Author Topic: Pete Carroll chastises Mark Sanchez...WTF?  (Read 28555 times)

body88

Re: Pete Carroll chastises Mark Sanchez...WTF?
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2009, 03:13:32 PM »
Leinart is not doing well so far.  He was beaten out by Kurt Warner and is not in favor with the Cardinals.  He's a party boy who doesn't take his job as an NFL QB too seriously.  He had some nice moments his rookie year, but that was two years ago and he hasn't been heard from since...unless partying with 18 year old girls constitutes being heard from. 

The NFL is extremely unpredictable and it's impossible to say whether Mark will succeed or fail.  Many upperclassmen who went to school and played 2-4 years failed miserably at the pro level. 

Whatever the case is, Pete Carroll was extremely vengeful and demonstrated little grace at Mark's press conference today.  There was NO REASON to call Mark out like that in front of a group of reporters on what should have been a day of celebration.  I understand Pete may have disagreed with Mark behind closed doors, but what he did today was ridiculous.  He potentially could cost Mark money and hurt his draft position.  In the end, I think Mark will have the last word...he's an intelligent guy who will perform well on the wonderlic test and I think he'll perform very well at the combine and at pro workouts.

In part, I hope Mark succeeds to spite Pete Carroll.

I hope Mark lights up to.  He seems like a good kid.  I just hope he didn't come out to early.  Pete is just mad because he didn't listen to him.

body88

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2009, 03:14:55 PM »
leaf and manning are both winners though.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2009, 03:39:35 PM »
Leaf did walk away from the NFL as a multimillionaire. 

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2009, 03:58:36 PM »
I hope Mark lights up to.  He seems like a good kid.  I just hope he didn't come out to early.  Pete is just mad because he didn't listen to him.

he is mad because that freshman or those backups will not lead that team to an undefeated season.  they arent winning a national championship in the peewee 10 with one lost.  if they get through their cupcake schedule...then mccoy, tebow, jefferson or a solid qb on a stacked team will be waiting for them. 

still think sanchez was the weak link on the 2008 team.  just needed FL to expose him.  i'd take him late 1st or early 2nd.  georgia's qb is the class, kinda like a big arm elway.
Oh...Monica!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2009, 04:06:55 PM »

Pete doesn't like rebuilding, period.

But once the kid made his decision, that was that.  Ya know? 

This guy is about to go make millions of dollars...he'll make more in a few years than most of his classmates will make in their lifetimes, even if he never starts a game in the NFL.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2009, 04:10:27 PM »
still think sanchez was the weak link on the 2008 team.  just needed FL to expose him.  i'd take him late 1st or early 2nd.  georgia's qb is the class, kinda like a big arm elway.

Please explain the logic behind this assertion.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2009, 04:18:06 PM »
what's the pt? random off the topic nonsense post because i hate USC. 

Ok, then you weren't attempting to be logical when you made that statement.  Consider me clarified.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2009, 04:19:36 PM »
Pete doesn't like rebuilding, period.

But once the kid made his decision, that was that.  Ya know? 

This guy is about to go make millions of dollars...he'll make more in a few years than most of his classmates will make in their lifetimes, even if he never starts a game in the NFL.

I was surprised he would respond so negatively.  Sanchez would have been better off without Carroll at the press conference.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2009, 04:40:51 PM »
You're done because you got stonewalled.  I just told you, 85% of the college QB's who come out with less than 35 games played in school FAIL in the NFL.  Fail means they are not effective starters and the team is forced to search for a new QB because the one they have is a BUST and is not capable of running an NFL team and helping them win. Fail, bust...you know not succeed, get cut, not effective, ineffective, not a good investment, not able to grasp the position etc.

Even if Mark were to come back, he still wouldn't be able to make it to 35 starts, so you really don't have a point ???

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2009, 04:43:09 PM »
Even if Mark were to come back, he still wouldn't be able to make it to 35 starts, so you really don't have a point ???

Spot on.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2009, 04:45:28 PM »
Spot on.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one annoyed by his failure to quantify "bust"  ;D

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2009, 05:11:09 PM »
I'm glad I wasn't the only one annoyed by his failure to quantify "bust"  ;D

He can't do it.  Why present statistics in support of something subjective?  Doesn't sound like real statistics to me..

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2009, 05:17:27 PM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=sancheztopstonsoftalent&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Well, well, well.  Look who just got the top spot on Rivals' top 10 NFL draft pics for this year. 

Good decision Mark!

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2009, 05:19:18 PM »
Please explain the logic behind this assertion.
ANYONE THAT HAS EVER SEEN STAFFORD THROW A FOOTBAL COULD EASILY MAKE THIS ASSERTION. PEYTON MANNING SAID HE'S NEVER SEEN ANYONE WITH AN ARM LIKE STAFFORD'S ARM.

DOES'T MEAN HE'LL BE A BETTER NFL QB
U

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2009, 05:22:27 PM »
ANYONE THAT HAS EVER SEEN STAFFORD THROW A FOOTBAL COULD EASILY MAKE THIS ASSERTION. PEYTON MANNING SAID HE'S NEVER SEEN ANYONE WITH AN ARM LIKE STAFFORD'S ARM.

Stafford definitely throws darts out there. He just needs a little more consistency!

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2009, 05:25:55 PM »

Says Rivals.com:

No. 1 Lions. Mark Sanchez*, QB, USC
Sanchez is NFL-ready and has a similar skill set to Matthew Stafford, but does not make the mistakes under pressure that Stafford does occasionally.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2009, 05:28:31 PM »
Stafford definitely throws darts out there. He just needs a little more consistency!
I AGREE. KEEP IN MIND THAT THE LAST 2 YEARS, HE BASICALLY HAD 18 YR OLD KIDS BLOCKING FOR HIM. STAFF HAS GOT TO LEARN TO TAKE A LITTLE OFF THE BALL
U

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2009, 05:29:02 PM »
By the way, I would not want to be a QB drafted by the Lions.  I hope Mark doesn't fall into the burden of trying to guide that joke of a team.  He probably will be a "bust" if the Lions get a hold of him.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2009, 05:30:07 PM »
I AGREE. KEE IN MOND THAT THE LAST 2 YEARS, HE BASICALLY HAD 18 YR OLD KIDS BLOCKING FOR HIM. STAFF HAS GOT TO LEARN TO TAKE A LITTLE OFF THE BALL

He's definitely got the raw talent to be a huge star.  We'll see what happens, won't we?  This kid is going to awe scouts at the combine and at his workouts.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »
Says Rivals.com:

No. 1 Lions. Mark Sanchez*, QB, USC
Sanchez is NFL-ready and has a similar skill set to Matthew Stafford, but does not make the mistakes under pressure that Stafford does occasionally.
DON'T FORGET. STAFF PLAYED IN THE BEST CONFERENCE (BY FAR) IN THE NATION THE LAST 3 YEARS.
U

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2009, 05:31:36 PM »

Moving on....next up to bat:

Matt Barkley
6'3

;D
just not good enough

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2009, 05:33:02 PM »
WHAT ABOUT MUSTAIN?
U

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2009, 05:33:11 PM »

Moving on....next up to bat:

Matt Barkley
6'3

;D

This kid is going to start as a true freshman next year.  Crazy skills.  

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2009, 05:34:41 PM »
WHAT ABOUT MUSTAIN?

He has the experience, but Barkley will oust him before the season starts.  This kid has talent that will not be denied.  Mustain was also playing on a team with TWO NFL running backs (McFadden and Felix Jones) who helped mask his weak arm.  Mustain is no Barkley.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2009, 05:36:48 PM »
Typical selfish college coach. NCAA makes millions off of these kids and they're the villains just because they want to secure their future.