Author Topic: Fast Food Workers - We want $15 and hour!  (Read 17563 times)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Jamal Ruffchild Falcon in 1308 was the first to accept minimum wage as a black man day laborer, but then due to his royal bloodline became a prominite afro-american in the late 1400's

an incredibly long life span, especially by the day's standards

???
~

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
Jamal Ruffchild Falcon in 1308 was the first to accept minimum wage as a black man day laborer, but then due to his royal bloodline became a prominite afro-american in the late 1400's

St. Germain, himself??

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
I will tell you something true.  My grandfather was the first person in NC to give equal wages to blacks in his Furniture factory in the 50s.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I used to hear all about the Schwartzes and how hard they USED to work. hahha

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
I used to hear all about the Schwartzes and how hard they USED to work. hahha

I used the term "Ductlas"   I learned it from Judy Blume.
~

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
Maybe you don't but others do. They HAVE to raise the cost of each item to make up for the increase in pay. You also have to take into consideration that places like McDonalds is affordable eating to people who are oppressed. You raise the price and you shut those people out. They also wouldn't be paying up "just a little", it would be more than double of they get now.

Jobs at places like McDonalds are also not made for people who have to support a family, it's jobs mostly for high school drop outs or college kids. Just out of curiosity, what do you think the profit margin actually is on a hamburger taking out the cost to process the food, overhead and insurances?

Good post, I see your point. You are correct in that fast food can feed a family for cheap.

My contention isn't that they be paid 15 bucks an hour. My contention is that they work their asses off for little pay and probably deserve more than they make. I understand its unskilled labor and their pay is comeasurate. But I don't think its fair to classify everyone who works in fastfood as pookie and rayray either.  Pookie and rayray don't work. People who work for a living aren't the problem.

I have no idea what the profit margin is. I know that you can get a double cheeseburger for a buck and thats a bargain if you're talking calories per cent.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
You should be paid what the environment determines you should be paid based on the value you bring to the company that hires you.  No one (or a company) should be forced by law to pay someone a specific wage...that's communism and central statust planning.

Businesses are not created to provide jobs.  They are created to provide a service...jobs are by product of that. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
You should be paid what the environment determines you should be paid based on the value you bring to the company that hires you.  No one (or a company) should be forced by law to pay someone a specific wage...that's communism and central statust planning.

Businesses are not created to provide jobs.  They are created to provide a service...jobs are by product of that. 

Seems to me, this creates an incentive to have an out-of-control population.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
Maybe you don't but others do. They HAVE to raise the cost of each item to make up for the increase in pay. You also have to take into consideration that places like McDonalds is affordable eating to people who are oppressed. You raise the price and you shut those people out. They also wouldn't be paying up "just a little", it would be more than double of they get now.

Jobs at places like McDonalds are also not made for people who have to support a family, it's jobs mostly for high school drop outs or college kids. Just out of curiosity, what do you think the profit margin actually is on a hamburger taking out the cost to process the food, overhead and insurances?

Please go into detail, Coach.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I never understand why all the 99 percenters on here choose to align themselves w/ the 1 percent.

I hope they get the $15. McDonalds can well afford it.
::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I never understand why all the 99 percenters on here choose to align themselves w/ the 1 percent.

I never understand why the 99% begrudge the 1% for their success instead of doing what the should to better their situation, their childrens situation, their childrens childrens situation and so on

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
jamal would use that extra money he got to get all the goodies on  his iphone and the new air jordans and limited edition lebrons, he would not use this extra money

for his 4 kids that he had with different hood rats.  

i worked with a ton of people like this they arent the britest people in the world

..and either are you

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V

Because they choose not to think it through.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Good for them. I hope they get it. If you take the $2.00 minimum wage Martin Luther King Jr. wanted back in his day and adjust it for inflation, it equals to 15.25 today. The should be a mandatory minimum wage of at least $15.00 per hour. Republicans will argue it will cause them not to hire or spend money on their businesses. Too fucking bad. There's been nothing to show raising the minimum wage has a negative effect on business overall. Look back in history. It never has. The poor and the people that aren't that blessed (or cursed) with intellect have the right to earn a living to take care of their family. The companies make billions of dollars and it can be said since it's not automated yet, no fast foodworkers, no fast food.

I've never worked fast food and never would. But these people take a beating on a daily basis from assholes around the country for shit money. At least $15.00 would kinda make it worth and would put them in a better financial situation. Then you can kick people off welfare and that's alot of money saved there also.

So because they're stupid, they deserve that much money? I came out of college not even making that, and what I did was a hell of a lot harder. Granted I was working 55-60 hours a week and was grossing over a grand, but still, they should be paid as the morons they are. If they're worth  it, promote them to management.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
They don't, that's their problem. They think the system is on the level but it's not.
how is it not?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
My initial impressions. 

Fast food workers are mostly all rude, incompetent people that don't care about their jobs or the customers.  They are always fucking up people's orders and half they time you can't understand a fucking word they say because they talk too fast and barely speak English.  The job that they do is not worth 15 dollars per hour.  It's a non-skilled, entry level job and not a career.

However,

I agree that the greed of the Corporations and franchisees is such that they would hire Mexicans and pay them .50 per hour if they could get away with it.  They only care about maximizing profits and so what if their employees live in poverty.

The reaction to this from most people is that they want the government to force business owners to increase wages.  The problem is that businesses will not eat that extra money and take a hit to their profit margin.  If they are forced to pay more for labor they will just hike up the prices to make up the difference.  This leads to inflation and who gets hit hardest by inflation?  Low skill workers.  They might make a little more in their paycheck but it doesn't matter because everything that they buy is going to cost more across the board. 

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
My initial impressions. 

Fast food workers are mostly all rude, incompetent people that don't care about their jobs or the customers.  They are always fucking up people's orders and half they time you can't understand a fucking word they say because they talk too fast and barely speak English.  The job that they do is not worth 15 dollars per hour.  It's a non-skilled, entry level job and not a career.

However,

I agree that the greed of the Corporations and franchisees is such that they would hire Mexicans and pay them .50 per hour if they could get away with it.  They only care about maximizing profits and so what if their employees live in poverty.

The reaction to this from most people is that they want the government to force business owners to increase wages.  The problem is that businesses will not eat that extra money and take a hit to their profit margin.  If they are forced to pay more for labor they will just hike up the prices to make up the difference.  This leads to inflation and who gets hit hardest by inflation?  Low skill workers.  They might make a little more in their paycheck but it doesn't matter because everything that they buy is going to cost more across the board. 

Who are you?

One of the most logical, honest and thoughtful posts I have ever read on this site- you must be lost.  ;)

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
Thing that's always gotten me, is how our borders are like swiss cheese. With "security measures" that are beating the living shit out of us, the citizens, we have borders that are OPEN FUCKING DOORS.

Some of you guys are so fucking dumb, I can't imagine where you get your ideas from. Fucking amazingly stupid, I'm so sorry to say.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
great post!!!  these greedy corporations are swimming in water yet dont pay the people who make that possible a wage that is nothing short of slavery.  these people need to band together and all strike and agree not to fill in the job gaps until their demands are met.  that will show the corps how the money they swim in is generated.

also for all you idiots saying prices of food would increase you are just plain dumb fast food pockets the money they dont pay there employees what do you think mcds profit after all expense paid was last year?  paying there employees 15 an hour would hardly put a dent in greedy corp net profits now digest and stfu conservatives.

govt needs regulations from corps hiking up prices if they pay there workers more corps are the devils offspring!

Take a seat son

AVBG

Agree 100%

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
I'd agree with a raise if the fucks could get half an order right.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Working a McD type job is not intended to nor was it ever intended to support a family.  It's an ENTRY LEVEL position ::)

The majority of workers who earn a minimum wage in the US work outside of the restaurant industry. In reality, only 5% of the 10 million restaurant employees earn the minimum wage. Those who do are predominantly teenagers working part-time.  According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 71% of minimum-wage employees in the restaurant industry are under the age of 25 and 47% are teenagers.

Politicians, labor unions and the media portray service jobs as inferior or less valuable to society than other kinds of employment. Instead of degrading this type of hard work, critics might consider the pride that many restaurant workers take in their jobs and the skills they learn.

Many Americans rely on the additional income and flexibility of these jobs.  Most restaurant workers are students with irregular schedules, teenagers saving for school or people who need a job with flexible hours that fit their busy lives.  Part-time, entry-level work fills a critical need in the nation's workforce.

85% percent of minimum wage employees are students, young people without kids or the second or third wage earner in their family. The average household income of a minimum wage earner is $62,507.

Restaurants train inexperienced workers – teaching them the skills they will need to succeed on any career path, whether in the foodservice industry, or elsewhere.

Ultimately, the fast food strike hurts and exploits low-wage workers, stifles recovery, and creates an environment where it is harder for young people to get their first jobs. If only the economically illiterate mainstream media could explain this instead of simply filming crowds.  ::)

:

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
By the way: there is limited wealth on this planet, and the mere possession of wealth attracts yet more of it.

That requires control. Period. This world cannot support a winners-take-all approach. Such an approach will fail, and is now failing before our eyes.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
By the way: there is limited wealth on this planet, and the mere possession of wealth attracts yet more of it.

That requires control. Period. This world cannot support a winners-take-all approach. Such an approach will fail, and is now failing before our eyes.
LOL explain how there is a limited amount of wealth in the world.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
LOL explain how there is a limited amount of wealth in the world.

Tony. Are you telling me there's unlimited wealth?