Author Topic: Matt C. Cycle Update.  (Read 144703 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Matt C. Cycle Update.
« Reply #2225 on: September 19, 2022, 06:24:29 AM »
2 slap labrum repairs and the bone socket on the left side is breaking down both sides have been operated on they actually surgically cut a tendon on the left side last time they went in to clean up the debris. I have learned to train smarter

Please don't let matt's challenges distract you.  Full ROM sets of 25 with 75lb dumbbells video please.

Would be incredible feat of strength to shut up the haters.
Y

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2226 on: September 19, 2022, 06:28:44 AM »
2 slap labrum repairs and the bone socket on the left side is breaking down both sides have been operated on they actually surgically cut a tendon on the left side last time they went in to clean up the debris. I have learned to train smarter

Ok - then post a vid of you doing 25 reps x 75.

Dumbbell presses create a shitload of instability and can easily reinjure the tendons of the shoulder in a heartbeat.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2227 on: September 19, 2022, 06:29:01 AM »
So just to be clear Matt you are declining the strength challenge of a 1 rep max ATG squat today? After declaring yourself stronger and talking shit about how easy to would be for you you are in fact declining the lifting challenge? Because you make these ridiculous challenges to everyone who questions your form or strength or diet everyday but not that someone has accepted you claim you can’t squat at all???? You know I have titanium bolts in both knees yet you are the one claiming you can’t squat after telling us all you can get 2 reps with 385lbs ATG? Now you admit you can’t even get 225lbs atg becasue you can’t squat at all? Like I said you have never done an ATG squat and don’t know how you can’t get 225lbs ATG much less 385lbs for 2 reps so shit the fuck up about your bulslhit super human strength when you can’t do real reps with anything as you don’t train proper and don’t know the mechanics

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2228 on: September 19, 2022, 06:34:25 AM »
B. Hank - I implore you to go on YouTube and find ANY videos of someone dumbbell pressing 100+ pound dumbbells with better form than I did. Maybe one in FIVE videos do it with better form than me.

So once again - I have NO IDEA what you are talking about to shit-talk my form. My form, while obviously not perfect, is really not THAT bad. Not great - but certainly not bad. And my range of motion is above average when compared to videos from YouTube fitness influencers using comparable weight:

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2229 on: September 19, 2022, 06:38:26 AM »
And yet again, B. Hank - here are more videos of people shoulder pressing 100+ pound dumbbells, and almost all of them use a shorter range of motion than I do. So AGAIN, I have no idea what you are talking about to say my form I bad. My form is PERFECTLY FINE. In fact - it's above average. I searched for literally every video on YouTube of people pressing 100+ pound dumbbells overhead. And the overwhelming majority of those lifting them had worse form than mine.

Go to the 4 minute mark:

Go to 4:20:

Go to 3:33:

^ Numerous sets they do are done with a limited range of motion.

George Leeman had the best form, and got 38 reps:

But I get it, B. Hank - I'm stronger than you, so you need to talk shit. Well, guess what? This wasn't a competition! I was simply posting an update showing roughly where my strength was at. After all, gyms were closed here for two years.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2230 on: September 19, 2022, 06:40:05 AM »
Sounds like prime's getting more videos.

;D ;D ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2231 on: September 19, 2022, 06:41:07 AM »
He couldn`t do 75 full ROM DB presses with the 25 pounders.....never mind reversing the numbers.

I bet he won`t film the above statement^^^^^.....he`s video happy unless it makes him look dumber.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2232 on: September 19, 2022, 06:45:25 AM »
B. Hank - I implore you to go on YouTube and find ANY videos of someone dumbbell pressing 100+ pound dumbbells with better form than I did. Maybe one in FIVE videos do it with better form than me.

So once again - I have NO IDEA what you are talking about to shit-talk my form. My form, while obviously not perfect, is really not THAT bad. Not great - but certainly not bad. And my range of motion is above average when compared to videos from YouTube fitness influencers using comparable weight:

I made a video that everyone agreed with explaining exactly what you were doing wrong so yeah you do know your ego just can’t admit it. Pretending that is a shoulder press is liek pretending that other video you posted is a squat stop bullshitting and do the exercises correctly or you will never progress it doesn’t matter if you lift 1000lbs sloppy with a half range of motion what can you actually lift correctly??? Nothing nada zilch because you have never learned proper form on anything who the fuck lifts for 20 years with their wrist bent sideways you don’t know basic 101 lifting

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2233 on: September 19, 2022, 06:48:45 AM »
You are not stronger if you are then film your atv squat with 315 today I have posted mine you can’t do it Why the first week of January why not today?? And fuck no you don’t get to do soemthing other than squats you claim you can ATG 405lbs no problem I say you can’t ATG 315lbs no other exercise is going to prove you can ATG squat other than an ATG squat let’s see it I don’t think you can ATG 225lbs

And max reps? I thought you wanted to compare strength is this a cardio competition now??

Well - I can do a 360 ATG squat no problem.

It's similar to deadlift. Right off couch [I'm on the couch right now watching a movie called "Leatherface", but IMO, the first two Texas Chainsaw movies were much better], I could deadlift 450.

But I can also deadlift 500-525 range. BUT...that's not a lift I just want to jump right into.

Old bones and old bodies don't heal as quickly. Heaven forbid I pull something - not good.

I am glad you are talking about 315 ATG being a good squat. It is a good squat. It's damn good!

My lifetime max is 385x2, and people on here trash me for being weak on the squat. But WTF is so weak about that?

I'll admit, my legs are my personal weak point, but I really see no shame in squatting 385x2.

Also, I should say I can squat ATG 340-360, literally off the couch.

Give me four weeks of training squat each week, and I could do a 405 single.

Question, B. Hank:

Why do you think I can't squat 315, when I can leg press over 1,000?

I mean, 1,000 would convert to about 300-350, would it not?

So I could see why you would disbelieve me claiming a 405 squat, but why 315?

I also said above it would take me a month to get go 405, safely. Maybe not a month...maybe 6 weeks. Possibly more.

However, as I said, I hate squatting.

Why can't you settle for me doing, say, 1,100-lb leg presses, for...say 8-10 reps?

Surely that is roughly equal to 405?

No?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2234 on: September 19, 2022, 06:51:00 AM »
I made a video that everyone agreed with explaining exactly what you were doing wrong so yeah you do know your ego just can’t admit it. Pretending that is a shoulder press is liek pretending that other video you posted is a squat stop bullshitting and do the exercises correctly or you will never progress it doesn’t matter if you lift 1000lbs sloppy with a half range of motion what can you actually lift correctly??? Nothing nada zilch because you have never learned proper form on anything who the fuck lifts for 20 years with their wrist bent sideways you don’t know basic 101 lifting

I agree my form was off. It wasn't perfect. It wasn't that bad though.

Question, B. Hank:

Why don't you review the form of the other lifters, in the videos above?

So you trash form, but you won't acknowledge that my form is above average compared to most shoulder pressing videos online?

?

Furthermore, would you say a person is strong if they can do half reps with the 110's for overhead presses?

?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2235 on: September 19, 2022, 06:59:59 AM »
Well - I can do a 360 ATG squat no problem.

It's similar to deadlift. Right off couch [I'm on the couch right now watching a movie called "Leatherface", but IMO, the first two Texas Chainsaw movies were much better], I could deadlift 450.

But I can also deadlift 500-525 range. BUT...that's not a lift I just want to jump right into.

Old bones and old bodies don't heal as quickly. Heaven forbid I pull something - not good.

I am glad you are talking about 315 ATG being a good squat. It is a good squat. It's damn good!

My lifetime max is 385x2, and people on here trash me for being weak on the squat. But WTF is so weak about that?

I'll admit, my legs are my personal weak point, but I really see no shame in squatting 385x2.

Also, I should say I can squat ATG 340-360, literally off the couch.

Give me four weeks of training squat each week, and I could do a 405 single.

Question, B. Hank:

Why do you think I can't squat 315, when I can leg press over 1,000?

I mean, 1,000 would convert to about 300-350, would it not?

So I could see why you would disbelieve me claiming a 405 squat, but why 315?

I also said above it would take me a month to get go 405, safely. Maybe not a month...maybe 6 weeks. Possibly more.

However, as I said, I hate squatting.

Why can't you settle for me doing, say, 1,100-lb leg presses, for...say 8-10 reps?

Surely that is roughly equal to 405?

No?

Ok I will make it easy for you then since you say you can do a 360 ATG squat today no problem how about 345lbs today ATG we both do it and both post a video then let the board vote who did it better?? You want to claim you are stronger prove it. I am giving you my crippled polio legs to compete against being the strongest 170lber in western Ontario it should be no problem for you yes?

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #2236 on: September 19, 2022, 07:02:11 AM »
Matt i don't think those other leg exercises translate well to an ATG squat. It might be hard to estimate what you could do on that exercise without trying it first.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #2237 on: September 19, 2022, 07:53:31 AM »
Matt is strong.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2238 on: September 19, 2022, 08:14:43 AM »
Ok I will make it easy for you then since you say you can do a 360 ATG squat today no problem how about 345lbs today ATG we both do it and both post a video then let the board vote who did it better?? You want to claim you are stronger prove it. I am giving you my crippled polio legs to compete against being the strongest 170lber in western Ontario it should be no problem for you yes?

We've seen your squat.

Please post video of 20-25 full ROM overhead presses with the 75s.

Much more impressive.
Y

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2239 on: September 19, 2022, 08:20:01 AM »
We've seen your squat.

Please post video of 20-25 full ROM overhead presses with the 75s.

Much more impressive.

Today is squat day

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2240 on: September 19, 2022, 08:21:40 AM »

Today is squat day

So we'll get the shoulder press video later this week?
Y

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2241 on: September 19, 2022, 08:52:21 AM »

Show me yours and I will show you mine

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2242 on: September 19, 2022, 08:52:40 AM »
Yes why not,right along with the quad measurement lie claim.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2243 on: September 19, 2022, 09:00:44 AM »

I have made no such claims.

I too have a slap labrum tear in my right side, and have had two distal clavicle excisions, and subacromial decompressions.

So I tend to limit overhead presses to push presses, but now only neutral grip viking presses and rc work since the slap tear diagnosis.

I can say the only time I tried a 20 reps set was in like 2006 at work when we were talking shit, and I did 20 seated with the 50s, while my challenger did 2.

Since you are claiming to handle 75s with ease and full rom after all your injuries it would be super impressive.  Note I didn't not doubt you.

If I made any claims, I would have no problem being called out.

So, video of it later this week?
Y

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #2244 on: September 19, 2022, 09:02:10 AM »
Matt i don't think those other leg exercises translate well to an ATG squat. It might be hard to estimate what you could do on that exercise without trying it first.

I lounged in my pool yesterday and that translates to 405 x 10.

Apparently on Getbig the couch sitters (with TITTIES) can just claim whatever the fuck they want.

385 x 2 high bar, full depth squats would absolutely crush the lying little titty manlet Matt Canning.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #2245 on: September 19, 2022, 09:26:59 AM »

Hankins, how much do you bench?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2246 on: September 19, 2022, 09:44:38 AM »
Hankins, how much do you bench?

Prior to the last pec tear 365lbs or 350 for a double on video.  Now no idea I am not training low reps. I have a rather large tear in my pec and it’s not just one tear. Shoulders have had surgeries but no tear I always train in that range now but I rarely do dumbells shoulder presses anymore like maybe once a month

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #2247 on: September 19, 2022, 09:50:04 AM »
Prior to the last pec tear 365lbs or 350 for a double on video.  Now no idea I am not training low reps. I have a rather large tear in my pec and it’s not just one tear. Shoulders have had surgeries but no tear I always train in that range now but I rarely do dumbells shoulder presses anymore like maybe once a month

Smart...

Strong bench, I saw the video.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2248 on: September 19, 2022, 09:51:11 AM »

So who are you to criticize my form?

I've been to the hospital five times in my life. Two of which were for stitches. I've never broken a bone, and never had anything remotely close to a training injury.

In any case, my form is fine. You don't need to train with perfect textbook form every time. That's just nonsense to make people think they can do more to get better results, rather than  just acknowledge that their genetics are not good.

Furthermore, almost every shoulder pressing video online has worse form than mine.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2249 on: September 19, 2022, 09:56:16 AM »
So who are you to criticize my form?

I've been to the hospital five times in my life. Two of which were for stitches. I've never broken a bone, and never had anything remotely close to a training injury.

In any case, my form is fine. You don't need to train with perfect textbook form every time. That's just nonsense to make people think they can do more to get better results, rather than  just acknowledge that their genetics are not good.

Furthermore, almost every shoulder pressing video online has worse form than mine.

Your form sucks I explained why you only don’t get it becasue your ego refuses to accept the idea of using less weight and doing it correctly that is why your build sucks you are missing the stretch and contraction in the muscles as you dont use prior form