Author Topic: Cowardly Cops  (Read 13330 times)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Cowardly Cops
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2013, 11:21:01 AM »
102 shots.

These shitbags fired 102 shots at these innocent women and still (THANKFULLY) didn't kill them.

Tax dollars put to good use :-\

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2013, 01:00:06 PM »
102 shots.

These shitbags fired 102 shots at these innocent women and still (THANKFULLY) didn't kill them.

Well, at least we now know why DHS bought all those rounds... they're clearly banking on the fact that their employees couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 50 feet.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2013, 01:22:37 PM »
Well, at least we now know why DHS bought all those rounds... they're clearly banking on the fact that their employees couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 50 feet.

:D

Very fortunate for those women.

I'm thinking all those movies where the cops unload and the bad guys come bursting out and get away may have a modicum of truth based in reality.

Also, I heard on the radion that he was holed up 100 yards away from the command post the cops had set up.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2013, 06:38:47 AM »
The Los Angeles police officers who mistakenly shot at two newspaper delivery women in their truck in Torrance thinking it was the vehicle of fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner will be kept out of the field until an investigation into the shooting is complete, Chief Charlie Beck said.

The seven officers were working a protection detail Feb. 7 near the home of a high-ranking LAPD official who was a potential target for Dorner when they riddled the women's blue Toyota Tacoma truck with bullets after mistaking it for Dorner's gray Nissan truck.

The shooting occured after the officers received a radio call that a pickup truck had exited the freeway and was heading their way.

PHOTOS: Manhunt for ex-LAPD officer

Dorner, who authorities say subsequently shot himself after a siege at a Big Bear-area cabin, had at the time already killed the daughter of a former LAPD captain, her boyfriend (a USC police officer) and a Riverside police officer.

"I have done my initial 72-hour review on the Torrance shooting and I have taken the officers involved out of the field and they will stay out of the field until the investigation is complete," Beck said Tuesday. "At that point I will make a determination whether they need to be disciplined."

Margie Carranza, 47, and her mother, Emma Hernandez, 71, were delivering newspapers in Torrance when LAPD officers shot Hernandez twice in the back. Carranza sustained minor injuries from broken glass or possibly a bullet fragment, according to her attorney.

Full:  http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/lapd-chief-officers-who-mistook-women-for-dorner-off-patrol-til-probe-complete.html

Disciplined!

Unfucking real.  These shitbags need to be prosecuted and thrown in fucking prison.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2013, 06:42:46 AM »
If any of us did that we would go to prison and be sued. 

The Los Angeles police officers who mistakenly shot at two newspaper delivery women in their truck in Torrance thinking it was the vehicle of fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner will be kept out of the field until an investigation into the shooting is complete, Chief Charlie Beck said.

The seven officers were working a protection detail Feb. 7 near the home of a high-ranking LAPD official who was a potential target for Dorner when they riddled the women's blue Toyota Tacoma truck with bullets after mistaking it for Dorner's gray Nissan truck.

The shooting occured after the officers received a radio call that a pickup truck had exited the freeway and was heading their way.

PHOTOS: Manhunt for ex-LAPD officer

Dorner, who authorities say subsequently shot himself after a siege at a Big Bear-area cabin, had at the time already killed the daughter of a former LAPD captain, her boyfriend (a USC police officer) and a Riverside police officer.

"I have done my initial 72-hour review on the Torrance shooting and I have taken the officers involved out of the field and they will stay out of the field until the investigation is complete," Beck said Tuesday. "At that point I will make a determination whether they need to be disciplined."

Margie Carranza, 47, and her mother, Emma Hernandez, 71, were delivering newspapers in Torrance when LAPD officers shot Hernandez twice in the back. Carranza sustained minor injuries from broken glass or possibly a bullet fragment, according to her attorney.

Full:  http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/lapd-chief-officers-who-mistook-women-for-dorner-off-patrol-til-probe-complete.html

Disciplined!

Unfucking real.  These shitbags need to be prosecuted and thrown in fucking prison.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2013, 09:21:04 AM »

It's looking much, much worse for the cops as it goes.

Dorner, who authorities say subsequently shot himself...

Interesting way of putting it.  I'm glad the writer doesn't automatically buy what the cops say.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »
If any of us did that we would go to prison and be sued. 

Absolutely... How is no one held accountable for this YET?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2013, 09:37:03 AM »
I can only imagine the backroom bullshit that takes place with the insurance contracting, because if absolutely no one else pressures the cops to resolve this in a meaningful way, the insurance provider should be INSISTING on it.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2013, 10:32:47 AM »
Absolutely... How is no one held accountable for this YET?

Maybe it's acceptable in LA to try and murder minorities if you wear a badge and you're scared?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2013, 07:38:59 PM »

Maybe it's acceptable in LA to try and murder minorities if you wear a badge and you're scared?

Sad to say.. but it seems like that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2013, 07:42:49 PM »

Sad to say.. but it seems like that.

Same w most police depArtments.   Taxpayer financed street gangs

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2013, 05:00:34 PM »
No Bueno! Women Accidentally Shot By LAPD Won’t Get New Truck, Despite Promises

It's been over a month since LAPD Chief Charlie Beck promised a new truck to Emma Hernandez, 71, and her daughter, Margie Carranza, the two newspaper delivery women who were shot at during the manhunt for Christopher Dorner.

But it turns out the two women will not be getting a new replacement truck as promised by the LAPD after all, according to their attorney Glen Jonas.

NBC LA reports:

Police said it was a "case of mistaken identity" that prompted officers to open fire on the women. Beck later apologized and promised to replace their truck, now riddled with bullet holes.

According to Jonas, LAPD and Galpin Ford wanted his clients to pose for a photo opportunity and pay income tax on the truck. The women no longer want the truck after they were told they needed to fill out a 1099 form for the donation, Jonas said Monday.

"You tried to murder the woman, now you're telling her she can't have a four-wheel drive, you're telling her she can't sell it and you've got to be taxed on it?" Jonas said. "How would anyone react to that?"

Jonas plans on filing a government claim, which is a precursor to any lawsuit filed against a government agency. He said he felt the truck was being touted as a "reward or prize" instead of a sincere gesture by the LAPD.

Galpin Ford estimates the value of the truck – a 2013 Ford 150 SuperCrew – at $32,560. The dealership had planned on paying the sales tax, vehicle registration and title on the truck, according to a dealership spokesperson.

"It's really sad for us because we want to help these women move on with their lives, and help them move forward with that, we just can't get past the 1099 issue," LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith said. "The government has to take their bite out of it, I guess."

The women's Toyota Tacoma was pierced with 102 bullet holes from the Feb. 7 shooting.

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/emma-hernandez-women-accidentally-shot-lapd-wont-get-new-truck-despite-promises-photos#ixzz2NNByQXbp

And still no criminal charges against these shitbags.  Unfuckingreal!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »
No Bueno! Women Accidentally Shot By LAPD Won’t Get New Truck, Despite Promises

And still no criminal charges against these shitbags.  Unfuckingreal!

They're not the only ones. Far too many shitbags these days.

Why Cops Fear SHTF

w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2013, 06:37:46 PM »

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2013, 06:52:31 PM »

Great watch.  Fucking disgusting display of cowardice.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2013, 06:57:34 PM »

Great watch.  Fucking disgusting display of cowardice.

People wonder why i detest cops - this clip shows why

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2013, 05:14:20 PM »
Margie Carranza, Emma Hernandez Reach Agreement With LA Over Replacement Truck (UPDATE)

The City of Los Angeles will step up to provide $40,000 to shooting victims Margie Carranza and Emma Hernandez after the Los Angeles Police Department failed to follow through on their promise to replace a truck they had destroyed, reports the Los Angeles Times.

LAPD officers pumped over 100 bullets into their pickup truck during the early hours of Feb. 7 during the frenzied hunt for fugitive Christopher Dorner. LAPD police had mistakenly identified the two women, delivering newspapers in a Torrance, Calif. neighborhood, as Dorner despite the fact that they were driving a different color and model of truck than Dorner's getaway vehicle.

Carranza, 47, suffered injuries from broken glass, while her mother Hernandez, 71, took two bullets in the back. Two days after surviving the shooting, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck publicly promised to replace the women's truck -- but more than a month later, the vehicle still hadn't materialized, reports the Times.

At the heart of the conflict over the donated truck was the fact that Carranza and Hernandez would have had to claim the vehicle on an income tax form, which meant they would have had to pay taxes on the truck. Neither the private business donating the truck, not the LAPD, wanted to pay the income tax for the victims.

Carranza and Hernandez will reportedly receive an undisclosed amount of money to purchase a new truck, but attorney Glen Jonas told HuffPost Tuesday that he still plans on filing a government claim, which a precursor to a lawsuit, on behalf of his clients against the LAPD over the shooting incident.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/14/margie-carranza-emma-hernandez_n_2879391.html

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2013, 08:42:34 AM »
Margie Carranza, Emma Hernandez Reach Agreement With LA Over Replacement Truck (UPDATE)

The City of Los Angeles will step up to provide $40,000 to shooting victims Margie Carranza and Emma Hernandez after the Los Angeles Police Department failed to follow through on their promise to replace a truck they had destroyed, reports the Los Angeles Times.

LAPD officers pumped over 100 bullets into their pickup truck during the early hours of Feb. 7 during the frenzied hunt for fugitive Christopher Dorner. LAPD police had mistakenly identified the two women, delivering newspapers in a Torrance, Calif. neighborhood, as Dorner despite the fact that they were driving a different color and model of truck than Dorner's getaway vehicle.

Carranza, 47, suffered injuries from broken glass, while her mother Hernandez, 71, took two bullets in the back. Two days after surviving the shooting, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck publicly promised to replace the women's truck -- but more than a month later, the vehicle still hadn't materialized, reports the Times.

At the heart of the conflict over the donated truck was the fact that Carranza and Hernandez would have had to claim the vehicle on an income tax form, which meant they would have had to pay taxes on the truck. Neither the private business donating the truck, not the LAPD, wanted to pay the income tax for the victims.

Carranza and Hernandez will reportedly receive an undisclosed amount of money to purchase a new truck, but attorney Glen Jonas told HuffPost Tuesday that he still plans on filing a government claim, which a precursor to a lawsuit, on behalf of his clients against the LAPD over the shooting incident.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/14/margie-carranza-emma-hernandez_n_2879391.html
This is the type of shit that makes me embarrased to say im from LA... Thats the first thing they say "man the LAPD  is fucked huh" ...its not all the time they do retarded shit...but when they do fuck up, they make sure its big. There are some good cops. I ve met one before, i think. You and 333 have a point Skip.. the people they hire have mental problems. My god brother is a cop... and he is a complete dick...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2013, 09:03:47 AM »
People wonder why i detest cops - this clip shows why

So I really have to post articles and clips of the following professions screwing up to make my point your argument is invalid?

School teacher
Fireman
Defense Lawyer
Prosecutor
Preacher
Priest
Nurse
Doctor

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2013, 09:31:12 AM »
So I really have to post articles and clips of the following professions screwing up to make my point your argument is invalid?

School teacher
Fireman
Defense Lawyer
Prosecutor
Preacher
Priest
Nurse
Doctor

the difference is that when I fuck up I get sued, disbarred, and pay the price.

When a cop fucks up he is usually promoted and sticks the taxpayer w the tab. 

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2013, 10:43:12 AM »
 It is more scandalizing when a cop gets away with something, but more often than not that is not the case.  When a cop fucks up, it is likely he is going to lose his house, his job, his retirement, his family, and quite possibly, his freedom.  Cops are literally dancing on the edge, they have a lot of scrutiny levied on them.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2013, 10:47:30 AM »
It is more scandalizing when a cop gets away with something, but more often than not that is not the case.  When a cop fucks up, it is likely he is going to lose his house, his job, his retirement, his family, and quite possibly, his freedom.  Cops are literally dancing on the edge, they have a lot of scrutiny levied on them.

Bullshit.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2013, 10:58:27 AM »
When a cop fucks up "in the line of duty", he is given the benefit of doubt regarding his intentions.  The newspaper-women case is a perfect example.  Something so utterly outrageous has been passed upon, by the media AND by the LAPD, themselves.  Think about that.

The fact that these officers were physically placed in the position that led to such a shooting, needs to be concluded with firings and with criminal charges.  But I haven't seen any sign that it will.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2013, 11:12:09 AM »
...don't know about anyone else, but seems to me that such an outrageous event is being glossed over simply because the intent of the officers was supposedly in the right (at least some would try to say their intent was in the right...even though that, too, is false).

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2013, 04:47:17 PM »