Author Topic: John Brzenk - GOAT of Armwrestling.  (Read 1965 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: John Brzenk - GOAT of Armwrestling.
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2022, 01:51:32 AM »
many give todd crap for using the kings move, but its allowed in the rules
the same people think its ok when larrat climbs the table and wraps his legs around the table-legs for support
so they all use any tools they can to win

its more the fan-boy type who feel like they are out there 'doing battle" rather than their favorite hero. (the ones complaining)
I would bang Larrat's wife. She is an armwrestler too and is very intense. Probably great in bed.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2022, 01:54:22 AM »
That was Bruce Wey.  I broke his arm in the Nationals in 1983.  He came back from the hospital in time to see me win and have m sign his cast.  He was known as a wild man.  He usually ate lit cigars on stage while you gripped hands.  His face was covered with hair.  He once ate a live parakeet.  He did drink oil once but ended up going to the hospital to gethis stomach pumped.

In the movie Alka Seltzer was a big sponsor.  I think for $500,000 product placement.  They were trying to figure out how to get a scene in the movie in order to have the product fit in.  So they found Bruce.  In the movie it was actually honey.

Just about every guy that eneded up in the final cut were pros or ex pros.  Ric who ended up taking the art I had originally after Big John Studd quit I don't think ever won a major pro event.  He had a  great look about him.

Short story about me and Bruce and the film.  They actually shot the final scene (competition) during the actual IAC World Championships.  As the picture below shows.  We me and Bruce had to go up againzt each other.  So now all the cameras came over to our table to film us.  As we lock up I feel someting on my shoulders and its Stallone hanging on my right shoulder lokking over to see our match.  The cameras were on Bruce and my camera right.  Well I got a little pissed and let go of the grip and turned around and looked at Sly and said excuse me.  He said sorry and back away.  We lock up again and they say go and about 2 seconds into the match I feel Sly touched my shoulder durng an actual match.  I eneded up beating Bruce on about 20 second or so can't remember.  But, I turned around and looked down at Sly and said f**k you and pushed him down.  He fell on his ass and about 10 guys come running up on stage to pick him up.  I leave the stage to sit with my friends and they all high fived me.  Nothing happened and he left the stage. 

The production made the competition last 19 hours.  They wouldn't people leave the audience who worked as extras.  They actually locked the doors.  they fed everyone and most people got pics.  I remember sitting with two girls and they were talking to me and taking pics and one of them asked me where Sly was.  He came walking in with 10 or so bodyguards and I pointed at him and said there he is.  They both look at him and at the same time said "Man is he skinny".  He weighed about 175 for the movie.  They put sandbags on the scale to increase his weight to 190 or so.

[1] Is Keith boasting about physically assaulting Sylvester Stallone there?  ???

[2] The story about those girls is suspect to me. Would women really say that? I could picture them saying "[Sylvester Stallone] looks smaller than I expected him to be" [given that Sly was only around 5'7" in real life], but I just don't think they'd call him skinny in the fashion that Keith described.

[3] Did Keith [RIP] have the most serious case of Uncle Rico Syndrome of any human being in history, as the post above shows? Just recounting his glory days over and over again. One or the funniest threads I ever read on here was one that had the title "I just got bitten by a spider". I opened it knowing I was in for a laugh, and it read "Will I become a fat disgusting piece of shit", and had a photo of Keith/onlyme in it.  ;D NOW HANG ON...I'm ordinarily not one to bash someone for their obesity, but I laughed because I knew the thread was going to be about Keith before I opened it.

RIP Keith Jones AKA onlyme.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2022, 02:13:23 AM »
Keith's old youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiifit/videos.

This Groodrum thing I never saw posted -

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2022, 03:59:59 AM »
I remember sitting with two girls and they were talking to me and taking pics and one of them asked me where Sly was.  He came walking in with 10 or so bodyguards and I pointed at him and said there he is.  They both look at him and at the same time said "Man is he skinny".  He weighed about 175 for the movie.  They put sandbags on the scale to increase his weight to 190 or so.

Cool story, given that sandbags weigh around 35- to 40-lb.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2022, 07:12:37 AM »

king's move is fine IF done within the rules. Got a bad reputation because WAL referees did a lousy job with Michael Todd specifically (notice picture above). Elbow out of the pad and shoulder under the table line. Made him won matches.

When Todd competes outside WAL with different referees he loses any kind of advantage:

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2022, 07:19:40 AM »

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2022, 05:40:35 PM »
I had no idea what that was...so I just searched for it online...Brzenk doesn't do that move?

Wouldn't any champion have to use all the tools necessary? Or is this a move that you can avoid with enough experience?

Also, what is happening when the match ends almost immediately? Do their hands slip...or are they throwing the match on purpose?

Without the quasi illegal kings move, Devon would not have beaten John in their last match. John is still ridiculously strong

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2022, 05:43:13 PM »
many give todd crap for using the kings move, but its allowed in the rules
the same people think its ok when larrat climbs the table and wraps his legs around the table-legs for support
so they all use any tools they can to win

its more the fan-boy type who feel like they are out there 'doing battle" rather than their favorite hero. (the ones complaining)

Levan will crush both of them kings move or not, as we're gonna see this June when Levan tears Devon's arm out of his socket

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2022, 01:21:03 AM »
Brzenk wins..

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2022, 03:35:39 AM »
[3] Did Keith [RIP] have the most serious case of Uncle Rico Syndrome of any human being in history, as the post above shows? Just recounting his glory days over and over again. One or the funniest threads I ever read on here was one that had the title "I just got bitten by a spider". I opened it knowing I was in for a laugh, and it read "Will I become a fat disgusting piece of shit", and had a photo of Keith/onlyme in it.  ;D NOW HANG ON...I'm ordinarily not one to bash someone for their obesity, but I laughed because I knew the thread was going to be about Keith before I opened it.

RIP Keith Jones AKA onlyme.

100% but when you're as fat as he was what else is there to do