Author Topic: 2010 Olympia - my 2010 Mr. Olympia contest report  (Read 1683 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
2010 Olympia - my 2010 Mr. Olympia contest report
« on: October 03, 2010, 03:23:53 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/37bhyoz

Ron, please unban my URL.  ;D  I promise I will not spam.  Also, I give shout outs to getbig on my site all the time!  Getbig is about equal in popularity to Muscular Development magazine.  It's really amazing frankly.

To summarize my thoughts on the contest, things more or less panned out as I expected them to.  I think it could have gone either way with Jay Cutler and Phil Heath.  Branch and Dexter both improved but I don't think we will be seeing Dexter place ahead of Branch again.  Kai Greene came in too heavy and Dennis James retired.  All in all it was a pretty good contest.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Re: My 2010 Mr. Olympia contest report.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 03:31:47 PM »
The last time I was reading GB regularly was a few months ago and people, I think Alex mostly,  were saying Matt had hacked the site .. I'm guessing that was bullshit.
O

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 03:36:01 PM »
ELL  OH   Fcuking ELL

Your site = You , your cock idol Johnny Failcan and Prime Perv { aside from ALL your gimmicks }  amazing advertisement opportunity for Getbig that is ... innit tho ?

you're a smarmy little greasy self serving POS

and that's on a good day

Yes, on the forum.  But the interior pages are pretty well-read and I frequently mention getbig.  Funny how I offered to set up an alternate board/site for you and the others that posted in my forum but no one took me up on that offer.  ::)  I am perfectly willing to create a Getbig II but it's easier said than done.  My offer still stands, not that anyone will take it or anything.

The last time I was reading GB regularly was a few months ago and people, I think Alex mostly,  were saying Matt had hacked the site .. I'm guessing that was bullshit.

I'm not sure if Alex was mistaken or just bullshitting to get a rise out of me.  I never hacked his board and for that matter I don't even know if anyone did.  But again, I was glad to cross-promote Alex's site until he started accusing me of that [later on we talked online and he didn't mention it so it seemed to me that everything was alright].
Bodybuilding Pro.com

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »
Well I'm glad you recovered as it looked bleak for you at the time...I thought you'd do another stint in TO but then Real life got in the way and I forgot.

I never saw you as the mad hacker.

Is Alex's site any good?
O

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »
Well I'm glad you recovered as it looked bleak for you at the time...I thought you'd do another stint in TO but then Real life got in the way and I forgot.

I never saw you as the mad hacker.

Is Alex's site any good?

Thanks.  Honestly, I really don't know where he got this idea that I would hack his site.  I was keen on promoting his site here and there until it seemed that the allegations were serious.  I think Alex no longer thinks I did it though which is good, because I didn't.

I think Alex's board as well as Special Ed's Muscle Week are both good boards.  I find that it is just difficult to get a foothold these days with so many boards which are already popular.  I think competition is a good thing though and more boards is better than fewer in my opinion.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

suckmymuscle

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 04:21:35 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/37bhyoz

Ron, please unban my URL.  ;D  I promise I will not spam.  Also, I give shout outs to getbig on my site all the time!  Getbig is about equal in popularity to Muscular Development magazine.  It's really amazing frankly.

To summarize my thoughts on the contest, things more or less panned out as I expected them to.  I think it could have gone either way with Jay Cutler and Phil Heath.  Branch and Dexter both improved but I don't think we will be seeing Dexter place ahead of Branch again.  Kai Greene came in too heavy and Dennis James retired.  All in all it was a pretty good contest.

Matt, what do you think would have happened if Dorian 95' and Ronnie 98' had entered the contest? I am asking you to...speak on this. :P

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 10:00:48 PM »
  Matt, what do you think would have happened if Dorian 95' and Ronnie 98' had entered the contest? I am asking you to...speak on this. :P

SUCKMYMUSCLE

This is a very good question.  I would say Phil was at his best and Jay was very close to it.  I really don't think the bar will be raised much higher than Dorian and Ronnie raised it.  They both honestly looked amazing.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

suckmymuscle

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 01:39:02 PM »
This is a very good question.  I would say Phil was at his best and Jay was very close to it.  I really don't think the bar will be raised much higher than Dorian and Ronnie raised it.  They both honestly looked amazing.

Matt, can you imagine a showdown between Dorian 95' and Ronnie 98', Arnold 74' and Sergio 67'? It's like bodybuilding the holy grail. :P :P :P :P :P

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
Re: 2010 Olympia - my 2010 Mr. Olympia contest report
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 06:02:45 PM »
i see w8m8s post has gone walkies........sickening .

Matt you O report is sub standard, sorry dude.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 06:47:23 PM »
  Matt, can you imagine a showdown between Dorian 95' and Ronnie 98', Arnold 74' and Sergio 67'? It's like bodybuilding the holy grail. :P :P :P :P :P

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Yes that would be something, although Arnold and Sergio could not really compete against the guys today.

i see w8m8s post has gone walkies........sickening .

Matt you O report is sub standard, sorry dude.

Really?  I was going to cover the expo in the article so I might add to it or create a separate article.  Basically I just attempt to review the bodybuilders as they came in, comparing them to previous years, noting improvements, etc.  I typically use the same format for reviews.  I just wish I wasn't spreading myself so thin trying to get things done but once I am caught up it will be worth it I think.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 07:06:07 PM »
I have told you time and time again how to sort things out.....

Drop some tasks temporarily, delegate and prioritize.....I have been in your situation with loads to do and not enough time - what did I do? give work to someone else, and put the less important shit on the back burner.  You will never get anywhere the way you are going, more and more will just come along.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 07:18:29 PM »
Matt C is a man with business savy

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 07:19:03 PM »
I have told you time and time again how to sort things out.....

Drop some tasks temporarily, delegate and prioritize.....I have been in your situation with loads to do and not enough time - what did I do? give work to someone else, and put the less important shit on the back burner.  You will never get anywhere the way you are going, more and more will just come along.

If more doesn't come along, I will be able to get things done.  The problem with delegating is that the work is very unique and involves a lot of copying and pasting and other tedious things which I have become rather proficient at doing over the years.

I have come a long way with the new Joomla template but it is seriously a massive undertaking.  If all goes well it will be done by the end of this year and live for the new year.  It really is getting done though, it's just not seen yet because it is not live.  I want to make sure it is checked and double checked before I do anything.

But your advice is sound - Also regarding bodybuilding.  I will enter my powerlifting contest this Saturday, hopefully bench press 300 and get back to actual bodybuilding.  Finally my metabolism is slow enough to actually keep the mass that I gain and I want to take advantage of this.  While I feel very strong and quick, I want size, so I will be going back to bodybuilding very soon.
Bodybuilding Pro.com