Author Topic: Wouldn't it be awesome if atheists left America?  (Read 6708 times)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Wouldn't it be awesome if atheists left America?
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2009, 10:01:41 AM »
maybe im drunkj?

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2009, 10:05:12 AM »
Aw come on...too easy......       like saying millions of people you know nothing about and have never seen or met are drunks........how do you know?     I don'r know anything regarding this thread, my point is neither does anyone else.    And Mars writes as if he's either dyslexic or special.

If I know how much a person drinks I can say he is an alcoholic. The same way if I know a person has a religion I can tell he is being ignorant in that specific subject.

There is NO reason to believe something without evidence. End of conversation.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2009, 10:07:45 AM »
This is also true, it is pounded into your head during your most impressionable years (2-8) by parents, priests, grandparents and for the most part in school.

This is why people conform their local religion and not one of foreign influence. People do what they are taught/forced to do. Only the most intelligent and strong willed break free of this.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2009, 10:11:20 AM »
If I know how much a person drinks I can say he is an alcoholic. The same way if I know a person has a religion I can tell he is being ignorant in that specific subject.

Same as you not having evidence, only belief in a theory. That's just as ignorant.  Sorry.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2009, 10:15:18 AM »

The fact that anyone can argue this statement is beyond ridiculous, yet the sheeple 'believe' they can.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2009, 10:17:35 AM »
imagine there are people who believe in a hell and a heaven. haha.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2009, 10:18:01 AM »
Same as you not having evidence, only belief in a theory. That's just as ignorant.  Sorry.

Utterly ridiculous.

Typical misunderstanding of the word ,theory, when used in scientific terminology.

A theory is not a guess or assumption when articulated by individuals in the scientific community.

You should read this before posting mis-information again.

http://atheism.about.com/od/evolutionexplained/a/fact_theory.htm

Tesla

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2009, 12:54:58 PM »
the religious (especially Christians)in my experience are some of the most judgemental hypocritical people on the face of the earth.

Say what you want about Christians but the most brainwashed bible beater is vastly better than a Muslim jihadist. 

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2009, 01:00:38 PM »
What a bunch of BS. Where are the facts associated with this. Look I understand ur an English teacher who hates America, but we're doing ok since u left.

Most of it is very true. Did you know that evangelical christians actually have higher divorce rates than atheists? http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

CD

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2009, 01:00:59 PM »
Say what you want about Christians but the most brainwashed bible beater is vastly better than a Muslim jihadist. 

Not saying much though...
I hate the State.

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2009, 01:01:45 PM »
I find atheists self-hating miserable know-it-alls. Usually a drug filled past, ex hippie type. Dysfunctional, not very good at relationships, etc.   BUT....they have all the answers noone else has.  Amazing.

Not true, the most well adjusted people are often atheist. Evangelical christians are more likely to divorce http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

CD

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2009, 01:02:10 PM »
god sucks

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2009, 01:02:32 PM »
Great post, makes me feel better about my atheist contributions to society.  

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2009, 01:02:38 PM »
Ur kidding right...this video basically bashes organized religion and says that Christians are idiots. Ok, no judgement there.  :o

::) It doesn't bash or judge. But no one know what would happen exactly. I assume this is an assessment based on statistics, or it would be a total waste.

In which case it's far from bashing.

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2009, 01:03:27 PM »
Copernicus, Francis Bacon, Kepler, Descartes, Newton, Boyle, Mendel and Kelvin.

You forgot Pascal.

CD

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2009, 01:06:59 PM »
You forgot Pascal.

CD

Pascal...his wager sucks...
I hate the State.

Tesla

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2009, 01:07:56 PM »
Not saying much though...

I only mention it because let's face it, a lot of people in any society are going to be drawn to religion.  Given that this is the case I'd rather have a lot more Christians than Muslims.  Europeans who are proud of their secular societies seem oblivious to the demographic time-bomb they are sitting on.  

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2009, 01:08:08 PM »
Actually, being Agnostic is probably more logical than being atheist.
I hope there is a God... or something.

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2009, 01:08:19 PM »
I find atheists self-hating miserable know-it-alls. Usually a drug filled past, ex hippie type. Dysfunctional, not very good at relationships, etc.   BUT....they have all the answers noone else has.  Amazing.

You meant christians right??

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2009, 01:09:13 PM »
Aw come on...too easy......       like saying millions of people you know nothing about and have never seen or met are drunks........how do you know?     I don'r know anything regarding this thread, my point is neither does anyone else.    And Mars writes as if he's either dyslexic or special.

You got it all wrong. People walk around saying "god" exists because "he" hasn't been disproven and cannot be disproven. According to such logic, every unprovable concept must be true, given it cannot be disproved. Thus, I hereby claim that an invisible anus in the 8. dimension farted out our universe around the time of the event called "big bang". It must be true, right?

Religious people do not understand the concept of positive evidence and induction.

CD

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2009, 01:10:22 PM »
At least most Christians have moved on from their barbaric ways of past centuries.  Most Muslims are still unfortunately far behind as far as beliefs, customs, worship, degredation of women, and violence.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2009, 01:10:38 PM »
91% of the members of the Academy of Sciences are atheists. You really think the US would be better off if all the atheists left?

And as unenthusiastic as I am about my work, I would rather do that than kill people in order to plunder for special interests.

Are they Practicing Atheists, or are they just saying that they are Atheist just fit in? Just like Christian (or insert any religion) there are those who say they are, just to avoid persecution or just to fit in, and there are the true believers. Just like any other group.

People are social animals, and group themselves. Just like Getbig, they have a common interest (Science or in our case bodybuilding), and just like Getbig there are those who don't really lift ( or don't look like it), and then there are those who do.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2009, 01:10:48 PM »
God is a DJ.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2009, 01:12:02 PM »

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2009, 01:12:20 PM »
Actually, being Agnostic is probably more logical than being atheist.
I hope there is a God... or something.

Most agnosticist are really atheist, but dare not admit it or do not understand that they are indeed atheist. This follows from the concepts of induction and positive evidence. In regard to every possible unprovable concept, are you atheist or agnostic?

CD