Author Topic: Cowardly Cops  (Read 13344 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Cowardly Cops
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2013, 10:17:05 AM »
You seem to have a lot of hate.. are you not interested in dialogue or should I just move on and let you rant?

Oh...what 'dialogue' do you think we have?

I pointed out they get paid leave.

You claimed they should get special treatment.

I argued they should be treated as equals not as special people above the law.

You called me clueless.

I said you're not too bright.

And now you want to claim I'm ranting?  ::)

Actually, I think I'll pass on your 'dialogue'.  I've demonstrated once too many times on this board about your dishonesty.  Just another blue mouthpiece trying to cover for shitbags.  You're exactly what needs to be weeded out.

Now my 'rant' is over, lol.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2013, 10:33:40 AM »
Does anyone know whether there have been any official releases on this?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2013, 10:57:44 AM »
I heard in another report the lights were off on the vehicle as it approached. It was delivering papers... I've seen a lot of vehicles delivering papers in the early hours and they tend to drive a little erratic. In fact, one time I was parked in a residential area about 5 in the morning and I see a car weaving from side to side.... I think "Oh, its the paperman delivering papers"... as the car passes me I see a hispanic male totally drunk off his ass. I get behind him and pull him over. As I open the door to his car he just rolls out of his car onto the ground passed out cold. The point is, paper delivery people often drive like that.

Since there are a lot of vehicles delivering newspapers in the early hours, and they often drive in such a way, why do you suppose the officers didn't factor it into their reasoning?

So, I'm a cop sitting outside a residence that I'm guarding because some nutcase listed them on a hit list. This same dude executed some people to include a cop stopped at a traffic light. This dude ain't gonna pull up and announce himself before he opens fire on me. So it's 5am and here comes a pickup looking like the one I'm watching out for.. and the lights are off and it isn't driving like all the other vehicles.. If I wait until I see his face, man I'm dead. He has automatic weapons and I'll never win. Shit.. it's stopping at the house! This is it..

Or could it be what you, yourself, rightly say is a very common sight, namely a vehicle delivering newspapers?

Such a vehicle would contain innocent people, right?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2013, 11:31:01 AM »

Yeah, you would think.

Now the Chief is covering for them and they've been put on PAID administrative leave.

Way to cover for the cowards.  Bunch of shitbags.

+1

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2013, 12:16:48 PM »
Since there are a lot of vehicles delivering newspapers in the early hours, and they often drive in such a way, why do you suppose the officers didn't factor it into their reasoning?

Or could it be what you, yourself, rightly say is a very common sight, namely a vehicle delivering newspapers?

Such a vehicle would contain innocent people, right?

Apparently so.. as that was the case. However, I should point out, I wasn't guarding a house on a killers hit list. I made an original false assumption it was a delivery car, when in fact it was a drunk driver. That false assumption wasn't likely to shoot me if I didn't react. Does that make any sense? 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2013, 12:18:02 PM »

Oh...what 'dialogue' do you think we have?

I pointed out they get paid leave.

You claimed they should get special treatment.

I argued they should be treated as equals not as special people above the law.

You called me clueless.

I said you're not too bright.

And now you want to claim I'm ranting?  ::)

Actually, I think I'll pass on your 'dialogue'.  I've demonstrated once too many times on this board about your dishonesty.  Just another blue mouthpiece trying to cover for shitbags.  You're exactly what needs to be weeded out.

Now my 'rant' is over, lol.

I didn't see the part where I said they should be special treatment. I explained why it is the way it is. And you have never demonstrated one time about any dishonesty. Please provide a couple examples of the many times..

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2013, 02:19:27 PM »
Apparently so.. as that was the case. However, I should point out, I wasn't guarding a house on a killers hit list. I made an original false assumption it was a delivery car, when in fact it was a drunk driver. That false assumption wasn't likely to shoot me if I didn't react. Does that make any sense? 

No that does not make any sense.

Are you sure you are a cop ???

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2013, 03:29:23 PM »

Can you say whether it is conceivable that the cops may have rightly opened fire without attempting to gain compliance?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2013, 04:45:53 PM »
But the anti-gun crowd tells me that the police will protect me if they're the only ones with guns!

I'm so confused!!!!!  ::)

;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2013, 11:58:26 PM »

Exactly.

Now is when the governor needs to send troops in and get these fucking monkey cops under control.

These are the same people who decry vigilantism because it leads to innocents getting hurt.  ::)

Look at what a little bit of uncontrolled fear is doing to these cops.

Are we sure this is a case of uncontrolled fear, ...rather than an objective to make sure he's NOT brought in alive? Could it be that someone, or someones, or even the LAPD themselves want to ensure that what he has to say NEVER reaches the light of day? Seems rather odd that media would be ordered away, ...unless you find media coverage of an execution too problematic to cover-up & suppress? Too many people to bribe, and/or intimidate, ...then too, there's always the risk that despite assurances of discretion, one of them may harbour life-long ambitions of earning a Pulitzer. ???
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2013, 05:11:21 AM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Women Shot in Calif. Manhunt Will to Get New Truck
ABC News / The Associated Press ^ | February 10, 2013 | Tami Abdollah
Posted on February 10, 2013 12:05:20 AM EST by 2ndDivisionVet

A mother and daughter newspaper delivery team who were mistakenly shot by Los Angeles police hunting for a fugitive former cop will get a new pickup truck courtesy of the department.

LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith says the department's Chief Charlie Beck met with the women in their Torrance home Saturday to apologize and tell them he had arranged for someone to donate a new pickup truck.

The truck will be donated early this week, Smith said...

(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2013, 05:55:01 AM »
Are we sure this is a case of uncontrolled fear, ...rather than an objective to make sure he's NOT brought in alive? Could it be that someone, or someones, or even the LAPD themselves want to ensure that what he has to say NEVER reaches the light of day? Seems rather odd that media would be ordered away, ...unless you find media coverage of an execution too problematic to cover-up & suppress? Too many people to bribe, and/or intimidate, ...then too, there's always the risk that despite assurances of discretion, one of them may harbour life-long ambitions of earning a Pulitzer. ???

There is no doubt in my mind that Dorner will not be brought in alive, for both "political" and "personal" reasons.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2013, 05:57:31 AM »

There is no doubt in my mind that Dorner will not be brought in alive, for both "political" and "personal" reasons.

Unless he turns hi self in to a media outlet or YO someone like Jesse Jackson in a public event. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2013, 06:02:35 AM »
Unless he turns hi self in to a media outlet or YO someone like Jesse Jackson in a public event. 

Yes, that is probably his only chance if he wants to come out of this alive. Even then, I suspect that someone will eventually get to him; even if it's not until further down the road.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2013, 07:24:14 AM »
I didn't see the part where I said they should be special treatment. I explained why it is the way it is. And you have never demonstrated one time about any dishonesty. Please provide a couple examples of the many times..

Sure....  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=329944.0

Start at page 1 and read on.

So your claim is that you want these cops treated the same as the people who pay their salary?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2013, 07:31:46 AM »

No, I don't think this likely.  He's already had his day in court and from reading the opinion (or what I think was the court opinion), he didn't have much of a case and it went through several appeals and reviews.

There's been more than enough time and opportunity for corrupt cops to off him if they wanted him dead.

Now, at this point, I would agree that they probably don't care if he comes in dead....and if they catch up to him without any media it wouldn't surprise me if they off him and claim self defense.

But shooting up these innocent people is cowardly unacceptable fear.

They paid and trained and expected to control their fear and not harm innocents.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2013, 07:35:44 AM »
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130209,7923212,4755421.story?page=1

WTF!!!! 

Yeah..."working under incredible tension" is code for being scared shitless.

These douchebags shouldn't be cops....it's that simple.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2013, 09:59:38 AM »
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130209,7923212,4755421.story?page=1

WTF!!!! 

How are these people not fired on the spot?

They are worse than the criminals.

Fucking cowards.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2013, 06:51:41 PM »
Can anyone speak on this?  Were the vehicles, at least, a match?

i think i read it was completely diff models as well... a tundra and something different?

horrible work by police in that case, just horrible.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2013, 05:15:33 AM »
Can you say whether it is conceivable that the cops may have rightly opened fire without attempting to gain compliance?

In this case, no, it's not conceivable. I can to a certain degree see why it happened, but not that it is justified in happening. Again, I'm not aware of the details, but it could very well be determined at some point that there is a flaw in their plan. For example, if I was assigning officers to guard a house in a similar situation I would not post them in a police unit in front of the house. This leaves them at a huge disadvantage and may force them to make a bad decision. I would have set the officers up for failure if there were the case.

There are times when cops are right to fire before attempting to gain compliance. I don't know if you are asking about that in general or in this specific case. In this specific case, positively identifying the suspect would be step 1. After that, the situation would dictate whether they attempt to gain compliance before firing. They didn't do step 1, so yeah, they screwed the pooch and almost killed innocent people. You shouldn't get do overs on mistakes that big.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2013, 05:16:47 AM »
No that does not make any sense.

Are you sure you are a cop ???

Pretty sure..

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2013, 05:46:03 AM »

Exactly.

Now is when the governor needs to send troops in and get these fucking monkey cops under control.

These are the same people who decry vigilantism because it leads to innocents getting hurt.  ::)

Look at what a little bit of uncontrolled fear is doing to these cops.

Jerry Brown send in troops.?
Thanks, I needed a laugh

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2013, 08:38:31 AM »
In this case, no, it's not conceivable. I can to a certain degree see why it happened, but not that it is justified in happening. Again, I'm not aware of the details, but it could very well be determined at some point that there is a flaw in their plan. For example, if I was assigning officers to guard a house in a similar situation I would not post them in a police unit in front of the house. This leaves them at a huge disadvantage and may force them to make a bad decision. I would have set the officers up for failure if there were the case.

There are times when cops are right to fire before attempting to gain compliance. I don't know if you are asking about that in general or in this specific case. In this specific case, positively identifying the suspect would be step 1. After that, the situation would dictate whether they attempt to gain compliance before firing. They didn't do step 1, so yeah, they screwed the pooch and almost killed innocent people. You shouldn't get do overs on mistakes that big.   

Meaning what, 007?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2013, 09:04:34 AM »
What I wrote earlier is below, addressing how I could see why it might have happened.

And now we come around to the truck-related shooting. Police have been on the lookout for Dorner's truck, a blue 2005 Nissan Titan, and are urging drivers to call 911 if they see it.

But around 5:15 a.m. local time, officers mistook the blue Toyota Tacoma driven by two women delivering newspapers for Dorner's truck and fired on it, the TV station reported. The truck pulled up to a house being guarded by police because that homeowner is on Dorner's hit list.
"

1st.. I don't have all the facts on this so this is just a ball park attempt at trying to paint a picture..

I heard in another report the lights were off on the vehicle as it approached. It was delivering papers... I've seen a lot of vehicles delivering papers in the early hours and they tend to drive a little erratic. In fact, one time I was parked in a residential area about 5 in the morning and I see a car weaving from side to side.... I think "Oh, its the paperman delivering papers"... as the car passes me I see a hispanic male totally drunk off his ass. I get behind him and pull him over. As I open the door to his car he just rolls out of his car onto the ground passed out cold. The point is, paper delivery people often drive like that.

So, I'm a cop sitting outside a residence that I'm guarding because some nutcase listed them on a hit list. This same dude executed some people to include a cop stopped at a traffic light. This dude ain't gonna pull up and announce himself before he opens fire on me. So it's 5am and here comes a pickup looking like the one I'm watching out for.. and the lights are off and it isn't driving like all the other vehicles.. If I wait until I see his face, man I'm dead. He has automatic weapons and I'll never win. Shit.. it's stopping at the house! This is it..

Yeah, it's fucked up they shot at a pickup that actually had 2 females in it. Yeah, we expect them not to make those mistakes because they are the police and they are supposed to be better than that. But having been in similar, not quite the exact same but similar circumstances, I can see how it can happen. Doesn't make it okay, but it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario a lot of the times.