Author Topic: the dumbest fellas in the bodybuilding cult as of 2011,,  (Read 126764 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: the dumbest fellas in the bodybuilding cult as of 2011,,
« Reply #575 on: September 13, 2011, 11:51:52 PM »
You know, my fellow octoroon, you have nothing to prove...

LMFAO!!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #576 on: September 13, 2011, 11:54:50 PM »
No matter what Basile says, it ain't going to happen. Due to a drastic change in circumstance around 3 years ago I had to go off HRT for around 3 months. Even though I maintained my same training and diet, in fact I was more discipline and strict because I didn't have access to hormones, I slowly but surely lost conditioning. I got softer and weaker and felt horrible. Vince can make any claims he wants, claims that he won't and simply can't backup, but things happen to your body as you grow old. It will happen to all of us unless you die. You can enhance and improve your functional ability and quality of life at any age but eventually you will grow weaker and die.

Will you elaborate on your drastic change in circumstances?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #577 on: September 14, 2011, 12:04:20 AM »
Will you elaborate on your drastic change in circumstances?

No. Long story. My only point was that at my age being on hormones makes a big difference.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #578 on: September 14, 2011, 12:07:11 AM »
Yes of course.  Does having 5% remaining cartilage in your knees make knee extension exercises impossible?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #579 on: September 14, 2011, 12:14:29 AM »
Yes of course.  Does having 5% remaining cartilage in your knees make knee extension exercises impossible?

Zero pain with extensions  along with leg press in any variation. Minimal pain with hacks and squats on the Smith. The most pain is with barbell squats.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #580 on: September 14, 2011, 12:27:34 AM »
Well, Pellius, I was talking about your health, not mine. I met Dr. Michael Walczak in Vancouver in 1970. I think you are overdoing the Vitamin C by at least 3 times. Of course, I don't subscribe to those megadose theories.
With your extensive injuries it will be a worry as you age. It is understandable that you need things to lessen the pain, etc. Bodybuilding isn't a good idea, either, if your joints are sore because you might aggravate the soreness. I suppose it is an achievement of sorts to remain the same over the years. We used to award a consistency award to those who stayed the same but trained regularly and hard. Enjoy things while you still can. You have a long way to go to reach my age. I am quite surprised that I can still function quite well out bushwalking or training in the gym.  

Not only am I in good health, I am in great shape and physical condition. Better at 51 than probably you have ever been in your entire life. Today in Jiu-Jitsu class during the free training session I handily tapped out all my opponents. All of whom were half my age. And I don't consider myself a bodybuilder as such because I am not that concerned with "building" my body in the sense of increasing muscle mass. At my age an additional 20-30 pounds of muscle, and what I would have to do to achieve it, would not being doing my heart any favors. But are you now suggesting that I give up weight training?

And, seriously, why should I listen to you and not Dr. Walzak who has first hand experience working with world class athletes and bodybuilders? He gave me specific reasons why he believes in high dose Vit C and it made sense to me. And you still never answered my question as to why you think I have no self-respect?

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #581 on: September 14, 2011, 12:35:08 AM »
Yoga can place more stress on joints as opposed to resistance weight training.  Bodybuilding/resistance weight training is vital to preventing weakening of bones and helps regulate hormones. 

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #582 on: September 14, 2011, 12:49:01 AM »
Yoga can place more stress on joints as opposed to resistance weight training.  Bodybuilding/resistance weight training is vital to preventing weakening of bones and helps regulate hormones. 

Exactly. And it very much depends how you perform the movements. Throwing weights around is a recipe for disaster. I always do movements in a fairly smooth and controlled manner and with all pushing type exercises I never lock out always keeping tension on the muscle and not constantly locking out and pushing joint on joint on every rep. 

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #583 on: September 14, 2011, 12:52:06 AM »
Exactly. And it very much depends how you perform the movements. Throwing weights around is a recipe for disaster. I always do movements in a fairly smooth and controlled manner and with all pushing type exercises I never lock out always keeping tension on the muscle and not constantly locking out and pushing joint on joint on every rep. 
True...it all comes down to training smart. 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #584 on: September 14, 2011, 01:02:18 AM »
Pellius, the difference between you and me is that I am a bodybuilder whereas you train with weights. Keep doing what you are doing. Even if a locomotive hit you I doubt you would change! I will demonstrate in due course that I am still a bodybuilder at my age. When I do regain my former size, you owe me a nice dinner when I visit Hawaii. I will pick the menu. We will then take a photo together for the Getbig archives.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #585 on: September 14, 2011, 01:09:46 AM »
Wait a minute Vince, why is Pellius not a bodybuilder???  He trains with weights to build and sculpt his Physquie.  That is a bodybuilder/Sculpter!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #586 on: September 14, 2011, 01:21:43 AM »
Pellius, the difference between you and me is that I am a bodybuilder whereas you train with weights. Keep doing what you are doing. Even if a locomotive hit you I doubt you would change! I will demonstrate in due course that I am still a bodybuilder at my age. When I do regain my former size, you owe me a nice dinner when I visit Hawaii. I will pick the menu. We will then take a photo together for the Getbig archives.

I won't argue with that. Martial arts have always been my first love since before kindergarten. I began exercising (push-ups, pull-ups, bodyweight squats, dead lifts with sand bucket) when I was around 9 years old. Started formal weight training at 12 years old and with the exception of injuries and sickness I've done so consistently ever since. So I've been weight training longer than Jay Cutler has been alive. I would say that I was a serious bodybuilder from the ages of around 15 to 25-26 years old and weighed as much as 220 lbs. I soon realized that building muscles was not something that I was cut out to do and grew weary of trying to do and I was becoming more and more disenchanted with the sport after Arnold won in '80 and even more so when Franco won in '81. Even when I was training at Gold's in Venice in the early 1990s I saw guys like Flex, Cormier and Dillet but didn't really know who they were. (Dillet was the most impressive, freaky and scary looking but trained like a pussy and never came even remotely close to the training intensity I routinely displayed.)  Obviously I knew they were pros but didn't know their names or how big in the sport they were. I stopped following the sport (which meant at that time reading the magazines) entirely by the mid/late 1980s and missed the whole Haney, Dorian era. I got interested again in 2004 when I was at a friends house where he was watching Coleman's "Unbelievable" DVD.  I was blown away at how much things had changed. That's when I got on IronAge. I noticed there was one board that they always referred to with utter contempt and consider the antithesis of everything they stood for. And that was GetBig. And now here I am. (And got banned from IronAge about three years ago.)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #587 on: September 14, 2011, 01:28:15 AM »

LOL!!!

You're a fat old geezer, you have been a bodybuilder for a brief moment, full of dianabol on that stage in 1765.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #588 on: September 14, 2011, 01:31:21 AM »
Wait a minute Vince, why is Pellius not a bodybuilder???  He trains with weights to build and sculpt his Physquie.  That is a bodybuilder/Sculpter!

It's a fine point that a purist understandably would make. Bodybuilding to me is trying to build your body. Making your muscles bigger. So I won't argue would Vince's assertion regarding me. I would question his assertion that he is bodybuilder. I see no evidence that he is trying to build his muscles. Regrettably, I see no evidence that he trains at all though I could be wrong in that respect.

I'm certainly bigger and weigh more than I did two years ago. But that just happened without me consciously trying to do so. It's when I started the Red Tops in Feb. that I seemed to slowly put on weight. I was around 183 lbs two years ago and held that weight until this year. I weighed 197 this morning.  

Not only am I in good health, I am in great shape and physical condition. Better at 51 than probably you have ever been in your entire life. Today in Jiu-Jitsu class during the free training session I handily tapped out all my opponents. All of whom were half my age. And I don't really consider myself a bodybuilder as such because I am not that concerned with "building" my body in the sense of increasing muscle mass. At my age an additional 20-30 pounds of muscle, and what I would have to do to achieve it, would not being doing my heart any favors. But are you now suggesting that I give up weight training?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #589 on: September 14, 2011, 01:34:19 AM »

If you come even remotely close to your 1970 condition it will be my pleasure. If not, it will still be my pleasure though you will have to foot the bill.  ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #590 on: September 14, 2011, 01:40:35 AM »

And I don't know why you keep saying I haven't changed when I've posted pics in this very thread.. I've changed more in the last six months than you have in the last six years. And certainly, being a pupil of gh15, my thinking has changed very much.

One more time. For better or for worse:

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #591 on: September 14, 2011, 01:58:45 AM »
vince crazy old man ,, do you know many fellas at 50 years old walking around 5%? do you? fella is 5-6% and dry 5-6%! at age 50! do you even understand what it is? this is something some 23 year old have hard time to do ,, 23! he could be very big if he decided he wanted to be 10-12% bodyfat like every wanna be bodybuild on the planet,,palius would be very big at 10-12% ,,i dont thikn vince that you when won your whatever title ever got to be under6% probably 6% and wet! or semi wet,,he has less bodyfat at age 50! again you arre talking out of your mind but i got used to it

gh15 approved
fallen angel

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #592 on: September 14, 2011, 02:01:16 AM »

full of dianabol on that stage in 1765.

lol
fallen angel

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #593 on: September 14, 2011, 02:28:22 AM »
vince crazy old man ,, do you know many fellas at 50 years old walking around 5%? do you? fella is 5-6% and dry 5-6%! at age 50! do you even understand what it is? this is something some 23 year old have hard time to do ,, 23! he could be very big if he decided he wanted to be 10-12% bodyfat like every wanna be bodybuild on the planet,,palius would be very big at 10-12% ,,i dont thikn vince that you when won your whatever title ever got to be under6% probably 6% and wet! or semi wet,,he has less bodyfat at age 50! again you arre talking out of your mind but i got used to it

gh15 approved

I try not to be so hard on the fella. He's been around and knew personally all the legends in their prime going back to Larry Scott .But I do want him to know that this is getbig where we don't balonie around. I've already told him that he has proved nothing. He can produce no one as examples of his theories and no one that will vouch for him. gh15, just on this board alone, has pupil Stavios, pupil Dustin, pupil Okami, pupil Groink, pupil Leafy, even old fart pupil Pellius. And that's just off the top of my head and I'm sure there's others. Many whom will not even admit it.

But I think, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed, that we may have motivated him. He will fail just like that DJ181 failed at his "Three Phased Project" but at least he'll try like DJ181 tried. And hopefully he'll be wiser like DJ181 is wiser and learned he better be able to prove and back up his shit before he starts mouthing off and criticizing others.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #594 on: September 14, 2011, 01:48:17 PM »
Pellius not a bodybuilder, your think is broken for sure now lol

Torn rotator cuffs, that is awful, I injured mine recent;y ad I'm taking 2 weeks off from upper body lifts, how'd you tear your cuffs?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #595 on: September 14, 2011, 02:38:54 PM »
Pellius not a bodybuilder, your think is broken for sure now lol

Torn rotator cuffs, that is awful, I injured mine recent;y ad I'm taking 2 weeks off from upper body lifts, how'd you tear your cuffs?

I've been training in Jiu-Jitsu and other combat related sports since 1991. Takes it's toll.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #596 on: September 14, 2011, 03:21:24 PM »
I've been training in Jiu-Jitsu and other combat related sports since 1991. Takes it's toll.

it was jiu jitsu that did it? Ive done it before, would like to get into it later actually... that you tore your cuffs rolling makes me not wanna take classes lol

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #597 on: September 14, 2011, 04:48:43 PM »
Can you imagine how amusing/astonishing it is that almost no one appreciates DOMS-Hypertrophy training?Yet it is satisfying. I will try to keep going for a while and add other muscle groups.
Pellius is a very poor control subject because he loves that strenuous fighting. He is hard on his body and thus has wear and tear effects and injuries. My relative idleness has preserved my body so that I respond well to hypertrophy training and am making rapid gains.
When Arnold was at my place in 1974 I laughed when he said he would be a movie star. He told us that when people laughed at him it made him try harder. The 'experts' here laugh at me and say I am stupid, senile, crazy, and that my thinking is 'broken'! I will show all of you.

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #598 on: September 14, 2011, 08:11:45 PM »
Can you imagine how amusing/astonishing it is that almost no one appreciates DOMS-Hypertrophy training?Yet it is satisfying. I will try to keep going for a while and add other muscle groups.
Pellius is a very poor control subject because he loves that strenuous fighting. He is hard on his body and thus has wear and tear effects and injuries. My relative idleness has preserved my body so that I respond well to hypertrophy training and am making rapid gains.
When Arnold was at my place in 1974 I laughed when he said he would be a movie star. He told us that when people laughed at him it made him try harder. The 'experts' here laugh at me and say I am stupid, senile, crazy, and that my thinking is 'broken'! I will show all of you.

are you using your own gym for this "comeback"? dont lie now...i will have someone in there checking if this is all true! u will be watched.
what time are your "comeback" workouts?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #599 on: September 14, 2011, 08:34:27 PM »
it was jiu jitsu that did it? Ive done it before, would like to get into it later actually... that you tore your cuffs rolling makes me not wanna take classes lol

I've always been very prone to injury. My first day at Tball (I was about 9 yrs old) when the coach threw the ball at me and I caught it I dislocate my thumb. One of may 20+ dislocations over the years. I've probably broken my lower ribs on both sides at least 5 times or more for each side during the last 20 years the last one being just last year. In the late 1990s I went to the doctor complaining about this and he did a bone density test. He said my bones were way above average in density which was consistent with my diet and life style. He couldn't explain why they fracture so easily.

That's why my lower rib sticks out so much. In person you can see how mangled and deformed they are. When I saw a new doctor when I first moved back to Hawaii that's the first thing he noticed. He said, "What the hell happened to your ribs." With my umbilical hernia, which I didn't get treated until about 9 months after I got it because I didn't know what it was and only when my gut started spilling over that I finally got it treated. That and my protruding lower ribs has really destroyed my waist line. I use to have a 30 inch waist. Now it's about a 34 and my abs are permanent stretched out and distended. Believe me, it use to be a lot worse.