Author Topic: Wouldn't it be awesome if atheists left America?  (Read 6709 times)

RZA

• Getbig IV
Re: Wouldn't it be awesome if atheists left America?
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 08:55:19 AM »
All a long time ago...if they had lived now they would have been atheists.

Copernicus got almost killed for his work and I'm afraid you don't know much about Descartes' philosophy. He "believed"(by despair let's say) in God but he's the one who shattered the Christian philosophical principles which ruled his time.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 08:57:12 AM »
only idiots believe in god.
Only idiots have 20,000 posts.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 08:58:05 AM »
the religious (especially Christians)in my experience are some of the most judgemental hypocritical people on the face of the earth.
DAWG

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 09:00:02 AM »
Good video. Atheists unnecessarily get a bad rap

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 09:01:43 AM »
haha id love to see the faces of religious people when they are dead and there wont happen shit hahaha.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2009, 09:02:13 AM »
I'm not religious, but I believe in god- and so do most people I know. Proclaiming education is dictated by religious belief is completely fallacious. It's no big shock that 91% of the academy of science members are atheists because science and religion directly contradict one another. However, I guarantee you that other professions are balanced between atheist and non-atheist and I'd bet that the vast majority of most professions have a ratio in favor of those who believe in god. Lawyers, Doctors, Accountants, etc.
 Atheists dont have the answer to anything. There are no scientific facts, there are only theories. You cant prove that one theory exists just because there isn't evidence of a conflicting theory. There is no evidence that there is no god, and there is no conclusive evidence that there is a god. I believe in god but I don't close my eyes to science and ignore other peoples theories or beliefs.  Its arrogant and anti- intellectual to assume you have all the answers.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2009, 09:06:02 AM »
I'm not religious, but I believe in god- and so do most people I know. Proclaiming education is dictated by religious belief is completely fallacious. It's no big shock that 91% of the academy of science members are atheists because science and religion directly contradict one another. However, I guarantee you that other professions are balanced between atheist and non-atheist and I'd bet that the vast majority of most professions have a ratio in favor of those who believe in god. Lawyers, Doctors, Accountants, etc.
 Atheists dont have the answer to anything. There are no scientific facts, there are only theories. You cant prove that one theory exists just because there isn't evidence of a conflicting theory. There is no evidence that there is no god, and there is no conclusive evidence that there is a god. I believe in god but I don't close my eyes to science and ignore other peoples theories or beliefs.  Its arrogant and anti- intellectual to assume you have all the answers.

But isn't it a simple fact that atheism leaves a door open for new answers and new questions whereas religion tends (most of the time at least) to give you final answers. A real atheist should be an open-minded person who doesn't replace one belief by another. But rarely do you see religious people fond of relativism.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2009, 09:06:52 AM »
 Atheists dont have the answer to anything. There are no scientific facts, there are only theories. You cant prove that one theory exists just because there isn't evidence of a conflicting theory. There is no evidence that there is no god, and there is no conclusive evidence that there is a god. I believe in god but I don't close my eyes to science and ignore other peoples theories or beliefs. Its arrogant and anti- intellectual to assume you have all the answers.

The balance is changing. More and more people are becoming atheists.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2009, 09:08:45 AM »
But isn't it a simple fact that atheism leaves a door open for new answers and new questions whereas religion tends (most of the time at least) to give you final answers. A real atheist should be an open-minded person who doesn't replace one belief by another. But rarely do you see religious people fond of relativism.

Agreed. Religion is final. There is no attempt to make improvements, whereas atheists are generally more scientific, admit they don't know everything and pursue more knowledge in an attempt to come to a true conclusion.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2009, 09:09:10 AM »
haha id love to see the faces of religious people when they are dead and there wont happen shit hahaha.
...there wont happen sh--?    hahaha    

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2009, 09:09:52 AM »
The balance is changing. More and more people are becoming atheists.

I disagree with this.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2009, 09:10:07 AM »
is there something you dont understand what i said top hond?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2009, 09:11:39 AM »
I disagree with this.

The fact you disagree with this statement doesn't make it any less valid.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2009, 09:11:49 AM »
I disagree with this.

Then you are wrong

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2009, 09:12:55 AM »

Hahahaha... ok

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2009, 09:15:34 AM »

all sheep need a Shepard..and thats what the "vast majority" of people currently are...bahh bahh..
DAWG

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
carpe` vaginum!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2009, 09:28:31 AM »
Cap- Any person who has studied philosophy will tell you that it is impossible to prove the existence of one theory simply by demonstrating the absence of evidence in a conflicting theory. There is no concrete data which tends to show conclusively that god does not exist. There is also no concrete data in the alternative which tends to show conclusively that god exists. The truth of the matter is that nobody knows.

Burn- This is completely untrue. Unfortunately, there are way more religious people than atheists in this world and the balance is shifting even more toward religion. I say unfortunately because the hideous Islamic faith is growing by leaps and bounds across the globe. A lot of this is due largely to higher birth rates coupled with indoctrination which practically begins at birth.

RZA: Dude- Not where I live. In the Northeast the athestists are the annoying, morally superior, know it alls. They paint all religion with a broad brush and refuse to engage in serious discussion about it. I agree that you should be open to all ideas. Don't think that the religious nut cases who live in Kentucky or Texas represent all people who believe in god.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2009, 09:30:26 AM »
ok, so we've established the fact that they are judgemental.

Truth is truth. It's not judgemental. I can say to a drunk that he is a drunk without being judgemental right?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2009, 09:32:51 AM »
Cap- Any person who has studied philosophy will tell you that it is impossible to prove the existence of one theory simply by demonstrating the absence of evidence in a conflicting theory. There is no concrete data which tends to show conclusively that god does not exist. There is also no concrete data in the alternative which tends to show conclusively that god exists. The truth of the matter is that nobody knows.

Burn- This is completely untrue. Unfortunately, there are way more religious people than atheists in this world and the balance is shifting even more toward religion. I say unfortunately because the hideous Islamic faith is growing by leaps and bounds across the globe. A lot of this is due largely to higher birth rates coupled with indoctrination which practically begins at birth.

RZA: Dude- Not where I live. In the Northeast the athestists are the annoying, morally superior, know it alls. They paint all religion with a broad brush and refuse to engage in serious discussion about it. I agree that you should be open to all ideas. Don't think that the religious nut cases who live in Kentucky or Texas represent all people who believe in god.

No data to show that Poseidon doesn't exist as well; what's your point?
I hate the State.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2009, 09:40:19 AM »
No data to show that Poseidon doesn't exist as well; what's your point?

That's more or less what I was going to retort with... philosophical statements are too vague and ambiguous in general, they almost never offer any resolution.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2009, 09:43:13 AM »

This is a false argument simply because most people have religion forced on them from practically the day they are born, whereas almost all Atheists come to their conclusion on their own.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2009, 09:47:07 AM »
This is a false argument simply because most people have religion forced on them from practically the day they are born, whereas almost all Atheists come to their conclusion on their own.

This is also true, it is pounded into your head during your most impressionable years (2-8) by parents, priests, grandparents and for the most part in school.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2009, 09:59:16 AM »
Truth is truth. It's not judgemental. I can say to a drunk that he is a drunk without being judgemental right?
Aw come on...too easy......       like saying millions of people you know nothing about and have never seen or met are drunks........how do you know?     I don'r know anything regarding this thread, my point is neither does anyone else.    And Mars writes as if he's either dyslexic or special.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2009, 10:00:24 AM »
Aw come on...too easy......       like saying millions of people you know nothing about and have never seen or met are drunks........how do you know?     I don'r know anything regarding this thread, my point is neither does anyone else.    And Mars writes as if he's either dyslexic or special.

Mars is de meester van OORLOG!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate the State.