Author Topic: The New 2007 Shelby GT Mustang  (Read 3137 times)

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
The New 2007 Shelby GT Mustang
« on: October 08, 2006, 07:29:21 PM »
The car will be offered in four horsepower options, with pricing from $19,995 for a 240-hp V6 Mustang coupe to $46,500 for a 500-hp Shelby GT500 convertible. Wonder how they are in snow.......Not the original Shelby Stang but still pretty sweet.

Disclaimer : THE FOLLOWING LINK CONTAINS PICTURES OF MUSTANGS!    ;D

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2006/08/13/2007-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-new-info-revealed/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fautoreview.belproject.com%2Fitem%2F216&frame=true

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: The New 2007 Shelby GT Mustang
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 07:50:40 PM »
nice

ya cheeky bastard ;)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 09:07:32 PM »
I don't know for sure but I doubt the V6 will be called a Shelby or a GT. Also, that 500 hp claim is inflated, Car & Driver has tested the car twice and thinks the true number is more like 400 hp.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 09:33:18 PM »
I don't know for sure but I doubt the V6 will be called a Shelby or a GT. Also, that 500 hp claim is inflated, Car & Driver has tested the car twice and thinks the true number is more like 400 hp.
They may be coming out with a gt350 later... I have not seen one dyno that low yet.  Saw one dyno stock w/tune at 475.  Saw one dyno up around 570 with some extra bolt-ons.  Here's a good sample of what people are getting with very little effort.
Tuning the 07 Shelby GT500...505 RWHP
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=660228

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 09:37:05 PM »
And that's not a Shelby gt500 in that article posted above.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 09:44:55 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 09:48:01 PM »

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 11:34:47 PM »
car and driver always fell to mention that those numbers are flywheel numbers not rear wheel numbers which are completely diffrent and to say car and drivers knows dick about driving a car is like saying ken Jones should be Mr Olympia if you want a good test drive or opinion of a vehicle look no further that Evan j smith who is in my opinion the best driver the magazine world has ever had to offer

i have been racing and building high horsepower cars and motorcycles my whole short life and i have ridden in the new GT 500 and the car has power but it is geared all wrong the rearend set is something like 3.20 it should be somewhere between 3.55 and 3.90 and it would be a totally different car

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 01:31:41 AM »
give me the super charged '03-'04 cobra anyday with bassani exhaust, flowmasters(1 chamber!), and the kenny bell blower and it'll be eating vipers and anything else for breakfast!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 06:21:24 AM »
The car is a pig, 500 HP, but about 3,900 pounds? What was Ford thinking.  And it does 0-60 in 4.5, whereas the M3 CSL with 360 HP does it in 4.5, the regular snuff M3 does it in 4.8. What's with it having SVT, but calling it a Shelby. A guy I used to work with was Pres. of the Maryland Shelby Club,  wonder why ol Shel'
would license his name to such a pig. But he still a mustang man, so any high powered mustang is good to him ;D
 I think Ford could spent money on giving it a IRS, shaving weight (a nice carbon fiber hood and trunk would nice on a electric blue car) about 400 pounds, removing the reat seats, brembo brakes, and 420-450 HP. That would have done the trick.

And it would have been worht every penny as well.

body88

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 06:54:55 AM »
The car is a pig, 500 HP, but about 3,900 pounds? What was Ford thinking.  And it does 0-60 in 4.5, whereas the M3 CSL with 360 HP does it in 4.5, the regular snuff M3 does it in 4.8. What's with it having SVT, but calling it a Shelby. A guy I used to work with was Pres. of the Maryland Shelby Club,  wonder why ol Shel'
would license his name to such a pig. But he still a mustang man, so any high powered mustang is good to him ;D
 I think Ford could spent money on giving it a IRS, shaving weight (a nice carbon fiber hood and trunk would nice on a electric blue car) about 400 pounds, removing the reat seats, brembo brakes, and 420-450 HP. That would have done the trick.

And it would have been worht every penny as well.

We got into this awhile back. The only American cars that actually "get it" without modifications imo are the ford gt and the new zo6 imo.The ford gt is my favoritie car actually.To bad it is over 100k. That mustang is prob great for burn outs,drags from light to lght and sounding great but the thing is heavy and handles like shit.

I do not understand why an American car maker cannot stuff a big ass v8 into a light car that HANDLES well and does not cost a ton. They could if they wanted to! Some american auto maker needs to make a car for about 38 grand that handles,is not a heavy pig,does not have stone age technology(good suspension) and has big power. Then I would buy American!!! Oh yah the csl is  a great car. The bmw m z is also nice!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 11:29:28 AM »
. That mustang is prob great for burn outs,drags from light to lght and sounding great but the thing is heavy and handles like shit.

I do not understand why an American car maker cannot stuff a big ass v8 into a light car that HANDLES well and does not cost a ton. They could if they wanted to!

I got into it with this dude on autoweek.com about the new mustang GT. He says that it doesn't have a IRS because they wanted keep in line with the drag racers. Now, how many Mustang GT's do you see? I see more V6 Mustangs than V8 GT's, and the GT I do see the poeple are either men 45-65 ( not an issue  ;D), or a blonde, whose husband is a Mustang fanatic. I forgot the stats, but the V8 is not selling too well, and how many of  those actually go to people who want to drag race? Not many. So why would FORd want to keep the solid rear axle, just for a minute sample of their buying demographic. Well because it was cheaper to keep the Solid Rear axle than to adapt or design a new one

These are the same people who said that the Lincoln LS didn't have a manual because it couldn't handle the torque of the 280 HP V8, yet they make Mustangs standard with more!! Cheap asses

GM does make some good V8 cars, they are just thru their European and Aussy brands, (Opel and Holden, respectively)

I think the new Camaro will be the shit, trade in your Mustang and get a Camaro in black!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 05:54:59 PM »
Well I love the hell out of my new stang but I never for once thought it was more than exactly what it is.  GT's are not selling because 1. ford pushed the v6 this year more than any other year so I imagine several people who were set on GT's got sold on V6s.  If I had to tell the sales person at the dealer one more time that I didn't want a fucking v6 I was going to skull f**k that bitch.  2. Many dealerships are still running an added market valued price hike for the GT's and they're not worth 5,000 over sticker.   ::) I wouldn't have picked one up under those terms ::)  the appeal of mustang IS their affordability with the idea of adding after market bolt performance.  It may not be on the track but there are more people doing exactly that than you think.  Don't for a second think that 45 year old GT owner hasn't spend some cash under the hood.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 07:02:46 PM »
give me the super charged '03-'04 cobra anyday with bassani exhaust, flowmasters(1 chamber!), and the kenny bell blower and it'll be eating vipers and anything else for breakfast!
or put a 2001 cobra intake on a 03-04 cobra and get a hellion turbo kit and aim for bigger prey

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 07:56:58 PM »
I got into it with this dude on autoweek.com about the new mustang GT. He says that it doesn't have a IRS because they wanted keep in line with the drag racers. Now, how many Mustang GT's do you see? I see more V6 Mustangs than V8 GT's, and the GT I do see the poeple are either men 45-65 ( not an issue  ;D), or a blonde, whose husband is a Mustang fanatic. I forgot the stats, but the V8 is not selling too well, and how many of  those actually go to people who want to drag race? Not many. So why would FORd want to keep the solid rear axle, just for a minute sample of their buying demographic. Well because it was cheaper to keep the Solid Rear axle than to adapt or design a new one

These are the same people who said that the Lincoln LS didn't have a manual because it couldn't handle the torque of the 280 HP V8, yet they make Mustangs standard with more!! Cheap asses

GM does make some good V8 cars, they are just thru their European and Aussy brands, (Opel and Holden, respectively)

I think the new Camaro will be the shit, trade in your Mustang and get a Camaro in black!
the 03-04 cobra had a IRS and many owners scraped them for the 8.8 straight axle right away including myself the mustang world survives in the aftermarkets hands and at the time the halfshafts weren't holding up and the aftermarket could get them until this year so a 600-1000 hp cobra was useless when your halfshaft snap and your combating the dreaded IRS hop,the mustang sub-culture is deeper than you think and before the shit even starts i am not just a ford guy or a drag racer i have been scca racing since i was 16 y/o and and owned a evo,sti,ws6(ls1),SS(lsi),03 cobra,2001 gt(still own 719 hp scca driven)540 hp hayabusa still have,Honda 929erion racing rr that i turbocharged and still have,and a army issued hummer that i got at a government auction(beach/surf truck still have) so i have been in this game pretty deep for awhile and my dad is a avid saleen collector(but Steve saleen is a prick so i do not buy saleens)so i have also been around the higher end cars s7,gt,enzo,lingenfelter z07 427 twin turbo,so if you have any questions PM me because i often forget about this board and car topics are something i enjoy

body88

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 09:10:50 PM »
the 03-04 cobra had a IRS and many owners scraped them for the 8.8 straight axle right away including myself the mustang world survives in the aftermarkets hands and at the time the halfshafts weren't holding up and the aftermarket could get them until this year so a 600-1000 hp cobra was useless when your halfshaft snap and your combating the dreaded IRS hop,the mustang sub-culture is deeper than you think and before the shit even starts i am not just a ford guy or a drag racer i have been scca racing since i was 16 y/o and and owned a evo,sti,ws6(ls1),SS(lsi),03 cobra,2001 gt(still own 719 hp scca driven)540 hp hayabusa still have,Honda 929erion racing rr that i turbocharged and still have,and a army issued hummer that i got at a government auction(beach/surf truck still have) so i have been in this game pretty deep for awhile and my dad is a avid saleen collector(but Steve saleen is a prick so i do not buy saleens)so i have also been around the higher end cars s7,gt,enzo,lingenfelter z07 427 twin turbo,so if you have any questions PM me because i often forget about this board and car topics are something i enjoy

I am in love with the new twin turbo 911. I am also in love with the Ford gt.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 09:47:27 PM »
i am starting to like porche again for a while they had no class just a bland sports car but their coming back very strong,ford gt is one of the most enjoyable cars i have ever driven but the new saleen s7 twin turbo ass rapes it but is no were near as streetable which is fine with me ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 10:37:05 PM »
What do you think of Genaddi's GTX-1?

body88

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 10:38:10 PM »
i am starting to like porche again for a while they had no class just a bland sports car but their coming back very strong,ford gt is one of the most enjoyable cars i have ever driven but the new saleen s7 twin turbo ass rapes it but is no were near as streetable which is fine with me ;)

I saw that Saleen a few days ago in a mag. Looks crazy. 800 bhp right? Toss a few turbos on that gt  :-X I love the new twin turbo 911. I want it black with black wheels. Then the thin red accent around the black rim. Meh one can wish! 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 10:39:30 PM »
 8)

body88

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 10:39:45 PM »
What do you think of Genaddi's GTX-1?

I wish I could own one  >:(  The yellow one is my dream. Did i show you that video of the gt owning the mercialago?

body88

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 10:40:25 PM »

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 10:42:08 PM »
Hhaahahahahahaha ;D!

body88

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2006, 10:43:44 PM »

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2006, 11:11:32 PM »
I saw that Saleen a few days ago in a mag. Looks crazy. 800 bhp right? Toss a few turbos on that gt  :-X I love the new twin turbo 911. I want it black with black wheels. Then the thin red accent around the black rim. Meh one can wish! 

Speaking of turbos on a GT, have you seen Car & Driver this month? If not you need to pick it up, Heffner Performance down in Florida twin turbocharged a Lamborghini Gallardo and a Ford GT. Both are insane, the GT was so powerful down low in the powerband that Car & Driver couldn't get the rear wheels to hook up for acceleration runs. It would melt the tires. LOL

http://www.caranddriver.com/specialtyfiles/11762/heffner-performance-twin-turbo-ford-gt-and-twin-turbo-lamborghini-gallardo.html