Author Topic: SICK Lebron dunk, pre-game warm up.  (Read 11151 times)

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
Re: SICK Lebron dunk, pre-game warm up.
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2013, 06:58:24 AM »
As far as pure dunking goes, you have to mention the Human Highlight Reel, Dominique Wilkings.

How he wasn't paret of the NBA's 50 is beyond me.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2013, 07:14:40 AM »
As far as pure dunking goes, you have to mention the Human Highlight Reel, Dominique Wilkings.

How he wasn't paret of the NBA's 50 is beyond me.
I would put Vince Carter in as well. That guy was Blake Griffin before Blake Griffin.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2013, 07:16:28 AM »
As nice as that was it would be average in current dunk contests, you have James White scoring a 45 on a 2 handed gorilla dunk from one step inside the free throw line now and people going ho him at a 360 between the legs by a 6 foot guard at the last contest.Jordan could have pulled that off with ease if he practiced it, seriously what was that difficult, he does a spin move, throws the ball between his legs and throws it of the backboard and dunks it, Nate Robinson at 5'7 did  the same dunk easily but twice through his legs at one of his dunk contest wins,me at 5'11 and white has done the same dunk off the backboard (without the between the legs).I Remember watching a game when Jordan played the rockets between 96-98, no doubt it's on YouTube.Pippen has the ball on the three point line and Jordan is in the post with a defender all over him, with one swift move he spins off his man as Pippen lobs the ball towards the hoop and Jordan catches it with ease with one hand and dunks it, a far more difficult move.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2013, 07:17:55 AM »
I would put Vince Carter in as well. That guy was Blake Griffin before Blake Griffin.

You would put Vince Carter in the NBA's 50 greatest players?

He was an awesome dunker, but he doesn't belong in the 50 best.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2013, 07:19:21 AM »

Peak Carter is easily top 50, but his peak was only 2-3 years.Careerwise he isn't top 50.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2013, 07:21:16 AM »

My bad. I certainly wouldn't put him in the top 50. The top 50 NBA players is a stupid concept anyway. What about the younger generation? Will the older guys have to give back they're jackets?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2013, 07:21:16 AM »
Spent a drunken hour Saturday night shooting and dunking balls on one of those toy door-mounted rims. I rock.   

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2013, 07:22:19 AM »
Spent a drunken hour Saturday night shooting and dunking balls on one of those toy door-mounted rims. I rock.   
You are too old for this conversation.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2013, 07:25:07 AM »
Peak Carter is easily top 50, but his peak was only 2-3 years.Careerwise he isn't top 50.

I was speaking about career, and Vince's "jumper's knee" unfortunately limited his career and abilities.

'Nique was easily deserving of the Top 50.  He was snubbed, plain and simple.

I rest my case, look at these stats:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/322405-dominique-wilkins-the-most-underrated-player-in-nba-history

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2013, 07:25:51 AM »
LeBron is a great basketball player, but it's way too early to compare him to Jordan. Ultimately, for me, it boils down to this: getting a great dunk during a warm-up is one thing, but being a consistently great player and leader in the game and carrying your team over a long period of time, especially when the heat is on? Quite another...

And regardless of who the better player will turn out to be, in my book, Michael Jordan seems like the better person.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2013, 07:27:30 AM »
LeBron is a great basketball player, but it's way too early to compare him to Jordan. Ultimately, for me, it boils down to this: getting a great dunk during a warm-up is one thing, but being a consistently great player and leader in the game and carrying your team over a long period of time, especially when the heat is on? Quite another...

And regardless of who the better player will turn out to be, in my book, Michael Jordan seems like the better person.

Michael Jordan is NOT a nice person. 
There are even allegations that exist that Michael's gambling got him in some serious hot water.  I'll allow you to look them up, because some of the allegations are way out there.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2013, 07:29:05 AM »

Exactly, here is the dunk I was talking about, it never gets shown because its just a typical Jordan move.Here he is at 35, 1yr older than current Kobe and EIGHT years older than current Lebron, check out the quickness and speed, the coordination on all his moves and the smoothness.The alley oop is it 2:16, even current Lebron would have trouble pulling that off, his post moves suck.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2013, 07:29:22 AM »

Exactly.. Plus rings.  Only Kobe can sniff Jordan's nuts at this point. Even then, Can you compare a guy like Pippen to Shaq? Pippen will easily be phased out of the top 50, while Shaq could be in the top 10. Is there really an arguement on who had the better supporting cast?

GhostWriter

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2013, 07:48:36 AM »
So given this ring logic, Bill Russell and his 11 rings ,is better than jordan who just has 6?
Robert Horry and his 7 rings, is better than both Kobe and Jordan what just have 6 rings?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2013, 07:53:27 AM »
So given this ring logic, Bill Russell and his 11 rings ,is better than jordan who just has 6?
Robert Horry and his 7 rings, is better than both Kobe and Jordan what just have 6 rings?
It's not just ring logic numb nuts. Russell was a man amongst boys. Horry was a good player, lucky enough to be on great teams. Does anyone question if Horry is better than Jordan, Kobe, Lebron etc..?

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2013, 07:53:41 AM »
I fail to see what's so special about Someone dunking a ball???

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2013, 07:56:39 AM »
I fail to see what's so special about Someone dunking a ball???

Guess the race.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2013, 09:19:22 AM »
Michael Jordan is NOT a nice person. 
There are even allegations that exist that Michael's gambling got him in some serious hot water.  I'll allow you to look them up, because some of the allegations are way out there.

I never said he was nice. I said he seemed like a better person. It's entirely possible that I am wrong; after all I don't know either of them and they may both be despicable human beings.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2013, 09:31:02 AM »
lebron could play in the nfl easy, hes a better athlete than MJ.....hands down
l

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2013, 09:47:03 AM »
lebron could play in the nfl easy, hes a better athlete than MJ.....hands down
What does that have to do with the NBA? Go watch a friend jackoff.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2013, 09:49:52 AM »
not only that, but jordan didn't take care of himself at all.  probably ran gear.  drank whiskey, smoked cigars, played cards half the night, whored around.

given today's medicine, sports technology, special 'clinics' in germany that peyton manning and kobie visit...

In ten years, Lebron will probably still be playing at 85% of what he is today.  He'll destroy jordan on longevity when all is said and done.  He might only have 4 titles when he retires, but his dominance will probably surpass jordan easily.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2013, 09:51:49 AM »
Jordan has six rings. Lebron has one.

so robert horry has 7 is he better then jordan? or how about bill russell?

Jordan had a top 50 all time player in history as a side kick, on par with wade and also had the best rebounder in NBA history and defensive beast on his team.

Rings matter, but they don't end an argument. Look at the teams james had in cleveland, mo williams was his best teammate. He took scrubs to the finals.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2013, 09:55:34 AM »
so robert horry has 7 is he better then jordan? or how about bill russell?

Jordan had a top 50 all time player in history as a side kick, on par with wade and also had the best rebounder in NBA history and defensive beast on his team.

Rings matter, but they don't end an argument. Look at the teams james had in cleveland, mo williams was his best teammate. He took scrubs to the finals.
Are you dumb? Russell was a one in a million talent back then. Pippen was good, but other guys(kobe) have had better supporting casts. Nobody can argue that Jordan is the goat right now.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2013, 10:07:55 AM »
Los Angeles , Chicago, New York biggest Cities in America

Kobe was drafted to a shitty Charlotte Team and was traded (for and old ass Vlade Divac) to the Lakers and given the Keys To a Ferrari (Lakers)

Lebron was Drafted and stayed with the shittiest team in the Nba given the keys to a Ford Pinto (cavaliers) and played out his entire contract he signed and the Calvs never tired to improve on the team at all.

Jordan also played for the Wizards , if he was so great wouldnt he have at the very least taken them to the finals  ??? ???

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2013, 10:12:55 AM »
Are you dumb? Russell was a one in a million talent back then. Pippen was good, but other guys(kobe) have had better supporting casts. Nobody can argue that Jordan is the goat right now.

Russell was a great, not better then jordan, what did I say that was dumb? you would take russell over jordan? if not, then there is nothing stupid about my statement.

I would argue that kobe did not have a better cast. Shaq is better then pippen and kobe imo, if I had to select a prime player it would be shaq. However, pippen was very very good and rodman is better then pau, bynum, rice etc. dude was a defensive monster and grabbed more boards in terms of rebounding percentage then anyone in history, save reggie evans that one year in TO.

It's debatable but I would take pippen over anyone not named shaq during kobe's runs and Pau is good but not on par with rodman imo.