Author Topic: Russia has penetrated Ukraine  (Read 354515 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Russia has penetrated Ukraine
« Reply #900 on: March 12, 2022, 07:43:57 AM »
NATO member countries:

Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States.

European Union countries:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

There are a lot of countries within both NATO and the European Union. I think this situation needs to be deescalated as soon as possible or else a possible WW3 scenario could ensue. The USA has already declared war on Russia by way of trying to destroy their economy and the value of their ruble. The attempt to essentially starve the Russian people from access to foreign trade and aid is not cool. There are over 145 million people living in Russia. Only a small contingency are oligarchs and political players. No need to make ALL Russian people suffers for the decisions of a few.

Aside from NATO & EU members, what I also see is that Russia has allies in the form of China, North Korea, Iran, India, Pakistan, UAE and numerous other middle eastern countries. How hard would it be for Japan to side with Russia if things really got dicey? They are still the only country that has ever been attacked with nuclear weapons (by the USA) on 2 separate occasions within Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Also, it isn't farfetched to imagine that South America has many countries that will turn on the USA given the suppressive nature that the US has taken against many of them. What about Africa? I doubt they are in love with the USA.

I think this shit needs to end.

"1"

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #901 on: March 12, 2022, 07:56:53 AM »
woooooooooooooshhhhhhhhh hhhh

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #902 on: March 12, 2022, 07:59:37 AM »
There are a lot of countries within both NATO and the European Union. I think this situation needs to be deescalated as soon as possible or else a possible WW3 scenario could ensue. The USA has already declared war on Russia by way of trying to destroy their economy and the value of their ruble. The attempt to essentially starve the Russian people from access to foreign trade and aid is not cool. There are over 145 million people living in Russia. Only a small contingency are oligarchs and political players. No need to make ALL Russian people suffers for the decisions of a few.

Aside from NATO & EU members, what I also see is that Russia has allies in the form of China, North Korea, Iran, India, Pakistan, UAE and numerous other middle eastern countries. How hard would it be for Japan to side with Russia if things really got dicey? They are still the only country that has ever been attacked with nuclear weapons (by the USA) on 2 separate occasions within Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Also, it isn't farfetched to imagine that South America has many countries that will turn on the USA given the suppressive nature that the US has taken against many of them. What about Africa? I doubt they are in love with the USA.

"1"

People don't have time for this white man bullshit.  Stay off of Russia's borders. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #903 on: March 12, 2022, 08:07:07 AM »
REGINA
10 minutes ago
Putin tells Biden and NATO to stay away, and they stay away. Gutless wonders. As a retired teacher I had a time tested tactic to use against bullies- confront them and in a heartbeat the cowards slink away.

::)

If the USA had a civil war with Puerto Rico and told everyone to stay away?  Yeah, I know Russians and Ukrainians aren't relatives.  No way that was one country in 1991.

They were part of the Russian empire and the Soviet Union, but they’re different people. That would be like Austria annexing Czech Republic because they used to be part of the same country, or a one of the former Yugoslav countries annexing another because they used to form part of a union. It’s wrong to invade a sovereign nation for no reason. I do agree though, we shouldn’t be involved.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #904 on: March 12, 2022, 08:21:26 AM »

"1"

The state must be made to lose the means to finance their war effort, to be economically strangled and starved of funds.

Why waste bullets and the lives of one's own soldiers when they can be starved out?

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #905 on: March 12, 2022, 08:44:42 AM »
all I know is joe shit himself again this am.

he's shooting a new 'depends' commercial:

"hi, im joe biden. you may remember me for killing the country, the economy, us troops and many other failures for 50 yrs.
now, i shit myself daily while sniffing lids and touching kids. I touched my own daughter in the shower when she was a child.
my crackhead son, who has made illegal millions, and also violates underage girls, he learnt all that shit from me, criminal traitor commie.
there i go blabbering again, where was i cornpop? oh ya, so when people ask me if these diapers work, I just say "depends"  **shrug**.
im joe biden and i forgot this message".

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #906 on: March 12, 2022, 08:52:25 AM »
People don't have time for this white man bullshit.  Stay off of Russia's borders.
Your people still skin each other alive and stab each other with sticks, settle down.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #907 on: March 12, 2022, 08:55:09 AM »
The state must be made to lose the means to finance their war effort, to be economically strangled and starved of funds.

Why waste bullets and the lives of one's own soldiers when they can be starved out?

How about if the US stays out of this?

I know it's not the conventional thought at the moment, but we don't always have to play the role of international police. The US economy is literally falling apart. We are on our last leg and there don't appear to be many outs left for us to utilize. Why further cripple the US economy by now sending over $13.6 billion in foreign aid towards this Russia/Ukraine conflict? We have people struggling to pay for groceries and gasoline here all across the nation, but somehow we have money to give away towards the saving of a banana republic? We have the highest inflation in over 40+ years, yet government spending was just cranked up. I just don't get what the end game is here for the USA. How will any involvement in this bring gain to the US?

I don't want any innocent Ukrainians or Russians to be killed due to this nonsense, but I'm starting to truly feel as if the USA is sticking its nose into shit that is no business of theirs.

"1"

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #908 on: March 12, 2022, 08:58:01 AM »

"1"
End of discussion. We have our own fucked up economy and government to deal with. The Great Reset is going to be messy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #909 on: March 12, 2022, 09:00:51 AM »

I know it's not the conventional thought at the moment, but we don't always have to play the role of international police. The US economy is literally falling apart. We are on our last leg and there don't appear to be many outs left for us to utilize. Why further cripple the US economy by now sending over $13.6 billion in foreign aid towards this Russia/Ukraine conflict? We have people struggling to pay for groceries and gasoline here all across the nation, but somehow we have money to give away towards the saving of a banana republic? We have the highest inflation in over 40+ years, yet government spending was just cranked up. I just don't get what the end game is here for the USA. How will any involvement in this bring gain to the US?

I don't want any innocent Ukrainians or Russians to be killed due to this nonsense, but I'm starting to truly feel as if the USA is sticking its nose into shit that is no business of theirs.

"1"

If the USA wants, they can withdraw from their alliances from NATO and the EU, which includes most of the Western world, but then they will be isolated and if threatened or under attack will be alone.

It goes both ways.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #910 on: March 12, 2022, 09:04:46 AM »
If the USA wants, they can withdraw from their alliances from NATO and the EU, which includes most of the Western world, but then they will be isolated and if threatened or under attack will be alone.
Who would attack us on our own land ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #911 on: March 12, 2022, 09:08:41 AM »

Is Russia being attacked on their own land at the moment?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #912 on: March 12, 2022, 09:14:31 AM »
Is Russia being attacked on their own land at the moment?
Is that how you answer questions?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #913 on: March 12, 2022, 09:23:01 AM »
Is that how you answer questions?

Did you not understand the meaning?  ???

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #914 on: March 12, 2022, 09:26:46 AM »

That’s not happening. The United States ban on Russian oil is meaningless bullshit.

And Russians not being able to get a big Mac will only help health outcomes there:

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #915 on: March 12, 2022, 10:10:16 AM »
We all need to be more like Thomas Krause, that is to say pretend that getting ripped off is meaningful.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #916 on: March 12, 2022, 10:33:55 AM »

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #917 on: March 12, 2022, 10:35:11 AM »
We all need to be more like Thomas Krause, that is to say pretend that getting ripped off is meaningful.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #918 on: March 12, 2022, 11:06:11 AM »
There’s really been no change to the oil supply as a result of the war. Russia’s biggest customers are still buying it and Russia is still pumping it out.

The problem is that Central Banks can print money but not oil.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #919 on: March 12, 2022, 11:12:37 AM »
There’s really been no change to the oil supply as a result of the war. Russia’s biggest customers are still buying it and Russia is still pumping it out.

The problem is that Central Banks can print money but not oil.

Bingo!

I keep telling friends that these exponential increases to the price of gasoline and oil have very little to do with Russia. It's ALL due to inflation. Russia is a small piece of the oil supply pie when it comes to the USA.

In a matter of a few weeks, the cost for average gas has gone up by close to $2. Inflation continues to rise at a quick rate, we just passed a $1.5 Trillion dollar spending bill (more inflation) and Jerome Powell has just said that he looks to push back rate hikes (more inflation).

This thing will continue to get worse and I wouldn't be surprised if by this summer (August) inflation gets to around 10-11%.

"1"

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #920 on: March 12, 2022, 11:18:32 AM »
10% inflation (reported and not real)

0.5% interest rate??

I have never seen theft at this level courtesy of the Federal Reserve

The longer they let this get out of hand the less they will be able to do

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #921 on: March 12, 2022, 11:39:20 AM »
Did you not understand the meaning?  ???
Did you post a meaning for me to interpret ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #922 on: March 12, 2022, 12:19:38 PM »
Bingo!

I keep telling friends that these exponential increases to the price of gasoline and oil have very little to do with Russia. It's ALL due to inflation. Russia is a small piece of the oil supply pie when it comes to the USA.

In a matter of a few weeks, the cost for average gas has gone up by close to $2. Inflation continues to rise at a quick rate, we just passed a $1.5 Trillion dollar spending bill (more inflation) and Jerome Powell has just said that he looks to push back rate hikes (more inflation).

This thing will continue to get worse and I wouldn't be surprised if by this summer (August) inflation gets to around 10-11%.

"1"

October 2021

Is this on Putin, too?

October 2021 CPI: Inflation Rose at Fastest Rate Since 1990 - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/10/business/economy/consumer-price-inflation-october.html

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #923 on: March 12, 2022, 02:24:37 PM »
Ukrainian Refugees Are Hitting a Wall at the US-Mexico Border

The ripple effect from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has reached the United States border, with the first trickle of people displaced by the conflict starting to arrive in Tijuana, Mexico, hoping to cross into the U.S. to seek protection.

The arrival of Ukrainian and Russian asylum-seekers — including at least one woman and her three children who were allowed into the U.S. on Thursday, and eight others currently stuck in Tijuana — is testing the limits of President Joe Biden’s willingness to continue enforcing a Trump-era policy that has blocked thousands of asylum-seekers from crossing the border.

The first Ukrainians arrived Monday at the port of entry near San Diego, a 34-year-old mother who’s been identified only as Sofiia, accompanied by her kids, ages, 14, 12, and 6. They were turned away twice, once in a car on Tuesday and later on foot, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune, which had a reporter present when Sofiia and her family tried to walk across into the U.S. on Wednesday.

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents reportedly cited the policy known as Title 42 when turning the family away, according to immigration attorneys who were helping the family and tweeting from the scene on Wednesday. Enacted under President Donald Trump at the outset of the coronavirus pandemic in March 2020, Title 42 puts tight restrictions on who can cross the border “in the interest of public health.”

In years past, migrants who reached the U.S. border could seek asylum or other humanitarian protections. They were typically detained or released into the country pending a final immigration court decision, a process that could take years due a large case backlog. Today, under Title 42, some people are flown back to their home countries but most are simply returned to Mexico, where they face threats of kidnapping, robbery, and worse at the hands of cartels and criminals along the border.

That was nearly the case with Sofiia.

“I’m not asking for anything from the United States, just to be let in,” she told the Union-Tribune after being turned away on Wednesday. “All we need is to be safe. All we want is to keep our lives safe.”

Sofiia reportedly worked as a Hebrew teacher in Ukraine and has family members in the U.S. who have helped her flee the Russian invasion. When the war began, Sofiia drove from Ukraine to neighboring Moldova, then Romania, and then flew to Frankfurt, Germany. From there, she flew to Mexico City and then took another flight to Tijuana.

“We left our lives, our jobs, our families and houses in Ukraine just to escape from this horrible war,” Sofiia told the Union-Tribune. “All my friends and family are far, far away from me, and I don’t know if they will be alive tomorrow. I just want to keep my kids’ lives safe.”

Erika Pinheiro, policy and litigation director for Al Otro Lado, an organization that provides legal aid and support for people trying to cross the border, told VICE News that what happened to Sofiia is an everyday occurrence for thousands of Central Americans, Haitians, and asylum-seekers from other countries who have been desperately trying to enter the U.S. since Title 42 began. The only recourse is to seek a “humanitarian exemption,” Pinheiro said.

“Usually those requests are only granted to refugees at imminent risk of death or those with extremely serious medical issues for which they cannot access care in Mexico, but I am hoping that we will have more success here given the situation in Ukraine,” said Pinheiro.

Blaine Bookey, legal director of Center for Gender and Refugee Studies, who helped Sofiia and her family in Tijuana, said CBP agents were hostile.

“They’re telling families that Title 42 is in place, no exceptions,” Bookey said “They’re telling them to leave. They’ve been yelled at, told to move, just generally it’s an abusive environment.”

According to Al Otro Lado’s data, the approval rate for humanitarian exemption requests for Title 42 is around 25 percent for all nationalities aside from Haitians, and around 14 percent for Haitians. The approval rates differ drastically depending on the port of entry, Pinheiro said, with some regularly allowing exceptions and others granting virtually none.

“And those are almost all extreme medical cases,” Pinheiro said. “So, if [Sofiia] were not Ukrainian, she would most definitely be trapped in Tijuana until Title 42 is lifted.”

Sofiia was ultimately allowed to enter the U.S. on Thursday morning, but it’s unclear whether border officials will extend Title 42 exemptions to other Ukrainians. A spokesperson for CBP told VICE News that Sofiia and her family were permitted entry after the agency “reviewed the facts of their case.” The CBP spokesperson said the government is “continuing to exempt particularly vulnerable individuals from Title 42 on a case-by-case basis.”

Asked about the situation with Ukrainians at the border, a White House spokesperson told VICE News that “Title 42 continues to be in place and is enforced – regardless of country of origin.”

But with mass displacement from the conflict and more Ukrainians seeking to reunite with family members in the United States, the Biden administration may soon face a reckoning with Title 42. As of Friday morning, according to Pinheiro, there were six Ukrainians and two Russians in Tijuana trying to cross into the U.S. and seek asylum.

One Ukrainian family was separated after crossing the U.S.-Mexico border earlier this week, leaving a father and his six-month-old baby on the U.S. side while the mother was held in immigration detention, according to an attorney who represents the family.

Immigration attorney Jacob Sapochnick told VICE News the family fled Ukraine a day before the first Russian attack, traveling through Poland to Germany, then taking a flight to the Mexican resort city of Cancún, then onto Mexico City and finally Tijuana. Ukrainians need a visa in order to fly to the United States, but they can book travel to Mexico without any special travel documents. With a tourist visa, Ukrainians can legally stay in Mexico for up to 180 days.

Sapochnick said his client Kirill Kara is a dual Ukrainian-American citizen but his wife Lena is not. The couple rented a car in Tijuana and drove with their baby to the border crossing.

“When they arrived at the CBP station the officer told them ‘I know why you are here’, and took her into custody,” Sapochnick said. “At the port of entry she was separated from her six-month-old baby. CBP had her in custody for six days before releasing her and that was only because I involved the media.”

Sapochnick said Lena Kara was released Friday and reunited with her husband and baby in the U.S. They are now planning to “explore all possibilities to allow her to stay with her family."

The U.S. reluctance to unconditionally accept Ukrainians has drawn sharp criticism in light of the praise the Biden administration has heaped on European countries for welcoming refugees from the conflict with mostly open arms. As of March 11, most Ukrainian refugees have fled to neighboring countries, with 1.5 million going to Poland, 225,000 to Hungary, and 176,000 to Slovakia, according to the United Nations’ refugee agency. Tens of thousands have also crossed into Russia, Romania, and Moldova, and more than a quarter-million others have left for other European countries, including Germany.

The U.S. State Department announced last week that Ukrainians can apply for a temporary visa at any American consulate, with the location in Frankfurt designated as the processing hub. Ukrainians already living in the U.S. now qualify for “Temporary Protected Status” or TPS, which will allow them to remain in the country indefinitely without fear of deportation. But the same TPS protections do not apply for new arrivals at the border.

The Biden administration has reportedly been quietly preparing to roll back Title 42 in April, according to a report Thursday from BuzzFeed News, which obtained documents indicating that U.S. officials plan to notify their Mexican counterparts about the plan in the coming week. News agency Reuters also reported Wednesday that Biden is “leaning” toward ending Title 42.

With more Ukrainians en route to the border, the White House may be forced to act soon. Sapochnick, the attorney for the family that was separated, said he’s been getting “more and more calls” from Ukrainians trying to apply for asylum in the U.S.

“Right now it is very unclear to know who CBP is using Title 42 on,” Sapochnick said. “It's very arbitrary.”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/93bm9y/ukraine-refugees-us-mexico-border?utm_medium=social&utm_source=vice_facebook&fbclid=IwAR3gKIZhwI4Y4t0OfCujjOPo4_P7OYCuEYSITYAOKLXCybkYbJ1_dE10qB8

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #924 on: March 12, 2022, 03:47:17 PM »
As much as scumbags like Straw and ChOak and their Leftist buddies bitch about Putin (who is scum too), they'd do the same damn thing as hum because they are totalitarians.  No free speech, take your kids, put people in camps or jail for disobeying.  They're all little Putins so there a huge irony to all of this.