Author Topic: The 2022 World’s Strongest Man  (Read 4884 times)

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
The 2022 World’s Strongest Man
« on: May 20, 2022, 12:50:06 PM »
https://barbend.com/how-to-watch-2022-worlds-strongest-man/

Sucks that WSM still treats this as a "TV Show" and doesnt allowing streaming, etc. But I always look FWD to this.
(People post clips online at least and there's a yearly Google-Doc spreadsheet that tracks results (sort of) real-time)...

I'd bet on Martins winning this year if I were a gambler. Hoping Matt's pal Maxime does well again this year.

2022 WSM Roster

Pavlo Kordiyaka (Ukraine)
Rob Kearney (USA)
Gabriel Peña (Mexico)
Kelvin de Ruiter (Netherlands)
Kim Ujarak (Greenland)
Maxime Boudreault (Canada)
Mark Felix (UK)
Pa O’Dwyer (Ireland)
Shane Flowers (UK)
Jean-Stephen Coraboeuf (Australia)
Bobby Thompson (USA)
Aivars Smaukstelis (Latvia)
Adam Bishop (UK)
Evan Singleton (USA)
Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted (Iceland)
Konstantine Janashia (Georgia)
Trey Mitchell (USA)
Mika Törrö (Finland)
Luke Stoltman (UK)
Brian Shaw (USA)
Tom Stoltman (UK) — Reigning WSM Champion

Gabriel Rheaume (Canada)
Martins Licis (USA)
Gavin Bilton (UK)
Oleksii Novikov (Ukraine)
Kevin Faires (USA)
Nedžmin Ambešković (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Grzegorz Szymanski
Mitchell Hooper (Canada)
Manuel Angulo (Chile)

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: The 2022 World’s Strongest Man
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 01:57:49 PM »
I'd like to see Martins win too.

Also the Stoltman brothers are good people and i'd like to see them do well.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 02:28:51 PM »
I just saw Max.

This is likely the best I've seen him. At least for overhead presses. That should be half the show right there. His deadlift strength is also such where he will get points - where he falls on the list hard to say, but he won't zero any deadlift events - barring injury, or some other unexpected issue.

Max is approximately twice my strength right now, lol. That's due to the plandemic/joke, but Max is STRONG.

He may get another podium finish. With Tom Stoltman competing...I can't see Max getting better than 2nd. No disrespect to Max, but...just saying, Tom is excellent, and seems to be healthy [uninjured] right now.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 03:37:41 PM »
Who is strongest on getbig?

MattC has to be up there for traditional strongman movements.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 03:59:07 PM »

Fortress ranks up there, ive seen his sick squat vids...

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2022, 04:47:12 PM »

Hey, thanks Hulkotron!

This board can sometimes be weird, when people say Morgan Aste "sucks", when he is like 6'3" and 360-lb and ripped.

I lose touch slightly with reality with some of the comments and claims on here. That's why I was taken aback when I placed 3rd in my weight class in my first Strongman contest. It was the claims/lies on the boards that made me lose sight of how strong I actually was.

That being - for my weight class. I am competitive in my weight class, but I compete in the lightest class [u-80kg / 176-lb]. But as I've said, I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, which always stops me from going over 185. I have no delusions of being strong compared to 250+ pound men...but for my size, I am competitive.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdzEcekASYH/

Here's an old video, which is a good lift for 157 [I tried cutting to get leaner, but I literally just lost muscle - I just can't seem to get very lean, but I am a touch of hypothyroidism]:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdzFS71AW89/

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2022, 06:27:37 PM »
I think Martins finally has his nerve damage sorted out and will return to the form that won him the WSM

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2022, 12:26:43 AM »
I think Martins finally has his nerve damage sorted out and will return to the form that won him the WSM

He just won that Rogue event, and looked amazing doing it.  He's at another level...

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2022, 10:22:52 AM »
Shaws getting pieced-up in his group (thus far), new-comer Mitch Hooper (Canada) is tearing it up (so far).

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2022, 11:23:50 AM »
I'd like to see Martins win too.

Also the Stoltman brothers are good people and i'd like to see them do well.
Licis added quite a bit of mass the past few years and he might very well take it again. Notice how he has his arm in the air and making a number one sign in this lineup photo.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2022, 11:37:20 AM »
Shaws getting pieced-up in his group (thus far), new-comer Mitch Hooper (Canada) is tearing it up (so far).

I'm sorry, but...Mark Felix is beating Brian Shaw?  ???

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2022, 12:11:12 PM »
Licis added quite a bit of mass the past few years and he might very well take it again. Notice how he has his arm in the air and making a number one sign in this lineup photo.

Yeah he looks huge!

I knew he took some time off and glad he came back strong.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2022, 12:40:16 PM »

I imagine Hazbin would crush most on here.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2022, 12:56:19 PM »
I imagine Hazbin would crush most on here.

Fortress would out squat most...

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2022, 01:27:56 PM »

I thought he looked kinda dad-bodish for awhile there and now I saw a video of him and he was jacked the hell up. Really "geared up" recently. Still not a bb type body but you could clearly see the heavy androgen action.

Some polish guy on a forum said this was Pudz stack daily: 300mg tren, 6 Anadrol plus 30iu growth. Could be, strongmen do heavy heavy stacks, last days before comps it can be sickening.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2022, 01:00:16 PM »

Looks like (All qualified for the finals):

T. Stoltman
M. Hooper
Novikov
Martins
L. Stoltman

The winner of the "Stone-Off" will decide who else will go from each group.

Mitchell vs. Bishop
Faires vs. Rheaume
Thompson vs. Shaw
Maxime vs/ Kordiyaka
Melsted vs. Coco (Coraboeuf)

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2022, 01:38:29 PM »
I thought he looked kinda dad-bodish for awhile there and now I saw a video of him and he was jacked the hell up. Really "geared up" recently. Still not a bb type body but you could clearly see the heavy androgen action.

Some polish guy on a forum said this was Pudz stack daily: 300mg tren, 6 Anadrol plus 30iu growth. Could be, strongmen do heavy heavy stacks, last days before comps it can be sickening.

I knew a lot of power lifters who would take 200mg of Drol ED for a few weeks before a meet.

Mostly the heavyweight guys who didn't worry so much about bodyweight.

300mg of Tren is a lot but doesn't surprise me.

The strongest guy i ever knew personally only used Test and Drol, would go up to 5g's Test a week before a meet with 3-4 Abombs a day.

Saw this guy pull 765 like it was nothing. He was a monster. 6'3" and well over 300 pounds. And he wasn't fat.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2022, 01:40:01 PM »
Looks like (All qualified for the finals):

T. Stoltman
M. Hooper
Novikov
Martins
L. Stoltman

The winner of the "Stone-Off" will decide who else will go from each group.

Mitchell vs. Bishop
Faires vs. Rheaume
Thompson vs. Shaw
Maxime vs/ Kordiyaka
Melsted vs. Coco (Coraboeuf)

Looking good! Hopefully Shaw makes it in. Thompson is a beast though.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2022, 02:00:06 PM »

It's not so unusual for Strongmen to have Dad-bods. I'm more surprised when that's not the case, lol!

Wtf? LOL!

6x A50's?

I looked my best ever off one half of one every SECOND day!

So...12.5mg daily [25mg every second day], for 30 days.

My friend said the sweet spot was 100mg daily.

Even adding one pill, and going to 150mg daily, just resulted in more side effects, he said.

That's also a heck of a lot of GH! Someone suspected Ronnie Coleman did 18 IU daily. Lastly, the Tren - don't most people take 200-30g of Tren per WEEK?!

Mariusz Pudzianowski did 300mg per DAY?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2022, 02:10:39 PM »
I knew a lot of power lifters who would take 200mg of Drol ED for a few weeks before a meet.

Mostly the heavyweight guys who didn't worry so much about bodyweight.

300mg of Tren is a lot but doesn't surprise me.

The strongest guy i ever knew personally only used Test and Drol, would go up to 5g's Test a week before a meet with 3-4 Abombs a day.

Saw this guy pull 765 like it was nothing. He was a monster. 6'3" and well over 300 pounds. And he wasn't fat.

After reading your post, I no longer want to run that wimpy cycle I was going to run. It just makes me sick to think about how much stuff these guys use.

It just kicks in my hypochondria.

What if I'm that ONE GUY who takes one A50 a day, and that starts causing protein to be excreted out of my urine?

I always worry about being that one rare guy, EVEN THOUGH IT IS COMPLETELY IRRATIONAL.

What if I'm that 1 in 30,000 who shoots his kidneys from a low amount of gear? I know I'll never be able to accept it if I do that. So I'm taking this extremely unlikely event and fixating on it.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2022, 02:12:54 PM »
It's not so unusual for Strongmen to have Dad-bods. I'm more surprised when that's not the case, lol!

Wtf? LOL!

6x A50's?

I looked my best ever off one half of one every SECOND day!

So...12.5mg daily [25mg every second day], for 30 days.

My friend said the sweet spot was 100mg daily.

Even adding one pill, and going to 150mg daily, just resulted in more side effects, he said.

That's also a heck of a lot of GH! Someone suspected Ronnie Coleman did 18 IU daily. Lastly, the Tren - don't most people take 200-30g of Tren per WEEK?!

Mariusz Pudzianowski did 300mg per DAY?
Indications for: ANADROL-50
Anemia caused by deficient red cell production. Acquired aplastic anemia, congenital anemia, myelofibrosis, and hypoplastic anemias due to myelotoxic drugs.

Adults and Children:
Individualized. 1–5mg/kg per day for at least 3–6 months; may attempt to lower dose or discontinue after remission. Congenital aplastic anemia: may need continued maintenance dose.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2022, 02:15:44 PM »
Indications for: ANADROL-50
Anemia caused by deficient red cell production. Acquired aplastic anemia, congenital anemia, myelofibrosis, and hypoplastic anemias due to myelotoxic drugs.

Adults and Children:
Individualized. 1–5mg/kg per day for at least 3–6 months; may attempt to lower dose or discontinue after remission. Congenital aplastic anemia: may need continued maintenance dose.

Holy shit.

Thanks for posting that, joswift!!

You have alleviated my fears somewhat for low doses of Anadrol.

I am just over 80kg. From what if says above, 80-400mg daily is fine. LOL...8x A50's daily?

Wow!

So looks like I can safely do 25mg for...could I go six weeks there?

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2022, 02:40:38 PM »
Looks like Shaw beat Thompson. Not sure why Bobby couldnt get even one ?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2022, 02:48:23 PM »
Looks like Shaw beat Thompson. Not sure why Bobby couldnt get even one ?

I can imagine why...

Firstly, Bobby is only about 6'0" right? If I recall correctly, the first platform to load the stone on is 72" [which is 6'0" - the same height as Bobby].

So if I had to guess...it was Bobby's height disadvantage that got him. Brian Shaw is not only 6'8.5", but he is incredible on stones. Strong - and, of course very tall, giving him that advantage as said.

Even at the Arnold Pro Strongman, where the stone lift is something like 44" with a much heavier stone, Brian would likely have beaten Bobby though, despite Bobby's raw power.

Tell me, Gym-Rat:

I thought Shaw was getting owned in this contest? So he managed to turn it all around?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2022, 02:48:56 PM »
After reading your post, I no longer want to run that wimpy cycle I was going to run. It just makes me sick to think about how much stuff these guys use.

It just kicks in my hypochondria.

What if I'm that ONE GUY who takes one A50 a day, and that starts causing protein to be excreted out of my urine?

I always worry about being that one rare guy, EVEN THOUGH IT IS COMPLETELY IRRATIONAL.

What if I'm that 1 in 30,000 who shoots his kidneys from a low amount of gear? I know I'll never be able to accept it if I do that. So I'm taking this extremely unlikely event and fixating on it.

As Jos posted it's very overrated on sides from Anadrol.

The horror stories you hear of guys having kidney problems from 50-100mg per day are bullshit.

They are taking much more than that and most likely more substances.

I once took 100mg per day for over 6 months.

Everything was fine and i was strong as fuck.

If you want to compete, you need to take a shitload of drugs.

That's what most people still do not understand about BBing, PLing and SM.

Just lift and have fun, no reason to destroy your health.

I've taken boatloads of AAS in my life and do not recommend you go down that path.

Thankfully my health has been great, but who knows.