Author Topic: 1ST ANNUAL MD CYBER BODYBUILDING CLASSIC  (Read 35270 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Re: 1ST ANNUAL MD CYBER BODYBUILDING CLASSIC
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2006, 10:44:34 AM »
So Adonis, do you represent the element of "delusionality" in the Mr. Getbig, or do you represent whatever other aspect you're alluding to existing?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2006, 10:48:33 AM »
So Adonis, do you represent the element of "delusionality" in the Mr. Getbig, or do you represent whatever other aspect you're alluding to existing?

The "art" is open to interpretation.   The bodybuilding audience decides those aspects.  That is the beauty of it and that is what is left out and is looking like it is being left out here.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2006, 10:57:24 AM »
The "art" is open to interpretation.   The bodybuilding audience decides those aspects.  That is the beauty of it and that is what is left out and is looking like it is being left out here.

OK, so the threads on Getbig that get the most views on Getbig are those in the name of the appreciation of art?  I see where you're going with this...Andy Kaufman, for example, was, in the end, seen as a unique sort of "performance artist" as well.  And his art I can certainly appreciate...he is indeed posthumously highly-regarded for such by the general public.  Is this what you are intending to have us appreciate you for?  Does Vince Goodrum qualify as another noteworthy Getbig "performance artist?"  I guess the question is, do you really think his "jokes" to be originally meant as such?  They say that for something to be applauded as a great comedy, it must be originally conceived as such.  You know, the old, "laughing at you/laughing with you" thing. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2006, 11:05:56 AM »
OK, so the threads on Getbig that get the most views on Getbig are those in the name of the appreciation of art?  I see where you're going with this...Andy Kaufman, for example, was, in the end, seen as a unique sort of "performance artist" as well.  And his art I can certainly appreciate...he is indeed posthumously highly-regarded as such by the general public.  Is this what you are intending to have us appreciate you for?  Does Vince Goodrum qualify as another noteworthy Getbig "performance artist?"  I guess the question is, do you really think his "jokes" to be originally meant as such?  They say that for something to be applauded as a great comedy, it must be originally conceived as such.  You know, the old, "laughing at you/laughing with you" thing.     

If that is your interpretation of the art, then it is valid.  Just like my opinion of Vince is that he is dead serious. Whatever springs around Vince or myself, is truly up to the audience.  However they see us, is simply based on their own conclusion. And there are MANY conclusions and hypothesis. All are valid as anyone is open to their own interpretation of whatever is presented.

There are no jokes or gimmicks.  We are merely the canvas the art is applied upon.  I know I am sounding overly metaphorical, but the simple truth is,

People would rather see if Mr. Goodrum can pull it together one day, much rather than can Jay Cutler win a second Sandow.

dav-bol

• Getbig II
  • Sexbomb
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2006, 11:10:40 AM »
When you think about it, Adonis, I'd say that people's seeing your physique now, on no drugs, would actually do more to promote drug use than Palumbo's.  I mean, if that's you on no drugs, and people got it in their head that you could look like you PLUS 10-15 POUNDS OF QUALITY MUSCLE BY THIS TIME NEXT YEAR by doing maybe 2 cycles over the next year of, let's say, 200-400 mg's of deca a week, coupled with maybe 2 cc's of winstrol a week (if you really wanted to go ALL OUT, ha ha)...WHO IN THEIR RIGHT FUCKING MIND WOULDN'T DROP the less than $800-1000 bucks over the course of the next year to do it?  Jeez.  It's already well documented and accepted, even by most of the hardcore naturals on here, that that sort of drug use is NOT gonna f**k you up.  You wouldn't look like you've been in a concentration camp at that point, you'd look like you belonged on the cover of Men's Fitness magazine.  I'm still racking my brain as to why you think you'd be any less of a man for having done this, but you obviously are convinced that you would be.  If you don't think you'd be getting paid and laid more at that point you're crazy.  Men get paid and laid.  Others sit around and bitch and moan about those who do. 

Again, I'm not advocating a kit a fucking week of GH and an amp (or 2 or 3) of sustanon a day, I'm suggesting something that's simply a shorter distance from point A to point B.  It's efficiency.  It's not insanity, it's getting what you want out of life with the least resistance required.  If you roll a rock up a hill for a living, and there's a fucking mechanical elevator sitting right beside the uneven dirt path you push it up manually every day, do you really think that people are respecting the fact that you "did it the hard way?"  Even if they did, how many times do you think the world owes you appreciation for doing something that serves no practical function whatsoever?  And if we've seen the rock on top of the hill one time, how much more interested are we gonna be to see the rock on the hill the next time you do it if it's 2 pebbles heavier?     

Oh man McFarland is having a field day.
Smacking around Adonis like an African Savannah Lion playing with a mouse.
Jeff, stop it, it's too easy for you.

hah hhaaaaaaa LMAO
McFarland always delivers

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2006, 11:12:38 AM »
OK, let's take your gravity suit for example.  Is this a joke, just to get us riled up, or do you really think you're going to develop a gravity suit that will enable naturals to look like they do juice (and in a more efficient manner, I might add.)  And I say "look like they do juice" because I'm assuming that to prove that it really works you'll need to both show us at least a somewhat significantly-improved physique over the one you just unveiled to us, and perhaps show that you worked out somewhat significantly less than you did before.  Is this a joke on us?  Just to see if you can actually make us believe that you have the ability to produce a viable product such as this?  Afterwards, when you don't follow through with this, will you claim it was all a big joke?  Will our trust in your abilities be turned against us and we be made to feel foolish?  Because seriously, I think you've got some element of mad genius in you somewhere and I'm really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here.          

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2006, 11:13:05 AM »

hah hhaaaaaaa LMAO

But is he?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2006, 11:18:30 AM »
OK, let's take your gravity suit for example.  Is this a joke, just to get us riled up, or do you really think you're going to develop a gravity suit that will enable naturals to look like they do juice (and in a more efficient manner, I might add.)  And I say "look like they do juice" because I'm assuming that to prove that it really works you'll need to both show us at least a somewhat significantly-improved physique over the one you just unveiled to us, and perhaps show that you worked out somewhat significantly less than you did before.  Is this a joke on us?  Just to see if you can actually make us believe that you have the ability to produce a viable product such as this?  Afterwards, when you don't follow through with this, will you claim it was all a big joke?  Will our trust in your abilities be turned against us and we be made to feel foolish?  Because seriously, I think you've got some element of mad genius in you somewhere and I'm really trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here.          

Not at all my friend. NASA is JUST NOW working on this!  I had no idea that they were, however my ideas are a bit different.  I already have duplicated the effect with gym equipment and it IS possible with a suit.  More on that later.
Here is an article regarding NASA`s research into creating artifical constant gravity to help muscle mass,strength.

Space Cycle tests artificial gravity as solution to muscle loss

A bike-like centrifuge that creates artificial gravity may help astronauts combat muscle atrophy in space.  Through a study at the University of California, Irvine, the National Space Biomedical Research Institute (NSBRI) is exploring the concept of a Space Cycle for inflight resistance-training exercise.

"Even with onboard exercise, astronauts face the risk of losing muscle mass and function because their muscles are not bearing enough weight, or load," said Dr. Vincent J. Caiozzo, investigator on NSBRI's Muscle Alterations and Atrophy Team.  "For exploration, it is important to find ways to increase load-bearing activity so astronauts can maintain strength." 

Caiozzo's team is researching whether squats executed under artificial gravity conditions greater than or equal to Earth gravity (1g) produce the same kind of muscle responses that occur when a person performs weight training on Earth.

With long-term initiatives like the International Space Station and the proposed lunar and Mars missions, the rate of muscle loss in some areas might rise to 25 percent unless measures are taken to confront atrophy.  The loss of muscle strength during an extended mission could pose dramatic problems in the event of an emergency situation upon landing.

The Space Cycle, a human-powered centrifuge under testing in Caiozzo's lab, generates various levels of artificial gravity ranging from Earth gravity to five times Earth's gravity.  The speed of rotation determines the level of gravitational force. 

Participants ride opposite one another – one on a bike and one on a platform.  As one person pedals, the cycle moves in a circular motion around a centralized pole.  The motion generates pressure on the rider, forcing him against the seat in a manner similar to the effect of gravity on Earth.  On the platform, the other person performs squat exercises.  Instruments on the device report the separate work rates of the participants.

Caiozzo's team is determining the Space Cycle's effectiveness by comparing the participants' pre- and post-study muscle mass and strength, muscle fiber cross-sections from biopsies, and various cellular and molecular markers of growth.

"The novelty of artificial gravity resistance training is that each element of the body is loaded proportionally.  Leg muscles can be made to work against high loads without the need for external weights, which is important in light of the limited mass and space available on missions," said Caiozzo, professor in the Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery, Physiology and Biophysics at UC Irvine.

In collaboration with Caiozzo, UC Irvine researchers Dr. Joyce Keyak and Dr. Jim Hicks are gathering data from the participants to determine whether the Space Cycle is also effective in maintaining bone mass and cardiovascular fitness.   

"Space Cycle is an artificial gravity exercise gym," Caiozzo said.  "The platform can be fitted with a treadmill, bike or any kind of exercise equipment and provides an environment for exercise under normal, Earth-like loading conditions."

NSBRI, funded by NASA, is a consortium of institutions studying the health risks related to long-duration space flight.  The Institute's research and education projects take place at more than 70 institutions across the United States.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2006, 11:25:32 AM »
Well why would you wanna hold a contest that had both "natural," and "non-natural" categories in the same fucking place?  It's a slap in the face to both groups.  The naturals, at some point, are going to be made to look silly when they are compared to the people in the juiced section.  The majority of them will look like they never even worked out unless they are in their mid-thirties, having not missed a workout or drank a beer since their high school graduation party.  I mean, even if you didn't have the "enhanced" competitors onstage at the same time as the naturals, the comparisons are still going to be made all over the place with online posting of the pictures, etc.  Now, consider how the juiced up competitors are made to feel.  Their moms and shit are in the audience, and they have to explain to everyone that, "no, mom...that division is for the people that DON'T use drugs.  We all use drugs in the category that I am competing in."  So if your mom isn't embarassed that you look like you've been held against your will by terrorists for a number of months with nothing but a 1/2 cup of left over egg white stew fed to you one time a day over the course of your stay, then she is embarassed that you are in the process of wrecking your internal organs with your police apprehension imminent.  You think anybody wants to go through all that shit?  It's a lose/lose situation for everyone involved.  For a board that takes such pride in "keeping it real," you guys sure do rely on some CLASSICALLY bullshit premises to keep your mediocrity disguised...  

Uh, Jeff.......I'm pro steroid. (used responsibly)   I was just trying to point out to the person that said that, how ridiculous it is to have a natural category in MD which is obviously pro steroid as well.  Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, and you didn't take me seriously.

TA, you need some valium.

irejistirred4deena

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2006, 11:28:14 AM »
But is he?

The real question is - If a bear shit in the woods...

Would that steamy pile of nonsense win second place ;D

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2006, 11:28:41 AM »

hah hhaaaaaaa LMAO

I'm really not trying to turn it into that.  I like Adam and I've backed him in alot of his over-the-top campaigns here.  But this is genuinely me trying to help myself and everyone else here make sense of the underlying issues that fuel 99% of the discussion on this and every other bodybuilding board out there.  I see alot of confused and really disturbed people posting the loudest on these boards and honestly if we could all see things for what they are we'd ALL be alot better off.  I can't help but see how we could all get more out of life.  

There's been alot of disdain for the "gurus" in the sport, for the supplement companies that sell us stuff we really don't need, etc.  And Adonis has done alot to discredit alot of these things and the boards have MOST DEFINITELY changed the landscape of bodybuilding and it's participant's mass perception of it.  What you've gotta understand is that anyone that gets anywhere with any new platform off of which to persuade people to purchase their product, adhere to their training advice, etc., have ALL been based on tried and true techniques that WILL get you closer to your end physique goals...even if it IS in a round-about way.  Adonis is attempting now to become his own sort of guru...but when his gravity suit is figured out by some up-and-coming "nobody on a message board" to be just a very creatively packaged application of the age-old, tried and true principles of ancient bodybuilding, we'll see in retrospect that the cycle has again come full circle.  I want us all to see how these "gurus" rise to power, and how, really, they aren't to blame here, but we should rather THANK them for giving a fresh new perspective and HOPE that more is possible, even when it kind of isn't.  But physique modification still somehow paradoxically continues to advance, so how do we explain this?  You really can't in definitive terms, it's simply THE PROCESS, THE JOURNEY that is navigated, complete with all it's lies, pitfalls, etc.  Don't hate, appreciate.  

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2006, 11:34:16 AM »
Uh, Jeff.......I'm pro steroid. (used responsibly)   I was just trying to point out to the person that said that, how ridiculous it is to have a natural category in MD which is obviously pro steroid as well.  Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, and you didn't take me seriously.

TA, you need some valium.

I didn't even take note of who'd posted what I was replying to there, I really just wanted to take the opportunity to attempt to explain why the natural/non-natural stuff probably shouldn't be highlighted by their distinct categorization in an online contest.  This is why you don't see it happen in real world competitions.  I didn't like seeing Bast have to bow out of the Mr. Getbig because of his "prohormone abuse."  ha ha ha  That contest really got a fire lit under his ass and I liked seeing that.  I agree with Adonis in that the online contest thing is a really viable concept with alot of potential.  1)  It's not as "gay," and 2) it's alot "safer" for most that don't carry 210 ripped pounds on a 5'8" frame in contest condition by today's highly-evolved trolling standards.   ;D        

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2006, 11:38:20 AM »
Not at all my friend. NASA is JUST NOW working on this!  I had no idea that they were, however my ideas are a bit different.  I already have duplicated the effect with gym equipment and it IS possible with a suit.  More on that later.
Here is an article regarding NASA`s research into creating artifical constant gravity to help muscle mass,strength.

Space Cycle tests artificial gravity as solution to muscle loss

A bike-like centrifuge that creates artificial gravity may help astronauts combat muscle atrophy in space.  Through a study at the University of California, Irvine, the National Space Biomedical Research Institute (NSBRI) is exploring the concept of a Space Cycle for inflight resistance-training exercise.

"Even with onboard exercise, astronauts face the risk of losing muscle mass and function because their muscles are not bearing enough weight, or load," said Dr. Vincent J. Caiozzo, investigator on NSBRI's Muscle Alterations and Atrophy Team.  "For exploration, it is important to find ways to increase load-bearing activity so astronauts can maintain strength." 

Caiozzo's team is researching whether squats executed under artificial gravity conditions greater than or equal to Earth gravity (1g) produce the same kind of muscle responses that occur when a person performs weight training on Earth.

With long-term initiatives like the International Space Station and the proposed lunar and Mars missions, the rate of muscle loss in some areas might rise to 25 percent unless measures are taken to confront atrophy.  The loss of muscle strength during an extended mission could pose dramatic problems in the event of an emergency situation upon landing.

The Space Cycle, a human-powered centrifuge under testing in Caiozzo's lab, generates various levels of artificial gravity ranging from Earth gravity to five times Earth's gravity.  The speed of rotation determines the level of gravitational force. 

Participants ride opposite one another – one on a bike and one on a platform.  As one person pedals, the cycle moves in a circular motion around a centralized pole.  The motion generates pressure on the rider, forcing him against the seat in a manner similar to the effect of gravity on Earth.  On the platform, the other person performs squat exercises.  Instruments on the device report the separate work rates of the participants.

Caiozzo's team is determining the Space Cycle's effectiveness by comparing the participants' pre- and post-study muscle mass and strength, muscle fiber cross-sections from biopsies, and various cellular and molecular markers of growth.

"The novelty of artificial gravity resistance training is that each element of the body is loaded proportionally.  Leg muscles can be made to work against high loads without the need for external weights, which is important in light of the limited mass and space available on missions," said Caiozzo, professor in the Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery, Physiology and Biophysics at UC Irvine.

In collaboration with Caiozzo, UC Irvine researchers Dr. Joyce Keyak and Dr. Jim Hicks are gathering data from the participants to determine whether the Space Cycle is also effective in maintaining bone mass and cardiovascular fitness.   

"Space Cycle is an artificial gravity exercise gym," Caiozzo said.  "The platform can be fitted with a treadmill, bike or any kind of exercise equipment and provides an environment for exercise under normal, Earth-like loading conditions."

NSBRI, funded by NASA, is a consortium of institutions studying the health risks related to long-duration space flight.  The Institute's research and education projects take place at more than 70 institutions across the United States.

OK, well I just want us to look at the big picture here.  If NASA's already onto it with billions of dollars of government funding behind it, I think you'd be best served by just waiting on what they come up with before you go any further in your research, all presumably in the name of figuring out whether or not we're gonna need to shoot deca in the future. 

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2006, 11:41:12 AM »
The real question is - If a bear shit in the woods...

Would that steamy pile of nonsense win second place ;D

Now THAT..........is comedy at it's finest. Nice delivery sir!!! :D

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2006, 11:42:12 AM »
OK, well I just want us to look at the big picture here.  If NASA's already onto it with billions of dollars of government funding behind it, I think you'd be best served by just waiting on what they come up with before you go any further in your research, all presumably in the name of figuring out whether or not we're gonna need to shoot deca in the future. 

We won't need to shoot Deca because we will have honest to goodness myostatin inhibitors courtesy of our friends at Wyeth.

Also Hypergravity would work best with a powerful magnet beneath the floor (with one with opposite polarity above to ensure a consistent field strength) and a metalic suit.  Who know what it would take3 to implement but I think it would work well.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2006, 11:43:20 AM »
I didn't even take note of who'd posted what I was replying to there, I was really just trying to explain why the natural/non-natural stuff probably shouldn't be highlighted by their distinct categorization in an online contest.  This is why you don't see it happen in real world competitions.  I didn't like seeing Bast have to bow out of the Mr. Getbig because of his "prohormone abuse."  ha ha ha  That contest really got a fire lit under his ass and I liked seeing that.   

Bast didn`t bow out. He took third.

Also, my methods are not like anything out there.  If they were, people would have used it, and it would be THE BEST approach touted in magazines and wherever you turn.

In time my friend. In time....

There is more to this than you will ever know..... Even regarding my gravity suit.....

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2006, 11:47:42 AM »
We won't need to shoot Deca because we will have honest to goodness myostatin inhibitors courtesy of our friends at Wyeth.

Also Hypergravity would work best with a powerful magnet beneath the floor (with one with opposite polarity above to ensure a consistent field strength) and a metalic suit.  Who know what it would take3 to implement but I think it would work well.
Indeed!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2006, 11:53:09 AM »

Also, my methods are not like anything out there.  If they were, people would have used it, and it would be THE BEST approach touted in magazines and wherever you turn.

There is more to this than you will ever know..... Even regarding my gravity suit.....

OK, well you sure spend alot of time on here assuring us all of these things...hey man, like I said, fuck posting on Getbig and get back to the lab!  World dominance is close at hand!  Good luck, dude...I hope you do well.  All of mankind will surely benefit to an extent that would surely override any resentment I'd harbor that "you were right when I doubted you."  Don't tell NASA, either.  They'll no doubt steal all your ideas like MD is apparently doing now.

Adam you fail to realize that I have been where you are now and your life is about to suck real bad for longer than you thought it would if you don't learn from my past mistakes.  It's very frustrating to see someone repeat the cycle but I guess such is life.  People told me the same shit I'm telling you, and that is:  You are NOT better than everyone and sometimes even when you ARE right, that's ALL you can be as a result.  It's the loneliest place on earth, dude.            

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2006, 11:55:45 AM »

Oh, my bad...Bast took third?  Should he be ashamed that he disobeyed the stated rules of the Getbig governing body?  Are we to believe that you wouldn't have been sour grapes had you not placed ahead of him?  Oh, that's different somehow, though, right?   

dav-bol

• Getbig II
  • Sexbomb
« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2006, 11:57:48 AM »
Indeed!

Adonis you make no sense.
Myostatin drugs are OK with you but sauce is cheating?

Seriously, are you against birth control (steroids) as well?
Or is your one-man crusade reserved for drugs that are used in the sport you participate in?
That's a real question.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2006, 12:02:26 PM »

Yeah remember when they put Nicolas Cage in those magnet boots while he was in jail in Face-Off?  I wonder how uniquely much his hip flexors and ankle dorsiflexors hypertrophied under such filming conditions?  Someone should look into that, too.  Adonis, I'm telling you...get to a patent office quick...it's gonna get ugly when it comes time to stake claim to all the riches these cutting-edge ideas are gonna make possible.    

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2006, 12:09:09 PM »
Oh, my bad...Bast took third?  Should he be ashamed that he disobeyed the stated rules of the Getbig governing body?  Are we to believe that you wouldn't have been sour grapes had you not placed ahead of him?  Oh, that's different somehow, though, right?   

He is ashamed.  Ask him. He regrets all Pro-Hormone use.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2006, 12:09:49 PM »
Adonis you make no sense.
Myostatin drugs are OK with you but sauce is cheating?

Seriously, are you against birth control (steroids) as well?
Or is your one-man crusade reserved for drugs that are used in the sport you participate in?
That's a real question.

I was referring to the magnet. lol

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2006, 12:11:35 PM »
Yeah remember when they put Nicolas Cage in those magnet boots while he was in jail in Face-Off?  I wonder how uniquely much his hip flexors and ankle dorsiflexors hypertrophied under such filming conditions?  Someone should look into that, too.  Adonis, I'm telling you...get to a patent office quick...it's gonna get ugly when it comes time to stake claim to all the riches these cutting-edge ideas are gonna make possible.    

You should see what happens in a 2 weeks of Zero -G enviroment and no exercise.  The inverse is true. Physical law.  :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2006, 12:22:23 PM »
Now now Jeff,

We don`t want to go into delusion.  :)

I remember when you were convinced that someones soul could be digitally uploaded on an IPOD.

:)