Author Topic: RIP - 3x Mr. Olympia Sergio Olivia has passed away  (Read 83235 times)

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: RIP - 3x Mr. Olympia Sergio Olivia has passed away
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2012, 10:00:56 PM »
Even though Sergio was very impressive to me Arnold still takes it. Standing next to Sergio his height just killed him. And Arnold's biceps and chest blows past him.

I will say this arms over head picture of Sergio is probably the best bodybuilding photo ever. Impressive as hell. Even beats Arnold's best praying mantis shot.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2012, 11:02:57 PM »
shit.

RIP Sergio

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2012, 11:36:00 PM »
My all time favorite bodybuilder hands down.

71 isn't too old to die... My dad died 3 months ago at the same age.

Always sorry to hear of these things.  Lost my father in 2010.  It does get better, but things are never quite the same.

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2012, 12:25:54 AM »
he said once in his interview.....its an irony that i was winning Mr Olympia while working 8 hour manual labor in a factory and joe weider brought Arnold all the way from Austria and pay him salary to train and get ready for shows.
R.I.P

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2012, 12:41:54 AM »
I think this thread should get sticky. The 'mods' for sure do a great job..

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2012, 01:03:06 AM »

I will say this arms over head picture of Sergio is probably the best bodybuilding photo ever.

lol, you're a dunce.
the guy didn't have half of a tricep in the pic and that's your most impressive bb pic?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2012, 05:44:41 AM »
lol, you're a dunce.
the guy didn't have half of a tricep in the pic and that's your most impressive bb pic?

I think you are the dunce....Sergio's body speaks for itself.....you don't have half a brain

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2012, 06:16:10 AM »
hard to say. Although sergio destroyed arnold in terms of structure (he was a like a precurser to modern day Coleman with a super wide back, tiny waist, great quad flare) he couldn't get nearly as cut as Arnold and I think that hurt him.

His relationship with J.Weider was what hurt him.... Just imagine,you being 3 times mr.O and then Joe brings Arnold who loses to Zane in Miami then to Oliva at the O but keeps being on the covers of all Weider publication the star,Austrian Oakblah,blah, having the best angles in every picture  while Sergio ..... already a champ 3 times!!! never was featured on a cover of Weider only the lousy pics of him on back of a mag or small article  WTF !!! or only the negative stuff about Sergio.......even in 1995 (the Mr.O reunion) Weider called Sergio fat and disrespected him only thanking Arnold for being there.......

My respect to Sergio and Serge 2 bodybuilders that didnt kiss Joe Weider's ass

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2012, 06:22:51 AM »
he said once in his interview.....its an irony that i was winning Mr Olympia while working 8 hour manual labor in a factory and joe weider brought Arnold all the way from Austria and pay him salary to train and get ready for shows.
R.I.P

For christ sake, Arnold lived in london and was already mr universe before weider got involved with him.  Joe did not bring Arnold from Austria. ::) ::) ::) the ignorance of bodybuilding history is rife on this site.

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2012, 06:28:18 AM »
I think you are the dunce....Sergio's body speaks for itself.....you don't have half a brain
yeah man, it speaks that the left tricep has been removed.

hope this one clears your doubts blindman  ;D

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2012, 06:41:57 AM »
did Sergio ever posted on Getbig?.......

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2012, 06:58:36 AM »
Sergio is posing in heaven.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2012, 06:59:50 AM »
did Sergio ever posted on Getbig?.......

yes he did...he said he banged your mom :D

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2012, 08:05:46 AM »
yes he did...he said he banged your mom :D

I heard he Banged you too. is that true?

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »
For christ sake, Arnold lived in london and was already mr universe before weider got involved with him.  Joe did not bring Arnold from Austria. ::) ::) ::) the ignorance of bodybuilding history is rife on this site.
Arnold was not permanently living in london.he was there for Mr universe contest.i think there was a gym close to green street he was training there.he stayed with gym owner i forget his name until weider picked him.
apart from that u will be totally ignorant if you ignore the fact that sergio never get a single peny or even decent coverage in weider magzine being 3 time Mr olympia.
weider aparently think black was not marketable that is why he picked Arnold white boy instead of Mr olympia sergio.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »
What is a even bigger tradegy is that cheath will probably get three sandows now and tie him.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2012, 09:57:52 AM »
Arnold was not permanently living in london.he was there for Mr universe contest.i think there was a gym close to green street he was training there.he stayed with gym owner i forget his name until weider picked him.
apart from that u will be totally ignorant if you ignore the fact that sergio never get a single peny or even decent coverage in weider magzine being 3 time Mr olympia.
weider aparently think black was not marketable that is why he picked Arnold white boy instead of Mr olympia sergio.

OK but Arnold took Arnold away from Autria as soon as he could. He then lived in Germany. Then moved to England for a year under Wag Bennet. Then used Weider as a little pawn in his plan to get to where he wanted to be. Dave Draper was a more likely candidate for promoting Weider products but Arnold's force of nature made him number 1 in Joe's eyes.  In late 1960's racist america there was no way Sergio was going to be promoted ahead of a white Arnold with his dominant drive and personality.
I think Sergio made a lot of bad decisions by turning on Weider then turning on Lurie. Ending up in a self made limbo.
Arnold knew how to use Weider for his own self interest and success.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2012, 10:05:22 AM »
OK but Arnold took Arnold away from Autria as soon as he could. He then lived in Germany. Then moved to England for a year under Wag Bennet. Then used Weider as a little pawn in his plan to get to where he wanted to be. Dave Draper was a more likely candidate for promoting Weider products but Arnold's force of nature made him number 1 in Joe's eyes.  In late 1960's racist america there was no way Sergio was going to be promoted ahead of a white Arnold with his dominant drive and personality.
I think Sergio made a lot of bad decisions by turning on Weider then turning on Lurie. Ending up in a self made limbo.
Arnold knew how to use Weider for his own self interest and success.

Arnold also learned from his mistakes. after he lost he realized he needed to be sharper and more refined to be the best. And he did exactly that...he always came in what was considered "ripped" for the time after that.

Sergio..( no disrespect for the dead... RIP)  was Ronnie Coleman's body with Flex Wheeler's brain.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2012, 10:26:46 AM »
Damn im shocked by this :o True bodybuilding legend! RIP Sergio  :'(

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2012, 11:05:43 AM »
What is a even bigger tradegy is that cheath will probably get three sandows now and tie him.

true that is a tradegy

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2012, 11:31:39 AM »

The owner of the first gym I trained at in South Florida, was Sergios weightlifting coach in Cuba! R.I.P. Myth!

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2012, 11:33:14 AM »
RIP one of the best bodybuilders ever.
Trans Milkshake.

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2012, 11:38:35 AM »
R.I.P.

holy fudge! look at those forearm muscle bellies! freak!  :o

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2012, 11:50:53 AM »
The greatest of the greats is gone! The King is dead, long live the king!!!!!!!
X

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2012, 11:57:19 AM »
Sergio was probably my favorite bodybuilder.  One of the best in the world.  And like others said didn't kiss Weider's jew ass like Arnold.  Didn't sleep in old men's beds to move up in the sport.  But if you don't think his decades of steroid use didn't affect his health you're an idiot.  Arnold will be in Sergio's place when he turns 70.  The only difference is because of his wealth and prestige Arnold will have access to the best healthcare in the world.  But Arnold already looks very old and unhealthy.  71 in 21ste century America isn't that old.  My father in law is 71 and he looks great for his age.  Very healthy, and still does physical labor day in and day out.