Author Topic: Cops Shoot Pets over "a small amount of marijuana"  (Read 4056 times)

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
Cops Shoot Pets over "a small amount of marijuana"
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:34:39 AM »

RIP Bob Probert

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: Cops Shoot Pets over "a small amount of marijuana"
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 11:49:24 AM »
I'm not watching this shit. 

That brings up a question I've had for a long time.  I can understand a SWAT team shooting a large dog during a raid but is it standard practice to shoot and kill other animals such as cats??  How does a SWAT team decide what animals die and which live??  Is it based on the crime or cause for the space being raided or is this standard for all raids everywhere??

Bench, maybe you can answer this.

I remember a couple years ago a prominent Maryland politician was sent a package of marijuana by someone trying to fuck with him and the county police were tipped off before it got delivered.  They raided this guy's house and shot his dogs right in front of his family. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 11:52:23 AM »
Why should police risk getting injured by some drug dealer's pet?

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:56:22 AM »
Why should police risk getting injured by some drug dealer's pet?

Under most conditions you are right but a dog in a cage and a Welsh Corgi could easily be handled without killing the pet.

My issue is that in some cases the information that the intended raid is targeting some big time criminal is grossly exaggerated and a family is terrorized over a relatively small crime.  In most families dogs and cats are loved as family members and killing them is traumatic, brutal, and unnecessary.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:00:46 PM »
Under most conditions you are right but a dog in a cage and a Welsh Corgi could easily be handled without killing the pet.

My issue is that in some cases the information that the intended raid is targeting some big time criminal is grossly exaggerated and a family is terrorized over a relatively small crime.  In most families dogs and cats are loved as family members and killing them is traumatic, brutal, and unnecessary.

I really can't see a point to killing an already caged animal unless it was to maintain the element of surprise.

Pets of people following the law wouldn't end up in this situation.

There's really no reason to risk additional injuries from pets considering the drug dealers may also be armed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 12:05:18 PM »
d

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 12:05:58 PM »
I really can't see a point to killing an already caged animal unless it was to maintain the element of surprise.

Pets of people following the law wouldn't end up in this situation.

There's really no reason to risk additional injuries from pets considering the drug dealers may also be armed.

I didn't watch it but the info says the guy only ended up having a pipe, a grinder, and a small amount of weed.

If the cops raid a drug den with two kilos of cocaine and two loose rottie guard dogs then shoot away.  If cops raid some guy's house in front of his family over what is basically personal use pot and find a caged pit bull and a corgi they should holster that shit.  

Some cops really are high school punks on a power trip.  Fuck em.. can't stand that shit.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 12:15:04 PM »
I didn't watch it but the info says the guy only ended up having a pipe, a grinder, and a small amount of weed.

If the cops raid a drug den with two kilos of cocaine and two loose rottie guard dogs then shoot away.  If cops raid some guy's house in front of his family over what is basically personal use pot and find a caged pit bull and a corgi they should holster that shit.  

Some cops really are high school punks on a power trip.  Fuck em.. can't stand that shit.

I'm for decriminalizing certain amounts of weed. I don't smoke but feel prosecuting or chasing criminals for personal use amounts wastes resources.

But.. if he was following the law the dogs would have never been killed or his family placed in that scenario.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 12:21:04 PM »
I'm for decriminalizing certain amounts of weed. I don't smoke but feel prosecuting or chasing criminals for personal use amounts wastes resources.

But.. if he was following the law the dogs would have never been killed or his family placed in that scenario.

I don't smoke either but I'm in favor of legalizing some or all drugs solely based on the resources we waste on fighting drugs without ever making headway and having to neglect 'real' crime because of it.

If a lot of things were different the dogs wouldn't have died.  If, if, if.. doesn't matter.  The cops actions were inexcusable and grossly excessive (at least based on the narrative). 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 12:32:32 PM »

...or like when filthy lying cops lie to judges claiming to have bought drugs at a residence before in order to get no-knock warrants, and they arrive in plain clothes and bust down the door of an innocent half blind 93 yr old granny?

Did we even see them present a copy of the warrant to the homeowner? Isn't that suppose to be a standard procedure?
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 03:10:28 PM »
I don't smoke either but I'm in favor of legalizing some or all drugs solely based on the resources we waste on fighting drugs without ever making headway and having to neglect 'real' crime because of it.

If a lot of things were different the dogs wouldn't have died.  If, if, if.. doesn't matter.  The cops actions were inexcusable and grossly excessive (at least based on the narrative). 

Blame the criminals.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 05:24:37 PM »
I own a dog and can't watch this. If it was just a little dog that makes it even worse.

JohnC1908

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 06:57:11 PM »
A corgi...way to go. Typical work by the police. Shoot then ask questions.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 07:30:29 PM »
A corgi...way to go. Typical work by the police. Shoot then ask questions.

I really don't know a thing about dogs but am relatively certain they can all bite.

JohnC1908

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 10:30:52 PM »
I really don't know a thing about dogs but am relatively certain they can all bite.

So, you shoot the dog? Over what...pot? Is that really worth it? I know this is crazy but you could taze the dog. But that wouldn't be as fun.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 10:39:35 PM »
it's terrible to shoot the dog, any dog, for any reason.

i think it's a case of the swat team sustaining zero damage, eliminating every potential threat.  a poodle bite can be a big deal.

plus many just want trigger time and are meanies.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 11:35:53 PM »
I probably can't say what I really want to say. 

that's fucked up, and they're doing it all the time. ::)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 04:20:37 AM »
The pigs come into a house with kids guns blazing, and have the temerity to arrest the parents for endangerment of their children.  ::) God, I'm so glad I don't have to live in the US.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 05:12:39 AM »
Typical jack boot bs.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 05:13:33 AM »
Those guys had plenty of armour on - a small dog would not hurting them and shooting the family pet whilst a child is there is certainly going to fuck that kid up for some time.

Still - they found a few grams of an illegal herb. Way to go.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 09:49:56 AM »
So, you shoot the dog? Over what...pot? Is that really worth it? I know this is crazy but you could taze the dog. But that wouldn't be as fun.

Shooting an animal would not be fun. I don't even hunt.

I wouldn't be a cop because people don't appreciate a damn thing they ever do, LOL! That being said, I wouldn't risk getting bitten by anyone's dog, cat, lizard, ferret, tweetie bird, or anydamnthing else they had crawling around in a drug bust when there are so many variables.

The law is foolish, IMO, but had they been following it the animals wouldn't have been shot.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 10:07:23 AM »
Shooting an animal would not be fun. I don't even hunt.

I wouldn't be a cop because people don't appreciate a damn thing they ever do, LOL! That being said, I wouldn't risk getting bitten by anyone's dog, cat, lizard, ferret, tweetie bird, or anydamnthing else they had crawling around in a drug bust when there are so many variables.

The law is foolish, IMO, but had they been following it the animals wouldn't have been shot.
Not only is the law foolish, the response by the police is out of all proportion. Probably a few children need to be gunned down accidentally by SWAT before anyone has the balls to do anything about this.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 10:10:12 AM »
Not only is the law foolish, the response by the police is out of all proportion. Probably a few children need to be gunned down accidentally by SWAT before anyone has the balls to do anything about this.

The law is foolish but so is comparing animals to children.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 10:41:32 AM »
I probably can't say what I really want to say. 

that's fucked up, and they're doing it all the time. ::)

Why not?
C