Author Topic: John Brzenk - GOAT of Armwrestling.  (Read 1987 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
John Brzenk - GOAT of Armwrestling.
« on: February 16, 2022, 08:29:01 PM »
I only heard of John about a month ago when I saw a video about Real Life Popeye Jeff Dabe on the Matt Rhodes Sports YouTube channel.  Does anyone know anything about this guy?  Seems like a true freak of nature to me.  Does anyone here arm-wrestle?  I always felt that having strong arms mattered [naturally], but that leverage [length of arm bones] made a difference too.

John is 57, which makes this all the more impressive:

Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
Re: John Brzenk - GOAT of Armwrestling.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 08:48:44 PM »
This is the video that I learned about John in...check out this genetic freak too - Jeff Dabe:

Bodybuilding Pro.com

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 09:55:02 PM »
Devon Larratt put a video up maybe a couple years ago it was right after he had just gotten beat by Cyplenkov.  He was back home in Canada and just walking through the snow talking to the camera.  He said that he has never in his life felt power like Cyplenkov and he said something to the effect of “I don’t know as if I would ever be able to beat Denis”.  Unfortunately Cyplenkov seems to have had some health issues and I’m not sure if he’s ever returned to arm wrestling.  Brzenk is truly The Godfather of arm wrestling though, would have been great to see him in his prime against Cyplenkov.  He was more of a 90’s early 2000’s guy, no?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 10:28:35 PM »
Devon Larratt put a video up maybe a couple years ago it was right after he had just gotten beat by Cyplenkov.  He was back home in Canada and just walking through the snow talking to the camera.  He said that he has never in his life felt power like Cyplenkov and he said something to the effect of “I don’t know as if I would ever be able to beat Denis”.  Unfortunately Cyplenkov seems to have had some health issues and I’m not sure if he’s ever returned to arm wrestling.  Brzenk is truly The Godfather of arm wrestling though, would have been great to see him in his prime against Cyplenkov.  He was more of a 90’s early 2000’s guy, no?

Funny you mentioned Denis Cyplenkov, Tennisballz...I recalled the video below with Andy Haman [RIP].

Did Andy Haman actually think he stood a chance against Denis is armwrestling?  ???

Yeah...about as much chance as Denis would have against Andy in wrestling. Anyone who trained in a sport to a high level should know that...

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 12:39:32 AM »
look for the movie about brzenk, called 'pulling john' a fun watch

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 01:44:39 AM »
Yes, it is. I met him and his brother over 20 years ago and they seemed like really nice guys.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 03:43:45 AM »

I haven't heard of that.  The movie below, I have heard about but have not watched.  Have you watched this one?:
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 04:22:12 AM »
Good movie although ridiculous watching scrawny Stallone crushing 300 pound armwrestlers. "Meet me halfway......across the sky...."

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2022, 04:47:05 AM »
Cyko will never arm wrestle again his heavy drug use caught up to him and had a stroke

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2022, 04:54:01 AM »
Cyko will never arm wrestle again his heavy drug use caught up to him and had a stroke
Doesn't a stroke only paralyze one side of the body? ;D

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 05:00:23 AM »
I haven't heard of that.  The movie below, I have heard about but have not watched.  Have you watched this one?:

was the guy on the cover the same one who was living in his van behind golds Venice in bigger faster stronger

I stopped taking bb'ing seriously as an adult male in his 30s after I saw that - fck deadlifting more than anyone , Id rather have a bath tub when Im 50 than have to whip my ass with last weeks newspaper

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2022, 08:07:18 AM »

saw that when i was younger of course, gay movie
the brzenk one is a documentary
not a stallone fairy-tale

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2022, 09:30:09 AM »
All of you muscle worshipping maricons have obviously never seen Schoolboy.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2022, 11:33:01 AM »
Yes Brzenk is the greatest armwrestler ever lived.

At any time in the last... what... 40 years, he has been anything from top 1 to top 3, in the world. Can any person in any other sport say the same?

watching him destroy chemical experiment Cyplenkov twice in his prime was fucking funny to witness

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2022, 11:35:13 AM »
All of you muscle worshipping maricons have obviously never seen Schoolboy.

That kid must have steel cables for tendons.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2022, 11:36:44 AM »
That kid must have steel cables for tendons.
Larry is still a pretty terrible armwrestler.

He still after what 2 years, hasn't even learned how to apply side pressure.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2022, 11:45:00 AM »

GOAT not just for arm wrestling but for almost any sport if you consider his career span (almost 40 years) and the caliber of his opponents. Also, no shitty "kings move".

He did go against Denis Cyplenkov several times:

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2022, 12:21:04 PM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2022, 12:25:24 PM »
We had three World Champion arm wrestlers back ay my old gym years ago.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2022, 12:53:40 PM »
GOAT not just for arm wrestling but for almost any sport if you consider his career span (almost 40 years) and the caliber of his opponents. Also, no shitty "kings move".

He did go against Denis Cyplenkov several times:

I didn’t know they actually ever competed against each other.  Thanks for posting that.  I hate that kings move garbage. 

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2022, 05:07:31 PM »
John is definitely the greatest of all time.
But Levan is the strongest armwrestler to ever live as well as being one of the strongest human beings on the planet.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2022, 05:11:48 PM »

Epic.

The fact that the Canadian government and the CBC is calling the protest a fringe minority, while a former member of the special forces participates really says something...

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2022, 12:52:11 AM »

I had no idea what that was...so I just searched for it online...Brzenk doesn't do that move?

Wouldn't any champion have to use all the tools necessary? Or is this a move that you can avoid with enough experience?

Also, what is happening when the match ends almost immediately? Do their hands slip...or are they throwing the match on purpose?

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2022, 01:07:00 AM »
many give todd crap for using the kings move, but its allowed in the rules
the same people think its ok when larrat climbs the table and wraps his legs around the table-legs for support
so they all use any tools they can to win

its more the fan-boy type who feel like they are out there 'doing battle" rather than their favorite hero. (the ones complaining)

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2022, 01:07:19 AM »
was the guy on the cover the same one who was living in his van behind golds Venice in bigger faster stronger

I stopped taking bb'ing seriously as an adult male in his 30s after I saw that - fck deadlifting more than anyone , Id rather have a bath tub when Im 50 than have to whip my ass with last weeks newspaper

think that was another guy from the movie. The more permabulker BB type that stallone also ''beat''