Author Topic: Corona Virus Home Workouts  (Read 4292 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Corona Virus Home Workouts
« on: April 04, 2020, 08:01:57 PM »
I bought some cinder blocks and I do farmers walks gripping them up and down my street. Overhead presses with them and single leg rdls with them.
Next I need to get big containers to fill with sand or water to do heavier farmers walks.
w

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Corona Virus Home Workouts
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 03:57:44 AM »
I bought some cinder blocks and I do farmers walks gripping them up and down my street. Overhead presses with them and single leg rdls with them.
Next I need to get big containers to fill with sand or water to do heavier farmers walks.

Why not buy some adjustable dumbbells, bench, dip and chin apparatus?  You could also go the full body weight route.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 01:58:43 PM »

I like it.

Suggest you wear steel toe shoes.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 07:10:45 PM »
Why not buy some adjustable dumbbells, bench, dip and chin apparatus?  You could also go the full body weight route.
i can’t find them online anywhere-all sold out-and the ones that are for sale seem really marked up-I also have a Walmart 45 lb barbell-better than nothing I guess
w

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 07:12:01 PM »
I like it.

Suggest you wear steel toe shoes.
the gripping makes it pretty intense. I’ve also been using my captains of crush gripper in between sets and throughout day. I’m up to 2.5 and haven’t mastered it yet
w

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 08:28:03 AM »
Might suggest using sandbags, which can be murder on you grip, forearms, biceps and triceps.

Can do overhead presses, clean & presses, upright rows, lateral/anterior/posterior  raises, curls, triceps work, etc. . Can hit the legs with lunges, step up's, one legged squats, etc. Making it more demanding, try using two filled sand bags in each hand. Or place bags on your shoulders when doing leg work. Farmer walks can be included in any workout.

Also suggest wet or damp sand for more weight, if using regular sand in the bags. Use even plain mud. Can also use  pee gravel, one half to three quarter rock. In any case, the weight in a sand bag can always be adjusted. Try hoisting around a 60lb dry cement sack for a variety of exercises, that can be a true workout..

Here in SoCal you can go to most any fire station and get free sand bags. Currently we are going to be hit with a major rain storm so a good supply of bags will be on hand.

Good Luck.

F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 03:16:55 PM »
Might suggest using sandbags, which can be murder on you grip, forearms, biceps and triceps.

Can do overhead presses, clean & presses, upright rows, lateral/anterior/posterior  raises, curls, triceps work, etc. . Can hit the legs with lunges, step up's, one legged squats, etc. Making it more demanding, try using two filled sand bags in each hand. Or place bags on your shoulders when doing leg work. Farmer walks can be included in any workout.

Also suggest wet or damp sand for more weight, if using regular sand in the bags. Use even plain mud. Can also use  pee gravel, one half to three quarter rock. In any case, the weight in a sand bag can always be adjusted. Try hoisting around a 60lb dry cement sack for a variety of exercises, that can be a true workout..

Here in SoCal you can go to most any fire station and get free sand bags. Currently we are going to be hit with a major rain storm so a good supply of bags will be on hand.

Good Luck.

Yeah, there's nothing quite as rewarding as dropping a bag full of damp sand on your head while doing and overhead lift, which is what would probably happen if I tried this with my arthritic grip.  :(

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 06:39:33 PM »

Good Luck.

thank you so much-I’ll try to find some
w