Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 366890 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #1875 on: March 07, 2010, 05:40:02 PM »
lol i'm having a hard time "communicating" but it's all good. My words stumble and my mind doesn't transfer to mouth well the past few days. Either way I'm looking solid...can't wait to bench tomorrow night. Hoping to hit 315 for 15 or so on bench..

back is giving me fits today so I didn't do any lower body. I will however start doing med ball complexes in the morning and whatever work I have that day in the evening. Just 30 minutes of intensive work instead of the treadmill to give my feet and hips a rest. 

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1876 on: March 22, 2010, 10:11:32 PM »
bodyfat has dropped a full point...

hit a career high of 405 on the bench at the lightest bodyweight I've yet to do it at...238. VERY happy with this and KNEW it was going to be a badass day. When dieting, meal timing is everything to ensure a good workout.

Did 5 sets of 5 with 60lbs around my waist on pullups and finished with light pressdowns. Back is doing VERY well. TWO weeks no pain and very little tightness. Been pulling 405 for high reps out of the rack and squatted 455 easily last week without incident. Needless to say I'm going to keep babying my back for another month or so before pulling 500+  There's still time to save nationals. IF I can get a paused comp bench of 405, pull low 600's and squat low 500's I'll have it made. A 1500+ raw total at 225ish would be sick..and waterloading down to 198-200 would make it even more so. My hopes for going to OKC in october are coming back. I lucked out getting hurt when I did..it's made me a more effective and SMARTER lifter and at the same time could come back to a decent total before taking the stage.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1877 on: April 06, 2010, 01:00:21 PM »
benched 365 for 5 yesterday easily but was fading to my right side so once i correct that I should be able to get another rep or too. Technique work is going to get me BIG numbers at an all time bodyweight low and hopefully I'll be benching some decent numbers come nationals in october! I'm stoked! Tonight I try to pull 585 and see how my back handles it. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. REALLY hoping to be able to pull atleast 635 if not 660 by then. My deadlift comes back fast and my bench is progressing even faster! Now if I could just squat...jeez.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1878 on: April 06, 2010, 07:13:34 PM »
600LB TUG TODAY PAIN FREE AFTER JANUARY'S BACK INJURY! WHAT A FUCKIN DAY BABY!!!!

did 5 sets of 5 with 80lbs on my waist for neutral grip pullups wiht some ab and bicep work.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #1879 on: April 13, 2010, 07:51:31 AM »
started mo'd sheiko for a three month stint and see how it works..

yesterday I bench..

did 135x5
185x5
205x5
245x4
280x3x2
and 310x3x5

turned around and did squats... based off 545 (which i know now is too much)
and worked up to 5 sets of 410 for 3 raw

some accessory work and tada! KICKED MY SKINNY ASS IN SIDEWAYS! The benching felt easy as piss...but the squat having been through what I have are doing their thing so I'm going to drop the working numbers down WAY low and adapt into it. 3 months should give me a solid idea as to how things will turn out.

tallandfat

• Getbig II
« Reply #1880 on: July 12, 2010, 09:22:14 AM »
pics?