Author Topic: the dumbest fellas in the bodybuilding cult as of 2011,,  (Read 127006 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: the dumbest fellas in the bodybuilding cult as of 2011,,
« Reply #475 on: September 11, 2011, 08:28:41 PM »
Not melting at all, Donkey. Just backing off W8. btw I wasn't a counsellor but a guidance teacher. Big difference. I do have a major in psychology. Not that this helps much.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #476 on: September 11, 2011, 08:33:35 PM »
Not melting at all, Donkey. Just backing off W8. btw I wasn't a counsellor but a guidance teacher. Big difference. I do have a major in psychology. Not that this helps much.

ahahaah, you're such a fucking joke, still trying to defend yourself.

The internet is nothing for you, old man.

Log off, you're getting your ass raped here all day long.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #477 on: September 11, 2011, 09:22:58 PM »
Come on, DK, you need hapless guys like me to shit on to make yourself feel good. Who are you going to pick on if I log off? What a tool.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #478 on: September 11, 2011, 11:50:09 PM »
Come on, DK, you need hapless guys like me to shit on to make yourself feel good. Who are you going to pick on if I log off? What a tool.

::) ::) ::) ::)

Yes, keep telling to yourself that you are the greatest and all others here are idiots, wonder who needs who to make himself feel better, idiot.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #479 on: September 12, 2011, 04:50:18 AM »

I belong on Getbig because I still train from time to time and will always be a bodybuilder. Can you imagine how much experience I have in life? Nope, the simple minds here don't need my advices because they already know everything. Even gh15 is completely clueless about what is possible re training and the ageing bodybuilder. Factor in that I am scientifically minded and you might discover I have something original to offer. Don't quote limited studies to me because bodybuilders are excluded from most studies in exercise science. Donkeys ass is a typical know it all and feels entitled to belittle someone who has achieved far more than he has or might do in the future. The handles of some of you dickheads speak volumes about you.

From the Science Daily:

"As we grow older, our skeletal muscles tend to wither and weaken, a phenomenon known as sarcopenia. Sarcopenia, which begins to appear at around age 40 and accelerates after 75, is a major cause of disability in the elderly. According to the new study, sarcopenia occurs when calcium leaks from a group of proteins in muscle cells called the ryanodine receptor channel complex. These leaks then trigger a chain of events that ultimately limits the ability of muscle fibers to contract, reports study leader Andrew R. Marks, M.D., chairman and professor of physiology and cellular biophysics, the Clyde and Helen Wu Professor of Medicine, and director of the Wu Center for Molecular Cardiology at Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC)."

Vince, some of the studies refer to what happens to a person, everybody, when they age. That includes everybody, including bodybuilders. As a doctor once told me: we aren't suppose to live forever. We are programmed to eventually die. So no matter what you do eventually you will grow old, weak and die. You dismiss exercise studies implying that you base your claims on your own beliefs and experience. But the fact is you have never, ever proven your DOMS based theory. You have no test subjects to offer and vouch for you. You have never done it on anyone or on yourself though doing so, i.e., matching or surpassing your 1970 condition; would put you in the history books forever. It will be talked about and vastly surpass the Colorado Experiment in both impact and hypertrophy methodology.  

gh15 is about, whether you agree with his methods or not, RESULTS.  Real world results that will work to some degree or another for everybody. This is GetBig and the only place where you don't balonie around and get away with it for very long. This is GetBig and the only place where you can use "balonie" as a verb.  gh15 has proof and has produced real world examples. Many on this board that will testify to his biblical teachings. You have pupil Stavios, pupil Okami, pupil Dustin, pupil LeafyBug, pupil Groink -- all that have been influenced to some extent by the gospel according to gh15. And, yes, despite what you say and insist that everyone thinks they are an expert and know everything and will never change their mind -- even pupil Pellius.

I'm fifty one years old now and this pic was taken about 30 minutes ago. No weeks of prep, no dialing it in, no pumping up, no oil or tanning, no elaborate photo shoot. Just a quick pic in the bathroom mirror and just my everyday walk around condition. Granted, I'm no Benefatto, Robbie Robinson, Labrada, Gaspari or the Texas Shredder -- but I still get compliments from complete strangers and not some nurse who has a vested interest in complimenting and not insulting you.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #480 on: September 12, 2011, 06:16:34 AM »
Ok, this is Getbig so we can discuss training and hypertrophy anywhere! Look, my mate Pellius, my theory has not been refuted. It has been dismissed, rejected and ridiculed but no one has shown that it is false. You are an interesting case re training. Because of your lifestyle you have purposely kept your bodyweight down and you seem to be quite active. Exactly the conditions that will guarantee you very little size gains over the years. You sabotage your training so cannnot get any bigger. So how would you know if my theory is true? Don't cite the studies because I am talking about the closest thing we have to the fountain of youth. It isn't in pills and injections but hypertrophy. For some reason the body allows adaptation re muscle size and strength but will respond only to the proper stimuli. Just any old lifting weights will not trigger much growth. So, what happens when one persistently triggers hypertrophy in his body? Even at an advanced age. Yes, I never considered it but I guess if I could improve on my 1975 condition it would be news. I sure wish I didn't tear my right biceps doing those stupid deadlifts. How silly was that? So it hurts to do biceps work and it sort of puts me off training. I can't do heavy bench presses, either, because of damage to the shoulder girdle muscles decades ago. That is okay I can train around those injuries.
You and I both know that no one else has posted any novel theory about hypertrophy here on Getbig. Not that I know of. What do I get? Derision and scoffing. Well, it is all fun and games here. Just like my calling the lads Flotsam. They can give it but can't collectively take it.
What a pity you endorse gh15. That is something I would never do. He is a menace and has ruined some lives already. Imagine if Luke followed his advices? Well, that is sad anyway you look at it. Heck, the guy could have just made mistakes about dosages and then bam, his health is ruined. That is why I don't mess with hormones, diuretics or other chemicals. I seldom take headache tablets.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #481 on: September 12, 2011, 06:44:14 AM »
Gals like W8 turn my stomach. Why some are nasty and attack the blokes here is something I don't comprehend. She has no vestige of femininity and I find that replusive and vulgar.

If others welcome her and think she is wonderful then that is bizarre. Look at her attack on Booty. wtf is that kind of low-life language? Pure filth that

lowers Getbig further into the cesspool
It's typical of the disgusting, UGLY, gutter-mouth whores like RacistMom that read and post on this board. W8M8 and Racistmom are some sick, nasty old groupies that likely have very loose butt holes from all the bodybuilders that have run through them.
!

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #482 on: September 12, 2011, 06:55:47 AM »
Ok, this is Getbig so we can discuss training and hypertrophy anywhere! Look, my mate Pellius, my theory has not been refuted. It has been dismissed, rejected and ridiculed but no one has shown that it is false.

Problem is, in science you have to prove your theory right, not otherwise. You haven't showed us any proof that your theory is right, not even one single example. On the other hand we have research. What do you mean by research avalaible being not applicable to bodybuilders, like bodybuilders vary so much from the rest? What is the difference then, biologically speaking? Becouse as far as I'm concerned age related hormone issues are more common in bodybuilders due to of their past use of drugs.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #483 on: September 12, 2011, 07:05:56 AM »
Problem is, in science you have to prove your theory right, not otherwise. You haven't showed us any proof that your theory is right, not even one single example. On the other hand we have research. What do you mean by research avalaible being not applicable to bodybuilders, like bodybuilders vary so much from the rest? What is the difference then, biologically speaking? Becouse as far as I'm concerned age related hormone issues are more common in bodybuilders due to of their past use of drugs.
Exactly the point I was going to make. Vince says his theory hasn't been refuted...well, it has yet to be proved, so his thesis is moot. Pretty poor logic for a 'scientifically minded' person, me be thinking.

Oh, and ridiculous shape that pellius is in. On a standard distribution, he would be at the far right of the mean, one of those little dots past the bell curve.  

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #484 on: September 12, 2011, 07:14:08 AM »
His theory, whatever it is, will never be proven. This guy has been in the gym industry
and bodybuilding for many decades yet he admits not one person applied his theories in the gym.
He trained no one, because they didn't want to be trained by him. He's been laughed off all training forums.
These forums have some very intelligent and educated people. At some point you'd think he'd start looking in the mirror at the real problem.

Basile fits well into the silly getbig atmosphere, because he's not the intellectual and scientist he thinks he is. Those guys don't want him.

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #485 on: September 12, 2011, 07:16:29 AM »

w8m8

« Reply #486 on: September 12, 2011, 07:34:39 AM »
His theory, whatever it is, will never be proven. This guy has been in the gym industry
and bodybuilding for many decades yet he admits not one person applied his theories in the gym.

^ this

Ok,my theory has not been refuted. It has been dismissed, rejected and ridiculed but no one has shown that it is false.

Like the Loch Ness monster and Sasquatch

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #487 on: September 12, 2011, 07:54:00 AM »
You people forget that I have a masters degree in the philosophy of science. I came up with an original theory that was bold and that explained why so many were not growing. There is no need to test a theory as long as it is in principle refutable. I posted on HST forum and the owner claimed he couldn't grow any more. What a joke. There were two scientifically minded guys on there but they steadfastly refused to give my theory a go. For example, do HST on one calf and DOMS training on the other. Nope, not interested. It would have been easy to refute what I claim. Look at the experts here. They want me to prove it. Well, I did prove it 13 years ago. Why don't they try it? Well, they don't believe it. That is fair enough because they are bona fide experts like everyone else here. In science it matters not who comes up with an idea but if the idea works and has utility. I claim that rapid muscular gains are not only possible but will happen if the theory is applied consistently and properly. Of course there must be a surplus in calories to allow growth. That's it. Easy as pie. Some of you guys are 25. Well, I have been training and thinking about this stuff for twice that long. That is something you can't easily dismiss. You don't refute a theory by bagging the theorist. You show it can't be true by refuting it. I don't force my theories on people and never my clients. So they use their own brains and get whatever they reap. I tell some of them but what I say is so controversial they literally don't believe me. Am I surprised? Hardly. The false theories people believe in bodybuilding are many. Serious false theories. I am not just a theorist but am experienced in the application of exercise. Who else on this forum has a patent for a new exercise machine? Who has built one? Well, there you are. If you think it is easy then go and do it. I have invented several new machines that exist nowhere else but in my gym.

w8m8

« Reply #488 on: September 12, 2011, 08:05:40 AM »
You people forget that I have a masters degree in the philosophy of science. I came up with an original theory that was bold and that explained why so many were not growing. There is no need to test a theory as long as it is in principle refutable. I posted on HST forum and the owner claimed he couldn't grow any more. What a joke. There were two scientifically minded guys on there but they steadfastly refused to give my theory a go. For example, do HST on one calf and DOMS training on the other. Nope, not interested. It would have been easy to refute what I claim. Look at the experts here. They want me to prove it. Well, I did prove it 13 years ago. Why don't they try it? Well, they don't believe it. That is fair enough because they are bona fide experts like everyone else here. In science it matters not who comes up with an idea but if the idea works and has utility. I claim that rapid muscular gains are not only possible but will happen if the theory is applied consistently and properly. Of course there must be a surplus in calories to allow growth. That's it. Easy as pie. Some of you guys are 25. Well, I have been training and thinking about this stuff for twice that long. That is something you can't easily dismiss. You don't refute a theory by bagging the theorist. You show it can't be true by refuting it. I don't force my theories on people and never my clients. So they use their own brains and get whatever they reap. I tell some of them but what I say is so controversial they literally don't believe me. Am I surprised? Hardly. The false theories people believe in bodybuilding are many. Serious false theories. I am not just a theorist but am experienced in the application of exercise. Who else on this forum has a patent for a new exercise machine? Who has built one? Well, there you are. If you think it is easy then go and do it. I have invented several new machines that exist nowhere else but in my gym.

if you ever had an intention of trying to prove your theory and have it be considered by others as anything more than an opinion .. why have you not given free membership to your gym and have a few "subjects" use your ideas as a plan .. you could have the results documented by health professionals during the "study" for a small fee I'm sure .. and by now it would have been years worth of data you could boast about

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #489 on: September 12, 2011, 08:08:18 AM »

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #490 on: September 12, 2011, 08:12:30 AM »

if you ever had an intention of trying to prove your theory and have it be considered by others as anything more than an opinion .. why have you not given free membership to your gym and have a few "subjects" use your ideas as a plan .. you could have the results documented by health professionals during the "study" for a small fee I'm sure .. and by now it would have been years worth of data you could boast about

My son is an exercise scientist and could do this experiment. He is too busy working at the gym. It is a thought, though. My ex wouldn't allow any freebies, I am afraid. I will demonstrate it through myself. Should be fun. I might finally have the motivation. You know, "I'll show 'em!"

http://www.patentgenius.com/patent/5413546.html

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #491 on: September 12, 2011, 08:59:48 AM »

LOL. Fat Dad eats a bumper. That must have hurt.    ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #492 on: September 12, 2011, 10:51:45 AM »
Ok, this is Getbig so we can discuss training and hypertrophy anywhere! Look, my mate Pellius, my theory has not been refuted. It has been dismissed, rejected and ridiculed but no one has shown that it is false. You are an interesting case re training. Because of your lifestyle you have purposely kept your bodyweight down and you seem to be quite active. Exactly the conditions that will guarantee you very little size gains over the years. You sabotage your training so cannnot get any bigger. So how would you know if my theory is true? Don't cite the studies because I am talking about the closest thing we have to the fountain of youth. It isn't in pills and injections but hypertrophy. For some reason the body allows adaptation re muscle size and strength but will respond only to the proper stimuli. Just any old lifting weights will not trigger much growth. So, what happens when one persistently triggers hypertrophy in his body? Even at an advanced age. Yes, I never considered it but I guess if I could improve on my 1975 condition it would be news. I sure wish I didn't tear my right biceps doing those stupid deadlifts. How silly was that? So it hurts to do biceps work and it sort of puts me off training. I can't do heavy bench presses, either, because of damage to the shoulder girdle muscles decades ago. That is okay I can train around those injuries.
You and I both know that no one else has posted any novel theory about hypertrophy here on Getbig. Not that I know of. What do I get? Derision and scoffing. Well, it is all fun and games here. Just like my calling the lads Flotsam. They can give it but can't collectively take it.
What a pity you endorse gh15. That is something I would never do. He is a menace and has ruined some lives already. Imagine if Luke followed his advices? Well, that is sad anyway you look at it. Heck, the guy could have just made mistakes about dosages and then bam, his health is ruined. That is why I don't mess with hormones, diuretics or other chemicals. I seldom take headache tablets.

Vincent, what kind of scientific logic is that? You make a claim and proclaim it to be true unless someone can refute it. Mathematician and Philosopher, Bertrand Russell once quipped "If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense."

The burden of proof is on you, my friend. And I had already mentioned how last year, after breaking a rib (again) and knowing I'd be off the mats for a while that I decided to do one last desperate "bulking cycle." I ate six meals a day, cut back drastically on all other activities, modified my training to be more bodybuilding orientated (instead of the circuit/no rest type training I slowed it down focusing on progression and just trying to move more weight). It took a good five months and I got up to 208 lbs but I simply got fatter and felt terrible. The constant forced feeding was intolerable. To get in six meals a day (two of them shakes) requires eating about every three hours. That is extremely difficult when you have a normal job and other responsibilities. It is no way to live. Now I know why bodybuilders are so lazy. All you really have time for is to train, eat and sleep. Oh, and lets not forget that by eating so much you become a crapping machine.  

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #493 on: September 12, 2011, 11:00:52 AM »
Another issue I wanted to address is your DOMS based theory. I am virtually sore every single time, and have been for decades, after training chest, back and quads. Not so much the other groups except maybe traps and that's only when I do a movement that directly effects them. I don't grow. Of course, you suggest that you have to be sore all the time. ALL the time. I'm not sure exactly how many times during the course of a week you are to train each body part to keep it sore -- you've even suggested training 8 hours a day -- but I don't want to find out. Who wants to live like that? After training legs last Thursday I was, as always, pretty miserable the next day. Doing everyday things like sitting down and getting up, walking up the stairs is just very uncomfortable. If I am not careful I get these debilitating cramps in my hamstrings. Mostly the left one. Friday was especially bad because I got them several times in both legs. Only by Sunday I start to feel better. By your theory, as I understand it, I should have been back on the squat rack on Saturday. Again, who wants to live like that? Resistance training should enhance the quality of your life not make you miserable.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #494 on: September 12, 2011, 11:20:37 AM »
Sorry to keep pounding on you my Aussie friend but you speak about hypertrophy training as the closes thing we have to the fountain of youth. Well, that's never been proven. But there is something that has. And that's HGH. In February of this year I started administering 2.5ius of the Red Tops solely based on gh15's recommendation. I bumped it up to 3ius a few months ago because for some reason, despite careful measuring, I couldn't get a full 2.5ius during the last drawing out of the vial. This case of the missing 3 tics of HGH doesn't make sense to me. So I increased it to 3ius (actually it should be 3.3ius but I only draw 3) and it works out fine. I take this when I get up at night to go to the bathroom. Before I'd have trouble getting back to sleep but not any more.

Now it could be my imagination but it seems that some of the wrinkles on my forehead has softened up a bit. I use to have pretty prominent frown line as well as one prominent frown line across my forehead just above my brow. You can see this somewhat in the first pic on the beach taken two years ago. The second pic was taken today. Also, I wanted to post a pic of a couple of friends that I went to high school with and graduated the same year, 1978. This no breach of privacy as it's available on the internet as they are somewhat public figures. One is a helicopter news pilot and the other a homicide detective. I do this just to give members on this board a reminder on what normal 50 year old men look like as people here, the young ones, have a very skewed notion of what normal people look like. Also, I included another, ahem, bod pic, in which I am not standing so close to the mirror like the first one I did a few posts back.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #495 on: September 12, 2011, 11:22:54 AM »
Another issue I wanted to address is your DOMS based theory. I am virtually sore every single time, and have been for decades, after training chest, back and quads. Not so much the other groups except maybe traps and that's only when I do a movement that directly effects them. I don't grow. Of course, you suggest that you have to be sore all the time. ALL the time. I'm not sure exactly how many times during the course of a week you are to train each body part to keep it sore -- you've even suggested training 8 hours a day -- but I don't want to find out. Who wants to live like that? After training legs last Thursday I was, as always, pretty miserable the next day. Doing everyday things like sitting down and getting up, walking up the stairs is just very uncomfortable. If I am not careful I get these debilitating cramps in my hamstrings. Mostly the left one. Friday was especially bad because I got them several times in both legs. Only by Sunday I start to feel better. By your theory, as I understand it, I should have been back on the squat rack on Saturday. Again, who wants to live like that? Resistance training should enhance the quality of your life not make you miserable.

^^
HOW TO MANAGE/WHAT TO TAKE FOR BRUTAL POST-WORKOUT MUSCLE PAIN????
^^
Look up this thread pellius, it's in the Nutrition section.  And it's legit, several weeks ago I went there asking members for HELP- I tried damn near everything under the sun, 5g Vitamin C per day, extra protein, Calcium-Magnesium Tablets, Vitamin D-3, Turmeric (Curcumin), fish oil.  I was literally going out of my head because of DOMS pain, (no joint/ligament pain at all, just muscles) and I was giving up.  Because of the pain I did stop training for the month of July...  :-[What was recommended to me, and I absolutely HATE to admit it DID WORK, was G L U T A M I N E!!!!!  I used to laugh at all the people buying this stuff, as it really seemed they were NOT training even a tenth as hard as me- I wrote all these things off as useless garbage.  BUT, for my metabolism- It's my guess that I BURN Glutamine like a blast furnace, and no amount of extra protein shakes (hard to get down too...) would supply the extra Glutamine.  It worked for me, that I PERSONALLY swear by- and I have never endorsed any products before...

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #496 on: September 12, 2011, 12:17:09 PM »
you came up with a hypothesis vince, not a theory

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #497 on: September 12, 2011, 12:23:59 PM »
^^
HOW TO MANAGE/WHAT TO TAKE FOR BRUTAL POST-WORKOUT MUSCLE PAIN????
^^
Look up this thread pellius, it's in the Nutrition section.  And it's legit, several weeks ago I went there asking members for HELP- I tried damn near everything under the sun, 5g Vitamin C per day, extra protein, Calcium-Magnesium Tablets, Vitamin D-3, Turmeric (Curcumin), fish oil.  I was literally going out of my head because of DOMS pain, (no joint/ligament pain at all, just muscles) and I was giving up.  Because of the pain I did stop training for the month of July...  :-[What was recommended to me, and I absolutely HATE to admit it DID WORK, was G L U T A M I N E!!!!!  I used to laugh at all the people buying this stuff, as it really seemed they were NOT training even a tenth as hard as me- I wrote all these things off as useless garbage.  BUT, for my metabolism- It's my guess that I BURN Glutamine like a blast furnace, and no amount of extra protein shakes (hard to get down too...) would supply the extra Glutamine.  It worked for me, that I PERSONALLY swear by- and I have never endorsed any products before...

I currently take all of those supps except glutamine. I use to for years but decided it wasn't worth it. I take about 3 grams of Vit C a day not counting what I get from food but take very high dose of tumeric and fish oil. In fact, do you know a cheap place to get tumeric? It gets expensive with the amount I take.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #498 on: September 12, 2011, 12:32:33 PM »
My son is an exercise scientist and could do this experiment. He is too busy working at the gym. It is a thought, though. My ex wouldn't allow any freebies, I am afraid. I will demonstrate it through myself. Should be fun. I might finally have the motivation. You know, "I'll show 'em!" [/b]

http://www.patentgenius.com/patent/5413546.html

Now you're talking.

w8m8

« Reply #499 on: September 12, 2011, 12:43:43 PM »
Now you're talking.

AHEM !!  >:(

he had years to think of that on his own