Author Topic: Dropkick Murphys tell Gov. Walker: 'We literally hate you'  (Read 464 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Dropkick Murphys tell Gov. Walker: 'We literally hate you'
« on: January 26, 2015, 11:58:27 AM »
Why do they "literally hate" this man? 

Published January 26, 2015
Associated Press

The punk rock band Dropkick Murphys is asking Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker to stop playing one of their songs, saying on Twitter that "We literally hate you."

Walker took the stage Saturday at the Iowa Freedom Summit to its song "I'm Shipping Up to Boston." The band then tweeted at Walker's official and personal accounts, "please stop using our music in any way...we literally hate you !!! Love, Dropkick Murphys."

The band has been vocally supportive of union rights and critical of Walker's steps to effectively end collective bargaining for public workers in Wisconsin. In 2012, the band also asked then-Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald not to play the song after he used it at the state GOP convention.

Walker's spokesman had no immediate comment Monday.

Walker has continued to play John Mellencamp songs even after the rocker expressed displeasure.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/26/dropkick-murphys-tell-gov-walker-literally-hate/?intcmp=HPBucket

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Dropkick Murphys tell Gov. Walker: 'We literally hate you'
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 12:57:27 PM »
typical libs espousing hatred.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 01:01:54 PM »
typical libs espousing hatred.

what's wrong with hatred

I can think of plenty of things to hate

can't you?

you don't think Repubs (and everyone for that matter) hate some things too?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 03:45:27 PM »
Why do they "literally hate" this man? 

Published January 26, 2015
Associated Press

The punk rock band Dropkick Murphys is asking Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker to stop playing one of their songs, saying on Twitter that "We literally hate you."

Walker took the stage Saturday at the Iowa Freedom Summit to its song "I'm Shipping Up to Boston." The band then tweeted at Walker's official and personal accounts, "please stop using our music in any way...we literally hate you !!! Love, Dropkick Murphys."

The band has been vocally supportive of union rights and critical of Walker's steps to effectively end collective bargaining for public workers in Wisconsin. In 2012, the band also asked then-Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald not to play the song after he used it at the state GOP convention.

Walker's spokesman had no immediate comment Monday.

Walker has continued to play John Mellencamp songs even after the rocker expressed displeasure.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/26/dropkick-murphys-tell-gov-walker-literally-hate/?intcmp=HPBucket

Walker's a bad ass when it comes to dealing with unions.  Might be a strong right wing Presidential candidate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 03:48:12 PM »

Walker's a bad ass when it comes to dealing with unions.  Might be a strong right wing Presidential candidate.

I liked what he had to say about unions.  They got rid of the guaranteed seniority system when it comes to pay and layoffs and said they can now hire, fire, and pay based on merit.  Pretty impressive, because unions are no joke.  Very powerful.