Author Topic: Anti-LGBT Baker FORCED to bake cakes for Homosexual Weddings?  (Read 91212 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Anti-LGBT Baker FORCED to bake cakes for Homosexual Weddings?
« Reply #550 on: August 24, 2019, 09:50:44 AM »
Yep - Exactly Right
When I had my gym I got Pissed of with Paki’s
Always owing £ for membership if I wasn’t there
So
1, I banned
2, I charged them more for monthly Membership
3, No Queers / Trans / Or other Types of Bgtlqfzxyegkmafwt Etc allowed.

Worked wonders for the Gym.

Best gym on the other side of the pond.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #551 on: August 24, 2019, 10:03:25 AM »
Yep - Exactly Right
When I had my gym I got Pissed of with Paki’s
Always owing £ for membership if I wasn’t there
So
1, I banned
2, I charged them more for monthly Membership
3, No Queers / Trans / Or other Types of Bgtlqfzxyegkmafwt Etc allowed.

Worked wonders for the Gym.

Apparently discrimination laws are different there than here, or were at the time. Doing any of the things you did at your gym, today in the U.S. is grounds for lawsuits. In Oregon, the Bureau of Labor and Industry fines business owners for discrimination when there is a complaint. So, even if customers down pursue a lawsuit, you might still be out several thousand dollars.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #552 on: August 24, 2019, 11:04:54 AM »
A business owner should be able to reserve the right to refuse service to customers on whatever grounds they want. When there are no customers left to serve, they get what they asked for.

I’ll agree with this in the private sector, BUT, if you are working for the government or municipality, I do not believe you should have this right to pick and choose who you work with based on race. Say I’m building a road for a city with tax money, I shouldn’t be able to in a instance like this. Other than that, people should reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Like you said, the free market will make the correction. Fuck government involvement in some bakers business affairs.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #553 on: August 24, 2019, 03:23:19 PM »
I’ll agree with this in the private sector, BUT, if you are working for the government or municipality, I do not believe you should have this right to pick and choose who you work with based on race. Say I’m building a road for a city with tax money, I shouldn’t be able to in a instance like this. Other than that, people should reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Like you said, the free market will make the correction. Fuck government involvement in some bakers business affairs.

If there was nondiscrimination clauses in the contract then the company that wins the bid (road building, etc.) must comply. As a previous public employee and employee representative, I know that discrimination is not permissible. This doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Portland settles discrimination lawsuit with water bureau employee for $20,000
Updated Jul 3, 2019; Posted Jun 20, 2019

Multnomah County Pays $100,000 to Settle Racial Discrimination Lawsuit
by Blair Stenvick • Apr 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #554 on: August 24, 2019, 06:02:37 PM »
Apparently discrimination laws are different there than here, or were at the time. Doing any of the things you did at your gym, today in the U.S. is grounds for lawsuits. In Oregon, the Bureau of Labor and Industry fines business owners for discrimination when there is a complaint. So, even if customers down pursue a lawsuit, you might still be out several thousand dollars.

That just goes to show Just how fucked up things are now.
My business my terms - I don’t want / need you Fuck Off
Is How it was & Should Be.

Soft Bellied Snowflake PC Crap has ruined everything.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #555 on: August 25, 2019, 06:38:29 PM »
If there was nondiscrimination clauses in the contract then the company that wins the bid (road building, etc.) must comply. As a previous public employee and employee representative, I know that discrimination is not permissible. This doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Portland settles discrimination lawsuit with water bureau employee for $20,000
Updated Jul 3, 2019; Posted Jun 20, 2019

Multnomah County Pays $100,000 to Settle Racial Discrimination Lawsuit
by Blair Stenvick • Apr 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm

Any city, state or federal contract I’ve ever signed has a page specifically for “non discrimination” so when it comes to that, you can’t do it. But, if you own a restaurant and don’t want to serve someone, fuck it. Roll the dice and see where it gets you.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #556 on: August 26, 2019, 04:39:05 PM »
Any city, state or federal contract I’ve ever signed has a page specifically for “non discrimination” so when it comes to that, you can’t do it. But, if you own a restaurant and don’t want to serve someone, fuck it. Roll the dice and see where it gets you.

This is bad advice. Restaurant and bar owners are subject to fines which can be high enough to put them out of business.

Oregon Court of Appeals upholds civil rights decision, $400,000 judgment against Portland bar that banned transgender customers
Updated Sep 23, 2015; Posted Sep 23, 2015

In a ruling based on a landmark civil rights law, the Oregon Court of Appeals on Wednesday upheld a $400,000 damages award against a North Portland bar that turned away a group of transgender patrons.

Bar owner Chris Penner had challenged a Bureau of Labor and Industries finding that he had illegally discriminated against Rose City T-Club members when he asked them to not come back to his establishment because he didn't want it known as a "tranny bar" or "gay bar."

Chris Penner, whose bar was shuttered by BOLI fines concerning transgender patrons, waging write-in campaign for labor commissioner
Updated May 6, 2014; Posted May 6, 2014

https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2015/09/oregon_court_of_appeals_uphold.html

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2014/05/chris_penner_whose_bar_was_shu.html

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #557 on: August 26, 2019, 05:31:06 PM »
This is bad advice. Restaurant and bar owners are subject to fines which can be high enough to put them out of business.

Oregon Court of Appeals upholds civil rights decision, $400,000 judgment against Portland bar that banned transgender customers

In a ruling based on a landmark civil rights law, the Oregon Court of Appeals on Wednesday upheld a $400,000 damages award against a North Portland bar that turned away a group of transgender patrons.

Bar owner Chris Penner had challenged a Bureau of Labor and Industries finding that he had illegally discriminated against Rose City T-Club members when he asked them to not come back to his establishment because he didn't want it known as a "tranny bar" or "gay bar."

Chris Penner, whose bar was shuttered by BOLI fines concerning transgender patrons, waging write-in campaign for labor commissioner

That just goes to show Just how Fucked up the Laws have become.
Sure they have managed to close that establishment, It won’t change
How he thinks of a bunch of Queers - People cannot be forced to like
Those they don’t like - That’s Human Nature.

It was his bar/ business if he didn’t want queer folk/ white people / fat people
Or whomever that should be his choice.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #558 on: August 26, 2019, 06:04:29 PM »

That's terrible. No man should lose his livelihood because he didn't want some weirdos drinking in his bar.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!