Author Topic: I fully support the POTUS here!!  (Read 2746 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: I fully support the POTUS here!!
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2009, 09:06:05 PM »
Wow..I even agree with the morons I can't stand, on this one. All good ideas.

LMAO!

Finally all of getbig comes together.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2009, 09:08:54 PM »
Teachers work 3 years and they are guaranteed a job for 30 years.

They get tenure and then can only be removed for major infractions.

I can enter the teaching arena tomorrow with my MBA and teaching degree, and some half-wit teacher with no classroom control and shitty scores is guaranteed the job first.

teachers love tenure... but it's very rare in the 'real' world.  Should administrators have the abilty to hure younger, more effective (and cheaper) teachers?  Or make them keep those making 2x the salary who just don't have the energy to do it effectively anymore?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2009, 06:20:44 AM »
Public education is one of the most inefficient entities in our society.  If I was a parent I could teach my kid more in 3 months of summer vacation than they would probably get in 3 months of school.  That's the entire point of summer vacation.  Families going on trips together, fathers and mothers spending time with their children teaching them things they may not necessarily learn in school.  And let's face it kids need to learn a lot more about the things they aren't learning in school nowadays like courtesy, respect, relationships, how to change the car in their oil, etc.  

Plus some kids actually have to fucking work during the summer to pay for shit.  Obama is a fucking out of touch douchebag like most politicians. 

A lot of parents feel that way, which is why the homeschooling has increased DRASTICALLY over the last several years. It can be a good option for those who are disgusted with public schools yet can’t afford to send their kids to private schools.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2009, 06:23:14 AM »
I was "home schooled" for a while, worked out well, I also went to a Christian School that was light years ahead of the public school I previously attended.

How do Children who are home schooled through High School earn a diploma though?  ???
S

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2009, 07:32:12 AM »
I was "home schooled" for a while, worked out well, I also went to a Christian School that was light years ahead of the public school I previously attended.

How do Children who are home schooled through High School earn a diploma though?  ???

These are the rules, at least in the state of Florida.

My student is home schooled, how does he receive a high school diploma?

Home School students may not receive a diploma from their school district, adult
high schools or community colleges. However, a home education student may elect
to take the General Education Development (GED) test and be awarded a Florida
High School diploma from the State of Florida Education Department, if the student
receives a passing score. Alternatively, some home school students enroll with an
umbrella school, which will oversee their home schooling and issue them a diploma,
if applicable to their institution. There are many accountability measures to consider
when using these types of schools, please refer to www.fpea.com for more
information.

http://www.flvs.net/Students/Documents/FLVS_Complete_HomeEd_Guide.pdf

Some homeschoolers register with an "umbrella" school, usually a private Christian school. That school will also let homeschooled students "march" with their kids during their graduation ceremony.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2009, 07:35:03 AM »
These are the rules, at least in the state of Florida.

My student is home schooled, how does he receive a high school diploma?

Home School students may not receive a diploma from their school district, adult
high schools or community colleges. However, a home education student may elect
to take the General Education Development (GED) test and be awarded a Florida
High School diploma from the State of Florida Education Department, if the student
receives a passing score. Alternatively, some home school students enroll with an
umbrella school, which will oversee their home schooling and issue them a diploma,
if applicable to their institution. There are many accountability measures to consider
when using these types of schools, please refer to www.fpea.com for more
information.

http://www.flvs.net/Students/Documents/FLVS_Complete_HomeEd_Guide.pdf

Some homeschoolers register with an "umbrella" school, usually a private Christian school. That school will also let homeschooled students "march" with their kids during their graduation ceremony.

Oh I see, thanks for the info!
S