Author Topic: Matt C. Cycle Update.  (Read 144778 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Matt C. Cycle Update.
« Reply #2250 on: September 19, 2022, 09:57:24 AM »
He couldn`t do 75 full ROM DB presses with the 25 pounders.....never mind reversing the numbers.

I bet he won`t film the above statement^^^^^.....he`s video happy unless it makes him look dumber.

Great post, wes.

B. Hank has no problem posting videos, yet won't post any strength videos. That's because he does not lift what he claims.

Incidentally,  I could press the 75-lb dumbbells for around 15-18 reps using the form in my other video.

I'd be happy to post a video, but not if I have to hear from B. Hank about how i need to go a foot lower.  ::)

While I wouldn't be surprised if I got the 75's for 20...I would be surprised if I got 25.

I'm never going to make a claim that I can't prove.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2251 on: September 19, 2022, 10:00:12 AM »
So who are you to criticize my form?

I've been to the hospital five times in my life. Two of which were for stitches. I've never broken a bone, and never had anything remotely close to a training injury.

In any case, my form is fine. You don't need to train with perfect textbook form every time. That's just nonsense to make people think they can do more to get better results, rather than  just acknowledge that their genetics are not good.

Furthermore, almost every shoulder pressing video online has worse form than mine.

You think everything is just drugs or genetics maybe training actually matters maybe if you trained correctly instead of just heaving around the heaviest weight possible you might get somewhere and wouldn’t have to blame genetics or a lack of drugs

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2252 on: September 19, 2022, 10:02:33 AM »
Great post, wes.

B. Hank has no problem posting videos, yet won't post any strength videos. That's because he does not lift what he claims.

Incidentally,  I could press the 75-lb dumbbells for around 15-18 reps using the form in my other video.

I'd be happy to post a video, but not if I have to hear from B. Hank about how i need to go a foot lower.  ::)

While I wouldn't be surprised if I got the 75's for 20...I would be surprised if I got 25.

I'm never going to make a claim that I can't prove.

If you don’t want to be called out use a full range of motion you are not even close to a shoulder press

And I offered to post a strength video from today you backed out after claiming you were stronger and cohld ATG 385lbs for a double now you claim you can’t squat at all. Post a 345lb ATG squat there is absolutely no way you can do it becasue you have never done an ATG squat becasue you are an ego lifter with no form in any lift.

You want to claim you are stronger here is your chance squat ATG today

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #2253 on: September 19, 2022, 10:03:33 AM »
You think everything is just drugs or genetics maybe training actually matters maybe if you trained correctly instead of just heaving around the heaviest weight possible you might get somewhere and wouldn’t have to blame genetics or a lack of drugs

Matt,

Take it from Hanky, he has mastered the squat.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2254 on: September 19, 2022, 10:04:57 AM »
Matt,

You keep posting that video knowing damn well it was like the first month I started squatting again and was going 90 degrees why not post the current video of 315 to the ground? Better yet why don’t all 3 of us post an ATG squat video today? I can ATG 345lbs today can either of you? Fuck no you can’t

eature=share

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #2255 on: September 19, 2022, 10:06:03 AM »
You keep posting that video knowing damn well it was like the first month I started squatting again and was going 90 degrees why not post the current video of 315 to the ground? Better yet why don’t all 3 of us post an ATG squat video today? I can ATG 345lbs today can either of you? Fuck no you can’t

LOL you can not squat 345 ATG.

You also claimed you could squat 405 for reps.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2256 on: September 19, 2022, 10:12:05 AM »
Ok I will make it easy for you then since you say you can do a 360 ATG squat today no problem how about 345lbs today ATG we both do it and both post a video then let the board vote who did it better?? You want to claim you are stronger prove it. I am giving you my crippled polio legs to compete against being the strongest 170lber in western Ontario it should be no problem for you yes?

What about previous videos of me squatting that much?

As I've told you - I stopped squatting. Just as some people stop flat pressing because it aggravates their shoulders. Specifically,  I found it to just be an annoying exercise. I found it hard to measure depth, and found myself going too low.

I fail to see how a low box squat with 400-500 is any less impressive than an actual full squat with 315+.

Like this 675 partial squat.  This means nothing to you?:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ca0rSOUg8EH/

I know a top 10 North America's Strongest Man competitor who only got 6 reps with the same weight!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2257 on: September 19, 2022, 10:17:47 AM »

eature=share

Outstanding form Bhanky. So smooth!

No homo, but I'm salivating at the prospect of you filming a shoulder press video. I know it will have the grace of a tchaikovsky ballet combined with the precision movements of a Swiss watch. Basically the complete opposite of Matts vomit inducing lifting form.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2258 on: September 19, 2022, 10:18:59 AM »
Matt i don't think those other leg exercises translate well to an ATG squat. It might be hard to estimate what you could do on that exercise without trying it first.

Good point.

However, there is something about ATG squatting, or squatting in general, that just doesn't jive with me.

I mean, if I can literally max out the leg press machine with about 1,100-lb [including the weight of the sled], and do reps with my knees touching my chin, basically, I would say my legs strength is sufficient.

I just hate to do actual squats.

I don't think I'm the only person who hates squats, given that I rarely see anyone squat at all, lol. Let alone with heavy weight...

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2259 on: September 19, 2022, 10:19:24 AM »
What about previous videos of me squatting that much?

As I've told you - I stopped squatting. Just as some people stop flat pressing because it aggravates their shoulders. Specifically,  I found it to just be an annoying exercise. I found it hard to measure depth, and found myself going too low.

I fail to see how a low box squat with 400-500 is any less impressive than an actual full squat with 315+.

Like this 675 partial squat.  This means nothing to you?:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ca0rSOUg8EH/

I know a top 10 North America's Strongest Man competitor who only got 6 reps with the same weight!

Just admit you don’t know how to squat and you don’t do them because they are hard and when you said you could ATG 385lbs it was a bunch of bullshit. Let’s see an actual legitimate squat let’s see any legitimate lift from you none of your videos have ever shown a good lift that would pass in any kind of competition much less be considered good

You brag about your numbers in lifts you don’t do then show partial lifts and say according to some lifting calculus you can actual do a legitimate lift when you don’t know the form technique or mechanics because you have never done any of them correctly

And your so called partial squat of 675lbs is fucking embarrassing that is what that means to me shows you have no concept of how to lift at all doesn’t make you look strong makes you look like an idiot

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #2260 on: September 19, 2022, 10:22:17 AM »
MattC what is your all-time best squat 1RM?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2261 on: September 19, 2022, 10:23:59 AM »
Matt is strong.

Thank you, IroNat!

Honestly, it may be a bit out of my league to suggest this - but that 25-rep dumbbell shoulder press challenge using 75-lb dumbbells may be worth a short.

Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't expect to get it. At least not on the first attempt. But I do know I can get at least 15 reps right off the bat.

So who knows...maybe I could hit 20 reps within three attempts?

Either way, it would be a good goal for myself.

I much prefer higher rep goals like that, as they possess less injury risks than one rep max lifts!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2262 on: September 19, 2022, 10:31:35 AM »
Thank you, IroNat!

Honestly, it may be a bit out of my league to suggest this - but that 25-rep dumbbell shoulder press challenge using 75-lb dumbbells may be worth a short.

Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't expect to get it. At least not on the first attempt. But I do know I can get at least 15 reps right off the bat.

I much prefer higher rep goals like that, as they possess less injury risks than one rep max lifts!

Looking forward to seeing the video................... ................

.....................get posted 1000 times
Y

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2263 on: September 19, 2022, 10:35:05 AM »
Thank you, IroNat!

You don’t get to pretend to be the worlds strongest man if you can’t do a squat

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2264 on: September 19, 2022, 10:37:22 AM »
I lounged in my pool yesterday and that translates to 405 x 10.

Apparently on Getbig the couch sitters (with TITTIES) can just claim whatever the fuck they want.

385 x 2 high bar, full depth squats would absolutely crush the lying little titty manlet Matt Canning.

Out of curiosity, do you not train?

Are you seriously talking about doubling 385 for an ATG squat like it's wildly out of the ordinary?

Only someone who doesn't train would talk like that.

Gyms here were closed for two years. Otherwise, I'd still be squatting that today.

Considering I have ALREADY POSTED videos of me doing a partial squat with 675-lb, and a 1,050-lb leg press for reps where my knees went to my chin, there should be NO QUESTION that at some point in my history, I have squatted 385x2.

That's a good lift - to be sure - but nothing so spectacular that it should be questioned at all.

If just makes me think you don't lift AT ALL.

It just so happens I hate squatting. That's why I'd rather leg press 1,100 for 8-10 reps. IMO, that is just as impressive as a 405-lb squat.

I don't see anything wrong with submitting such a video in lieu of a squat video.

But here's some perspective on my 385x2 squat:

At the time I was doing it, I was squatting 275 for 12-15.

I considered those to be good lifts - but not spectacular, or impossible, as you claim.

But considering you don't even train, I can understand why you're so impressed by my strength, lol.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2265 on: September 19, 2022, 10:44:06 AM »
Your form sucks I explained why you only don’t get it becasue your ego refuses to accept the idea of using less weight and doing it correctly that is why your build sucks you are missing the stretch and contraction in the muscles as you dont use prior form

As I said, EVERY SINGLE VIDEO online of people shoulder pressing is with worse form than mine! So WHY would I clean up my form, when literally EVERYONE uses that form?

In fact, if anything, I've learned that my range of motion is TOO long.

EVERYONE else uses a shorter range of motion. So that just proves there is NO NEED to go down as long as possible for each rep.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2266 on: September 19, 2022, 10:45:38 AM »

Are you seriously talking about doubling 385 for an ATG squat like it's wildly out of the ordinary?

Gyms here were closed for two years. Otherwise, I'd still be squatting that today.

Considering I have ALREADY POSTED videos of me doing a partial squat with 675-lb, and a 1,050-lb leg press for reps where my knees went to my chin, there should be NO QUESTION that at some point in my history, I have squatted 385x2.

That's a good lift - to be sure - but nothing so spectacular that it should be questioned at all.

It just so happens I hate squatting. That's why I'd rather leg press 1,100 for 8-10 reps. IMO, that is just as impressive as a 405-lb squat.

I don't see anything wrong with submitting such a video in lieu of a squat video.

I considered those to be good lifts - but not spectacular, or impossible, as you claim.

But considering you don't even train, I can understand why you're so impressed by my strength, lol.

That was not a partial squat lol gtfo and leg slide who fuck cares how much you can leg slide none of that nonsense means you can squat Jack shit. You claimed you were stronger and could squat now you claim it’s not a big deal at all great so do it then. Let’s see you post a real below parallel squat with today I don’t think you can get 315 clean. But whatver you post I will match let’s see who can actually squat more today my crippled legs against yours the strongest 70kilo 205lb man in Sasquatchia

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2267 on: September 19, 2022, 10:46:51 AM »
B. Hank - are you saying ALL of these men are using bad form?

So these aren't men who clearly know what they are doing? They need help improving their form?

B. Hank - I implore you to go on YouTube and find ANY videos of someone dumbbell pressing 100+ pound dumbbells with better form than I did. Maybe one in FIVE videos do it with better form than me.

So once again - I have NO IDEA what you are talking about to shit-talk my form. My form, while obviously not perfect, is really not THAT bad. Not great - but certainly not bad. And my range of motion is above average when compared to videos from YouTube fitness influencers using comparable weight:

And yet again, B. Hank - here are more videos of people shoulder pressing 100+ pound dumbbells, and almost all of them use a shorter range of motion than I do. So AGAIN, I have no idea what you are talking about to say my form I bad. My form is PERFECTLY FINE. In fact - it's above average. I searched for literally every video on YouTube of people pressing 100+ pound dumbbells overhead. And the overwhelming majority of those lifting them had worse form than mine.

Go to the 4 minute mark:

Go to 4:20:

Go to 3:33:

^ Numerous sets they do are done with a limited range of motion.

George Leeman had the best form, and got 38 reps:

But I get it, B. Hank - I'm stronger than you, so you need to talk shit. Well, guess what? This wasn't a competition! I was simply posting an update showing roughly where my strength was at. After all, gyms were closed here for two years.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2268 on: September 19, 2022, 10:47:08 AM »
As I said, EVERY SINGLE VIDEO online of people shoulder pressing is with worse form than mine! So WHY would I clean up my form, when literally EVERYONE uses that form?

In fact, if anything, I've learned that my range of motion is TOO long.

EVERYONE else uses a shorter range of motion. So that just proves there is NO NEED to go down as long as possible for each rep.

Every video has better form than you but fuck it keep living in la la land pretend your hands are shoulder level and the dumbells are horizontal with your elbows tucked down and behind at the bottom of your lift. just ignor your hands are forehead level with your forearms crooked and your wrist even more crooked tilting one side of the dumbells to your shoulder while the other side is above your head oh yeah it’s fucking perfect

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #2269 on: September 19, 2022, 10:50:06 AM »

No TITTY BOY, a 385 x 2 squat is really nothing special, but it would still absolutely crush you. You post lameass videos to try to show off your supposed strength and all they do is expose you for not knowing how to train and for how weak and undeveloped you are…exactly as bhank said.

You’re a weakling, a liar, and bhank has you caught in a lie that you’re trying to deflect your attention away from.

Everything about you is bullshit. You lie about everything you do.

AND YOU HAVE TITS!  MATT “TITTY BOY” CANNING, THUNDER BAY’S LACTACTING LIGHTWEIGHT LIAR!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2270 on: September 19, 2022, 10:52:46 AM »

Matt - Serious Question ??

Why are you so obsessed with Posting How Much You can & you have Lifted ?

Yes you've got some decent poundages - Only you are well aware that a few of us Have & do lift more & much more in some cases.
You don't see us Going on & on about How Much we have & can lift,
Please stop it Now its getting very Repetitive & Boring.
Surely There's more to you than Posting this Nonsense a 1000
along with selfie pics.
Be happy / Content with what you do.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2271 on: September 19, 2022, 10:54:51 AM »

Yes, I'd say it's genetics, drugs, and nutrition as the top three.

Training is behind all of those.

Pro training is literally all over the map. When you are on 500mg of anabolics or more, your training doesn't mean squat. For bodybuilding, I mean.

To get stronger, you will have to train.

And to be clear, I'm not saying training doesn't matter. But let me put it this way:

If you're bodybuilding, you can drop your training intensity by 20% if you brought up your nutrition 10%>

Something like that.

So while you NEED both training and nutrition, I am suggesting that if you want to maximize your results, nutrition matters more.

You keep telling me to improve my training, WHEN THAT WON'T DO A FUCKING THING IF I AM EATING 90 GRAMS OF PROTEIN A DAY.

Bottom line: i hate to eat.

That's why I train for strength and not muscle.

You can get stronger even if you don't eat. But you can't build muscle doing that.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #2272 on: September 19, 2022, 10:57:36 AM »
You don’t get to pretend to be the worlds strongest man if you can’t do a squat

Every time you call him out on his squat lies, he switches to the shoulder press videos.

When you call him out on his half rep shoulder presses, he deflects the discussion to what random people on YouTube are doing.

Matt Canning is a bullshitter, about lifting, his lifts, his education, his financial situation, about everything. He is a chronic liar.

So Matt Canning, who claims to be a ranked Canadian strongman, and one of the “strongest people on Getbig” is backpedaling like a motherfukker because he is caught in ANOTHER LIE!

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #2273 on: September 19, 2022, 10:57:40 AM »

eature=share

Matt,

take it from Brian,

If you are not using a tampon pad and your 40 inch gut is not touching your thighs you can not squat.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2274 on: September 19, 2022, 11:00:31 AM »
Matt,

Good lift. Looks like he had a bit more left.

That's roughly where I was before I converted to leg pressing.

340-360-380...it was all the same to me.

I felt like it was a mental game at that point.

It's weird. But I just find one-rep maxes to be a bit of a mind-f***. So I'd rather bench press 275x10 than attempt 345. IMO, there is less that can go wrong with a higher reps effort.

I wanted to hit 225x30 or 250x20 on the bench, but both will be harder than I thought

But I'm up for a Getbig competition, if anyone is up to it.