Author Topic: Dexter and Wolf: Sept 2009 vs Sept 2010  (Read 1680 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Dexter and Wolf: Sept 2009 vs Sept 2010
« on: September 10, 2010, 08:38:27 AM »
12 months ago everyone was discussing Dex's chances of a repeat, and most people considered Jay to be washed up

That conversation is not going on now. Most people seem to feel that Dex is now washed up.

Also 12 months ago people were expecting Wolf to possibly win, or be 2nd. Now most people dont have him in the top 6. Some have even said that Wolf is washed up.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
Re: Dexter and Wolf: Sept 2009 vs Sept 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 08:46:09 AM »
Let's be honest, the only reason Dex won was that Jay hadn't ben "On" for a couple years and they had semi-gifted him some victories. Just like the GNC where Dex won, he didn't really "beat" Jay, it was more like oh well, let's give Dex one.

In practice, Jay is way too big and complete for Dex to handle unless he's at his razor diced best, which he normally isn't. Dex is ALWAYS in great shape but his 100% on is something he's hit a few times, ever.

Noone talks about Wolf because he's gotten markedly worse year after year. He was better as an amateur. Of course he has the tools, but he's doing something wrong.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 12:13:44 PM »
Translation: Dex was insanely consistent for many years. When Jay slipped up this payed off big time. Consistency rewarded, he totally earned it.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 12:34:15 PM »
Translation: Dex was insanely consistent for many years. When Jay slipped up this payed off big time. Consistency rewarded, he totally earned it.

Flawed reasoning.

Consistency shouldn't be rewarded. Only the physique on the day of the show that is best should be rewarded. If Dex was actually better/closely competitive to Jay, he'd be able to beat him with some consistency. But he's not really that competitive, as the record shows.

I think Dex is awesome, I just think that Jay is too much for him to handle.

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 12:40:51 PM »
Flawed reasoning.

Consistency shouldn't be rewarded. Only the physique on the day of the show that is best should be rewarded. If Dex was actually better/closely competitive to Jay, he'd be able to beat him with some consistency. But he's not really that competitive, as the record shows.

I think Dex is awesome, I just think that Jay is too much for him to handle.

Do you think Jay should have won in 2008? His conditioning, particularly on Friday, was not a champion's conditioning IMO.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 12:43:22 PM »
Do you think Jay should have won in 2008? His conditioning, particularly on Friday, was not a champion's conditioning IMO.

not only shouldnt he have won in 08.,........he shouldnt have won in 07.......and probably not in 06 neither

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 06:58:41 PM »
Question isn't whether he should have won, but if Dexter should beat him. I think given the criteria for the Mr. O, no.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 07:13:54 PM »
 :o