Author Topic: Damn it Obama what were you thinking???  (Read 4970 times)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
Damn it Obama what were you thinking???
« on: April 11, 2008, 05:26:50 PM »
Damn he slipped up today, yes i understand what he means when he said poor americans are bitter, cause the rich get tax cuts and the poor dont etc.. However the retarted people will take this way out of context and not understand what Obama was really trying to say.

:'(

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
Re: Damn it Obama what were you thinking???
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 05:33:04 PM »
Damn he slipped up today, yes i understand what he means when he said poor americans are bitter, cause the rich get tax cuts and the poor dont etc.. However the retarted people will take this way out of context and not understand what Obama was really trying to say.

What was he REALLY trying to say?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 05:34:03 PM »
this is just like the rev wright thing.  He gained on hilary during the mess.

Bill said some silly stuff about bosnia yesterday, so the clintons played this.  It's a fri night.  This will be weak by monday.  there is still 11 days til the Penn primary.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 05:34:57 PM »
What was he REALLY trying to say?

That americans are frustrated and fed up with the way things are going right now, espically in rural america where manufacturing jobs r going to mexico and oversees.  Wouldn't you be bitter if you boss said he gave you job to some dude in mexico??

The Coach

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 05:35:08 PM »

He's been "slipping" up since he started campagning.............h ate to say I told you so........but!

Between he and Billary, I never seen two canadates make so much of a mockery of there own party in my life. I have yet to hear them talk about issues, all they do bash each other........are you sure they don't maybe post on here?

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 05:36:02 PM »
Matt is racist.

The Coach

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 05:36:56 PM »
They both should just concede to McCain right now and put themselves out of their misery!

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »
this is just like the rev wright thing.  He gained on hilary during the mess.

Bill said some silly stuff about bosnia yesterday, so the clintons played this.  It's a fri night.  This will be weak by monday.  there is still 11 days til the Penn primary.

Yes you are right, and he also is making a public statement tonight in Indiana to explain himself.  This way this thing doesnt get legs.  He needs to stop the news reports and what they think he means.  And come out and actually explain what he meant, thank God hes giving a statement on the same day the new broke to the public.  

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 05:39:43 PM »
He's been "slipping" up since he started campagning.............h ate to say I told you so........but!

Between he and Billary, I never seen two canadates make so much of a mockery of there own party in my life. I have yet to hear them talk about issues, all they do bash each other........are you sure they don't maybe post on here?

Slipping since he started?  Um then how is he in the lead?.  Only slip up was the Canadian thing and resco, and the pastor comments.   

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 05:40:12 PM »

john mccain said "sunnis have ties to al qaeda" (basically calling half of the muslim world terrorists) and didn't seem to understand that iran (shiite) DOESN'T have ties to al qaeda (sunni). oh and let's not forget that he called al qaeda an "obscure sect of shi'ites" when they're sunnis.

shall i continue, or are you going to prove that you have no bloody idea what you're talking about in politics?

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 05:41:03 PM »
john mccain said "sunnis have ties to al qaeda" (basically calling half of the muslim world terrorists) and didn't seem to understand that iran (shiite) DOESN'T have ties to al qaeda (sunni). oh and let's not forget that he called al qaeda an "obscure sect of shi'ites" when they're sunnis.

shall i continue, or are you going to prove that you have no bloody idea what you're talking about in politics?

NYT completely mistated what he said.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 05:41:59 PM »
I have yet to hear them talk about issues, all they do bash each other..

Have you forgotten Rudy/Romney/McCain standing on FOX debate stage for 3 months calling each other libs?

;)

it's politics, joe.  Whatever Dem runs, they'll have a million statements from Rush, Bush, Hannity, Coulter, Romney, and Rudy----  all of them talking about what a bad job the LIBERAL MCCAIN would do.  It's politics.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 05:43:25 PM »
NYT completely mistated what he said.

i didn't get any of these from the new york times. i watched him say each one on video.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 05:48:45 PM »
i didn't get any of these from the new york times. i watched him say each one on video.

Are you saying you don't want his crazy old finger on the red button?  :-\

Hahahahah...I think it may be too late.  :'(

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 05:49:49 PM »
I don't even think John Mccain is "all there"...

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 05:52:06 PM »
Full transcript:

OBAMA: So, it depends on where you are, but I think it's fair to say that the places where we are going to have to do the most work are the places where people feel most cynical about government. The people are mis-appre...I think they're misunderstanding why the demographics in our, in this contest have broken out as they are. Because everybody just ascribes it to 'white working-class don't wanna work -- don't wanna vote for the black guy.' That's...there were intimations of that in an article in the Sunday New York Times today - kind of implies that it's sort of a race thing.

Here's how it is: in a lot of these communities in big industrial states like Ohio and Pennsylvania, people have been beaten down so long, and they feel so betrayed by government, and when they hear a pitch that is premised on not being cynical about government, then a part of them just doesn't buy it. And when it's delivered by -- it's true that when it's delivered by a 46-year-old black man named Barack Obama (laugher), then that adds another layer of skepticism (laughter).

But -- so the questions you're most likely to get about me, 'Well, what is this guy going to do for me? What's the concrete thing?' What they wanna hear is -- so, we'll give you talking points about what we're proposing -- close tax loopholes, roll back, you know, the tax cuts for the top 1 percent. Obama's gonna give tax breaks to middle-class folks and we're gonna provide health care for every American. So we'll go down a series of talking points.

But the truth is, is that, our challenge is to get people persuaded that we can make progress when there's not evidence of that in their daily lives. You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. So it's not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

Um, now these are in some communities, you know. I think what you'll find is, is that people of every background -- there are gonna be a mix of people, you can go in the toughest neighborhoods, you know working-class lunch-pail folks, you'll find Obama enthusiasts. And you can go into places where you think I'd be very strong and people will just be skeptical. The important thing is that you show up and you're doing what you're doing.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 05:52:59 PM »
People think Mccain is just going to destroy Obama in the General election, i don't see why? His voter turn out was half of what Obamas is.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 05:53:22 PM »
They all suck.
O

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 05:56:19 PM »
They all suck.

I agree all of them should step aside and apologize for this freak show they call an election

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 06:02:39 PM »
blame it on his white grandmother

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 06:02:53 PM »
. I have yet to hear them talk about issues,
oh brother...and what do you want them to discuss? there minute differences in semantics when it comes to writing health care plans? or whether pulling out of iraq would be better on a tuesday, or on a thursday???

there is no discussing the issues cuz they are pretty much identical on the issues, moron

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
Has Obama ever shared a hot tub with Will Harris ?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 06:09:18 PM »
You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. So it's not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

Good job, Leroy....  insult citizens in a major state that will be a critical swing state in the general election and where you're behind hillary in the polls by basically calling them rednecks.    ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 06:10:15 PM »
I agree all of them should step aside and apologize for this freak show they call an election

Post of the Day

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 06:17:17 PM »

You mean the presidential reality show? Typical American media shenanigans.
~