him the second round too

kendall had him in the weak choke for the last 30 seconds of the fight, ed was on top of him for the other 4 minutes or so

E

Ed only went for the quick takedowns, while Kendall tried various sub attempts. Really, really close. But judges are human and they probably saw what a dick Ed was on tv, could have swayed their opinion a little.
E

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2006, 05:42:18 PM »
ed got screwed

E

I thought it was really close, but it's hard not to give the last round to Grove w/ that RNC almost locked.  Either way, it was a tremendous fight that went back and forth the whole time.

Having said that, they're both going to have to step up to be a force in the MW div.  Franklin would rape them...

at the same time.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 05:48:49 PM »
I thought it was really close, but it's hard not to give the last round to Grove w/ that RNC almost locked.  Either way, it was a tremendous fight that went back and forth the whole time.

Having said that, they're both going to have to step up to be a force in the MW div. 
Franklin would rape them...

at the same time.

Franklin would make them look like Mike Stine
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 06:04:19 PM »
Ed only went for the quick takedowns, while Kendall tried various sub attempts. Really, really close. But judges are human and they probably saw what a dick Ed was on tv, could have swayed their opinion a little.

kendall was a dick too he just didn't claim to be the best in the house

E
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 06:08:05 PM »
kendall was a dick too he just didn't claim to be the best in the house

E

true. The shit where he fucked with Rory was juvenile and "Team Dagger?" I like the way he respected his coach, though.
E

TheBigAristotle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 08:18:11 PM »
Either way I would have been ok with the decision. It's just a shame to see 2 guys give everything they had and have it be decided by the judges. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys go at it again in the future and I think with a little better cardio Ed will just ground and pound Kendall to death.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 08:42:07 PM »
Either way I would have been ok with the decision. It's just a shame to see 2 guys give everything they had and have it be decided by the judges. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys go at it again in the future and I think with a little better cardio Ed will just ground and pound Kendall to death.

Ed's ground and pound game tends to leave him open for triangles. Had Kendall been a bit more advanced in BJJ, that fight would've been over.

There were a couple of little things Kendall could've done to cinch in on better.

1. Shifting his hips to the wrapping leg side, and then moving his hips back to bring Ed's head down.

2. Pumping the the locking leg can also help tighten the hold.

3. Hooking Ed's leg on the wrapping side. Ed was able to pick Kendall up and slam him. That shouldn't  happen.

With Kendall's legs, he is a natural for the triangle. If he works with a super technical BJJ black belt and really perfects the move. He'll be hard to stop.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 04:48:17 AM »
Ed's ground and pound game tends to leave him open for triangles. Had Kendall been a bit more advanced in BJJ, that fight would've been over.

There were a couple of little things Kendall could've done to cinch in on better.

1. Shifting his hips to the wrapping leg side, and then moving his hips back to bring Ed's head down.

2. Pumping the the locking leg can also help tighten the hold.

3. Hooking Ed's leg on the wrapping side. Ed was able to pick Kendall up and slam him. That shouldn't  happen.

With Kendall's legs, he is a natural for the triangle. If he works with a super technical BJJ black belt and really perfects the move. He'll be hard to stop.

Are you knocking Dean?
E

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 05:39:10 AM »
i was impressed witht he fights.  I didn't care for either of the two during the show.  They both had huge attitudes and the fights weren't great.  I was surprised to see them last night fighting so well. 

Capt._America

• Getbig II
  • Would rather be feared than respected
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 06:34:25 AM »
WOW!  Guess I watched another fight, thought it sucked, all Herman did was take Kendall down and lay on him, or throw some weak ass elbows, the only reason he got a contract is because he trains with Team Quest, and that was it, no where near the level of Bonnar/Griffin, that was a real fight, what they did was a high school wrestling match,how the hell do you get multiple submission holds and each guy got out, don't know, it was just me, but hey what do I know,

By the way,

TITO WILL BEAT SHAMCOCK BACK TO REALITY

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 06:50:41 AM »
reality?

no...

but he'll beat his ass back into retirement!

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 06:54:36 AM »
he should never have left.