Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 728736 times)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: Bitcoins about to hit $5000 per coin today.
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2017, 01:56:29 PM »
I have a personal aversion to buying at all time highs because I pessimistically think that I would be buying the top, and the prices will collapse as soon as I press the BUY button. But that is just my negative thinking. It's up to the individual at the end of the day.

I definitely have the same feeling.Just contemplating 1 only because of the hype most likely won't buy one though.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2017, 02:33:04 PM »
I definitely have the same feeling.Just contemplating 1 only because of the hype most likely won't buy one though.

Rob, would you invest in Caliber Fitness?
X

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2017, 02:33:39 PM »
Rob, would you invest in Caliber Fitness?

100%,just wish I would get asked.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2017, 03:13:11 PM »
But presumably he made a load of $$ even with the tax bill settled..?

My point is the IRS found out about the transaction and sent him a "pay us our money or else" letter.  

Anyone who wants to buy a bunch of digital cyberspace electrons for $5000 a piece because you think it's going to $1 mil USD... please, be my guest.  

Stocks, bonds, and cryptos are in a huge bubble.  Real estate too.  However, they can (and probably will) go even higher.  The madness and delusions of crowds are quite an interesting thing to observe.  Things are bit different today... it's mostly computers running the stock market.  That might make the collapse even worse.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2017, 04:28:21 PM »
My point is the IRS found out about the transaction and sent him a "pay us our money or else" letter. 

Anyone who wants to buy a bunch of digital cyberspace electrons for $5000 a piece because you think it's going to $1 mil USD... please, be my guest. 

Stocks, bonds, and cryptos are in a huge bubble.  Real estate too.  However, they can (and probably will) go even higher.  The madness and delusions of crowds are quite an interesting thing to observe.  Things are bit different today... it's mostly computers running the stock market.  That might make the collapse even worse.

Lol at bitcoin going to millions.  The total value of all bitcoins right now is $75 billion.  Anyone who thinks it will be worth more than the entire worlds currencies is nuts.

Also the gov has fuck all to do with this.  The gov has nothing to do with money.  Learn about the Federal Reserve then you'll realize how fucking evil money is.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2017, 05:10:27 PM »
Lol at bitcoin going to millions.  The total value of all bitcoins right now is $75 billion.  Anyone who thinks it will be worth more than the entire worlds currencies is nuts.

Also the gov has fuck all to do with this.  The gov has nothing to do with money.  Learn about the Federal Reserve then you'll realize how fucking evil money is.

I know all about the Fed reserve.  The US dollar will be dead in a few years... totally worthless.

Ben Bernanke recently gave a speech about benefits of bitcoin and cryptos/tokens.  What government/central bank would let some outside fiat currency instrument compete with their own fiat currency?  Answer... they wouldn't, unless they created it.  

About 10 years ago the feds arrested and threw someone in jail for making a Ron Paul coin that had a $1 dollar value on it.  

Goldman Sachs is now promoting and investing it in.  There are crypto/token ETF's coming.  

If the government is not behind it, they are certainly allowing and/or adopting it.  

The main goal is to take away the anonymity of physical cash so they can trace, track and tax everything.  

The end game is complete control.  

Say/do something subversive or negative about the government or a politician, they'll simply turn off your account access with a flick of a switch.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2017, 05:16:14 PM »
Seriously. The had a huge drop.  What's running them up?

North Korea buying. And china buying big time.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2017, 05:32:29 PM »
As with all investments...

People with real money start buying frantically

They drive the price up...then recommend poor people invest to get rich like them

They monitor the price until they've made enough money then start dumping it...leaving the poor to take the losses

You didn't learn from losing all that money on the sure fire get rich dot coms a few years back?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2017, 06:19:02 PM »
The fact bitcoin is in the news now means you missed your chance.  Like any stock, you never heard about it during the run up, then when it reaches a high the news covers it, all of the sheep jump in while the wolves sell and it crashes and the cycle continues.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2017, 06:38:41 PM »
Mr. Anabolic.

I fully enjoy all of your financial posts.   Generally spot on, in my opinion.   Actually looking at fucking around with some silver.

But back to topic:  I think, eventually, a universal cybercurrency is inevitable.

Do you agree, and is this it?
Y

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2017, 07:05:59 PM »
It dropped 20% today.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2017, 07:18:15 PM »
That is not the coin just the trust.  BUt that bitcoin trust is up over 600% this yr which is more than the actual coin.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2017, 08:17:39 PM »
What is the safest and easiest way to buy bitcoins?

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2017, 08:22:46 PM »
Lol at bitcoin going to millions.  The total value of all bitcoins right now is $75 billion.  Anyone who thinks it will be worth more than the entire worlds currencies is nuts.

Also the gov has fuck all to do with this.  The gov has nothing to do with money.  Learn about the Federal Reserve then you'll realize how fucking evil money is.

You have no concept of what blockchain is. This is not a stock market.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2017, 08:30:11 PM »
Lol at bitcoin going to millions.  The total value of all bitcoins right now is $75 billion.  Anyone who thinks it will be worth more than the entire worlds currencies is nuts.

Also the gov has fuck all to do with this.  The gov has nothing to do with money.  Learn about the Federal Reserve then you'll realize how fucking evil money is.

The value of all the worlds currencies would be in the tens of trillions. Bitcoin is 75 billion which is smaller than many companies.

According to this website http://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-how-much-money-exists-in-the-entire-world-in-one-chart-2015-12-18 the value of all the currency in the world is 80 trillion. If bitcoin had a market cap of 80 trillion a bitcoin would be worth 5 million.

The average trading volume in the forex market is 5 trillion dollars per day. Bitcoin peaked at just 300 million according to https://blockchain.info/charts/trade-volume?daysAverageString=7&timespan=1year.

The currency markets absolutely dwarfs the bitcoin market in trading volume and market cap.

Golds market cap is 8 trillion dollars, this is 100 times larger than bitcoin. Gold makes up just 0.5% of global assets, so bitcoin makes up 0.005% of global assets, how can this be a bubble, hardly anyone owns bitcoin in the world (yet).

It is entirely possible that bitcoin gets to at least 1 trillion dollars market cap  in the future (Apple computer company alone is nearly 1 trillion dollars already) which would put the price of a bitcoin at $60,000. It could overshoot to well over $100,000 during the mania bubble phase.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2017, 08:40:28 PM »
You can buy the bitcoins trust on the stock market. It is up 600% this year and pulled back 20% today.

muscleman-2017

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2017, 02:30:49 AM »
It's gonna go MUCH HIGHER.

Mark my words you ignorant naysayers.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2017, 04:13:52 AM »
Mr. Anabolic.

I fully enjoy all of your financial posts.   Generally spot on, in my opinion.   Actually looking at fucking around with some silver.

But back to topic:  I think, eventually, a universal cybercurrency is inevitable.

Do you agree, and is this it?

Yes, it is inevitable.  The US dollar is almost kaput.  Bitcoin is simply a beta test for what the government has already planned.  

Again, the abolishment of physical cash is not something anyone here should wish for... this will make anonymity a thing of the past.  The government will now be able to track everything you do and tax you at will.  Forget about getting paid "under the table"... that won't exist anymore.  

Is bitcoin going to be THE cyber-currency?  Possibly.  IMO, the feds will come up with some 'official' US crypto coin instead.  They also would have to implement control systems in order to keep the price stable.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2017, 07:17:35 AM »
It's gonna go MUCH HIGHER.

Mark my words you ignorant naysayers.

Could easily get to 10k per coin by year end. We are far from the point where he average man in the street is buying. It's still really geeks and bankers (and a few getbiggers). But just imagine when this goes mainstream.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2017, 09:08:49 AM »
Define safe? Non-trackable or trying not to get scammed?
A

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2017, 09:34:33 AM »
Can you still mine bitcoins or has that time come and gone??

muscleman-2017

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2017, 11:09:58 AM »

Not profitable to mine them any more for average person (electricity costs outweigh benefits).

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2017, 03:49:30 PM »
thoughts on ripple XRP?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2017, 05:47:22 PM »
you can, ether or litecoin would be better.
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2017, 08:20:59 AM »
Could easily get to 10k per coin by year end. We are far from the point where he average man in the street is buying. It's still really geeks and bankers (and a few getbiggers). But just imagine when this goes mainstream.

The average man would have bought at $400, the average man doesn't have $5K to drop on 1 bitcoin