Author Topic: Universal Healthcare - cheaper and now in the USA  (Read 60845 times)

The_Leafy_Bug

Re: Obama Healthcare Bill just officially passed
« Reply #250 on: March 23, 2010, 05:42:19 AM »
Here comes a third 20 year old MTV liberal with his head up his ass who still lives with his parents, doesn't pay taxes, Vote or have a job ::)

Ironic that you misspelled "ridiculous". Fuck!
Hahahah please tell me you are not that stupid... PLEASE tell me you haven't forgot the past. Do i really need to run you off this board again and cause you to melt and come back on a gimmick? I am very aware of how to spell ridiculous.

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #251 on: March 23, 2010, 06:46:38 AM »
When do I get to stop paying my insurance premiums?
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #252 on: March 23, 2010, 07:09:58 AM »
16,000 new IRS agents to police healthcare coming.  New gov agencies and commissions created with this bill.

There are good provisions but people must look deeper into the bill to see that it is a bad bill overall.  They should have passed several good provisions as a package instead of this 2700 page, costly monster.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #253 on: March 23, 2010, 07:23:21 AM »
Barack lied. You still have to pay for kfc.

I think we can say with close to 100% certainty that, Barack, like many politicians, misrepresented himself and his intentions during the 2008 campaign.  He never would have been elected with this health care overhaul as a selling point.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: March 23, 2010, 07:32:26 AM »
I think he would have still been elected because of the feeling in the nation at that time and many people did want some healthcare reform (after fixing the economy) but not in the fashion it was done over the past year. He definitely misrepresented himself in some ways... as a centrist and uniter in the general campaign.  Look at his history, he is a champion for the poor, the minority community, a community activist and believes strongly in the progressive liberal movement.  It's not an insult at all, that's just who he is.  People just didn't look hard enough and got swept up in the movement, rhetoric, the historic election and his impressive speeches.  He is a talented, intelligent politician but he is not a centrist in any way.
I like that we have a black president, I just wish he wasn't a liberal progressive.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #255 on: March 23, 2010, 07:33:10 AM »
To one day achieve a nice happy life, not drive a luxury car or posses the most expensive things, but to live comfortably.  I do not want a huge house, fancy watch, or designer clothes.  Although I am on my way to achieving my goal, I am not to the point where I can comfortably say I am there, I am on my way.
So what are you doing to achieve this goal?  You are going to have a much more difficult time accomplishing this than your predecessors.

And why with the insults of sucking dick whoever said that, really has nothing to do with this thread ?

Middle America for the most part supports it, even if all you hear on conservative media stations them telling you they don't and people calling in, they are just repeating what they hear, middle America isn't having their taxes go up because of it, and they will get better health care in an affordable way in the end.
NO, middle America DOES NOT support this bill.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  The left-wingers are greatly concentrated on the two coasts.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #256 on: March 23, 2010, 07:37:18 AM »
I think he would have still been elected because of the feeling in the nation at that time and many people did want some healthcare reform (after fixing the economy) but not in the fashion it was done over the past year. He definitely misrepresented himself in some ways... as a centrist and uniter in the general campaign.  Look at his history, he is a champion for the poor, the minority community, a community activist and believes strongly in the progressive liberal movement.  It's not an insult at all, that's just who he is.  People just didn't look hard enough and got swept up in the movement, rhetoric, the historic election and his impressive speeches.  He is a talented, intelligent politician but he is not a centrist in any way.
I like that we have a black president, I just wish he wasn't a liberal progressive.

Like many others, I voted for him on the promise of a better approach to foreign policy. Bush was a foreign policy nightmare, and Obama looked to be the polished, articulate antithesis of GW.  Unfortunately, Obama has turned out to be marginally better than Bush in foreign policy matters and is MAINLY a SOCIAL REFORMER. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #257 on: March 23, 2010, 07:47:28 AM »
Hahahah please tell me you are not that stupid... PLEASE tell me you haven't forgot the past. Do i really need to run you off this board again and cause you to melt and come back on a gimmick? I am very aware of how to spell ridiculous.

Let me remind you until you came back on here last night and started shit that I know your name, what city you live and where you train plus I have the means....don't underestimate me you little bastard.

Past? You mean the past where you cut and paste my board name? That past?

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #258 on: March 23, 2010, 07:53:31 AM »
I think he would have still been elected because of the feeling in the nation at that time and many people did want some healthcare reform (after fixing the economy) but not in the fashion it was done over the past year. He definitely misrepresented himself in some ways...

You are correct sir. Other than the black and truly liberal votes the people that voted for him were the ones that voted against McCain. That may have sounded wierd. The voters were afraid of another Bush and then we had Palin to go along with it.

A lot of voters weren't really on board with Obama's platform, he got votes because of a lack of a better option.

I've worked in a retail pharmacy for a year and now for the past 2 I've worked in a hospital. Our policy at the hospital is to discharge the medicare patients ASAP as soon as their lab results or tests come back ok, as opposed to private insurance patients that we want to stay as long as possible because private insurance pays the cost in a timely manner and the full amount. A lot of doctors won't even see medicare patients, and I know in the bill it says docs will get more money if they see goverment insurance patients but that is a crock of shit because the current system does not work. It takes 6 - 12 months for medicaid and medicare to reimburse the caregiver (pharmacy or doctor or hospital)

Medicare only reimburses the hospital 88 cents on the dollar. Only 88% of the cost is paid for, the other 12% is written off as a loss. When a hospital dishes out millions of dollars worth of services the 12% loss comes out to a significant number.

What I'm getting at is when the government will control a large portion of health insurance, nothing will change as far as timely reimbursement and FULL reimbursement. Why do you think that Walgreens will no longer accept Medicaid patients as of April 16th or 18th?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #259 on: March 23, 2010, 07:53:54 AM »
Like many others, I voted for him on the promise of a better approach to foreign policy. Bush was a foreign policy nightmare, and Obama looked to be the polished, articulate antithesis of GW.  Unfortunately, Obama has turned out to be marginally better than Bush in foreign policy matters and is MAINLY a SOCIAL REFORMER. 

not trying to be a jackass, but why would you think Obama would have been better at foreign policy?  He had ZERO experience doing it and he campaigned more on the social reform platform.

I think the key word is "articulate."  I heard others before the election mentioning that....he is nothing more than the cult of personality personified.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #260 on: March 23, 2010, 08:05:12 AM »
not trying to be a jackass, but why would you think Obama would have been better at foreign policy?  He had ZERO experience doing it and he campaigned more on the social reform platform.

I think the key word is "articulate."  I heard others before the election mentioning that....he is nothing more than the cult of personality personified.

Well, the other choice was McCain, who was talking about endless wars.  Let's also not forget Sarah Palin was in the equation, and that was out of the question.  I overlooked Obama's lack of experience based on his demeanor and words.  Was this a big mistake?  I don't like what he's doing, but I'm not sure McCain would be any better.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #261 on: March 23, 2010, 08:07:23 AM »
Palin supports amnesty for illlegals.
Palin supported the bank bailout bill.
Palin supports capping emissions, known as Cap/Trade.

She's pretty liberal herself.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #262 on: March 23, 2010, 08:08:08 AM »
You are correct sir. Other than the black and truly liberal votes the people that voted for him were the ones that voted against McCain. That may have sounded wierd. The voters were afraid of another Bush and then we had Palin to go along with it.

A lot of voters weren't really on board with Obama's platform, he got votes because of a lack of a better option.

I've worked in a retail pharmacy for a year and now for the past 2 I've worked in a hospital. Our policy at the hospital is to discharge the medicare patients ASAP as soon as their lab results or tests come back ok, as opposed to private insurance patients that we want to stay as long as possible because private insurance pays the cost in a timely manner and the full amount. A lot of doctors won't even see medicare patients, and I know in the bill it says docs will get more money if they see goverment insurance patients but that is a crock of shit because the current system does not work. It takes 6 - 12 months for medicaid and medicare to reimburse the caregiver (pharmacy or doctor or hospital)

Medicare only reimburses the hospital 88 cents on the dollar. Only 88% of the cost is paid for, the other 12% is written off as a loss. When a hospital dishes out millions of dollars worth of services the 12% loss comes out to a significant number.

What I'm getting at is when the government will control a large portion of health insurance, nothing will change as far as timely reimbursement and FULL reimbursement. Why do you think that Walgreens will no longer accept Medicaid patients as of April 16th or 18th?

Great post!  My mother is an oncologist and her group will no longer accept Medicare patients. She also said many of her partners are getting out of medicine and retiring early or going into other fields.  In 10 years from now, our medical and health care system will be unrecognizable.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #263 on: March 23, 2010, 08:10:27 AM »
Palin supports amnesty for illlegals.
Palin supported the bank bailout bill.
Palin supports capping emissions, known as Cap/Trade.

She's pretty liberal herself.

Palin isn't even worth talking about.  She's a joke and the Republicans will ditch her after she humiliates herself in 2012 when she tries to run for President.  Romney, Thune, Brown, Cantor...there are plenty of decent candidates to run against Obama in 2012.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: March 23, 2010, 08:13:52 AM »
'Palin isn't even worth talking about.  She's a joke and the Republicans will ditch her after she humiliates herself in 2012 when she tries to run for President.  Romney, Thune, Brown, Cantor...there are plenty of decent candidates to run against Obama in 2012.'

I dunno... I agree she's a joke, and most qualified repubs know this, but they're nice to her to get her support in 2012 once she drops out.

But she is the most recognized republican in america.  Intrade.com has her at 21.6% chance of getting the repub nod in 2012... more than anyone else. 

I would LOVE for the repubs to run a pawlenty or great candidate to whip obama.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #265 on: March 23, 2010, 08:16:05 AM »
'Palin isn't even worth talking about.  She's a joke and the Republicans will ditch her after she humiliates herself in 2012 when she tries to run for President.  Romney, Thune, Brown, Cantor...there are plenty of decent candidates to run against Obama in 2012.'

I dunno... I agree she's a joke, and most qualified repubs know this, but they're nice to her to get her support in 2012 once she drops out. EXACTLY. She's just being used right now while she still holds some political value.

But she is the most recognized republican in america.  Intrade.com has her at 21.6% chance of getting the repub nod in 2012... more than anyone else.  I dont know anything about intrade.com, but she's not going to make it.  If she does and Obama wins again, I'm applying for a visa to Australia.

I would LOVE for the repubs to run a pawlenty or great candidate to whip obama. Me too!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: March 23, 2010, 08:23:08 AM »
the problem is, you'll have 10 republican candiates licking their chops to destroy obama in 2012.

Five of them will be REALLY GOOD and make it to the final rounds of the primary.  Palin will have the braindead religious fanatics and tea party members in her pocket, probably earning the stupidest 30% of republican voters.  The other 5 people will have to split the other 70% vote.

That is the worst case scenario - that republicans will actually divide themselves up.  Instead of uniting behind an awesome candidate, they'll have palin slurring about 'you betcha' while obama brags about actual experience now.

I gotta admit, it's hilarious seeing her on FOX.  last night, she was reading her teleprompter answers so fast in response to the quesitons hannity gave her.  Detailed sentences with supports, multiple points, perfect punctuation and huge words.

Then, her asked a few folluw up questions, and it was the same old palin!  Run-on sentences, silly primary words, repeating herself, and a general lack of depth.  It was like two different palins. 

So that is the one hope.  When she's on the stump trying to get the nomination, she can't read from a teleprompter.  I know obama gets shit for using a telrprompter now, but he spent 22 months on the road, speaking 14 hours a day to reporters and people without one.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #267 on: March 23, 2010, 09:09:21 AM »
Well, the other choice was McCain, who was talking about endless wars.  Let's also not forget Sarah Palin was in the equation, and that was out of the question.  I overlooked Obama's lack of experience based on his demeanor and words.  Was this a big mistake?  I don't like what he's doing, but I'm not sure McCain would be any better.

Fair enough, but I think all McCain was doing was telling the truth in regards to combat in the ME, whereas Obama was obviously just paying lip service as he really hasn't done anything different than probably what McCain did.  Palin wasn't qualified as a VP, which was a huge mistake, but the slim chance of her becoming president didn't outweigh my thoughts on what a disaster Obama is going to be.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #268 on: March 23, 2010, 09:42:52 AM »
Palin isn't even worth talking about.  She's a joke and the Republicans will ditch her after she humiliates herself in 2012 when she tries to run for President.  Romney, Thune, Brown, Cantor...there are plenty of decent candidates to run against Obama in 2012.

thank you. great post, the woman is simply too dumb to understand she doesn't qualify to do this job. the analogy that comes to mind is fairly descritive I hope,it's like putting somebody that sucks at violin playing in the first chair of the New York Philharmonic to lead the orchestra. ;D
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: March 23, 2010, 09:44:57 AM »
People mainly wanted a change from Bush, they didn't open their eyes enough to see the progressive agenda that came with Obama.
Relentless, you're right.  I thought the one good thing about Obama is that he may have been able to lessen our military involvement abroad & cut some spending there....which absolutely did not happen.  What did happen is significant social change...and more to come.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #270 on: March 23, 2010, 09:48:57 AM »
I think we can say with close to 100% certainty that, Barack, like many politicians, misrepresented himself and his intentions during the 2008 campaign.  He never would have been elected with this health care overhaul as a selling point.

Not true.  He said it was a major goal of his administration.

What he lied about was having transparency in the process, something this 'new deal' has not had during its entire journey.

Obama was going to be elected regardless of his platform, but because the nation was so overwhelmingly opposed to UHC, many of us figured that it would never pass, even with the Democratic majority in both the House and Senate. 

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #271 on: March 23, 2010, 10:58:27 AM »
Not true.  He said it was a major goal of his administration. The specifics of this health care bill would not have gotten him elected.  Also, the manner of which this bill has been passed is largely distasteful to the American public.  He also ran on a platform that included closing Guantanamo Bay (not going to happen) and withdrawal from Iraq (hasn't happened and likely will not happen).

What he lied about was having transparency in the process, something this 'new deal' has not had during its entire journey. Correct.

Obama was going to be elected regardless of his platform, but because the nation was so overwhelmingly opposed to UHC, many of us figured that it would never pass, even with the Democratic majority in both the House and Senate.  
Now we all know what the nebulous change he spoke of actually means.  Obama is a dyed-in-the-wool social reformist.  Not good.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #272 on: March 23, 2010, 11:04:22 AM »
Not true.  He said it was a major goal of his administration.

he said: universal, single payer, government funded healthcare.

we got: a law that requires us to buy a product from a private business or else we pay a fee, and a law that tells private business that they have to, at times, accept bad deals that they will probably lose money on

but because the nation was so overwhelmingly opposed to UHC, many of us figured that it would never pass, even with the Democratic majority in both the House and Senate.  

WRONG

the corporate lobby, and the news media who are tied in with them, created the false image of an America opposed to UHC.

go ask everyperson you find on the street: would you prefer it if you had free access to doctors hospitals medications and all types of medical care?

unanimously the answer would be yes

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #273 on: March 23, 2010, 11:06:29 AM »

ahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude you are misinformed

Obama: Push over, over compromising, pussy who doesnt follow through and does not understand how to lead

he is extremely book smart

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: Panhandlers REJOICE!!!!! healthcare reform is here and..
« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2010, 12:58:10 PM »
THIS is the kind of elitist, "I don't give a shit about anybody else" attidude that will be the decline of our society, NOT health care reform.

Many poor people do hard manual labor for very low wages. Sometimes 2 jobs. If you were never fortunate enough to have access to a decent education, everything is more difficult for you and many people in that situation have to work harder.
You think a guy sitting in an office trading shitty stocks works harder than a guy who does construction AND some part time jobs on the side to just to pay his bills?

Really?
It's not all about work ethic Einstein.

x2
TEAM Nasser