Author Topic: Why do artists always say the word "record"?  (Read 1479 times)

ritch

• Getbig V
Why do artists always say the word "record"?
« on: September 04, 2015, 02:44:06 PM »
Bad enough people don't buy music no more, but why do they insist on saying "record"? Is it because they "recorded it"? Or they just want to sound vintage? Dunno, always bugged me and am seeking answers only the likes the almighty getbig can reply.

The last record I bought must have been the Iron Maiden "power slave" album when I was in elementary school.

So cancel your plans for the evening/weekend as we get to the bottom of this one...
?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
Re: Why do artists always say the word "record"?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 03:20:53 PM »
So cancel your plans for the evening/weekend as we get to the bottom of this one...

Sure, we'll drop everything and get right on that for ya.

::)

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 03:23:59 PM »
Sure, we'll drop everything and get right on that for ya.

::)

You may need to remove the cock from your mouth to type your responses though. So whenever you're ready....
?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 03:52:18 PM »
Bad enough people don't buy music no more, but why do they insist on saying "record"? Is it because they "recorded it"? Or they just want to sound vintage? Dunno, always bugged me and am seeking answers only the likes the almighty getbig can reply.

The last record I bought must have been the Iron Maiden "power slave" album when I was in elementary school.

If by "record" you mean "album" as in "vinyl" then perhaps I can help you.  Some mediums evoke memories better than others and by memories I mean one's own or those learnt from others.  Vinyl does this.  Mp3s and even the new hope, "Hi-Rez" do not. 

It's said that love is friendship set to music. 

I closing I should like to point out something I find important.  Regardless of the medium, real music can move the soul.  cRap and hippity hop however simply move the bowels.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 03:55:32 PM »
If by "record" you mean "album" as in "vinyl" then perhaps I can help you.  Some mediums evoke memories better than others and by memories I mean one's own or those learnt from others.  Vinyl does this.  Mp3s and even the new hope, "Hi-Rez" do not. 

It's said that love is friendship set to music. 

I closing I should like to point out something I find important.  Regardless of the medium, real music can move the soul.  cRap and hippity hop however simply move the bowels.

LOL! I actually have an old school hip hop playlist playing now, but get what ya saying...
?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 03:55:59 PM »
You may need to remove the cock from your mouth to type your responses

I could see your point, if people typed with their mouths; unfortunately – people do not type with their mouths, dumbfuck.

If ones fingers were otherwise engaged, however -

sticks finger in ass to begin the gaping process...

- typing could prove challenging.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 03:58:29 PM »
I could see your point, if people typed with their mouths; unfortunately – people do not type with their mouths, dumbfuck.

If ones fingers were otherwise engaged, however -

- typing could prove challenging.

You bring true meaning to the word "fan boy" by quoting something I was joking about. Almost as "loserish" as potato... You two should date. Long distance dating can have it's troubles, but surely you two fags would find a way to make it work....

Ta ta...
?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 04:06:30 PM »
Vinyl is coming back... 8)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 04:08:15 PM »
Vinyl is coming back... 8)

Style is back in style.  Or so I hope...

adamhatfield99

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 04:25:16 PM »

Seems like record is a standard unit or something.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 04:26:04 PM »
Because the word "record" as pertaining to a vinyl LP pressing was derived from the concept of a "record" of the past.  A file cabinet full of paper files is full of "records."  So back when the phonograph was a new thing, the 19TH century hipster term for the physical object that plays was "record" from things frozen in time.  The wave file that contains the performance of "Bru's Blues" is a record of the past.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 02:43:35 AM »
They are recording artists are they not?

Simple Simon

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 03:09:01 AM »
Some say "track"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 04:09:16 AM »
I've said alblum all my life.  Turns out it's called an album.  Thanks Getbig auto-spellcheck.