Author Topic: Matt C. Cycle Update.  (Read 144790 times)

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
Re: Matt C. Cycle Update.
« Reply #1825 on: September 07, 2022, 08:05:24 PM »

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1826 on: September 07, 2022, 08:07:01 PM »
42% bodyfat and a 15-inch arm.

Maybe steroids don’t work as well as we all thought…

Cannons!!!!   Does the sun not shine in canada?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #1827 on: September 07, 2022, 08:10:09 PM »
Cannons!!!!   Does the sun not shine in canada?

BOOM!

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1828 on: September 07, 2022, 08:13:11 PM »
Very strong!

It is a pretty good set.  I certainly can't do that right now though, in fairness to moi ;), I have been unable to train since late '13 (long story).  But before that, I had a good twenty years' hard lifting under my belt, and I like to think I learned a little along the way.

So...for starters, let me back up:  when I call that a pretty good set, I don't mean that as a back-handed compliment.  It is more controlled than most benching I've seen over the years; typically, gym rats I know will bounce the bar off their chests and try to dry hump the ceiling, especially when they get into doing a few reps with 225-275ish.  And before I was sidelined, I saw an increasing number of stupid newbie jackoffs just doing the top half or maybe two-thirds of the ROM.

Also, the effort put forth was good.  In my parlance, I'd call that technical failure.

However, for someone who constantly whines about lack of pecs as Matt does, I would have approached that set differently.

One, strip the weight to no more than 225.  185 would be even better to start because it'd give more room to add weight to the bar before getting back into progressively lower, but still productive, TUT ranges.

Two, pause each rep on the chest as if each rep was being judged in a powerlifting meet.

Three, lower the bar slower.  3 second negatives.

Four, only fully lock out those reps when nearing failure; otherwise, pause at the bottom, explode up just shy of lock out, then lower the fucker again.

~15 reps (or whatever) to near failure/going to the point you can't get another without help is plenty.  A drop set to 135 for less strict, rapid-fire reps to really flush your pecs with a great pump would be all I'd do for flat benching.

Go on to a couple of hard sets of a pec deck, but again, do them RIGHT.  I told you this weeks ago, Matt, and I ain't trying to be mean, but you filmed yourself doing a set of a machine fly motion.  I think you said you were using the stack on that thing?

Wes and I both tried to correct your horrid form on that machine.  You were doing partial reps AND hunching forward on every rep to boot!

Reduce the weight a LOT, get a good stretch at the bottom, and hold it for a couple of seconds, focusing on squeezing your pecs together...and for God's sake, when you're on the thing, Matt, keep your scapula back and try to point your chest to, again, the ceiling!

Two sets to failure, or one with a drop set.

Depending on training frequency, I'd do more than 3 or 4 such very hard sets twice/week, not including warm-up sets of course.  On a once weekly schedule, I'd throw in dips for sure, though I think it's best to combine pecs and tris in so doing.

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1829 on: September 07, 2022, 08:15:57 PM »

BOOM!

I donot understand that pic??? What is that showing off?  Did he do that to his hair on purpose?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #1830 on: September 07, 2022, 08:22:17 PM »
I donot understand that pic??? What is that showing off?  Did he do that to his hair on purpose?

“You know, Louie, you look like something Michelangelo carved out.“

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1831 on: September 07, 2022, 08:25:31 PM »
It is a pretty good set.  I certainly can't do that right now though, in fairness to moi ;), I have been unable to train since late '13 (long story).  But before that, I had a good twenty years' hard lifting under my belt, and I like to think I learned a little along the way.

So...for starters, let me back up:  when I call that a pretty good set, I don't mean that as a back-handed compliment.  It is more controlled than most benching I've seen over the years; typically, gym rats I know will bounce the bar off their chests and try to dry hump the ceiling, especially when they get into doing a few reps with 225-275ish.  And before I was sidelined, I saw an increasing number of stupid newbie jackoffs just doing the top half or maybe two-thirds of the ROM.

Also, the effort put forth was good.  In my parlance, I'd call that technical failure.

However, for someone who constantly whines about lack of pecs as Matt does, I would have approached that set differently.

One, strip the weight to no more than 225.  185 would be even better to start because it'd give more room to add weight to the bar before getting back into progressively lower, but still productive, TUT ranges.

Two, pause each rep on the chest as if each rep was being judged in a powerlifting meet.

Three, lower the bar slower.  3 second negatives.

Four, only fully lock out those reps when nearing failure; otherwise, pause at the bottom, explode up just shy of lock out, then lower the fucker again.

~15 reps (or whatever) to near failure/going to the point you can't get another without help is plenty.  A drop set to 135 for less strict, rapid-fire reps to really flush your pecs with a great pump would be all I'd do for flat benching.

Go on to a couple of hard sets of a pec deck, but again, do them RIGHT.  I told you this weeks ago, Matt, and I ain't trying to be mean, but you filmed yourself doing a set of a machine fly motion.  I think you said you were using the stack on that thing?

Wes and I both tried to correct your horrid form on that machine.  You were doing partial reps AND hunching forward on every rep to boot!

Reduce the weight a LOT, get a good stretch at the bottom, and hold it for a couple of seconds, focusing on squeezing your pecs together...and for God's sake, when you're on the thing, Matt, keep your scapula back and try to point your chest to, again, the ceiling!

Two sets to failure, or one with a drop set.

Depending on training frequency, I'd do more than 3 or 4 such very hard sets twice/week, not including warm-up sets of course.  On a once weekly schedule, I'd throw in dips for sure, though I think it's best to combine pecs and tris in so doing.

All great advice and yes,we offered our opinion to no avail.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #1832 on: September 07, 2022, 08:27:17 PM »
All great advice sand yes,we offered our opinion to no avail.

BOOM!

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1833 on: September 07, 2022, 08:31:18 PM »
All great advice sand yes,we offered our opinion to no avail.

The problem is that you didn’t present your advice in the form of a 3 page rambling, incoherent essay

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1834 on: September 07, 2022, 08:33:17 PM »
The problem is that you didn’t present your advice in the form of a 3 page rambling, incoherent essay
What was I thinking?  ;D

Matts posts are like the novel War & Peace.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1835 on: September 07, 2022, 08:50:58 PM »
42% bodyfat and a 15-inch arm.

Maybe steroids don’t work as well as we all thought…

I'm too much of a health pussy to run a real cycle.

I wanted a little boost - and I got exactly that. I don't want to start pissing blood when I get to be your age, and have to live with regret that my youthful choices caused that. So I hold back.

But don't kid yourself - I'd be out-weighing your ass if I did.

Walter, here's something you're familiar with.

"Swimmers on your mark. Get ready, set..."

**TWEET!!!**

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1836 on: September 07, 2022, 08:52:45 PM »
Matt you comparing drug cycles with Art Arwood
is akin to Hanky saying he looks better than Zane did and that he`d kick Mike Tysons ass......it`s a ridiculous comparison.

Yes.

I fear for my health.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #1837 on: September 07, 2022, 09:05:46 PM »
Matt, how will you deal with the next mostly likely course of events which will be you losing some of that muscle mass, but still keeping that fat and sogginess? What are your plans going forward?

Also do you prefer fat matt or mattitties?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #1838 on: September 07, 2022, 09:27:51 PM »
I'm too much of a health pussy to run a real cycle.

I wanted a little boost - and I got exactly that. I don't want to start pissing blood when I get to be your age, and have to live with regret that my youthful choices caused that. So I hold back.

But don't kid yourself - I'd be out-weighing your ass if I did.

Walter, here's something you're familiar with.

"Swimmers on your mark. Get ready, set..."

**TWEET!!!**

MATTY TITTIES!

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #1839 on: September 07, 2022, 09:30:41 PM »
Matt, how will you deal with the next mostly likely course of events which will be you losing some of that muscle mass, but still keeping that fat and sogginess? What are your plans going forward?

That’s a deep belly button.

Joshie Rehaluk will get at least 80% of his dick inside that.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1840 on: September 07, 2022, 09:39:32 PM »
Walter Sobchak - check out the improvements I made to my rear lat spread. Before and after.

Very Ronnie Coleman-esque:

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1841 on: September 07, 2022, 10:00:01 PM »

Great post.

The only solution I have is cutting to 165-175, while I will be lean but small. It makes sense that I won't be able to keep the size...so if I could reduce body fat, that would be ideal.

My deficit is diet, not training.

I hate to eat.

I have established that if I eat sufficient protein, I can make progress, but I hate to eat.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #1843 on: September 08, 2022, 05:31:13 AM »
Walter Sobchak - check out the improvements I made to my rear lat spread. Before and after.

Very Ronnie Coleman-esque:

Lats like Jorma Raty!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1844 on: September 08, 2022, 07:09:23 AM »
That`s totally reasonable and easily achievable with cardio which you should ALWAYS be doing.....I fucked up and can`t anymore like the fucking idiot I am......my own fault though so I can`t cry about it.

This may be the ideal solution for me.

MCWAY suggests steroids are unhealthy, yet thinks carrying around 50-lb more body weight than I do for decades on end is a good thing.  ::)

I'm thinking I'll just drop to 170, and get as lean as possible. This is the only thing I can think of that allows me to improve my physique while not compromising my physique - or even potentially improve it.

I've had perfect health markers my entire life. I'm not willing to compromise that for appearance. Natural bodybuilding may not be AS risky, but natural bodybuilding is useless.

Regarding health - wes, remember when you had to acknowledge that smoking caused your tumor, before it went away?

For that moment in time, didn't it suck knowing you took potentially 20 years off your life because of your individual choices?

Way too many people drop dead in their forties for seemingly no reason for me to take risks. That's why I did this minor cycle as a one-off. I had zero side effects, and it is my hope that because I had zero side effects physically, I had zero systemic health side effects to any of my organs.

I hope.

*IF* I choose to do some more health tests in the next year, and ALL the results are still perfect [minus out of whack testosterone levels, which I can tolerate], then I *MAY* be willing to run a real cycle next year.

May.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1845 on: September 08, 2022, 07:12:58 AM »

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1846 on: September 08, 2022, 10:18:16 AM »
This may be the ideal solution for me.

MCWAY suggests steroids are unhealthy, yet thinks carrying around 50-lb more body weight than I do for decades on end is a good thing.  ::)

Yet, you are daft enough to think fluctuating bodyweights, coupled with anabolic steroids, is a good thing. My physician gave me a clean bill of health and has done so for years.

I'm thinking I'll just drop to 170, and get as lean as possible. This is the only thing I can think of that allows me to improve my physique while not compromising my physique - or even potentially improve it.

I've had perfect health markers my entire life. I'm not willing to compromise that for appearance. Natural bodybuilding may not be AS risky, but natural bodybuilding is useless.

Hardly! It's "useless" to you because natural bodybuilding, as it were, REVOLVES AROUND YOUR BIGGEST WEAKNESS: DIET!!

Regarding health - wes, remember when you had to acknowledge that smoking caused your tumor, before it went away?

For that moment in time, didn't it suck knowing you took potentially 20 years off your life because of your individual choices?

Way too many people drop dead in their forties for seemingly no reason for me to take risks. That's why I did this minor cycle as a one-off. I had zero side effects, and it is my hope that because I had zero side effects physically, I had zero systemic health side effects to any of my organs.

I hope.

*IF* I choose to do some more health tests in the next year, and ALL the results are still perfect [minus out of whack testosterone levels, which I can tolerate], then I *MAY* be willing to run a real cycle next year.

May.

In other words, you're going to engage effectively in yo-yo dieting and incorporate steroids (particularly, the harshest ones on the body and the ones where the gains disappear when the usage stops).

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1847 on: September 08, 2022, 10:37:42 AM »

YouTube FitnessByMatt

« Reply #1836 on: September 07, 2022, 11:52:45 PM »
Matt you comparing drug cycles with Art Arwood is akin to Hanky saying he looks better than Zane did and that he`d kick Mike Tysons ass......it`s a ridiculous comparison.

Yes.

I fear for my health.

I thought you attended university ???

You`re comparing your intake to a 300 pound Art Atwood..........I think it would be safe to assume that Art used a bit more than 12.5 mgs. of Anadrol..........guess what,YOU WIN............RIP !!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1848 on: September 08, 2022, 12:53:02 PM »
I thought you attended university ???

You`re comparing your intake to a 300 pound Art Atwood..........I think it would be safe to assume that Art used a bit more than 12.5 mgs. of Anadrol..........guess what,YOU WIN............RIP !!

Yet, flip-flopping between 170 and 210, year after year (with not-so-liver-friendly anabolics in the mix) doesn't bother him a bit.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #1849 on: September 08, 2022, 01:54:22 PM »
So Matt put on a little too much fluff. Well everyone claims HGH keeps you lean and Matt claims to be independently wealthy why dont we put this rat on the HGH? He doesn’t want to lose his hair and hgh will not cause hair loss or oily skin sounds like a win win plan??