Author Topic: My latest addiction - Pawn Star  (Read 1785 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
My latest addiction - Pawn Star
« on: February 20, 2012, 12:43:49 PM »
 ;D can't get enough of this show. like to see all the junk that gets brought in. and how these guys try to rip them off.
F

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: My latest addiction - Pawn Star
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:28:12 PM »
Decent show but it kills me when people sell for less than half the value just to be on TV. On the other hand, Hardcore Pawn is 99% over acting and people just acting up to be on camera. Can't stand it.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 07:37:51 AM »
Decent show but it kills me when people sell for less than half the value just to be on TV. On the other hand, Hardcore Pawn is 99% over acting and people just acting up to be on camera. Can't stand it.
true everyone just wants to fight on that show.
F

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »
They know their shit...

If they dont..they know people who do  8)

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »
A lot of what happens in "reality shows" has to be staged, and  the new ones that are coming out are worse and worse as to the professions or subject matter they are following. Producers are running out of cool ideas. These shows are so disposable...generation nothingness for sure.
H

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 08:17:30 PM »
A lot of what happens in "reality shows" has to be staged, and  the new ones that are coming out are worse and worse as to the professions or subject matter they are following. Producers are running out of cool ideas. These shows are so disposable...generation nothingness for sure.

100% bang on.

The staging is not even subtle anymore and ruined the show. I don't think it was that bad at first or was it?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »
A lot of what happens in "reality shows" has to be staged, and  the new ones that are coming out are worse and worse as to the professions or subject matter they are following. Producers are running out of cool ideas. These shows are so disposable...generation nothingness for sure.
It is staged.  Watching pawn stars last week they asked someone if they could bring in an expert, they said ok.  and when the "expert" comes in, the same people are in the background shopping.  So they had the whole thing set up and the expert there ready to go...

The show is still cool because of the items they highlight and the history they give on shit.  There's been a lot of shit shown on the show I didn't know about that's interesting.

The other shows like this, not so much, a bunch of bullshit.

I do find it funny on Pawn Stars that they actually often overpay for what an item is worth to them knowing they have to mark it up.  They probably do that intentionally as additional promotion beyond what they get paid for the show.  People see what they are paying on the show and think they will get that in their shop.  NOPE...  Yes other times they are clearly ripping people off too... Guess it wouldn't be a pawn shop without that lol..

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 09:26:22 PM »
Oh yea, this gets me too... try to find anyone to give you a pawn shop price on something they are selling on the net...  100% of the time they will freak out if you even start to negotiate with them on price...  then when they don't sell it they will take it down to a pawn shop and be tickled pink for 30% of what they were asking on the net...  WTF....

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 08:10:45 AM »
Funk, I love that show and also "Storage Wars", good stuff.
Never saw any Vintage Weights on either yet...

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 09:10:38 PM »
Its funny cuz this is not how pawn shops operate. 90% of normal pawn shops business comes from drug addicts selling their mothers tv at 3 in the morning.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 10:32:10 AM »
Its funny cuz this is not how pawn shops operate. 90% of normal pawn shops business comes from drug addicts selling their mothers tv at 3 in the morning.
that's hardcore pawn based in detroit. all they do is yell and scream on that show.
F

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 02:04:22 PM »
A lot of what happens in "reality shows" has to be staged, and  the new ones that are coming out are worse and worse as to the professions or subject matter they are following. Producers are running out of cool ideas. These shows are so disposable...generation nothingness for sure.
No shit. I could bring in an original Da Vinci, and this clown would pause and say he knows a guy... and the said guy would just shake his head, and say it's an imitation, and then the offer on the table would be, like, $50, because his Da would kill him if he paid more. Scambags.  

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 06:03:35 PM »
i like the show. but what is with that wierd, over the top, sneak up on ya handshake that 'big hoss' has?

ps, the ONLY hoss is Dan Blocker