Author Topic: US Military Murder Of Reuters Journalists And Iraqis  (Read 3858 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
US Military Murder Of Reuters Journalists And Iraqis
« on: April 06, 2010, 10:45:32 AM »
Shameful is too weak of a term to use in this display of SAVAGERY against people who have done nothing...and sadly this resulted in the death of american journalist

C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: US Military Murder Of Reuters Journalists And Iraqis
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 10:49:43 AM »
Samson - is that you in the vid?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 10:57:41 AM »

No..not me 3, but some guy named T West who has been battling the Zionist, the american government and trying to wake the people up from their "sleep" on what is happening in america on all levels. I do like his videos...really knowledgeable guy
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 10:58:35 AM »
I have to say, Celente has been beating this drum for months about the blowback from shit like this. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 03:18:26 PM »
Go team!

Love seeing the terrorists strut up, then run like rats...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 07:43:56 PM »

LOL - I thought the exact same thing the first time I saw an AfriSynergy video, and everytime I see an AfriSynergy video, but somehow I never got around to sending the PM asking him if he was that guy.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 07:46:17 PM »
Military can't find its copy of Iraq killing video

By PAULINE JELINEK and ANNE FLAHERTY,
Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 50 mins ago

WASHINGTON – The U.S. military said Tuesday it can't find its copy of a video that shows two employees of the Reuters news agency being killed by Army helicopters in 2007, after a leaked version circulated the Internet and renewed questions about the attack.

Capt. Jack Hanzlik, a spokesman for U.S. Central Command, said that the military has not been able to locate the video within its files after being asked to authenticate the version available online.

"We had no reason to hold the video at (Central Command), nor did the higher headquarters in Iraq," Hanzlik said in an e-mailed statement. "We're attempting to retrieve the video from the unit who did the investigation."

It's the latest twist in a three-year saga that raises questions about the rules of engagement in battle and the safety of journalists sent to cover wars.

Advocates for increased government transparency also have questioned why the military withheld the video from the public, even though Reuters requested a copy through the Freedom of Information Act after watching it in an off-the-record meeting with the military in 2007.

The video includes audio of troops calling to "light 'em up!" and referring to the men as "dead bastards." An internal investigation concluded that the troops had acted appropriately, despite having mistaken the camera equipment for weapons.

"Clearly, it is unflattering to the military, but that is not justification for withholding it," said Steven Aftergood, an expert on government secrecy with the Federation of American Scientists.

The July 12, 2007, attack has been reported before. But Web site Wikileaks.org on Monday posted the video shot from one of the Apache helicopters, putting it on "collateralmurder.com" site.

Military officials said they believed the video was authentic, but that they had to compare the images and audio with their own video before confirming it publicly.

When pressed Tuesday on why the military had not released the video when other documents related to the investigation were made public, officials said they were still looking for it and weren't entirely sure where it was.

The video was taken by the tactical unit that operated the helicopters. The unit has only been identified as a "1st Air Cavalry Brigade," which reported to the Multinational Division in Baghdad.

w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 07:53:46 PM »
hey, the BBC claimed it lost all copies (including backup and offsite copies) of all its video from sept 11th. 

These things happen.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 08:00:40 PM »
hey, the BBC claimed it lost all copies (including backup and offsite copies) of all its video from sept 11th. 

These things happen.

;D
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 09:38:58 AM »
Gimme a fucking break......it was 2007. These people were in violation of a friggen curfew and a member of the group engaged a Brad with AK fire...they lit them the fuck up....thats what we do, we kill people. Mistakes, if this was one, happen. I think its great they "lost' the gun camera video. If we have it, we'll put it out.
L

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 09:45:07 AM »
The libs on here think a stern talking to would have been a better course of action hh6.

Couldn't they have just reasoned with the terrorists instead?!?  :)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 09:47:50 AM »
LOL - I thought the exact same thing the first time I saw an AfriSynergy video, and everytime I see an AfriSynergy video, but somehow I never got around to sending the PM asking him if he was that guy.

Gee...why would you guys think that is me? He is much older than I and if I did any videos SAMSON would be the name I would use...not TWEST
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 09:48:48 AM »

These things happen.

Riiiigggghhhhtttt!!!!
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 09:54:08 AM »
Gimme a fucking break......it was 2007. These people were in violation of a friggen curfew and a member of the group engaged a Brad with AK fire...they lit them the fuck up....thats what we do, we kill people. Mistakes, if this was one, happen. I think its great they "lost' the gun camera video. If we have it, we'll put it out.

Yes please...someone please BREAK HH6s back and let him live as a quadriplegic so he can learn first hand his own uselessness and learn what his american government really thinks of him. I say give him a big tablespoon of Obama care, but then again as a QUAD he has a pre-existing condition...therefore no help is available to him. Sorry guess you can be the burden on your family for care.
C

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 09:58:12 AM »
Yes please...someone please BREAK HH6s back and let him live as a quadriplegic so he can learn first hand his own uselessness and learn what his american government really thinks of him. I say give him a big tablespoon of Obama care, but then again as a QUAD he has a pre-existing condition...therefore no help is available to him. Sorry guess you can be the burden on your family for care.

Wow. Wishing paralysis on someone you don't even know.

Pretty sick if you ask me. :-\

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 10:10:46 AM »

These things happen.
so we need to add the BBC to the list of ppl/groups either responsible for 9/11 or the cover up of 9/11...

please give a list so we know who we can trust  ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 10:14:05 AM »
tony, you can make whatever assumptions you want.

The head of the BBC called it a 'cock up' that they lost all video backups of 911.  The most important media day in history.  Why?

Well, the day before, video footage had broken of a BBC reporter talking about how the SOlomon building (WTC7) had fallen.  Unfortunately, it was clearly standing in the background, and didn't fall for another hour.

It looked to some that she was reading a script and they hadn't "pulled" WTc7 yet.  Whatever the case (let's not make this a 911 CT thread), she reported on a event that had not yet happened, and which would be HIGHLY unusual that a building could collapse from fire. 

When asked for their footage of 911, the BBC claims they have lost it.  All of it.  Do you believe this, Tony? 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 10:21:04 AM »
You know whats funny.If ANYONE on here that is a conservative says "you people" or  any other thing that is percieved as racial,Jag is the first to call them out.Here Samson says "battling the zionist" and Jag is dead silent.I guess Jews dont count in her special protection of minorities.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 10:43:31 AM »
Military Raises Questions About Credibility of Leaked Iraq Shooting Video
By Justin Fishel

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- WikiLeaks, the self-proclaimed "whistle-blowing" investigative Web site, released a classified military video Monday that it says shows the "indiscriminate slaying" of innocent Iraqis. Two days later, questions linger about just how much of the story WikiLeaks decided to tell.

At a press conference in Washington, D.C., WikiLeaks accused U.S. soldiers of killing 25 civilians, including two Reuters journalists, during a July 12, 2007, attack in New Baghdad. The Web site titled the video "Collateral Murder," and said the killings represented "another day at the office" for the U.S. Army.

The military has always maintained the attacks near Baghdad were justified, saying investigations conducted after the incident showed 11 people were killed during a "continuation of hostile activity." The military also admits two misidentified Reuters cameramen were among the dead.

WikiLeaks said on Monday the video taken from an Army helicopter shows the men were walking through a courtyard and did nothing to provoke the attack. Their representatives said when the military mistook cameras for weapons, U.S. personnel killed everyone in sight and have attempted to cover up the murders ever since.

The problem, according to many who have viewed the video, is that WikiLeaks appears to have done selective editing that tells only half the story. For instance, the Web site takes special care to slow down the video and identify the two photographers and the cameras they are carrying.

However, the Web site does not slow down the video to show that at least one man in that group was carrying a rocket-propelled grenade launcher, a clearly visible weapon that runs nearly two-thirds the length of his body.

WikiLeaks also does not point out that at least one man was carrying an AK-47 assault rifle. He is seen swinging the weapon below his waist while standing next to the man holding the RPG.

"It gives you a limited perspective," said Capt. Jack Hanzlik, a spokesman for U.S. Central Command. "The video only tells you a portion of the activity that was happening that day. Just from watching that video, people cannot understand the complex battles that occurred. You are seeing only a very narrow picture of the events."

Hanzlik said images gathered during a military investigation of the incident show multiple weapons around the dead bodies in the courtyard, including at least three RPGs.

"Our forces were engaged in combat all that day with individuals that fit the description of the men in that video. Their age, their weapons, and the fact that they were within the distance of the forces that had been engaged made it apparent these guys were potentially a threat," Hanzlik said.

Military officials have also pointed out that the men in the video are the only people visible on those streets. That indicated something was going on and that these individuals still felt they could walk freely, one official told Fox News.

Julian Assange, a WikiLeaks editor, acknowledged to Fox News in an interview Tuesday evening that "it's likely some of the individuals seen in the video were carrying weapons."

Assange said his suspicions about the weapons were so strong that a draft version of the video they produced made specific reference to the AK-47s and RPGs. Ultimately, Assange said, WikiLeaks became "unsure" about the weapons. He claimed the RPG could have been a camera tripod, so editors decided not to point it out.

"Based upon visual evidence I suspect there probably were AKs and an RPG, but I'm not sure that means anything," Assange said. Nearly every Iraqi household has a rifle or an AK. Those guys could have just been protecting their area."

The military has said Army units on the ground were experiencing RPG fire before calling in close air support. And although it could be argued AK-47 rifles are common household items, RPGs are not.

Assange said video evidence of the cameras was much clearer than it was of the weapons and that military statements about the presence of weapons had already been widely distributed. But critics say those watching the video online or on television for the first time may not have had any knowledge of those statements.

"It's ludicrous to allege that we have taken anything out of context in this video," Assange told Fox News.

Another point of contention comes later in the video when U.S. Apache helicopters open fire on two men in a van who had arrived at the courtyard to carry away one of the wounded. It was later learned that the wounded man was one of the photographers. WikiLeaks argues that attack violated the Army's rules of engagement. However, the military says that because the van had no visible markings to suggest it was an ambulance or a protected vehicle, it was fair game under Army rules.

According to Assange the assault on the van was the most damning piece of video evidence. "I'm very skeptical that was done under the rules of engagement; and if it was legal, the rules of engagement must be changed," Assange said.

So far the rules of engagement in Iraq have not changed.

Hanzlik called the death of the Reuters photographers "incredibly unfortunate." That sad part is, he said, they weren't wearing any markings or jerseys that would have signaled to U.S. forces they were members of the media.

WikiLeaks has another classified military video in their possession they plan to release in about a month. This time, Assange said, the public will see what happened during the controversial May 2009 NATO airstrike in Farah province, where Afghan officials say at least 150 civilians were killed.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 10:45:44 AM »
Stupidest comment ever:

"Based upon visual evidence I suspect there probably were AKs and an RPG, but I'm not sure that means anything," Assange said. Nearly every Iraqi household has a rifle or an AK. Those guys could have just been protecting their area."

Completely deflect attention from the fact that these people had RPGs.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 11:05:15 AM »
I'm sure once the military finds this tape, they can release the version that hasn't been slowed down.

Oh yeah.  They lost it.  After making copies to allow Reuters to view it 2 weeks after the incident.  After lawsuits began for it.  So weird they lose something after it's such a big deal, and copies were made for viewing. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 02:50:42 PM »
tony, you can make whatever assumptions you want.

The head of the BBC called it a 'cock up' that they lost all video backups of 911.  The most important media day in history.  Why?

Well, the day before, video footage had broken of a BBC reporter talking about how the SOlomon building (WTC7) had fallen.  Unfortunately, it was clearly standing in the background, and didn't fall for another hour.

It looked to some that she was reading a script and they hadn't "pulled" WTc7 yet.  Whatever the case (let's not make this a 911 CT thread), she reported on a event that had not yet happened, and which would be HIGHLY unusual that a building could collapse from fire. 

When asked for their footage of 911, the BBC claims they have lost it.  All of it.  Do you believe this, Tony? 

Uh, you're the one who brought up 9/11 ct.  Of course, then you like to cry like a bitch when called out claiming you don't want to argue the issue.

So, please do tell...do you have even a single shread of evidence to indicate the BBC is lying?  Anything?  Anything at all?

Or is this just another dumbass, "hey that looks like a box on that plane...what could that box be?"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 02:54:53 PM »
nope.  in this era of off-site data backups, it's perfectly reasonable to believe that a network accidentally loses all of its footage from the most important day in television history.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 03:26:48 PM »
nope.  in this era of off-site data backups, it's perfectly reasonable to believe that a network accidentally loses all of its footage from the most important day in television history.

So just to clarify, to my knowledge the BBC has never said the footage even made it to the back-up stage.  Do you even know the BBC's back-up policy?  Do you know what it was on 9/11?  Do you know what back-up measures they would have used?  Do you know what 3rd party companies may have been involved?  Do you how the data is transmitted to back-up?  Is the back-up digital or tape?

Human error is perfectly reasonable.

Some guy sitting in Florida who wasn't a part of any process whatsoever, doesn't have all the facts, isn't in the know, and claims conspiracy just because he can't figure out what happened - now that's unreasonable.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 03:39:03 PM »
hey skip, it's cool if you buy their story.  I do not. 

I don't think they lost all copies.  I think they didn't want to explain why they were able to report on future events.  That's just my opinion, and you're entitled to yours. 

One of the world's largest media entities 'loses' all video from the most important day in history, and we only find out after it's shown they knew of a building completely collapsing from fire (for the 3rd time in history) an hour before it happened.

We're just debating here... but if you had to bet $5 either way, which way would you go?  Do you think they honestly lost the footage?  yes or no?