Author Topic: The 2022 World’s Strongest Man  (Read 4778 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: The 2022 World’s Strongest Man
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2022, 03:10:55 PM »
It's not so unusual for Strongmen to have Dad-bods. I'm more surprised when that's not the case, lol!

Wtf? LOL!

6x A50's?

I looked my best ever off one half of one every SECOND day!

So...12.5mg daily [25mg every second day], for 30 days.

My friend said the sweet spot was 100mg daily.

Even adding one pill, and going to 150mg daily, just resulted in more side effects, he said.

That's also a heck of a lot of GH! Someone suspected Ronnie Coleman did 18 IU daily. Lastly, the Tren - don't most people take 200-30g of Tren per WEEK?!

Mariusz Pudzianowski did 300mg per DAY?

"Many" people took 300mg of tren a day "due to gh15." I can't recall gh15 recommending such but they obviously wanted to mutate quickly and gh15 was praising tren. It does cause daily changes at high doses but 300mg isn't sustainable, for a few weeks perhaps, with some tranquilizers usually. There were before and after pics of dudes doing this that was posted on getbig. Not advanced guys at all.

100mg might be sweet spot for Anadrol, there was even a study saying higher doses didn't increase lean tissue further but it wasn't athletic populations. Anadrol is my favorite oral. I've taken 250mg in a day but only for one day. Say I wanted to peak my strength on a friday, I took 1 on monday, 2 on tuesday and so on until 250mg on friday. A few weeks like this at a time. Saturday and sunday I was at 1 a day again  It works very well, IME there is no other oral that is comparable for strength. I also sleep extremely well on it, it's like a sleeping pill. No nausea or poor appetite as many report.

Scott Mendelson said he did 20 Anadrol in a day  :D They are absolutely nuts in strength sports. I know tommywishbone said no one took 10 Anadrol a day, impossible, but I know for a fact that it has been done  :D

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2022, 03:20:50 PM »
"Many" people took 300mg of tren a day "due to gh15." I can't recall gh15 recommending such but they obviously wanted to mutate quickly and gh15 was praising tren. It does cause daily changes at high doses but 300mg isn't sustainable, for a few weeks perhaps, with some tranquilizers usually. There were before and after pics of dudes doing this that was posted on getbig. Not advanced guys at all.

100mg might be sweet spot for Anadrol, there was even a study saying higher doses didn't increase lean tissue further but it wasn't athletic populations. Anadrol is my favorite oral. I've taken 250mg in a day but only for one day. Say I wanted to peak my strength on a friday, I took 1 on monday, 2 on tuesday and so on until 250mg on friday. A few weeks like this at a time. Saturday and sunday I was at 1 a day again  It works very well, IME there is no other oral that is comparable for strength. I also sleep extremely well on it, it's like a sleeping pill. No nausea or poor appetite as many report.

Scott Mendelson said he did 20 Anadrol in a day  :D They are absolutely nuts in strength sports. I know tommywishbone said no one took 10 Anadrol a day, impossible, but I know for a fact that it has been done  :D

Abdi Ibrahim anadrols were like the last easily available pharma oral lol. I had great times with them.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2022, 03:41:41 PM »
Abdi Ibrahim anadrols were like the last easily available pharma oral lol. I had great times with them.

Never got a chance to try the Irani drols. The Turkish I still see, don't know how often they are counterfeited. I've had good luck with UG drols.

Like this China no name product. Expired since 2016, still works great.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2022, 05:47:33 PM »

LOL!!!!

Yes, that is something Tommy would say.  ;D

So my blood work came back fine, other than:

- Testosterone on low end of normal range. Makes sense given how much I hate life. Hating life has made my testosterone low...not the other way around.
- I have a slow thyroid, measured by a HIGH TSH level.
- I'm slightly in nutritional ketosis - based on ketones found in my urine. Slightly.

Otherwise, meh.

I need to do something though, just not sure what.

I have access to Anadrol, Dianabol, Anavar, Halotestin, Turinabol, Cytomel, Sustanon, Suboxone, and protein powder.

I can get basically anything, but the above list is what I have the easiest access to.

Given my low-end test and HYPO-thyroidism [slow], is there something I should avoid?

I just need to get out of this rut.

Will gear hurt my kidneys?

I'm a big time health pussy.

It's already almost June - I wouldn't be surprised if I just end up not doing this at all, but...I'm probably 51% sure I will this time.

So if you have any guidance on this, let me know.

Thanks Van.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2022, 06:02:27 PM »
As Jos posted it's very overrated on sides from Anadrol.

The horror stories you hear of guys having kidney problems from 50-100mg per day are bullshit.

They are taking much more than that and most likely more substances.

I once took 100mg per day for over 6 months.

Everything was fine and i was strong as fuck.

If you want to compete, you need to take a shitload of drugs.

That's what most people still do not understand about BBing, PLing and SM.

Just lift and have fun, no reason to destroy your health.

I've taken boatloads of AAS in my life and do not recommend you go down that path.

Thankfully my health has been great, but who knows.

Thanks for the reply, T.I.O.

I just got my health results back yesterday - all but testosterone level, which came back today.

It's nothing crazy bad - but my TSH level went up even higher, and is now over 5. The range goes from 0.32 to 4.00 mIU/L.

Granted, my hypothyroidism has been monitored for over five years now, and started at 4.66, and is very slowly getting worse.

At this rate, I will have thyroid problems that can't be resolved by age 70. Regardless - it's an issue I do have.

My testosterone, while low, is still within the normal range - just on the low end. It was always around medium range.

That said, I just need something to make me feel better.

I'm not talking about a massive cycle - but for perspective, this was from 2016 [my last cycle] when I did 25mg of Anadrol every *second* day for three weeks.

I'd like to look slightly better than this next time:

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2022, 07:18:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply, T.I.O.

I just got my health results back yesterday - all but testosterone level, which came back today.

It's nothing crazy bad - but my TSH level went up even higher, and is now over 5. The range goes from 0.32 to 4.00 mIU/L.

Granted, my hypothyroidism has been monitored for over five years now, and started at 4.66, and is very slowly getting worse.

At this rate, I will have thyroid problems that can't be resolved by age 70. Regardless - it's an issue I do have.

My testosterone, while low, is still within the normal range - just on the low end. It was always around medium range.

That said, I just need something to make me feel better.

I'm not talking about a massive cycle - but for perspective, this was from 2016 [my last cycle] when I did 25mg of Anadrol every *second* day for three weeks.

I'd like to look slightly better than this next time:

You look really good, brother.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2022, 11:48:25 PM »
You look really good, brother.

Hey - thanks, Fortress!

I am roughly always in the same shape, lol.

I get one little thing slightly imperfect in a health test [like literally blood pressure of 120/80, which isn't even bad, just not the BEST it can be], and I worry.

Fortress - you know how we all tend to look better after chest day, thanks to an upper body pump?

That's how I want to look ALL the time, lol.

And that's where a bit of gear helps. At least for a few months, I'll always look pumped up.

I'm hoping that will get me out of this rut caused by the plandemic joke [full credit for that term goes to YOU, Fortress!].

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2022, 12:49:16 AM »
I can imagine why...

Firstly, Bobby is only about 6'0" right? If I recall correctly, the first platform to load the stone on is 72" [which is 6'0" - the same height as Bobby].

So if I had to guess...it was Bobby's height disadvantage that got him. Brian Shaw is not only 6'8.5", but he is incredible on stones. Strong - and, of course very tall, giving him that advantage as said.

Even at the Arnold Pro Strongman, where the stone lift is something like 44" with a much heavier stone, Brian would likely have beaten Bobby though, despite Bobby's raw power.

Tell me, Gym-Rat:

I thought Shaw was getting owned in this contest? So he managed to turn it all around?

If they went on points, Shaw would not have made the finals. He was 3rd, only the top 2 go. But since they added the stone-off, the 3rd place guy has a chance (2nd vs. 3rd). Looks like Max made the finals again...

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2022, 02:15:27 AM »
Looks like Shaw beat Thompson. Not sure why Bobby couldnt get even one ?

From reading elsewhere it sounds like he fucked up with his tacky. How a guy who's not exactly a newbie can make such a mistake is beyond me, possibly cost himself a WSM final.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2022, 05:51:21 AM »
I can imagine why...

Firstly, Bobby is only about 6'0" right? If I recall correctly, the first platform to load the stone on is 72" [which is 6'0" - the same height as Bobby].

The Stone-Off is each guy trading tries, over a bar. Not that high of a level...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeCakBODvtv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2022, 01:18:29 PM »
The Stone-Off is each guy trading tries, over a bar. Not that high of a level...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeCakBODvtv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Ah. That's not very high.

As far as I know, they purposely select the heats in such a way to get certain people at the finals.

So last year, Maxime was appearantly not even supposed to make the finals, but ended up beating someone unexpected. And from there, he was 3rd in the whole show. Amazing how that worked out for him.

I fear for the health of Bobby Thompson.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2022, 03:46:09 PM »
Ah. That's not very high.

As far as I know, they purposely select the heats in such a way to get certain people at the finals.

So last year, Maxime was appearantly not even supposed to make the finals, but ended up beating someone unexpected. And from there, he was 3rd in the whole show. Amazing how that worked out for him.

I fear for the health of Bobby Thompson.

Colins always been sort of corrupt with some (WSM) contests and how theyre setup. He went into biz w/ Eddie Hall, same year, Eddie wins a contest where all his best static lifts are featured.
Now a recording came out with Luke Stoltman saying how Colin wants to build the "Stoltman Brand" and supposedly built the show around their strengths.

The guy (Mark Boyd) who released the call just got fired from WUS (World Ultimate Strongman) and it was sort of a dick move to record Luke, but people should also be upset with what was said on that tape. (Admitting favoritism, etc).

Interesting... (Thor was the only one to speak out publicly about it in the past, others have complained, just not on the record as they fear being left out)
Thor has a ton of money and could give 2-fucks...

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2022, 12:14:48 AM »
A Brian Shaw eating video from 2017 - wow, talk about a massive caloric intake.

Brian says eating is the hardest part, and that makes sense...and this is all the difference [IMO] that makes heavyweight strongman training so much harder than lightweight strongman training:

A person could literally eat under 25% of these calories and make progress in the lighter weight categories. The hard training subjective intensity is there, but there is nowhere NEAR this level of pressure to eat. Not even close!

I like everything about training, but basically like nothing about eating - truly if it wasn't for function, I would not do it.

On top of that, heavier weight strongmen need to weigh much more and take much more gear to. That's just pressure all around.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2022, 09:39:41 AM »
Mitch Hooper from Canada wins the 1st event of the finals. He won just about every event in his group leading up to this.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2022, 01:31:29 AM »

WORLD RECORD: Flintstone Barbell | 2022  (541 lbs from behind the neck, pretty amazing):

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2022, 01:50:34 AM »
WORLD RECORD: Flintstone Barbell | 2022  (541 lbs from behind the neck, pretty amazing):

What?! 541-lb? Is that a typo? Lol.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2022, 02:12:30 AM »
Insane.  That's not far from the clean and jerk world record, which is 588 pounds.

But the Olympic lift ain't from behind the neck, and those guys are hyper-specialized in that lift.

That's a legit world-class lift from Novikov, even by OL standards.  If he gives up strongman and goes into OL, he'll probably break records.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2022, 04:23:52 AM »
Last day of the contest, so far Novikov in the lead.

I can see Shaw winning the bus-pull, being the biggest by far.
But you never can tell.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2022, 05:02:11 AM »
Tom is going to win pretty easily after day 2 events.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2022, 05:05:04 AM »
Last day of the contest, so far Novikov in the lead.

I can see Shaw winning the bus-pull, being the biggest by far.
But you never can tell.

Out of curiosity, do you know what Brian Shaw is weighing lately? I'm sure he's around 400-lb, but I'm just wondering because I fear for his health.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2022, 09:18:42 AM »
Out of curiosity, do you know what Brian Shaw is weighing lately? I'm sure he's around 400-lb, but I'm just wondering because I fear for his health.

Shaws close to 400, unsure of exact weight. Novikov (probably the smallest guy there) smoked everyone in bus-pull.
I can Novikov winning power-stairs and top-2 or 3 in stones.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2022, 10:16:15 AM »
I think Luke has been told to hold back after his recording was leaked about him being paid and gifted the competition by Colin Bryce in return for not competing at WUS. Bet he regrets saying that the 2017 WSM was fixed for Eddie Hall to win in return for Eddie promoting Giants Live at the expense of Thor.

nerdoldnerdith

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2022, 11:21:13 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised it if they rigged it for Novikov this year to maximize gayness and supporting the current thing.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2022, 11:46:39 AM »
looks like Tom is going to win.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2022, 11:48:39 AM »
Tom is going to win pretty easily after day 2 events.

As per instructions from Colin.
The Events are selected to help the chances of who they want to Win.