Author Topic: Russia has penetrated Ukraine  (Read 354520 times)

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Russia has penetrated Ukraine
« Reply #5575 on: August 11, 2023, 05:23:58 AM »
ah...the memories  :D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #5576 on: August 11, 2023, 07:07:02 AM »
Yeah ..i agree.  what i find interesting is the "soviets" have not changed their field tactics since the 70s & 80s.
their structure with Motor Rifle brigades has not changed much.

What do you make of this?

Zelensky Fires All Heads of Ukraine's Military Call-Up Centers

https://www.newsweek.com/zelensky-fires-heads-ukraines-military-call-centers-1819140

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5577 on: August 11, 2023, 07:27:27 AM »

What do you make of this?

Zelensky Fires All Heads of Ukraine's Military Call-Up Centers

https://www.newsweek.com/zelensky-fires-heads-ukraines-military-call-centers-1819140

Do not be fooled Zelensky is a Western puppet & not a good guy.  The Ukraine Army has no better tactics than the Russians.
How could they as they are ex Eastern Block soldiers.
I have met many ex DDR soldiers & Russians who served in the Soviet era Army & one guy i know was ex Soviet Navy.
the Navy Guy ranted on & on about Putin as a big Leader but the Army guys were not so happy with how they were treated.
The conscripts were treated very badly & i met a guy who was in Afgahn when they invaded.
In my opinion the Russians will win in the end, what else will happen WW3?  no it will not happen.
putin is sitting it out but has lost some face over it..he will survive it though.

Against the USA ..Russia has no chance but let us not forget they still have weapons of mass destruction. This is their Joker.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5578 on: August 11, 2023, 02:31:58 PM »
Russia fortified the eastern part of Ukraine that they held, and will not give it up. Ukraine fucked around for so long they have them the opportunity. Now this counteroffensive is stalling and it will just get worse as it turns to fall/winter and they’re at another stalemate. During which Russia will just strengthen fortifications. Wherever they’re at now, is the new border.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5579 on: August 11, 2023, 03:46:32 PM »
They the Ukrainians need to be very careful, as when the US pulls out as they always do, the rest of the country will, be there to take, only reason they didn't take the whole country inside a week as NATO and the US joined the fight at day 4, nothing has changed if that money and military support gets pulled, Putin might decide to take the rest to teach NATO a lesson.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5580 on: August 11, 2023, 11:17:35 PM »
Think they're still using these

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5581 on: August 11, 2023, 11:19:57 PM »
BMP-2
eature=share

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5582 on: August 11, 2023, 11:24:09 PM »
It's amazing that both sides are using it.
eature=share

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5583 on: August 11, 2023, 11:44:54 PM »
Poor bastards never had a chance,  BMP driving across an open field ...they unfortunately paid the price.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5584 on: August 11, 2023, 11:47:42 PM »
They the Ukrainians need to be very careful, as when the US pulls out as they always do, the rest of the country will, be there to take, only reason they didn't take the whole country inside a week as NATO and the US joined the fight at day 4, nothing has changed if that money and military support gets pulled, Putin might decide to take the rest to teach NATO a lesson.

This is interesting. The closest thing I have to inside information is a friend in Finland and Russia. Neither in the Army although the Finlander has training and can be called up.  I appreciate all the insight and "Behind the scenes" commentary. Both of them feel this war is unjust. I have no dog in the hunt.. I would like to see it resolved with no more casualties but I think that is a pipe dream

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #5585 on: August 11, 2023, 11:59:42 PM »
Poor bastards never had a chance,  BMP driving across an open field ...they unfortunately paid the price.

Same with the early years of Iraq and Afghanistan. Remember the old Snatch Land Rovers? Good for Northern Ireland and stopping the occasional Molotov Cocktail, but the UK sent them out to face mines and IEDs, and around 34 people died.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #5586 on: August 12, 2023, 02:39:30 AM »
Do some reading about WW1 battles.

Hundreds of thousands of casualties in single battles.

Russia is said to have lost only 50,000 over the entire length of the Uke War.

The writer was probably referring to the 20 000 dead Russians in the Battle of Bakhmut. And those numbers are excluding whatever the Ukrainians lost.

Not quite WW1 losses but consider the US lost 36 000 in Korea, 58 000 in Vietnam and the USSR 15 000 in Afghanistan.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/head-of-russian-private-army-says-more-than-20000-fighters-died-in-bakhmut-battle#:~:text=KYIV%2C%20Ukraine%20(AP)%20%E2%80%94,15%2Dmonth%2Dold%20war.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #5587 on: August 12, 2023, 03:45:34 AM »
This is interesting. The closest thing I have to inside information is a friend in Finland and Russia. Neither in the Army although the Finlander has training and can be called up.  I appreciate all the insight and "Behind the scenes" commentary. Both of them feel this war is unjust. I have no dog in the hunt.. I would like to see it resolved with no more casualties but I think that is a pipe dream

If America /NATO etc weren't butting their noses in it would've been over
long ago & save a lot of Lives.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5588 on: August 12, 2023, 07:31:28 AM »
Same with the early years of Iraq and Afghanistan. Remember the old Snatch Land Rovers? Good for Northern Ireland and stopping the occasional Molotov Cocktail, but the UK sent them out to face mines and IEDs, and around 34 people died.
I know a couple of guys who went over to fight for the Ukrainians, one is no longer with us & the other i don´t know.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5589 on: August 12, 2023, 09:13:05 PM »

If America /NATO etc weren't butting their noses in it would've been over
long ago & save a lot of Lives.

What would have been the result?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5590 on: August 12, 2023, 09:28:13 PM »

I don't know I'm not a psychic - Are you.

I'd hazard a guess the war would've been over in less than a month
& puppet US installed Zelensky gone.

Ole Pedo Pete sure wouldn't that & all his money scams being Exposed.
of course you'll immediately deny any nefarious activity by Pedo Pete the 😇

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5591 on: August 12, 2023, 09:45:36 PM »
I don't know I'm not a psychic - Are you.

I'd hazard a guess the war would've been over in less than a month
& puppet US installed Zelensky gone.

Ole Pedo Pete sure wouldn't that & all his money scams being Exposed.
of course you'll immediately deny any nefarious activity by Pedo Pete the 😇

Never have.. my mantra has been "Where is the evidence?" that hasn't changed. What also hasn't changed is the Republicans inability to supply such evidence.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5592 on: August 13, 2023, 01:13:09 AM »
Never have.. my mantra has been "Where is the evidence?" that hasn't changed. What also hasn't changed is the Republicans inability to supply such evidence.

You're the former detective go do some detective work.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5593 on: August 13, 2023, 08:12:03 AM »

Shit, Russia would've crushed them in months and I’m sure it would be over other than some partisan warfare. There’s no way they could keep up the fight had the West not given them weapons.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5594 on: August 13, 2023, 07:01:52 PM »

Shit, Russia would've crushed them in months and I’m sure it would be over other than some partisan warfare. There’s no way they could keep up the fight had the West not given them weapons.

Ok, would that have been a good thing? The right thing? if at any time country A wants to take land from country B at this point, is it something we should all stand back and watch? I'm looking for insight here, not really argumentative. I was a bit pissed Russia invaded them.. but maybe I am not seeing the big picture?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5595 on: August 13, 2023, 09:19:59 PM »
Ok, would that have been a good thing? The right thing? if at any time country A wants to take land from country B at this point, is it something we should all stand back and watch? I'm looking for insight here, not really argumentative. I was a bit pissed Russia invaded them.. but maybe I am not seeing the big picture?

All fair & legitimate was it when Barry O'bumer had 7 countries bombed ??

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5596 on: August 13, 2023, 09:29:04 PM »

I think we can rightly say that if Ukraine had not been helped by others, Russia would have destroyed Ukraine and the war would have likely been over. I can't say if this is a just war as I barely follow it, but I think you are correct that it would have been likely over by now.
X

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5597 on: August 13, 2023, 09:45:57 PM »
Coming from a long line of military men, who have fought in every conflict this country has had since 1812 (we were savage injuns prior to that and can’t trace any proof that anyone fought in the revolutionary war) - I am VERY anti war now
The great General Smedley Butler wrote “War is a Racket” about 100 years ago. Everyone should read. It’s not an opinion it’s fact that can’t be disputed. Our military budget is ridiculous and sending money to other nations for war is criminally stupid. As is sending our young men to turn into corpses for the profit of the MIC.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5598 on: August 13, 2023, 11:00:23 PM »
All fair & legitimate was it when Barry O'bumer had 7 countries bombed ??

please stay focused

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5599 on: August 14, 2023, 12:27:32 AM »
Coming from a long line of military men, who have fought in every conflict this country has had since 1812 (we were savage injuns prior to that and can’t trace any proof that anyone fought in the revolutionary war) - I am VERY anti war now
The great General Smedley Butler wrote “War is a Racket” about 100 years ago. Everyone should read. It’s not an opinion it’s fact that can’t be disputed. Our military budget is ridiculous and sending money to other nations for war is criminally stupid. As is sending our young men to turn into corpses for the profit of the MIC.
Totally agree.