Author Topic: Sexual offenders: Why does God let this happen?  (Read 3381 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Sexual offenders: Why does God let this happen?
« on: November 04, 2008, 11:00:27 PM »
It's no secret that the Catholic Church is inundated with multiply accusations involving sexual offenders, but apparently it's not just the Catholic Church you have to worry about. This is what churches should be worrying about and not homosexuality from non church goers.

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20070419/sex-offenders-use-pews-for-healing-hiding.htm

Seventy churches a week report sexual abuse allegations, according to Christian Ministries Resources. Most of the allegations involve members of the congregation and not church staff. About a third of juveniles Sporer has treated attended church before being caught and over 50 percent planned to attend church after leaving treatment.

For those involved in the church and struggling with a secret sexual sin, these "church sex offenders" deal with their sin by increasing religiosity. After each offense, church sex offenders would have intense self-loathing and increase Bible reading, prayer and participation in the church, according to Sporer, speaking from experience. Although more involved in church life and praying for God to take their sin away so they don't go to jail, church sex offenders are prevented from “true repentance and change” by the secrecy of the sin.

Another good reason not to go to church.

This makes sense though. Offenders would find it much easier to do since the house of God is considered safe and that church goers "can't" be offenders since they are there to glorify God.

Homosexuals don't bother church goers, yet are hounded by church goers to change their ways. They should be looking at the people in their own pews first according to this Christian article.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
Re: Sexual offenders: Why does God let this happen?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 05:30:19 AM »
Nothing to say on this loco and MCWAY? These people are the people the religious should worry about, not homosexuals who lead a normal life and just want to have same sex relationships.

Church is a "breeding ground" for these wackos since the religious have this sense that anyone that attends has to be a decent person. Pull the blinders off.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 05:42:21 AM »
Get a job, Oldschool Flip.  You've got way too much time in your hands for an adult. ;D

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 06:14:32 AM »
Get a job, Oldschool Flip.  You've got way too much time in your hands for an adult. ;D
It's like that when you don't have to worry about money, stress, or worshiping a deity.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 06:27:26 AM »
It's like that when you don't have to worry about money, stress, or worshiping a deity.

No, it's like that when you get yourself a sugar mama to support you...not that there is anything wrong with that.    ;D

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 06:41:33 AM »
No, it's like that when you get yourself a sugar mama to support you...not that there is anything wrong with that.    ;D
Oh I didn't tell you that she's 10 years younger than I am and that I supported her while she went through college. Believe me, I'd really miss working and using my skills, but I totally believe that parents shape their children's lives and we're not taking the chance to screw it up. Once my daughter is in full time school, I'm back in the working world.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 06:46:27 AM »

Homosexuals don't bother church goers, yet are hounded by church goers to change their ways. They should be looking at the people in their own pews first according to this Christian article.

I would probably be considered a "church-goer" (not a Catholic one), and I don't hound homosexuals to change their ways.

Church is a "breeding ground" for these wackos since the religious have this sense that anyone that attends has to be a decent person. Pull the blinders off.
In regard to my church (NOT the Roman Catholic church) in general I believe that people that have accepted Christ as Savior do not see anyone as a "decent person" in the total literal sense.

Meanwhile in answer to your question about why does God let Sexual Molestation happen when He could stop it before it happens.....  My answer is I don't know.

R

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 06:53:03 AM »
Oh I didn't tell you that she's 10 years younger than I am and that I supported her while she went through college. Believe me, I'd really miss working and using my skills, but I totally believe that parents shape their children's lives and we're not taking the chance to screw it up. Once my daughter is in full time school, I'm back in the working world.

Good for you!  I'll try to find the time to read and respond to everyone of your many threads and posts, especially the ones like this one, where you directly address it to me...I'll try.   :)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 06:56:13 AM »

I would probably be considered a "church-goer" (not a Catholic one), and I don't hound homosexuals to change their ways.
In regard to my church (NOT the Roman Catholic church) in general I believe that people that have accepted Christ as Savior do not see anyone as a "decent person" in the total literal sense.

Meanwhile in answer to your question about why does God let Sexual Molestation happen when He could stop it before it happens.....  My answer is I don't know.

What is your opinion of homosexuals?
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 06:58:22 AM »

Another good reason not to go to church.

Are you saying the only place there are pedos running around are in churches?

This makes sense though. Offenders would find it much easier to do since the house of God is considered safe and that church goers "can't" be offenders since they are there to glorify God.

How is it considered safe?  Police have the power to enter a church and arrest people.

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 07:00:54 AM »
What is your opinion of homosexuals?
You mean in general or what?  They are people.

All of my gay friends and aquaintances I love.
R

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 11:20:05 AM »

Not everyone Christian will bother with it STella since some don't associate with homosexuals at all.

But at the same time people in church don't feel threatened by those attending either, unlike if they were in a high crime area of town where they would HAVE to be more alert.

It's not a mystery to me, however I'm sure MCWAY and loco have the answer.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 10:12:34 PM »
Typical Christian answer: God lets it happen because Adam and Eve ate from a tree thousands of years ago.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 01:06:33 PM »
Are you saying the only place there are pedos running around are in churches?
No but it's one of the main places.

How is it considered safe?  Police have the power to enter a church and arrest people.
Once they have evidence, but for years people of the Catholic faith that were molested didn't come out till recently.