Author Topic: kids, do good in school- i didn't and this is where i look for employment.......  (Read 10709 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
In NYC we used to say that and a $1.50 will get you on the subway. Haha. Lots of people tell me that but so far my intelligence hasn't gotten me very far or anything of benefit.
Perhaps You have never determined "where you want to go".  Not that you must, but I am sure if you wanted to use whatever knowledge and intelligence you do have to provide for yourself, this could easily be accomplished.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Are you thinking about Ekhart again? :D

Eckhart is a practitioner. I'm more of a theorist. It's philosophically impossible to talk about the essence of a human being in terms of genetics.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Perhaps You have never determined "where you want to go".  Not that you must, but I am sure if you wanted to use whatever knowledge and intelligence you do have to provide for yourself, this could easily be accomplished.

I get by; I would like to 'get by more' but haven't figured out how to do so yet.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Eckhart is a practitioner. I'm more of a theorist. It's philosophically impossible to talk about the essence of a human being in terms of genetics.

Here we go again...the 'good old days'...
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V

This must be discussed further.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

This must be discussed further.

Just need to dig up some old threads; it's all there. ;)
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~

The Master

• Getbig V
the good old days ;D
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=198162.0

8)

Perhaps Dump (Debussey's financial mastermind and legal advisor) will participate in these discussions when his workload diminishes somewhat :(

The Master

• Getbig V
Reading this thread while listening to this song = teh bomb:

8)

The Master

• Getbig V
I love these discussions  8)

Adonis, Debussey, Deicide, Wavelength, rest of the people, good stuff!
I have learned more today and I love learning.  8)

Great Getbig times 8)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Reading this thread while listening to this song = teh bomb:

8)

This is great too. 8)

I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Great Getbig times 8)

They are rare but the best getbig threads are rarely about lifting or bbing.
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
This is great too. 8)

¨

Yes! And this too!

8)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
I just skimmed through the old thread, I'm such a dork, it's unbelievable. ;D

The Master

• Getbig V

Rofl, this made Debussey laugh ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

I fully acknowledge my inherent geekiness. Geek for life I am.
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
I fully acknowledge my inherent geekiness. Geek for life I am.

Being a geek = very very good according to Duck. If Debussey's IQ was above 52, Debussey would be a geek too >:(

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Being a geek = very very good according to Duck. If Debussey's IQ was above 52, Debussey would be a geek too >:(

With the exception of lifting, all of my interests are geek interests.
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
With the exception of lifting, all of my interests are geek interests.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
I laugh at idiots who say if they won the lottery they would keep their jobs.......really?  

Two things.  First how about let someone who actually needs a job have yours?

Second...how about doing volunteer work?

Everbody says that BS. How long do you think it's fun having no job and just blowing money?

I guarantee you, the first month it's cool, the 2nd month it's ok, the 3rd month it's boring and after the 4th month you go NUTS AND START THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE! ::) You can't live without any purpose in life in the long run, it's not human nature!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Everbody says that BS. How long do you think it's fun having no job and just blowing money?

I guarantee you, the first month it's cool, the 2nd month it's ok, the 3rd month it's boring and after the 4th month you go NUTS AND START THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE! ::) You can't live without any purpose in life in the long run, it's not human nature!

Hold on there Affemann! I agree with you to a certain extent but if I were ultra rich I wouldn't be doing nothing. I would be writing poetry, painting, drawing and studying Hungarian full time whilst living in a plush flat in Budapest. NOT working but doing things I enjoy...
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V

Who says that not having a job + loads of money means spending time "blowing them"? For people with serious interests there are tons of ways to spend time doing something more rewarding than "going to work".

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Who says that not having a job + loads of money means spending time "blowing them"? For people with serious interests there are tons of ways to spend time doing something more rewarding than "going to work".

qft
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
qft

Let's say you have a passion for painting, yet are still an amateur. You win 20 mill, and you can spend the next 5-10 years painting 3-8 hours daily.

Within that time, you've put in enough work to become a professional (given some initial talent), and you can have a new career doing what you love without having to think about the earnings.

That would be extremely rewarding.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~

Yes. The only difference is that the money issue is gone and thus you can do whatever you want.