Author Topic: Fast Food Workers - We want $15 and hour!  (Read 17560 times)

che

• Getbig V
A janitor can make 50k+/yr around these parts and the cost of living is pretty low, comparatively speaking.

Where?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
It is ridiculous.  The cost of everything will just end up rising and the consumer will just have to bear the burden because Shaniqua needs extra money for Trayvon`s Iphone bill.

LMAO....this ^^^

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Fair point if you look at it like that lol.

I just liken it to when the media interviews Hollywood actors and asks them their thoughts on foreign relations, and people watch with bated breath, and I'm thinking, these are the last people in the world whose input matters regarding anything worthwhile.

Reminds me of when Meryl Street testified before Congress in 1986 about "alar" in apples...turned out to be a complete hoax...her biggest line was wailing, "What are we doing to our children???"   ::)
~

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
because liberals are all about transferring wealth to the least deserving and creating a dependent class whose votes they can count on

ironic that many of the same libtards who feel fast food workers should be paid such high wages are the same ones who think fast food should be banned in the interest of "public health"   ::)

LOL. Yeah O.K., I'm a liberal.  ::) I don't feel that wealth should be distributed. I feel that wealth should be earned.

The people I knew were underpaid for the job they did and were treated like shit not only  by customers but mostly by management. My only interest in this stems from people I know personally, not my polictal views or political agenda.

Honestly, I don't care anymore. Just understand not everyone who works at a fastfood place is Shaniqua or Trayvon. Please, everyone knows the Shaniqua's and Trayvon's of the world don't work.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Reminds me of when Meryl Street testified before Congress in 1986 about "alar" in apples...turned out to be a complete hoax...her biggest line was wailing, "What are we doing to our children???"   ::)

Not familiar with this, was before my time, but sounds like the typical bullshit

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Fair point if you look at it like that lol.

I just liken it to when the media interviews Hollywood actors and asks them their thoughts on foreign relations, and people watch with bated breath, and I'm thinking, these are the last people in the world whose input matters regarding anything worthwhile.

I see what you're saying, we should be able to count on these learned men when speaking of economic and fiscal policy. Problem is, we can't and we never could because there was always dirty shit going on. The reason 15.00 an hour sounds so absurd to people is because they've grown up in an environment where they've been told it's detrimental but they couldn't even tell you why it's detrimental and to who it's supposedly detrimental to.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
Man, a lot of really fucked up ideas in this thread.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
Slavery, my friends. The ugliest parts of humanity can't move away from the idea that it's somehow a "necessity".

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
Why in the fuck isn't there a standing financial offer to influence so-benefited people to decline or delay reproduction? It is the ONLY thing that can increase the value of a human being, and it would be all-correcting within just a few generations.

Every time I hear some piece of shit complain about those on welfare or food stamps or low-wage jobs, etc., I wonder if the motherfcker complaining has a brain, or whether he's capable of serious thought.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
All lifeforms organize themselves in pyramidal societies where a minority of the rare smartest and/or strongest are a the top while the dumbest are below them and outnumber them by a tenfold. In all societies the richest, most powerful and "intelligent" pay dumb people who love to use weapons to keep control of the even dumber masses.
 You want to end this? then end life, because that's just the way life is.

Now these fast food fuckers work a shit job and probably deserve more than they earn compared to people who pretend to work more than they actually do; it's not like the corporations dont have the money. Problem is the minute they quit millions of third worlders will gladly take their places. This is multiculturalism and "globalization".  Looks like a salary raise aint gonna happen anytime soon.

All of this will somehow "end" very soon anyway when global economy crashes. Most of the first world population has been living beyond its means for so long a necessary and automatical balancing process will have to happen. Again , only the smartest fittest and strongest will survive.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
Mistaking wealth for intelligence is problem number one.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I see what you're saying, we should be able to count on these learned men when speaking of economic and fiscal policy. Problem is, we can't and we never could because there was always dirty shit going on. The reason 15.00 an hour sounds so absurd to people is because they've grown up in an environment where they've been told it's detrimental but they couldn't even tell you why it's detrimental and to who it's supposedly detrimental to.
LOL "supposedly"

let me ask wiggs, do you know what an income statement is?

do you know what COGS is?

do you know how that effects gross margin?

do you know how gross margin effects net income?

do you know where labor goes in an income statement?

only an ignorant fool would say what you did....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
answer this wiggs, since you cite their billions in profits as reasoning for your wanting them to pay their workers more.

do you also feel that the companies should be able to pay them less or even none if they are in the red?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
because liberals are all about transferring wealth to the least deserving and creating a dependent class whose votes they can count on

ironic that many of the same libtards who feel fast food workers should be paid such high wages are the same ones who think fast food should be banned in the interest of "public health"   ::)
Exactly.  Its downright hilarious.  I was just talking about this. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
LOL. Yeah O.K., I'm a liberal.  ::) I don't feel that wealth should be distributed. I feel that wealth should be earned.

The people I knew were underpaid for the job they did and were treated like shit not only  by customers but mostly by management. My only interest in this stems from people I know personally, not my polictal views or political agenda.

Honestly, I don't care anymore. Just understand not everyone who works at a fastfood place is Shaniqua or Trayvon. Please, everyone knows the Shaniqua's and Trayvon's of the world don't work.
How does paying them more stop management from treating them like shit?  If anything, they will take even more shit because they are getting paid more.

I fail to see any logic whatsoever in your "reasoning".

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
ive worked fast food before it is hard work

that being said 15 an hr for everyone is bulls shit most of the people i worked with were fucking low lifes to begin with and had poor work ethics, i was in management.

and to those who are poor and have families fuck them, dont fuck and have kids if youre to fucking dumb to make money its real simple

tell tyrone and ravon, to pull there big black dicks out and not have babies they cant afford.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
As if fast food chains don't make enough that they can't afford to pay up a little bit. Most people go to work for 8 hours a day and do about 3 hours of actual work, if that. These kids ( and not all of them are un-educated) work their asses off their entire shift and get treated like shit.

I don't eat fast food. So I could give a shit less if they raise the price of a whopper. Not everyone gets ripped on cheeseburgers and chocolate bars.

Maybe you don't but others do. They HAVE to raise the cost of each item to make up for the increase in pay. You also have to take into consideration that places like McDonalds is affordable eating to people who are oppressed. You raise the price and you shut those people out. They also wouldn't be paying up "just a little", it would be more than double of they get now.

Jobs at places like McDonalds are also not made for people who have to support a family, it's jobs mostly for high school drop outs or college kids. Just out of curiosity, what do you think the profit margin actually is on a hamburger taking out the cost to process the food, overhead and insurances?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Good for them. I hope they get it. If you take the $2.00 minimum wage Martin Luther King Jr. wanted back in his day and adjust it for inflation, it equals to 15.25 today. The should be a mandatory minimum wage of at least $15.00 per hour. Republicans will argue it will cause them not to hire or spend money on their businesses. Too fucking bad. There's been nothing to show raising the minimum wage has a negative effect on business overall. Look back in history. It never has. The poor and the people that aren't that blessed (or cursed) with intellect have the right to earn a living to take care of their family. The companies make billions of dollars and it can be said since it's not automated yet, no fast foodworkers, no fast food.

I've never worked fast food and never would. But these people take a beating on a daily basis from assholes around the country for shit money. At least $15.00 would kinda make it worth and would put them in a better financial situation. Then you can kick people off welfare and that's alot of money saved there also.
::)

Yes, pay Jamal more money than an enlisted United States soldier makes.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

bro it sounds like your friends were using those jobs as stepping stones to something else, perhaps they worked there in high school/college. They quit and likely found much better jobs with much higher pay, just like these people have the ability to do.

The moment we start forcing people to work these jobs is the moment they can bitch about the pay. Millions of people have done what they needed to do to get good paying jobs whether that be going to school, learning a trade, starting a business, or simply leaving within their means.

Explain to me why these people cannot do the same?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
1. Paying Jamal 15 dollars an hour will just raise the bar for hiring requirements for a supposed "low skilled" job.  Do you think they are just going to give a 15 dollar an hour job away to Jamal with a drug problem and criminal record off the street?  At 15 dollars an hour they will require a degree and what not.  Gone will be jobs for the poor morons complaining.  They are shooting themselves in the foot and not even realizing it.   :D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
2. Paying Jamal 15 dollars an hour will eliminate all part time positions and/or cause the firing of other employees to make the cost.  Part time work will be gone and the staff will be reduced with an even greater workload causing even worse treatment.  Jamal will now have to work 8-12 hour shifts like a slave and Kareem will be fired and they won`t even hire Demetrius because he doesn't have a college degree.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
If anything, Jerome isn`t getting a raise, Jerome is getting fired.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
jamal would use that extra money he got to get all the goodies on  his iphone and the new air jordans and limited edition lebrons, he would not use this extra money

for his 4 kids that he had with different hood rats.  

i worked with a ton of people like this they arent the britest people in the world

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Jamal Ruffchild Falcon in 1308 was the first to accept minimum wage as a black man day laborer, but then due to his royal bloodline became a prominite afro-american in the late 1400's
A