Author Topic: 16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates  (Read 181691 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: 16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates
« Reply #1150 on: February 15, 2016, 12:47:31 PM »
Link to the South Carolina debate:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1151 on: February 15, 2016, 12:51:40 PM »
Watched much of the South Carolina debate.  Some observations:

Trump was horrible.  All he did was speak loudly, wag his finger, repeat the same lines, and fail to give specifics.  Again.  I am so disgusted.  This is one of the cruelest jokes in American politics that I can ever remember.   

Cruz took Trump apart on being a liberal.  He also took a punch in the mouth from Rubio.  The you don't speak Spanish line was pretty funny.   

Jeb did a great job responding to Trump and actually sounding presidential for a change.  I don't know why he is the main one with the courage to take on Trump.  Outside of Cruz, everyone else seems to be afraid of Trump.   

Rubio was good as usual.  Good answers on national security issues, which is his strong point.  Still looks like the most viable general election candidate.

Carson was good, but didn’t get much air time.

Kasich was good too.  I like the fact he and Carson stayed above the fray. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1152 on: February 15, 2016, 01:25:38 PM »
Trump warns RNC isn't honoring 'pledge,' threatens to sue Cruz
Published February 15, 2016 
FoxNews.com

Despite taking the pledge five months ago that he’d stick with the Republicans regardless of the nominee, Donald Trump nevertheless fired a warning shot Monday at the Republican National Committee – with the threat yet again of an independent run for the White House. 

The Republican presidential front-runner also threatened to sue rival candidate Ted Cruz regarding his Canadian birth if the Texas senator does not retract alleged “lies” about Trump’s policy positions. Further, Trump called on the RNC to intervene in that fight, and said they’d be violating the “pledge” if they don’t.

“The RNC better get its act together,” Trump said at an earlier campaign stop in South Carolina. “I signed a pledge. But the pledge isn’t being honored by them.”

Last September, after much intra-party drama, Trump signed a “loyalty pledge” saying he would support the eventual GOP nominee – though the document was not binding, it was an effort to soothe concerns he might strike out and run as an independent.

Trump is now invoking that pledge on two fronts.

Trump said earlier Monday that the RNC isn’t holding up its end of the bargain, suggesting the committee was hurting his campaign by giving out too many GOP debate tickets to donors. This was a reference to incidents at the last two debates, where Trump repeatedly was booed by the audience – and Trump, in turn, openly accused them of being rival candidate Jeb Bush’s donors and supporters.

Trump warned Monday that the pledge he signed to support the GOP nominee was "a double-edged pledge."

He then went on to say the RNC would be “in default of their pledge” if they don’t intervene in his dispute with Cruz.

Cruz – on the campaign trail, on the debate stage and in a new campaign ad – has questioned Trump’s positions on abortion, gun rights and more.

In one new ad, the campaign warns conservatives are "just one Supreme Court justice away" from losing on issues that are important to them. Those issues, the ad says, include "life, marriage, religious liberty, the Second Amendment." It suggests Trump would nominate more liberal justices.

Trump said at a press conference Monday afternoon that Cruz is spreading “lies” and he’ll bring a suit challenging the Canada-born lawmaker’s eligibility to run if he doesn’t apologize.

“We will bring a lawsuit if he doesn’t straighten his act out. He’s a lying guy,” Trump said.

"I think he's an unstable person," Trump also said earlier, declaring: "He's nuts."

The criticism comes after Saturday’s bare-knuckle debate where Cruz openly questioned Trump’s pro-life credentials.

“You are the single biggest liar. You’re probably worse than Jeb Bush,” Trump said.

Cruz stood his ground, charging that Trump would “appoint liberals” to the Supreme Court if elected.

Speaking at his own rally in Aiken, S.C., on Monday, Cruz also went after Trump for criticizing George W. Bush’s leadership during and after 9/11, at Saturday’s debate.

Cruz said Trump has sided with MoveOn.org, filmmaker Michael Moore and the “fever swamp left wing.” He called Trump’s slam on Bush – who is hitting the campaign trail Monday for his brother Jeb --  “one of the strangest moments” of the debate. 

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/15/trump-warns-rnc-isnt-honoring-pledge-again-floats-independent-bid.html?intcmp=hpbt1

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1153 on: February 15, 2016, 06:40:32 PM »
Trump was horrible.  All he did was speak loudly, wag his finger, repeat the same lines, and fail to give specifics.  Again.  I am so disgusted.  This is one of the cruelest jokes in American politics that I can ever remember.   

True. 

WHy do you suppose so many republicans are too stupid and classless to realize it?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1154 on: February 15, 2016, 08:21:42 PM »
Gov. Sam Brownback endorses Marco Rubio for GOP presidential nomination
Kansas governor likes Rubio's chances against Clinton or Sanders
Posted: February 15, 2016

Gov. Sam Brownback expressed a preference among an array of Republican presidential aspirants Monday by endorsing the candidacy of Marco Rubio, justifying the choice based on the U.S. senator’s record on health care and abortion.

Brownback, who unsuccessfully sought the GOP nomination in 2007, said Rubio offered the best chance of defeating the Democratic nominee, whether that party selected former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton or U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders.

“Marco Rubio is a true conservative who can unite the party and defeat Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders in the fall,” the Kansas governor said. “In the past, conservatives have been forced to make a choice between their heads and their hearts. This year, we are fortunate to not have to make that choice.”

Jeremy Adler, a spokesman for the Rubio campaign, said the U.S. senator from Florida welcomed the support of Brownback, who was characterized by the campaign as “one of the most conservative governors in the country.”

“Just like Governor Brownback, Marco has consistently defended life, small government and free enterprise throughout his career in public service,” Adler said. “We are honored to have earned the governor’s endorsement and are glad he is a part of our growing team of conservatives to ensure that Marco defeats the Democrats this November.”

Senate Minority Leader Anthony Hensley, D-Topeka, said the governor’s political focus ought to be better directed closer to home.

“How does Sam Brownback, who has an 18 percent approval rating, think that his endorsement of Marco Rubio even matters to the people of Kansas?” Hensley said. “What matters to the people of Kansas is for the governor to admit that he is leading our state in the wrong direction.”

Brownback said the decision to back Rubio was based on the candidate’s proven track record in opposition to abortion and the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, and in favor of the legal defense of religious liberty.

“He will be a wonderful president,” Brownback said, “and I am proud to offer him my full support.”

In July 2015, Brownback had welcomed billionaire Donald Trump to the Republican field but indicated there was little chance the businessman from New York City could win the Kansas governor’s endorsement. Asked about the possibility, Brownback said: “That would be difficult.”

Brownback’s son-in-law, Eric Teetsel, was a member of Rubio’s national campaign staff. Teetsel was assigned as Rubio’s faith outreach director.

In September 2011, Brownback endorsed Texas Gov. Rick Perry. He had praised Perry as the “right leader for this moment in history,” because the nation required a president who “knows how to create jobs and stop Washington’s runaway spending.”

The Rubio campaign in November secured endorsements of Senate Majority Leader Terry Bruce, R-Hutchinson, and Rep. Erin Davis, R-Olathe.

In a statement by Bruce, he said Rubio “embodies the American dream and represents the future of the conservative movement.”

http://cjonline.com/news/2016-02-15/gov-sam-brownback-endorses-marco-rubio-gop-presidential-nomination

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1155 on: February 16, 2016, 08:24:25 AM »

Can George W. Bush Save Jeb?

(The Atlantic) NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C.—Time and again this election, Jeb Bush has been outshone by more charismatic candidates. On Monday, there was a slight variation on the story. Once again, Jeb was outdone by a much more talented politician, but this time, it was a backer and not a rival: Jeb’s big brother George W. Bush.

It was the former president’s first appearance on the campaign trail this cycle, and it came just a few days before the South Carolina Republican primary, which is shaping up to be a make-or-break moment for Jeb. President Bush, along with his wife Laura and Senator Lindsey Graham, helped pack 3,000 people in for a rally in North Charleston. It’s proof that his popularity endures in South Carolina, but it’s too early to tell whether that popularity will prove transferrable.

Speaking for 20 minutes, George W. showed why—despite being “misunderestimated,” a malapropism he repeated for comic effect in North Charleston—he was such a successful politician. Bush is a natural, the kind of guy who can successfully kick off his stump speech with a lengthy anecdote about pig manure, and he seemed delighted to be back on the stump. Every other line seemed to elicit either laughs or applause. Mentioning his writing projects, he said, “They didn’t use to think I could read, much less write!” He quipped that the signature on his paintings was worth far more than the art.

That made him a particularly tough act for Jeb to follow. While the younger Bush—going without glasses—was reasonably energetic, his wonky technocrat act simply doesn’t provide the populist spark that his brother effortlessly delivers. Jeb offered a South Carolina-pitched variation on his stump speech, including plenty on national defense, strengthening the military, and overhauling the VA. It ended with the story of Denisha Merriweather, a familiar Jeb anecdote: inspirational, in its way, but complex and long, with none of the pith of George W.

Too many words have been spilled on the Freudian theater of the Bush family, and especially the tension between George, the son who was never supposed to be president, and Jeb, the son who was, but seeing them on-stage back to back provides clear enough evidence why George served two terms and Jeb is struggling to hang on in the Republican primary. George W., though, was doing his best for his little brother. The former president has been described as “bewildered” by the course of the primary so far, which has elevated Ted Cruz, a former aide whom Bush dislikes, and Donald Trump, the loudmouth businessman who represents practically Bush’s polar opposite (no compassion, fierce opposition to foreign intervention, antipathy to immigrants, a very different accent, and a successful business career). Bush tried to make his brother seem a compelling alternative.

“Being president requires sound judgment and good ideas. There’s no doubt in my mind that Jeb Bush has the experience and the judgment to be president,” George W. said, rejecting criticism of insiders. “If serving as president makes me a part of the so-called establishment, I proudly carry that label,” he said.

There wasn’t a mention of Barack Obama or of Hillary Clinton or of Bernie Sanders, but there were plenty of lines that seemed aimed directly at both Cruz and Trump.

“Jeb is man of deep and humble faith that reveals itself through good works, not loud words,” the former president said. “I understand that Americans are angry and frustrated. But we do not need someone in the Oval Office who mirrors and inflames our frustration.”

The great virtue of nominating Jeb, George W. said, was that he could actually triumph in a general election: “We need to elect somebody who can win in November. All the talk doesn’t matter if we can’t win. We need somebody who can take a positive message across the country.”

But that overlooks the huge stone in Jeb Bush’s passway: the primary electorate. Bush is stuck in a doom loop. Almost every voter with whom I spoke seemed to really like Jeb, and to think that he’d be a good president. But they valued electability, and they doubted Jeb could win the primary election. As long as they doubt, they’re unwilling to commit to him, which just makes it harder for him to win the primary. Bush will only bounce back if he can break the loop.

It was a very Bushy crowd: Lots of veterans; lots of men in double-breasted blazers; some veterans in double-breasted blazers; plenty of Vera Bradley bags; young boys in monogrammed sport coats with bright-colored pants. Volunteers were generally easy to pick out: They were the clean-cut young men in khakis and either boat shoes or duck boots. Perhaps needless to say, it was overwhelmingly white. Yet while George W. Bush was a strong enough draw to get people to the rally, he wasn’t enough to persuade all of them to back his brother.

“He’s such a boss. He’s just so relatable,” Taylor Mason marveled about George W. as he left the rally. Mason is shopping for a candidate: Having been Carly Fiorina’s state director until she left the race last week, he’s suddenly uncommitted. “Jeb’s a really, really smart guy,” Mason said. “I don’t think his delivery is the best, but that’s not what really matters.” But he was going to withhold judgment until he’d had a chance to see John Kasich and Marco Rubio.

Some attendees came mostly to see the former president. Ron Rash sported a black “W” ball cap, but he wasn’t quite so enthused about the younger Bush.

“I’m a big W fan, supporting Rubio,” Rash told me. “Jeb would be fine, if he could get some energy.” Rash worried that the candidate just didn’t get what was going on in the country. “I just think Jeb is not listening to the anger,” Rash said, but he dismissed Trump on the basis that anger alone isn’t a policy. “I want us to be one nation under God, not one nation under Trump. He’s not a conservative.”

Stephen Townsend was feeling similarly. Was he committed to Jeb? “I’m committed to the Republican Party,” he said. One of the things he likes about Jeb, he said, is the network that he’d bring to the Oval Office with him, something he thought had undermined Barack Obama. “The current president, he was a junior senator,” he said. “He lacked the experience, the foreign policy, the connections. Jeb can lean on his father and brother for experience.”

The question of how George W. Bush’s experience resonates with the electorate is a complicated one. In South Carolina, the former president is a popular figure, and his reputation has rebounded somewhat nationwide. But there’s a reason he hasn’t been on the trail yet, which is that the campaign is wary of his influence. Jeb Bush has fought a tortured battle with his brother’s legacy, at times insisting he’s his own man and at others praising his brother. He has waffled on how to deal with the toxic legacy of the Iraq war. It’s only now, with the race on the line and few other tricks working, that Jeb Bush has brought the former president along.

The Iraq war was a major point of contention in Saturday’s debate, as Donald Trump took the gamble of turning it into a bludgeon against Jeb. “Obviously the war in Iraq was a big fat mistake, alright?” he said “They lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction—there were none. And they knew there were none.” (George W. let Jeb respond to that Monday. “I thought it was a little strange that a frontrunning candidate would attack the president who kept us safe while he was building a reality-TV show,” Jeb said, sounding genuinely incredulous.)

Even if they’re not personally bothered by the war or by complaints about a Bush family dynasty, and even if they adore the former president, the people who came to see him Monday aren’t politically naïve. George W. Bush remains highly unpopular with Democrats and independents, and many Tea Party Republicans dismiss him as a free-spending big-government disaster.

“My concern with Jeb: Can he win? It’s the dynasty issue,” said Mary Prentice, who’d driven from Lynchburg, Virginia, to attend. “If his last name wasn’t Bush—I like the Bush family. I’m just not sure the mainstream public is ready.”

It was a familiar refrain: Sure, I admire the Bush family, but I don’t think other people do. What was remarkable was how many people, even at a Jeb Bush rally, felt drawn to Trump, who has become Bush’s arch nemesis on debate stages and on the stump. A poll released Monday illustrated their divergent fates, placing Trump’s support at 35 percent in South Carolina, with Jeb tied for last with just 7 percent support. Where Bush inspired lukewarm fondness, Trump inspired more passion—often a guilty love.

Helen Mahoney brought her teenage daughter to see Bush, and she was thinking about voting for him. But she was thinking about the frontrunner, too. “Trump has brought up everything we feel. I really think he cares about America,” she said. “I don’t like the way he says it.”

Franny Russell told me she’s pretty much always decided on a candidate by this stage in a primary year, but she was still wavering. The fact that Lindsey Graham and David Wilkins, the popular former speaker of the state house and ambassador to Canada, had endorsed Jeb was a powerful sign, but she couldn’t commit, not yet. “Trump is saying all the right things, but I don’t see myself voting for him,” she said. “It’s almost taboo to think of voting for him.”

In other words, Mahoney and Russell agreed with George W. Bush’s critique of Trump as a loose cannon with too dour an outlook, but there’s a difference between making an effective case against Trump and making an affirmative case for Bush.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1156 on: February 16, 2016, 08:36:44 AM »
Jeb takes off his glasses in SC so he looks more like his brother.  2nd day in a row.

Jeb wears his glasses elsewhere so he doesn't remind people of Dubya visually.

IF Jeb finishes 5th in SC as he's polling now, his campaign is over.  It'll have to be a brokered convention if he ever wants the nomination. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1157 on: February 16, 2016, 08:40:47 AM »
Jeb takes off his glasses in SC so he looks more like his brother.  2nd day in a row.

Jeb wears his glasses elsewhere so he doesn't remind people of Dubya visually.

IF Jeb finishes 5th in SC as he's polling now, his campaign is over.  It'll have to be a brokered convention if he ever wants the nomination. 

If any deals are to be made, he knows he has a powerful hand.  If he were to drop everything and bail at any time before his chances become 0%, it will be due to some mental breakdown on his part (which I can't see happening).  They've got enough money for him to at least keep his name in the race until all chance is gone.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1158 on: February 16, 2016, 11:27:48 AM »
oh i dont see Jeb bailing.  I think he'll place 5th in every state with 2% and stay in it - only because he wants to be relevant at a convention.

however, Trump is leading by 18 points right now in SC.   He's steamrolling cruz and rubio with CONSERVATIVES.  If Cruz can't win over conservatives in the south against a NY liberal dem lifer d-bag like Trump, he has zero chance.

I've been the biggest trump critic on getbig, by far.  I've said he'll easily win the nomination too.  And I am saying it now - he's gonna tie down enough delegates quickly.  RNC can try all the tricks they have, but he will have the voters.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1159 on: February 16, 2016, 11:44:03 AM »
oh i dont see Jeb bailing.  I think he'll place 5th in every state with 2% and stay in it - only because he wants to be relevant at a convention.

however, Trump is leading by 18 points right now in SC.   He's steamrolling cruz and rubio with CONSERVATIVES.  If Cruz can't win over conservatives in the south against a NY liberal dem lifer d-bag like Trump, he has zero chance.

I've been the biggest trump critic on getbig, by far.  I've said he'll easily win the nomination too.  And I am saying it now - he's gonna tie down enough delegates quickly.  RNC can try all the tricks they have, but he will have the voters.

Yes, ppl need to understand why, when they see carly and santorum and graham and all the rest dropping out as a result of no interest = no donations, jeb is the one guy who can operate outside of that.  but, otherwise, his poll numbers are/were just as pathetic as theirs.

Serves him right!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1160 on: February 16, 2016, 12:26:38 PM »
Mark Levin: Trump Like 'Code Pink, Radical Kook'

Image: Mark Levin: Trump Like 'Code Pink, Radical Kook'   (Getty Images)
By Loren Gutentag   |   
Tuesday, 16 Feb 2016

Conservative talk radio host Mark Levin said presidential front-runner Donald Trump sounded like a "radical kook" at Saturday's GOP debate on CBS after he made comments blaming former president George W. Bush for 9/11 and saying he intentionally lied about weapons of mass destruction, The Right Scoop reports.

"If George Bush went to war in Iraq and was lying about weapons of mass destruction there could not be a worse thing a president of the United States could do, or human being for that matter," Levin said on his radio show Monday.

"There were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. And he was not responsible for 9/11," Levin continued defending the former president's time as commander-in-chief. Adding that Ronald Reagan would have never said the things Trump said at Saturday night's debate.

"To have the leading Republican nominee for president of the United States to make these statements … To have him praised for what he said? Terrible. Absolutely terrible. You and I've lived through this. You and I have lived through this. This isn't distant history."

Levin added that after Saturday's debate, Trump scored an endorsement by Code Pink, a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives.

"He's been praised by Code Pink — He should be praised by Code Pink and every kook organization out there and every left-wing kook organization that hates America."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Mark-Levin-Trump-Code-Pink-Radical-Kook/2016/02/16/id/714510/#ixzz40MfTZ8kG

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1161 on: February 16, 2016, 12:39:29 PM »
Mark Levin: Trump Like 'Code Pink, Radical Kook'

Image: Mark Levin: Trump Like 'Code Pink, Radical Kook'   (Getty Images)
By Loren Gutentag   |    
Tuesday, 16 Feb 2016

Conservative talk radio host Mark Levin said presidential front-runner Donald Trump sounded like a "radical kook" at Saturday's GOP debate on CBS after he made comments blaming former president George W. Bush for 9/11 and saying he intentionally lied about weapons of mass destruction, The Right Scoop reports.

"If George Bush went to war in Iraq and was lying about weapons of mass destruction there could not be a worse thing a president of the United States could do, or human being for that matter," Levin said on his radio show Monday.

"There were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. And he was not responsible for 9/11," Levin continued defending the former president's time as commander-in-chief. Adding that Ronald Reagan would have never said the things Trump said at Saturday night's debate.

"To have the leading Republican nominee for president of the United States to make these statements … To have him praised for what he said? Terrible. Absolutely terrible. You and I've lived through this. You and I have lived through this. This isn't distant history."

Levin added that after Saturday's debate, Trump scored an endorsement by Code Pink, a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives.

"He's been praised by Code Pink — He should be praised by Code Pink and every kook organization out there and every left-wing kook organization that hates America."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Mark-Levin-Trump-Code-Pink-Radical-Kook/2016/02/16/id/714510/#ixzz40MfTZ8kG

Last thing anyone in the mainstream is going to do is to acknowledge that serious fault exists outside of Al Qaeda or whatever we were calling it back then.  They won't take even a tiny step in that direction, because they know where it will lead.

And decisions like that, at least in the beginning, couldn't have been made anywhere but behind a closed door.  That's what's up with that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1162 on: February 17, 2016, 12:07:18 PM »
Nikki Haley to endorse Marco Rubio
By Dana Bash, Jamie Gangel and Eric Bradner, CNN
Updated 2:57 PM ET, Wed February 17, 2016 | Video Source: CNN

Washington (CNN)South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley is endorsing Marco Rubio, giving the Florida senator a huge boost just days before the state's crucial Saturday primary.

Haley's endorsement is expected to come at a 6 p.m. Wednesday event in Chapin. She'll then be on the campaign trail with Rubio through Saturday's primary.

The popular second-term governor's endorsement could help Rubio, who is facing attacks from both Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush ahead of Saturday's vote.

An adviser to Haley and a source close to Rubio's campaign confirmed her endorsement to CNN.

It was first reported by state's biggest papers, The State in Columbia and The Charleston Post and Courier.

The current leader in South Carolina, according to a CNN/ORC poll released Tuesday, is Donald Trump, with 38% support. He's trailed by Cruz with 22%, Rubio with 14%, Bush with 10%, Ben Carson at 6% and Ohio Gov. John Kasich at 4%.

Haley is just the latest South Carolina Republican whose support Rubio has picked up. He is also backed by Sen. Tim Scott and Rep. Trey Gowdy, two high-profile members of the state's congressional delegation.

Rubio sees Haley's endorsement as providing "a lift to come in second" in the Palmetto State's primary, a source close to the campaign told CNN.

It's also a sign, the source said, that "the disaster at the debate in New Hampshire is over" and Rubio now has firm standing over Bush.

Bush himself had told NBC News on Tuesday that Haley's endorsement would be critical.

"She is the probably the most meaningful endorsement," Bush said, adding that her support would be "powerful" and if he didn't get it, "it sends a signal that I got to work harder."

Following the news of the endorsement, Bush's camp said Haley is "a great governor and a talent," but added, "Jeb is the only candidate in this race with the proven record and results to defeat Hillary Clinton and he looks forward to having Nikki Haley on his team in the general election."

Haley has long made her distaste for Trump clear, including a shot at the Republican front-runner in the State of the Union response she delivered for the GOP this year.

"During anxious times, it can be tempting to follow the siren call of the angriest voices," Haley said during that speech from the governor's residence in Columbia. "We must resist that temptation. No one who is willing to work hard, abide by our laws, and love our traditions should ever feel unwelcome in this country."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/17/politics/nikki-haley-endorses-marco-rubio/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1163 on: February 17, 2016, 12:21:17 PM »

she's a tea partier than ended up being a freakin RINO, soft on immigration.

SHe's actually the female Rubio.

James

« Reply #1164 on: February 17, 2016, 12:51:02 PM »

One con-artist and fraud endorses another. Big surprise.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1165 on: February 17, 2016, 12:51:38 PM »
This

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1166 on: February 17, 2016, 12:52:43 PM »

What con and fraud are you talking about regarding Haley?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1167 on: February 17, 2016, 12:59:02 PM »
Nothing worse than a Globalist trying to masquerade himself/herself as an American Conservative.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1168 on: February 17, 2016, 08:04:58 PM »
Talk about an inability to recognize your own weaknesses.  And some people want to put this dude in charge of the military and nuclear weapons??

Trump Questioned on His Civility: Attacks Rivals
By Greg Richter
Wednesday, 17 Feb 2016

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump was questioned by an independent South Carolina voter about his civility during an MSNBC town hall on Wednesday. He answered by slamming his rivals.

"I think you've been really successful in tapping into the kind of voter who wants a politician to tell it like it is, wants politicians to be honest," the woman told Trump. "And so I think you've done a successful job of tapping into that passion. My question is, where do you think the line is between boldness and honesty and disrespect and rudeness and does that line change from candidate Trump and President Trump?"

Trump replied that he isn't as uncivil as some think, saying networks bleeped him recently when he didn't even say a vulgar word, though he admitted he did repeat a word from an audience member in another instance.

Co-host Joe Scarborough challenged Trump on his civility towards other people, because, he said, "you like hammering other people." Scarborough said during his time as a member of Congress he had a rule of only being at war with one person at a time.

"Your rule seems to be you have to be at war with at least a dozen people at a time," Scarborough told Trump. "What happens if you're president of the United States.... Are you going to have friends on the Hill?"

Trump responded that he has successfully knocked out most of the original 16 other Republicans in the field.

"I was very strong and very bold and I hit a lot of people," Trump said. "I knocked out (South Carolina Sen.) Lindsey Graham, I knocked out (former Texas Gov. Rick) Perry, a lot of people, (Wisconsin Gov. Scott) Walker."

"But if you knock everybody else out and you're president of the United States, then you have to deal with 535 people that are going to be hammering you every day," Scarborough said.

"I have a great temperament. I think [it's] my biggest strength," Trump said.

"Jeb Bush would disagree. Lindsey Graham would disagree," Scarborough said.

"Jeb is a sad case, OK. It's sad," Trump responded.

"See, there you go again," Scarborough said.

"In a year from now people will respect what I did," Trump said. "I had Lindsey Graham, he was at 7 percent. After I hit him he was at nothing and he left the race. Now he's an angry person. I see him on television and he's like an insane person."

"Again," Scarborough jumped in, "you're proving my point."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/donald-trump-can-he-be-civil-attacks/2016/02/17/id/714873/#ixzz40UN6fuLm

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1169 on: February 17, 2016, 08:19:20 PM »
Trump owns these assholes, but good.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1170 on: February 17, 2016, 11:41:41 PM »

this x 2

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1171 on: February 17, 2016, 11:44:38 PM »
What con and fraud are you talking about regarding Haley?

is this a joke?

she ran as tea party, and has been the opposite of that while in power.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/06/sc-conservative-groups-feel-betrayed-by-haley/

Read that article.  Then pretend you still don't know why people are calling her a disingenuous sellout to the conservatives.

James

« Reply #1172 on: February 18, 2016, 08:40:06 AM »

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #1173 on: February 18, 2016, 09:05:36 AM »
She's a rino and she just endorsed the only exceptable repub to the DC folks. I'm not saying I'd not vote for Rubio. Its not like the Dems can attack him for his immigration stance like Cruz is. The picture needs to get much more clear and we need 1-2 guys...not named Trump
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1174 on: February 18, 2016, 09:31:25 AM »
She's a rino and she just endorsed the only exceptable repub to the DC folks. I'm not saying I'd not vote for Rubio. Its not like the Dems can attack him for his immigration stance like Cruz is. The picture needs to get much more clear and we need 1-2 guys...not named Trump

Once the field narrows, Trump will get crushed IMO.  But as Krauthammer said, if the field does not narrow, Trump can win this. 

Good discussion here: