Author Topic: Are Coleman and Yates's Olympia wins to blame for...  (Read 939 times)

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
Are Coleman and Yates's Olympia wins to blame for...
« on: November 12, 2007, 11:45:37 AM »
...drop in bodybuilding interest?  I think that more men would like to look like Haney and the previous Mr. Olympias than any of the Olympia winners after Haney.  It's no wonder interest in professional bodybuilding is waning. 

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Are Coleman and Yates's Olympia wins to blame for...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 11:49:12 AM »
No it's just that bodybuilding is boring and ugly today.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 11:50:19 AM »
More people are at the shows now than when Haney was competing. BB will never be like football or basketball but I has defintely grown financially and in numbers of fans.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 11:52:31 AM »
More people attend UFC weigh ins than the Olympia

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 11:53:46 AM »
More people attend UFC weigh ins than the Olympia

never mind UFC, more people attend my local KFC than the "Olympia"

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 12:24:52 PM »
bodybuilding is never goin to be mainstream no matter what the champs look like, unless your a relative/freind of the competitor a bodybuilder or gay the comps are boring and repetative to watch,,, this is coming from a competitor and a fan

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 12:33:23 PM »
No it's just that bodybuilding is boring and ugly today.

Bingo!

How many times have I said this?

Again, getbig is at times like a political debate where the same topics which have been closed by experts get discussed over and over again...are tariffs a good thing or should minimum wage exist?  Economists have long closed these issues!

I'm not calling myself an expert, but it doesn't take one to realize that bodybuilding is not popular because it is BORING.  I went to the Arnold and the Mr. Olympia and the contests themselves had me bored to tears.  Almost every young male wants to me muscular but that in itself won't sell bodybuilding as a "sport" (i.e., staged competition).
Bodybuilding Pro.com

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 12:39:59 PM »
...drop in bodybuilding interest?  I think that more men would like to look like Haney and the previous Mr. Olympias than any of the Olympia winners after Haney.  It's no wonder interest in professional bodybuilding is waning. 
oiled up men wearing not much with wayyyy too much muscle. has nothing to do with yates or coleman. haney is seen too as too big by mr general public, its all the same. bb will never be mainstream and i like it that way. i dont care if the genereal population doesnt know who jay cutler is, or ron or dorian etc.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 12:44:13 PM »
oiled up men wearing not much with wayyyy too much muscle. has nothing to do with yates or coleman. haney is seen too as too big by mr general public, its all the same. bb will never be mainstream and i like it that way. i dont care if the genereal population doesnt know who jay cutler is, or ron or dorian etc.

The "general public" knows:

Jay Cutler

Victor Martinez

Dexter Jackson
HAHA, RON.....