Author Topic: Hormones/Age question  (Read 1941 times)

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
Hormones/Age question
« on: November 24, 2009, 08:42:54 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm a guy with moderate/lots of AAS experience. I started when I was 22, at 5'3" 140lbs and competed from 24 to 26 as a middleweight. I then shot up to 215ish in my late 20's but injuries prevented me from ever competing.

At 29, I took 18 months off from all AAS and most weight training. I went from the 215 mark down to 180, still decent size for my height but really didn't train, didn't care. I moved out to Colorado and played basketball, golf, river rafted, paraglided, snowboarded etc...

at 30 I moved back east. I got on a cycle in June of last year and hit the weights. My cycle was simple, 800mg test/week, 300mg deca and 30mg dbol/day for first 4 weeks, shot up to 205, dropped the dbol, added 50mg tren EOD and switched test, got up to 213 but in better shape than ever at that weight.

I held that weight for several months, then dropped the tren and kept the test at 400mg/wk for several months. I tightened up my diet and dropped to 198 or so. Then in June of this year, I tapered off completely.

This is where it gets interesting. For the last 5 months, I've eaten whatever's in front of me, 3-4 times a day, train sporadically but hard, probably 3-4 days a week, and am absolutely clean, don't even take a vitamin...but I'm still 195 lbs.  I don't really understand it. I'm definitely a bit softer and smaller in some areas, but some days I look better than when I was loaded up.

Anyway, I'm wondering if it's just a product of being 32 and having trained for 16 years... or if there's a significant hormonal answer to this. I'd love to hear opinions from bros in the knows.

Here's some pics from today and last week (no homo). I'll dig up some phone pics of me during the cycle tomorrow.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Hormones/Age question
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 08:44:08 PM »

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 02:53:39 AM »
Well, i don't think there's really more to this than the fact that obviously you have eaten and trained enough to maintain some of the gains that you've made and that your pct went well so you have recovered well...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

dustin

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 08:35:19 AM »
Get some blood work before you hop back on cycle to see what you stand. It's nice to have a bench mark.

When you get back on, try some test and tren. That'll kick anyone in the ass and get the results they're looking for. I don't normally advocate orals but take some dbol or drop some abombs and you'll surely get past your sticking point. Look into possibly just cruising on a low dose of test and maybe some proviron between big blasts too. No point in coming off at this point and going through miserable post-cycle recovery periods and losing all your gains.

When I'm 30, I'm planning on going on HRT. Fuck, I'm just 23 and I've been on for almost three months again. Was off for a good 14-16 months?.... I'm cruising right now with a bunch of deca, tren, EQ and primo at my disposal. Think I might just stay on forever, then confide these plans to my doctor and get a script for injectable test. You should too. You've put in the time and hard work, your test levels aren't going to be getting higher by themselves anytime soon. Something to ponder. Hope you get over the plateau.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 01:01:33 PM »
Get some blood work before you hop back on cycle to see what you stand. It's nice to have a bench mark.

When you get back on, try some test and tren. That'll kick anyone in the ass and get the results they're looking for. I don't normally advocate orals but take some dbol or drop some abombs and you'll surely get past your sticking point. Look into possibly just cruising on a low dose of test and maybe some proviron between big blasts too. No point in coming off at this point and going through miserable post-cycle recovery periods and losing all your gains.

When I'm 30, I'm planning on going on HRT. Fuck, I'm just 23 and I've been on for almost three months again. Was off for a good 14-16 months?.... I'm cruising right now with a bunch of deca, tren, EQ and primo at my disposal. Think I might just stay on forever, then confide these plans to my doctor and get a script for injectable test. You should too. You've put in the time and hard work, your test levels aren't going to be getting higher by themselves anytime soon. Something to ponder. Hope you get over the plateau.

Thanks for the effort Dustin, but I don't think you read my post correctly.

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 05:05:45 PM »
I would definitlely say its a product of age, consistent training and eating. You have a new set point that your body likes now and can hold conditioning

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 08:26:31 AM »
I would definitlely say its a product of age, consistent training and eating. You have a new set point that your body likes now and can hold conditioning

That's definitely what I was hoping. I don't think I really need to go back on because I'm pretty happy being where I am, provided I don't go into some hormonal lapse or something. Thanks for the post.

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 08:13:36 AM »
That's definitely what I was hoping. I don't think I really need to go back on because I'm pretty happy being where I am, provided I don't go into some hormonal lapse or something. Thanks for the post.

No prob, it's a good age to take an extended break then revaluate things when youre a bit older and the hormones are naturaly lower. Just avoid injury, health and consistency is key

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 07:15:13 PM »
No prob, it's a good age to take an extended break then revaluate things when youre a bit older and the hormones are naturaly lower. Just avoid injury, health and consistency is key

Definitely. My whole mindset is different now than it was 5 or 6 years ago. My biggest concerns are staying somewhat lean without being a skinny twink, and having a healthy sex drive. So far, so good!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 05:10:46 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm a guy with moderate/lots of AAS experience. I started when I was 22, at 5'3" 140lbs and competed from 24 to 26 as a middleweight. I then shot up to 215ish in my late 20's but injuries prevented me from ever competing.

At 29, I took 18 months off from all AAS and most weight training. I went from the 215 mark down to 180, still decent size for my height but really didn't train, didn't care. I moved out to Colorado and played basketball, golf, river rafted, paraglided, snowboarded etc...

at 30 I moved back east. I got on a cycle in June of last year and hit the weights. My cycle was simple, 800mg test/week, 300mg deca and 30mg dbol/day for first 4 weeks, shot up to 205, dropped the dbol, added 50mg tren EOD and switched test, got up to 213 but in better shape than ever at that weight.

I held that weight for several months, then dropped the tren and kept the test at 400mg/wk for several months. I tightened up my diet and dropped to 198 or so. Then in June of this year, I tapered off completely.

This is where it gets interesting. For the last 5 months, I've eaten whatever's in front of me, 3-4 times a day, train sporadically but hard, probably 3-4 days a week, and am absolutely clean, don't even take a vitamin...but I'm still 195 lbs.   I don't really understand it. I'm definitely a bit softer and smaller in some areas, but some days I look better than when I was loaded up.

Anyway, I'm wondering if it's just a product of being 32 and having trained for 16 years... or if there's a significant hormonal answer to this. I'd love to hear opinions from bros in the knows.

Here's some pics from today and last week (no homo). I'll dig up some phone pics of me during the cycle tomorrow.

Im guessing this was a big factor in your looking better.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 10:01:10 AM »
Im guessing this was a big factor in your looking better.

Sure, but it doesn't explain why I'm not 180lbs like I normally would be after 5-6 months clean.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 02:25:53 PM »
I'm in the same boat.

It is called "muscle maturity".

I look better today after 2 years of being clean than i did after using AAS for 2 years.

Weird but cool at the same time.

There could be many things to factor in, maybe you train better today than you did on your last break? Maybe you eat better? Hard to say but i have known a handful of guys who used AAS for years that came off and kept the majority of their size.

8)