Author Topic: Chuck Liddell says he has the edge against Shogun; feels he deserved Rampage  (Read 865 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
“He’s a good fighter … had a great career in Pride, and I’ll be glad to show him again why UFC is better than Pride. I have the edge in the standup game and the wrestling game, too. His submission game is decent, but I don’t think I’ll have a problem with his submission game, either…. I didn’t think I needed two wins in a row to get a title shot. But two fights definitely give me the credibility to get a title shot.” - Chuck Liddell
Z

coltrane

• Getbig IV
“He’s a good fighter … had a great career in Pride, and I’ll be glad to show him again why UFC is better than Pride. I have the edge in the standup game and the wrestling game, too. His submission game is decent, but I don’t think I’ll have a problem with his submission game, either…. I didn’t think I needed two wins in a row to get a title shot. But two fights definitely give me the credibility to get a title shot.” - Chuck Liddell

for the record:  how many times has Page beaten Chuck?  Twice now?

cht868

• Getbig III
if chuck wouldn't have lost to jardine i would i agree with him, but he needs to beat shogun, then he can talk about fighting rampage for the 3rd time

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
I think Liddell will win if someone doest teach this former pride fighters how to move in a cage. Liddell definitely   knows how to use the dimensions of the cage to his advantage.  One of the key strategies Jardine used was to not chase Liddell and prevent Liddell from putting him into a awkward angles where it was easy to counter punch.   If Shogun does that and doesn't, like wand did, come straight forward he can win. Work the legs and stay outside and again don't chase Liddell, it only sets him up to counter punch.  The reason Liddell lost to Jackson in Pride was that he was repeatedly cornered which is an example of how a person who fights in the cage can become disorientated in a ring. The angles are completely different.  Liddell wasnt able to circle properly and set up counter punches.  In the second fight he tried to go toe to toe and got knocked out.  If they fight again I guarantee he will fight from the outside and circle Jackson.   Getting back to Shogun, he can win if he doesn't allow Liddell to fight his fight and more importantly if he improves his cardio. 
A

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
I'm glad this fight is happening, should be very interesting!

If Shogun lose, well he then has 2 losses in a row - will he run back to Japan then  ;D

If Chuck lose, what's next for Chuck? He will be a long way from a title fight then...

Z