Author Topic: Russia has penetrated Ukraine  (Read 354509 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: Russia has penetrated Ukraine
« Reply #5525 on: July 27, 2023, 03:53:09 AM »
Of course Ukraine has suffered big losses but they fight differently and preserve life more efficiently.

Lots of Ukrainian men in Ireland.

The Ukes in Ireland won't be much help to Ukraine proper.

There are also lots of Ukes in the USA but only a very few have gone over to Ukraine to fight.

Per MacGregor:

Ukraine is out of recruits and press ganging in Western Ukraine to get bodies.

Russia has lost around 50,000 but has 750,000 ready to go with ability to up to well over 1 million if necessary.

Ukraine has fought hard but can't win due to numbers.

Will NATO forces go into battle for Ukraine?  Boots on the ground?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #5526 on: July 27, 2023, 04:08:51 AM »
What I can say honestly is that at age 41, I am in better physical condition than the average Canadian Forces soldier today.

I'm not sure how it is in Sweden...but in Canada, they have been consistently reducing the physical fitness standards and other standards for the sake of "diversity". IMO, such a standard is passable during peacetime, but show its flaws if Russia and China ever ally together to take on NATO.

Then we will all see how well some blue-haired tattooed fat-ass demanding to have their pronouns respected will fare in an ACTUAL war.

But Canada keeps doing it.

The physical fitness standard is now so low that an out of shape 50-year-old can pass it [they used to require 40 push-ups for men in 2000, and 20 for women - now it may not even include push-ups at all, but I'd have to ask one of my active duty friends].

And despite that, Canada STILL can't get sufficient numbers of personnel.  ::)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/caf-new-dress-instructions-1.6510961

Then we will all see how well some blue-haired tattooed fat-ass demanding to have their pronouns respected will fare in an ACTUAL war.

Absolutely spot on Matt

let's see what they do when push comes to shove & the other side don't give a fuck
about who or what they think they are,  Me I can't wait for this to happen.  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #5527 on: July 27, 2023, 04:10:50 AM »
Let the Rainbow Army proceed.

Moscow or bust!

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #5528 on: July 27, 2023, 04:28:20 AM »
IMO somewhere between 350k and 500k Ukrainians are dead, between 80k and 150k Russians.Putin playing the long game he knows NATO and the US will leave at some stage he just needs to hold his position till they do,both sides only take high casualties when trying to take territory. If the poles enter western Ukraine, Belarus will enter the war, even if they don't Wagner might open up another front there, im not buying the waiting for Africa deployment. Wagner would be at least 20% of Russian casualties, maybe higher. I can see them attacking from Belarus in the coming weeks or months. They are there for a reason.

Russian soldiers are sent in human waves with no strategy, no body armour and rusty rifles which has accounted for a much larger death count than for the Ukrainian army. But we are all allowed an opinion.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5529 on: July 27, 2023, 04:53:44 AM »
No such thing as semi-pro in boxing; that's just something losers say. Obviously I don't agree with Donny that you should go and fight, lol, but a more accurate comparison would be if he said, 'why are you asking about boxing? Go get in the ring and fight if you want to know', and you then replied with 'I don't need to do that. I've already hit the bag in the gym on weekends.'

Anyway, I think we've laboured this enough.

I was using the boxing example for you.  Because you did more than "hit the bag".

If someone said you shouldn't ask questions about Tyson Fury's next fight until you fight him, and you came back and said "I was a competitive boxer...I feel I'm in some position to ask questions on boxing" [i.e., you have paid your dues in the field].

Then I come back and say "Pfft...you were a lower tier pro. Stop being a clown."

^ That response would be appropriate if you were bragging.  But back to my statement, the context was "I've served time in the military reserves.  Am I not entitled to ask a question about the death tally of an ongoing war?"

I guess the "paid my dues" comment irked you, lol.  Yeah, well...it was one way to put it.  I mean, I have military training.  Do I NEED to go die in this current conflict, merely to ask questions about it?  Seems absurd to me.

This part I agree with, and it's embarrassing, but there's reasons for that. The first one being, most people outside of the US don't fall for the propaganda these days. It's no longer easy to get people to join up and participate in what the public now largely recognize as illegal wars of aggression.

In recognizing the push-back that came from Iraq and Afghanistan (see, e.g. David Cameron losing a UK parliamentary vote on military action in Syria), the government opted to focus more on funding private contractors and clandestine units because there's not much of a public outcry when these people are killed, and no one hears about it in the first place (you can read this argument in House of Commons papers).

In the UK, and I'm sure elsewhere, some of our units are not subject to any form of external parliamentary oversight. The reason given is to ensure the safety of operators, but in reality it's because it allows us to carry out interventions that are questionable under international law, and to deny the existence of a UK presence. We send small teams of 'advisors' in and they coordinate things and provide targets while the host nation's military carries it out.

Further to that, the nature of warfare has changed. Since around 2015, a huge amount of money has been invested into things like drone technology, Space technology, and small, well-trained units. We don't really need huge numbers of military personnel like we used to. Numbers are still too low, so they also relax standards and let all sorts of mongs join, but those people generally aren't running around the Falklands with 150lbs on their backs. The blue-haired fatsos are all sat in ops rooms with games consoles.

I wasn't aware of the full dynamic you outlined there.  That tells me that the failures of Iraq and Afghanistan had a big impact on developing an anti-war outlook in the Western consciousness.  Not just for me personally.  The Iraq war was THE reason I quit the Canadian Army reserves.  I could not operate as a part-time soldier of George W. Bush Jr., which I really was, when you consider the strong American and Canadian military alliance.  I just couldn't live with myself morally, given how I felt about the Iraq War [and to a lesser extent, Afghanistan...which Canada WAS directly involved in].

People I trained with in Thunder Bay died - does that not entitle me to a view on the topic of war?  Sheesh, there is no pleasing Getbig, lol.

From the way you describe it, clandestine units are sort of displacing national militaries, sort of to keep a clean image with the public?

Ukraine is interesting in some ways because we can now observe how well this plan plays out in reality.

I'd be very curious to see how this ends...even as recently as five years ago, I would say that NATO is the strongest military alliance in the world.  I now have my doubts.

Dr. Chris Martenson of Peak Prosperity said that NATO has spent $1 trillion USD on this war so far, whereas Russia has spent perhaps $100 billion USD [possibly a little less], and that Russia is still, from the looks of things, slightly ahead.  Apparently NATO is running out of everything, and Biden recently said in one of his gaffes, that they were out of ammunition or something?  It's probably true, but he wasn't supposed to say it.

And NO ONE in this thread supporting NATO is linking to any valid sources proving that wrong.

And I'm specifically asking OAK, who has repeatedly stated that Russia has spent $9 trillion USD, when Russia's ENTIRE ECONOMIC OUTPUT in four years is $9 trillion.  God, what an absolute MORON.  OAK clearly has no idea how numbers work.  Yeah, Russia has spent more dollars than it even has actively circulating in its economy.  ::)

Which is why I'm asking.

So...do we know?  How many Ukrainians have died here?  Or Russians for that matter?  How much money has been spent by either side?  Then we can find out if Ukraine is "winning".

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5530 on: July 27, 2023, 04:59:37 AM »
Russian soldiers are sent in human waves with no strategy, no body armour and rusty rifles which has accounted for a much larger death count than for the Ukrainian army. But we are all allowed an opinion.
I think the Ukranian Army has taken more casualties than the Western media will admit.
Remember their training is not much different to the Russian army.
I am just waiting until Putin uses Tactical nukes which can take out an area but are not like conventional nukes.
He will not lose the conflict regardless what the Western media says.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #5531 on: July 27, 2023, 07:05:55 AM »
That response would be appropriate if you were bragging.  But back to my statement, the context was "I've served time in the military reserves.  Am I not entitled to ask a question about the death tally of an ongoing war?"

I guess the "paid my dues" comment irked you, lol.  Yeah, well...it was one way to put it.  I mean, I have military training.  Do I NEED to go die in this current conflict, merely to ask questions about it?  Seems absurd to me.

I wasn't aware of the full dynamic you outlined there.  That tells me that the failures of Iraq and Afghanistan had a big impact on developing an anti-war outlook in the Western consciousness.  Not just for me personally.  The Iraq war was THE reason I quit the Canadian Army reserves.  I could not operate as a part-time soldier of George W. Bush Jr., which I really was, when you consider the strong American and Canadian military alliance.  I just couldn't live with myself morally, given how I felt about the Iraq War [and to a lesser extent, Afghanistan...which Canada WAS directly involved in].

People I trained with in Thunder Bay died - does that not entitle me to a view on the topic of war?  Sheesh, there is no pleasing Getbig, lol.

From the way you describe it, clandestine units are sort of displacing national militaries, sort of to keep a clean image with the public?

So...do we know?  How many Ukrainians have died here?  Or Russians for that matter?  How much money has been spent by either side?  Then we can find out if Ukraine is "winning".

Yes, I take your point, Matt. Happy to take the comment as loosely worded rather than an inaccurate boast. Still, we slag each other off here. That's the name of the game.

Of course, everyone has a right to ask questions, and should ask questions. And yes, I'd say that the failures of recent wars has had an impact on the Western consciousness. The ways in which states seek to create public support for interventions hasn't changed much, in my opinion, but people are better at questioning narratives now. In knowing that large numbers of the public don't support military action abroad, I suppose it's easier to simply hide the reality from them as opposed to attempting to drum up support. In being able to rely more on drones, autonomous weapons and small units, there's not as much of a need to win over the majority of their citizens. That's the logic, as far as I can tell. How well it plays out remains to be seen.

With regard to casualty figures, it's probably impossible to accurately estimate just now. The UN's Monitoring Mission in Ukraine has civilian figures of 9,177 killed and 15,993 injured. Military casualties could be anyone's guess but the high-end of what's reported is likely fairly accurate.

ROBOAK

• Getbig IV
  • toughest getbigger of all time
« Reply #5532 on: July 27, 2023, 07:37:28 AM »
No such thing as semi-pro in boxing; that's just something losers say. Obviously I don't agree with Donny that you should go and fight, lol, but a more accurate comparison would be if he said, 'why are you asking about boxing? Go get in the ring and fight if you want to know', and you then replied with 'I don't need to do that. I've already hit the bag in the gym on weekends.'

Anyway, I think we've laboured this enough.

This part I agree with, and it's embarrassing, but there's reasons for that. The first one being, most people outside of the US don't fall for the propaganda these days. It's no longer easy to get people to join up and participate in what the public now largely recognize as illegal wars of aggression.

In recognizing the push-back that came from Iraq and Afghanistan (see, e.g. David Cameron losing a UK parliamentary vote on military action in Syria), the government opted to focus more on funding private contractors and clandestine units because there's not much of a public outcry when these people are killed, and no one hears about it in the first place (you can read this argument in House of Commons papers).

In the UK, and I'm sure elsewhere, some of our units are not subject to any form of external parliamentary oversight. The reason given is to ensure the safety of operators, but in reality it's because it allows us to carry out interventions that are questionable under international law, and to deny the existence of a UK presence. We send small teams of 'advisors' in and they coordinate things and provide targets while the host nation's military carries it out.

Further to that, the nature of warfare has changed. Since around 2015, a huge amount of money has been invested into things like drone technology, Space technology, and small, well-trained units. We don't really need huge numbers of military personnel like we used to. Numbers are still too low, so they also relax standards and let all sorts of mongs join, but those people generally aren't running around the Falklands with 150lbs on their backs. The blue-haired fatsos are all sat in ops rooms with games consoles.

Ukraine is interesting in some ways because we can now observe how well this plan plays out in reality.

there actually is , pro rules but no one gets payed , sadly ive been there  :D

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #5533 on: July 27, 2023, 08:13:09 AM »
If you find the right sources and compare the info from those and CNN and BBC you'll see the neocons, or neoliberals (same crap, different pile) don't lie. They just don't mention the facts.

the facts are:

1. Ukraine is on it's last legs regarding manpower and ammunition
2. The West is slowly moving away from Zelensky government (guess who's going to be blamed for the loss of the territory - General Zaluzhnyi seems like a likely candidate)
3. Russians are advancing towards Kharkov
4. The counteroffensive has been totally unsuccessful especially in the Zaporizhzhia region
5. Putin is giving free grain to Africa
6. BRICS summit is happening, Putin will not attend in person but is sending Lavrov
7. Plans are going to be discussed during the meeting for the new reserve currency backed in gold to pay for the import-export between member states
8, Inflation in the West is not under control, hence possible rate rises expected

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5534 on: July 27, 2023, 08:32:01 AM »

"Then we will all see how well some blue-haired tattooed fat-ass demanding to have their pronouns respected will fare in an ACTUAL war."

Absolutely spot on Matt

let's see what they do when push comes to shove & the other side don't give a fuck

Same here, illuminati!

This quote from Fortress always brings a smile to my face:

Western governments must be humbled.

They will be.

Couldn't happen sooner either.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #5535 on: July 27, 2023, 08:57:02 AM »
If you find the right sources and compare the info from those and CNN and BBC you'll see the neocons, or neoliberals (same crap, different pile) don't lie. They just don't mention the facts.

the facts are:

1. Ukraine is on it's last legs regarding manpower and ammunition
2. The West is slowly moving away from Zelensky government (guess who's going to be blamed for the loss of the territory - General Zaluzhnyi seems like a likely candidate)
3. Russians are advancing towards Kharkov
4. The counteroffensive has been totally unsuccessful especially in the Zaporizhzhia region
5. Putin is giving free grain to Africa
6. BRICS summit is happening, Putin will not attend in person but is sending Lavrov
7. Plans are going to be discussed during the meeting for the new reserve currency backed in gold to pay for the import-export between member states
8, Inflation in the West is not under control, hence possible rate rises expected

Seems on the money.

When you have liberal news outlets siding with a conservative over a Democrat candidate for President, IMO it’s a good indicator that things aren’t  going well:

Getbig right, AGAIN:

RFK Jr's Ukraine Narrative Challenged by Sean Hannity

https://www.newsweek.com/rfk-jrs-ukraine-narrative-challenged-sean-hannity-1815389

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5536 on: July 27, 2023, 09:15:11 AM »

That's what I meant, lol. Maybe "semi-pro" was not the correct term.  :)

In Strongman, they will NOT give a pro-card to any 80-kg competitor - even the WORLD champion. Like Tommy Lynn Lovell who won in 2022 and is strong AF for any size, let alone for 176-lb. He's still technically an amateur. Because it's one sport where we can all "see" the smaller guys are not as strong as the 105-kg winners, or the open-weight guys.

Likewise, if I'm not mistaken, even Olympic gold medal winning wrestlers are still technically classed as "amateurs". So Kurt Angle was an amateur wrestler while winning Olympic gold, but a "pro wrestler" once he went to the WWE.  ;D

So I was just confused on the terminology.

I also can't recall what Phantom Spunker's rank was - just that he competed in boxing, IIRC.

Goliathon

• Getbig III
  • Here comes the boom!!
« Reply #5537 on: July 27, 2023, 12:54:18 PM »
IMO somewhere between 350k and 500k Ukrainians are dead, between 80k and 150k Russians.
If you're including civilians I might believe that, but if you're talking about soliders there's no way that many ukies could die and it be covered up.

They only have like 3-5 million in the country that are even possibly be fit to fight in a war. Ukraine's population stats are completely manufactured, they've had piss poor birth rates for decades and millions went west or even to Russia for a better life.

500k would probably be 40% of their actual fighting force if that were true.

Putin playing the long game he knows NATO and the US will leave at some stage he just needs to hold his position till they do,both sides only take high casualties when trying to take territory. If the poles enter western Ukraine, Belarus will enter the war, even if they don't Wagner might open up another front there, im not buying the waiting for Africa deployment. Wagner would be at least 20% of Russian casualties, maybe higher. I can see them attacking from Belarus in the coming weeks or months. They are there for a reason.
Yeah good call on Wagner.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5538 on: July 27, 2023, 02:01:04 PM »
500k would probably be 40% of their actual fighting force if that were true.

Stag weekends to Ukraine after the war

Place will be dripping with eager pussy

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #5539 on: July 27, 2023, 02:08:59 PM »
Stag weekends to Ukraine after the war

Place will be dripping with eager pussy

I bet prime real estate is very cheap right now. Flush getbiggers could look to broaden their holdings from Dubai to Kiev.  ;D

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #5540 on: July 27, 2023, 02:18:31 PM »

Sounds like a raw deal, lol. I've known of 'white-collar' shows to adopt that terminology, but they at least pay the guys around £100 to basically windmill for a few rounds.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5541 on: July 27, 2023, 02:27:11 PM »
I think the Ukranian Army has taken more casualties than the Western media will admit.
Remember their training is not much different to the Russian army.

How many Ukrainian casualties has the Western media admitted to? The only mainstream news article I read on the topic so far that talked numbers, only reported alleged Russian soldier deaths, and put that figure at 50,000.

Do you know what the "official" [Western media] death figure is for Ukrainian soldiers?

I am just waiting until Putin uses Tactical nukes which can take out an area but are not like conventional nukes.
He will not lose the conflict regardless what the Western media says.

I'm assuming Putin has deliberately refrained from using nukes, because it is a trap of sorts set up by Nato.

I.e., if Putin uses nukes, NATO has the excuse to escalate this to a global nuclear war. In the meantime...this is just perceived as a private territorial dispute between Ukraine and Russia [IMO].

Though perhaps I'm wrong there.

Would Putin get away with using tactical nukes, more than he would conventional nukes, in your view?

Thanks Jack.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5542 on: July 27, 2023, 02:42:40 PM »
Yes, I take your point, Matt. Happy to take the comment as loosely worded rather than an inaccurate boast. Still, we slag each other off here. That's the name of the game.

Of course, everyone has a right to ask questions, and should ask questions. And yes, I'd say that the failures of recent wars has had an impact on the Western consciousness. The ways in which states seek to create public support for interventions hasn't changed much, in my opinion, but people are better at questioning narratives now. In knowing that large numbers of the public don't support military action abroad, I suppose it's easier to simply hide the reality from them as opposed to attempting to drum up support. In being able to rely more on drones, autonomous weapons and small units, there's not as much of a need to win over the majority of their citizens. That's the logic, as far as I can tell. How well it plays out remains to be seen.

With regard to casualty figures, it's probably impossible to accurately estimate just now. The UN's Monitoring Mission in Ukraine has civilian figures of 9,177 killed and 15,993 injured. Military casualties could be anyone's guess but the high-end of what's reported is likely fairly accurate.

Thanks, Phantom. That's very kind of you to say.

Yes, we throw each other shade on here. I try not to personally attack anyone, unless they initiate a conflict with me. I'm not a very jealous person. I'm blessed, really.

Maybe that's why I'm just waiting for life to be over at this point. IMO, I have nowhere to go but down. It's that feeling that drove Jay Cutler to his recent geared body transformation. And Gary Strydom before him.

Midlife and existential crises suck.

I agree with you on Western intervention changing public perception [although I hadn't contemplated it on that broad a level before your post], so there's no need to write a book on it, just agreeing with you, lol.

Let's just say:
I'm VERY happy that the Iraq War failure [IMO] led to the Iran War never happening.
 :)

Thanks for posting some figures - the seemingly intentional lack of reporting by Western media makes me assume this war is going worse than they want admit or known publicly!

LASTLY...you once sort of said I didn't *really* train with with the JTF-2.

But I did - I mean it was only for two months, but I was officially paid as a regular forces soldier for one of those two months.  :) I mean, come on...that doesn't count? I'm not claiming I was an active member! But I did train and work with them for two months in May/June 2002!

Give me that at least!  :)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5543 on: July 27, 2023, 02:51:23 PM »
Give me that at least!  :)

LOL...4:35 here:

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5544 on: July 27, 2023, 03:56:42 PM »
IMO somewhere between 350k and 500k Ukrainians are dead, between 80k and 150k Russians.Putin playing the long game he knows NATO and the US will leave at some stage he just needs to hold his position till they do,both sides only take high casualties when trying to take territory. If the poles enter western Ukraine, Belarus will enter the war, even if they don't Wagner might open up another front there, im not buying the waiting for Africa deployment. Wagner would be at least 20% of Russian casualties, maybe higher. I can see them attacking from Belarus in the coming weeks or months. They are there for a reason.

Not that I’m a CT or anything, but I wondered if for a minute the coup was staged in order to give Ukraine cape hope and allow Wagner to train Belarus and get them ready to invade Ukraine.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5545 on: July 27, 2023, 04:41:45 PM »

Absolutely spot on Matt

Most likely a lot better than a 5'4" midget who had to wear lifts in his shoes make the height requirement to join or enjoy a day at Disneyland.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5546 on: July 27, 2023, 04:43:04 PM »
Matt - there is no accurate way to estimate Russia's losses.  Not with them bringing a crematorium to the battle site and having to guess how many other soldiers actually defected and ran away as opposed to being killed and burned.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5547 on: July 27, 2023, 05:03:30 PM »
The Belarusians have to be rewarded for their support, western Ukraine is in play, the Poles and Lithuanians already know this, Wagner are there for a reason, same reason they were in the Donbas, which now belongs to Russia, Western Ukraine will be Belarusian in time.

Goliathon

• Getbig III
  • Here comes the boom!!
« Reply #5548 on: July 27, 2023, 05:20:03 PM »

Not that I’m a CT or anything, but I wondered if for a minute the coup was staged in order to give Ukraine cape hope and allow Wagner to train Belarus and get them ready to invade Ukraine.
I think that is very likely.

If wagner is doing anything other than going to Africa, they're still attached to Putin.

My guess is there will be some serious/intense war crimes being committed if Wagner is reactivated.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #5549 on: July 27, 2023, 05:40:52 PM »
Did Russia cum yet?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!