Author Topic: Matt C. Cycle Update.  (Read 144815 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Matt C. Cycle Update.
« Reply #1975 on: September 15, 2022, 09:52:05 AM »
And that means lifting heavy weight for MULTIPLE REPS, with the PECS doing the lion's share of the work. It also means other chest exercises (i.e. incline presses, weighted dips).

How many times have we tried to drive that message home?

I`m out,let him start another marathon thread with mega marathons posts along with the dumbest drug "cycle" I`ve ever seen posted here on getbig in over 20 years.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1976 on: September 15, 2022, 09:56:14 AM »
My chest is tight,shaped well,and delineated and I`m 67.....Gasparis pecs look flabby and his arms look like they are 12 inches.....can you say Palumboism.

That`s what these guys get when using boatloads of shit for decades like they`re never gonna` age.......well some age underground from said boatloads.......RIP to the fallen.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1977 on: September 15, 2022, 09:58:01 AM »
You will never learn proper  form or technique because you are too much of an ego lifter to drop the weight down and learn you are not doing it right

says the man chasing a 400lb squat

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1978 on: September 15, 2022, 10:09:38 AM »
says the man chasing a 400lb squat
That he will never be able to do.   :D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #1979 on: September 15, 2022, 10:57:43 AM »
I'm an advocate of "proper" form but proper form is almost never the reason someone has a jacked bodypart. I've seen plenty of bounce pressers with massive tetonas. It's irritating but it comes down to genes as always. That doesn't mean don't hone you technique. Those of as who have been training for decades still make small bodily tweaks that aren't even observable to the naked eye.

As far as this balonie about Matt's supposedly unexistent chest. I don't care who disagrees with me, his chest fits the llrest of the body pretty well. And like he knows, it will only come up if the rest comes up att the same time. There is really very little "sculpting" in bodybuilding.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1980 on: September 15, 2022, 11:02:36 AM »
That he will never be able to do.   :D

Funny thing is a 400 pound squat, while difficult, isn't that big a deal if you train regularly! I first hit the squat rack at college, in the off season from cycling. I was able to squat 315 within 2 weeks of starting, for sets of 6-8. This was at the age of 20.  I hit 405 after 4-5 months, and that was my goal.

Why Brian can't hit that is beyond me.

My routine, btw, was the old add weight, lower reps method, over 4-6 sets. You know, 12-10-8-8-6, like that, once a week.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1981 on: September 15, 2022, 11:08:33 AM »
I'm an advocate of "proper" form but proper form is almost never the reason someone has a jacked bodypart. I've seen plenty of bounce pressers with massive tetonas. It's irritating but it comes down to genes as always. That doesn't mean don't hone you technique. Those of as who have been training for decades still make small bodily tweaks that aren't even observable to the naked eye.

As far as this balonie about Matt's supposedly unexistent chest. I don't care who disagrees with me, his chest fits the llrest of the body pretty well. And like he knows, it will only come up if the rest comes up att the same time. There is really very little "sculpting" in bodybuilding.

A lot of truth to that. I don't think anyone will ever prove conclusively that full range of motion, no bounce etc, really is needed to make a muscle grow to its genetic maximum.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #1982 on: September 15, 2022, 11:19:04 AM »

A lot of truth to that. I don't think anyone will ever prove conclusively that full range of motion, no bounce etc, really is needed to make a muscle grow to its genetic maximum.

Remember Jason Huh? He didn't need full range of motion.  :DIt might be ideal but not needed. A fatty who grew his calves by walking didn't need full range.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1983 on: September 15, 2022, 11:56:15 AM »

Funny thing is a 400 pound squat, while difficult, isn't that big a deal if you train regularly! I first hit the squat rack at college, in the off season from cycling. I was able to squat 315 within 2 weeks of starting, for sets of 6-8. This was at the age of 20.  I hit 405 after 4-5 months, and that was my goal.

Why Brian can't hit that is beyond me.

My routine, btw, was the old add weight, lower reps method, over 4-6 sets. You know, 12-10-8-8-6, like that, once a week.
I hear ya`,....that`s a great way to do it.

Bro,I did 405 weighing 165 pounds ass to the grass back in the 80`s.......also numerous sets in succession with 315 for 8-10 reps and I have stork legs.......but not for long.  :)

I never was training for it,me and my cousins had a great leg day going and we all hit 405 for a single......it was never a specific goal.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1984 on: September 15, 2022, 01:11:13 PM »
Fucking horrific form.

Actually agree with Half Rep Hankins.

You can barely press the weight up with out your arms shaking like you have Parkinson's.

What the does that have to do with anything?  ???

People shake during heavy lifts. That in itself isn't a form error:

https://strengthisfirst.com/training/shaking-while-deadlifting

Exactly how much lower could I possibly go down?

The dumbbells are tilted, but this is more or less a full range of motion. As for "shaking" on the way up - shaking doesn't ever disqualify a full rep from being counted in Strongman.

Anyway, I don't take B. Hank seriously on form comments after he called my previous seated dumbbell press bad form. This is pretty good form - not perfect, but pretty good - and very strong:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdzEcekASYH/

Or *strong for 170. But I'd say strong in general.

The form there is fine - not perfect, but perfectly fine.

The form below is less good, but still almost as low as I would be willing to go on dumbbell press.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1985 on: September 15, 2022, 01:34:13 PM »
B. Hank - what do you think of Eddie Hall's form?:

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1986 on: September 15, 2022, 01:50:13 PM »
You would be better off with 50's doing good reps for 10x - 12x.   

What the does that have to do with anything?  ???

People shake during heavy lifts. That in itself isn't a form error:

https://strengthisfirst.com/training/shaking-while-deadlifting

Exactly how much lower could I possibly go down?

The dumbbells are tilted, but this is more or less a full range of motion. As for "shaking" on the way up - shaking doesn't ever disqualify a full rep from being counted in Strongman.

Anyway, I don't take B. Hank seriously on form comments after he called my previous seated dumbbell press bad form. This is pretty good form - not perfect, but pretty good - and very strong:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdzEcekASYH/

Or *strong for 170. But I'd say strong in general.

The form there is fine - not perfect, but perfectly fine.

The form below is less good, but still almost as low as I would be willing to go on dumbbell press.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1987 on: September 15, 2022, 01:57:44 PM »
You would be better off with 50's doing good reps for 10x - 12x.

Yea, for bodybuilding.

But the Canadian pressing records in my weight class are pretty low.

I have a real chance of breaking the Circus Dumbbell record in Canada at 80-kg.

So I just try to get at least 50% heavy sets in.

If I fix my diet, I will drop the weight. I don't see a point in training perfectly to build muscle if you aren't eating sufficient protein. I did eat enough - but that was for my cycle. A summer only cycle.

Now that it's over, I'm going to train for strength - at least for now.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #1988 on: September 15, 2022, 01:58:14 PM »
Your form is not fine it’s fucking horrible you ask how many inches lower you could possible for and the answer is a godamn foot your are not even close to a full rep and for fuck sake stop bending your wrist

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1989 on: September 15, 2022, 01:59:54 PM »
What are your goals here?

Just to point out that this piece of shit is lying.

Lying fucks like him aren't contributing to the board when they lie. It gives the wrong impression. People would assume deadlifting 500 is no big deal, listening to that moron talk.

I am in the top 0.1% of human strength. People reading this should know that, because it's reality.

Or conversely, that moron can just shut the fuck up. Saying nothing is also ok.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1990 on: September 15, 2022, 02:00:35 PM »
Your form is not fine it’s fucking horrible you ask how many inches lower you could possible for and the answer is a godamn foot your are not even close to a full rep and for fuck sake stop bending your wrist

Now review Eddie Hall's form:

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1991 on: September 15, 2022, 02:02:15 PM »

No shaking, constant tension, no lock perfect form.
Y

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1992 on: September 15, 2022, 02:05:07 PM »

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1993 on: September 15, 2022, 02:07:28 PM »

His elbows are below his shoulders yours are not even close

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1994 on: September 15, 2022, 02:09:46 PM »
No shaking, constant tension, no lock perfect form.

"Shaking" has nothing to do with completing a full rep.

So to be clear here - you don't agree with B. Hank that Eddie Hall should go down an additional foot to make those reps count?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1995 on: September 15, 2022, 02:15:02 PM »
"Shaking" has nothing to do with completing a full rep.

So to be clear here - you don't agree with B. Hank that Eddie Hall should go down an additional foot to make those reps count?

Eddie Hall is going a foot lower than you notice he doesnt bend his wrist and his elbows are tucked below his shoulders. His wrist a are shoulder level and as are the horizontal dumbells . Your elbows are shoulder level and your wrist  and the dumbells are at the top of your head without a wrist turning dip.

The fuck do you not understand?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1996 on: September 15, 2022, 02:15:18 PM »
His elbows are below his shoulders yours are not even close

Even on my worst two, my elbows are below my shoulders.

But what I was specifically wondering about is his upper range of motion.

Do you consider a rep to be completed when you haven't come close to locking it out?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #1997 on: September 15, 2022, 02:16:30 PM »

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1998 on: September 15, 2022, 02:17:53 PM »
Even on my worst two, my elbows are below my shoulders.

But what I was specifically wondering about is his upper range of motion.

Do you consider a rep to be completed when you haven't come close to locking it out?

Dude the fuck are you smoking your elbows are at your shoulder level you should bring your godamn wrist to shoulder level and the elbows below you are a full forearm length too high a godamn foot notice the dumbells are at the top of your head not your shoulders

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1999 on: September 15, 2022, 02:25:11 PM »
Eddie Hall is going a foot lower than you notice he doesnt bend his wrist and his elbows are tucked below his shoulders. His wrist a are shoulder level and as are the horizontal dumbells . Your elbows are shoulder level and your wrist  and the dumbells are at the top of your head without a wrist turning dip.

The fuck do you not understand?

Stop being an asshole. I could easily make fun of you for being bald, but I don't.

I'm respectfully asking questions, despite you being a piece of shit in response to my video, where I'm lifting more than you ever could, or ever have.

On some of my worst reps, yes, the dumbbell is higher up on my head. On about half of my reps, that is about as low as I'd wish to go.

On this one, there isn't a "foot" left to go down:

You could make an argument for a couple more inches there.

As for Eddie Hall - the OBVIOUS thing I was pointing to is that he doesn't come REMOTELY close to locking out.

That's MY issue - and the FUCKING OBVIOUS ISSUE. Eddie is claiming a massive number of reps on a lift where not one single rep was locked out. That's like me bench pressing 225, going 2/3 of the way up, and claiming 40 reps.

My issue is him claiming so many reps, with not one being locked out.

Here is the best one of Eddie's reps I could find versus my first three reps - so you give no regard to lockout when you lift, B. Hank? You just totally ignored Eddue missed that every single time, then claimed 25 reps?