Author Topic: Random Bodybuilding Pics  (Read 5330808 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Random Bodybuilding Pics
« Reply #21950 on: August 25, 2020, 12:13:21 PM »
It all started in Venice Beach in 1965.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21951 on: August 25, 2020, 06:28:21 PM »

Martin Fritz 24 years old
Wow that is good genetics.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21952 on: August 25, 2020, 07:23:07 PM »
Manuel Romero giant sets for legs with Milos Sarcev

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21953 on: August 25, 2020, 09:58:19 PM »
Mike Thurston: Chest & Shoulders Workout With My Brother

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #21954 on: August 25, 2020, 10:14:59 PM »
Manuel Romero giant sets for legs with Milos Sarcev

That is way more of an intense leg routine than the one Dorion has on his video, "Blood and Guts".

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #21955 on: August 25, 2020, 11:08:25 PM »

Martin Fritz 24 years old

Holy hangdanger!

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #21956 on: August 26, 2020, 10:46:37 AM »
That is way more of an intense leg routine than the one Dorion has on his video, "Blood and Guts".

Yeah, I never bought into Dorians training being shit hot. Ronnie buried everyone in intensity. And, like Mentzer, he did way more sets then he said he did.

J

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21957 on: August 26, 2020, 11:56:21 AM »
Holy hangdanger!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how shopped that picture is.

https://www.instagram.com/martfitzh20_bodybuilding/

BUILDING THE BACK ft. MARTIN FITZWATER

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #21958 on: August 26, 2020, 05:52:37 PM »

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #21959 on: August 27, 2020, 12:21:52 AM »
Yeah, I never bought into Dorians training being shit hot. Ronnie buried everyone in intensity. And, like Mentzer, he did way more sets then he said he did.

J

Escrima told me that nobody trained harder than Dorian. I personally witnessed that this was not the case. Well, at least it wasn't the case when I witnessed Casey Viator do his work set on the Nautilus pullover versus Dorian's set on the the exact same machine (The 70's chain version). Now, Dorian is my top three favorite bber of all time, and I consider the best that has ever competed. Better than Ronnie. So I hesitate to criticize the greatest of all time, especially when it comes to his back which was also the greatest of all time.

First, Dorian does not do the movement as intended. He hunches forward instead of lifting his chest up which will allow him to draw his elbows as far back as possible enabling a full contraction. He does five concentric reps and three forced reps. In comparison, Casey, did 7 positive reps very strictly stretching back so far that I thought he dislocated his shoulders on the first rep. And with his chest up he drove his elbows well past his hips. This was follow by 3 very intense forced reps, much like Dorian's forced reps, and then this was taken further by doing another three very slow negatives, he attempted a fourth but could control the descent before the spotter caught him so I didnt count it. 

Casey couldn't match Dorian's grunting and groaning but I do believe he took the set further than Dorian did measured objectively.

Dorian trained brutally hard, and more importantly, consistently hard but I think he's a little dillusonal when he said that no one trained as hard as he did because it simply was not possible for a human being to train harder than he did.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21960 on: August 27, 2020, 01:01:30 AM »

that was far harder than getting under stupid weights and risking injuries.
a 600lb squatter would be destroyed doing that routine.

Thats how bodybuilders should be training

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21961 on: August 27, 2020, 01:25:50 AM »
Escrima told me that nobody trained harder than Dorian. I personally witnessed that this was not the case. Well, at least it wasn't the case when I witnessed Casey Viator do his work set on the Nautilus pullover versus Dorian's set on the the exact same machine (The 70's chain version). Now, Dorian is my top three favorite bber of all time, and I consider the best that has ever competed. Better than Ronnie. So I hesitate to criticize the greatest of all time, especially when it comes to his back which was also the greatest of all time.

First, Dorian does not do the movement as intended. He hunches forward instead of lifting his chest up which will allow him to draw his elbows as far back as possible enabling a full contraction. He does five concentric reps and three forced reps. In comparison, Casey, did 7 positive reps very strictly stretching back so far that I thought he dislocated his shoulders on the first rep. And with his chest up he drove his elbows well past his hips. This was follow by 3 very intense forced reps, much like Dorian's forced reps, and then this was taken further by doing another three very slow negatives, he attempted a fourth but could control the descent before the spotter caught him so I didnt count it. 

Casey couldn't match Dorian's grunting and groaning but I do believe he took the set further than Dorian did measured objectively.

Dorian trained brutally hard, and more importantly, consistently hard but I think he's a little dillusonal when he said that no one trained as hard as he did because it simply was not possible for a human being to train harder than he did.

I think you are
Dorian if you read this site
forgive him, he does not know what he is doing
he is a fool

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21962 on: August 27, 2020, 03:20:38 AM »
Shawn Ray @ his best 1994

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21963 on: August 27, 2020, 03:23:54 AM »

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21964 on: August 27, 2020, 05:28:27 AM »

while i do not want to put a man down
This shows your level of intelligence
you are a broken old man who never knew how to train

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #21965 on: August 27, 2020, 04:17:00 PM »
I think you are
Dorian if you read this site
forgive him, he does not know what he is doing
he is a fool

Coming from a guy who looks like he's never touched a weight in his life.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #21966 on: August 27, 2020, 04:31:55 PM »
while i do not want to put a man down
This shows your level of intelligence
you are a broken old man who never knew how to train

And if you read the screen shot you will see that is the day before my knee replacement surgery where I've been limping around for months.

Again, I've posted many pics where there is no doubt I have "trained". You on the other hand have posted nothing. Just talk. A coward hiding behind a computer going through my post history looking for dirt.

Your turn.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #21967 on: August 27, 2020, 04:58:19 PM »
 :)

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21968 on: August 27, 2020, 05:40:47 PM »
In 1993 @ the Mr Olympia Dorian Yates took bodybuilding into a new era of extreme size with conditioning, 10 years later Coleman took that size too over 280lbs @ the 2003 Mr Olympia and literally blew everyone away

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21969 on: August 27, 2020, 05:46:01 PM »

Casey wasn't as strong as the hype claims. I really think he couldn't bench 350lbs. Those pictures of him holding 405lbs is  a scam. Holding a weight for a picture isn't proof. No way could he hang with Dorian for a week's workout.

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
  • youtube.com/channel/UCM3b-ovhSj2GjARYWYWwODQ
« Reply #21970 on: August 27, 2020, 08:02:52 PM »
77 mm ;D

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21971 on: August 27, 2020, 09:48:41 PM »
Nick Walker Documentary Clips

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #21972 on: August 27, 2020, 11:26:18 PM »
:)

Maybe it's my old school nostalgia but I believe if anyone in this pic competed today they would win the Mr. Olympia

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #21973 on: August 27, 2020, 11:31:49 PM »
In 1993 @ the Mr Olympia Dorian Yates took bodybuilding into a new era of extreme size with conditioning, 10 years later Coleman took that size too over 280lbs @ the 2003 Mr Olympia and literally blew everyone away

Interesting and accurate observation.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #21974 on: August 27, 2020, 11:41:11 PM »
Casey wasn't as strong as the hype claims. I really think he couldn't bench 350lbs. Those pictures of him holding 405lbs is  a scam. Holding a weight for a picture isn't proof. No way could he hang with Dorian for a week's workout.

No, I am not talking about strength. Of course Dorian was much bigger and stronger than Casey ever was. I am saying in this particular case, Casey trained harder than Dorian. He took the set much further.

I don't know what makes you think Casey couldn't hang with Dorian. If Dorian's partner could why not Casey? Certainly Sergio Olivia couldn't "hang" with Casey went he first went to Florida. Elington Darden describe how Sergio couldn't complete the quad routine in the manner that Casey did and just collapse to the floor and didn't move for several minutes.  I would also imagine that Sergio, not only being much bigger, but was stronger than Casey.